Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, how about we stop using spoiler tags since this is a CHAPTER DICUSSION?

ALL SPOILERS:

1. Eren and Crista meets the person who slit Crista's mom's throat, while faking their capture
2. The Reed guy gets KILLED while his underling cowers behind a tree(I would be terrified too, holy shit)
3. Eren and Crista REALLY get kidnapped by the guy who slit Crista's throat
4. After intimidating Crista, Levi gets her to agree to become the Queen(so maybe my theory was wrong?)
5. LEVI ACKERMAN GETS MENTIONED by the killer guy!! It's unclear if his last name is Ackerman or something else.

THERE! Stop using spoiler tags.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 6, 2014 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
GodlyKyon said:
FrozenRemains said:
THERE WAS A LEVIXMIKASA SHIP?!? XDDDDDDDDDD

that was my reaction as well. Also, Eren and Mikasa are far more familial compared to Levi, this is a repeated theme throughout the manga.

If anything, that's incest.

Only person who calls them family is Mikasa when somebody asks her why she is so devoted to Eren.
He himself specifies that he is "not her little brother nor her son" Mikasa is older than Eren by a few months too.
Eren wants Mikasa to see him as a man, notice why they have been getting along fine these last few chapters? Chapter 50, Mikasa finally see's Eren in a new light, Eren's mothers words to him "Be a man and protect Mikasa will you?"
Those words haunted Eren Everytime she put her life in danger to save him, now he has proven he can save her and he now knows she can need him sometimes, their relationship to eachother is much more balanced.
Mikasa lived in Eren's home for one year, and referred to his parents as "your father" and such. She lived with them, but she suddenly didn't become Eren's sister, they were far too old for the westermarck effect to take place, and Mikasa has shown obvious signs of attraction towards Eren.

Levi is quite possibly blood related to Mikasa, he has similar hair and combat abilities, that and after last chapter they could very well share the same last name... If there is relation it is sure to be through blood.
So Levi x Mikasa is now not only creepy because Levi is a grown man and Mikasa is 15, but there is a high chance Levi could now be her Uncle or cousin or something... Lol
Apr 6, 2014 4:55 PM
Mar 2014
GodlyKyon said:
Ok, how about we stop using spoiler tags since this is a CHAPTER DICUSSION?

ALL SPOILERS:

1. Eren and Crista meets the person who slit Crista's mom's throat, while faking their capture
2. The Reed guy gets KILLED while his underling cowers behind a tree(I would be terrified too, holy shit)
3. Eren and Crista REALLY get kidnapped by the guy who slit Crista's mom's throat
4. After intimidating Crista, Levi gets her to agree to become the Queen(so maybe my theory was wrong?)
5. LEVI ACKERMAN GETS MENTIONED by the killer guy!! It's unclear if his last name is Ackerman or something else.

THERE! Stop using spoiler tags.

Fixed^
Apr 6, 2014 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
Where are you guys reading it? Every website I see has it in raw only. And reading these Levi Ackerman thingy is getting me really curious.
Apr 6, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
insanity- said:
Where are you guys reading it? Every website I see has it in raw only. And reading these Levi Ackerman thingy is getting me really curious.

read the chinese site.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Feb 2014
Things I have to say about this chapter:

1. I'm actually hoping Reebs doesn't die--he was still struggling and making some strangled noises the last time we saw him, so I'm holding some vain hope that he'll be rescued somehow. I don't even know WHY I want him to live so badly; it's just after Levi's lofty speech and the promises exchanged between them, I wanted it to mean something a little more than death.

2. Is it bad that the revelation that Mikasa and Levi--not to mention this assassin leader guy---are all related, just floored me while the information that Titans are former humans just made me shake my head at how long it took for the characters to realize it?

3. Historia's reaction to being Queen was pretty much what I predicted; I knew she wouldn't just jump on the bandwagon. Still, usually-calm Levi manhandling her and screaming at her was even creepier than Erwin's crazy smile in 51. It was almost painful to watch him just abusing her like that when she's already at rock bottom. On the other hand, she sort of needed a verbal slap in the face, so good for him.

4. Well, we didn't get to see Eren taken to an enemy base in the previous arc, so maybe we'll finally get to see the workings of one of the "evil" factions.
Apr 6, 2014 6:10 PM
Feb 2014
Bertxannie said:
What the... ?!!
They bother to show Bert in the front page, mention him in some pages (Eren saying he remembered something Bert said when they were fleeing), and have the nerve to leave us hanging?? I hope he is already in his village thinking of a way to rescue Annie.

From the panels shown, it looks like Eren was remembering Bert and Ymir talking about how she was a mindless Titan for sixty years before she ate their friend and returned to being human. Things were so chaotic that I'm guessing no one bothered to ask Eren what he might have learned from the enemy while captured. It means that now Hanji or Erwin (or at least someone in charge) knows that there might be a "cure" for being an ordinary Titan, even though it's certainly a gruesome one.
Apr 6, 2014 6:13 PM
Mar 2014
insanity- said:

PMed you a link. Enjoy.
Apr 6, 2014 6:30 PM
Aug 2013
http://worldofchicken.tumblr.com/post/81839432722
That fucker has no face expressions! He's like a robot programed to like you.
Apr 7, 2014 12:01 AM
Apr 2014
keragamming said:
FrozenRemains said:
Where did you read it?

I message you the link.

Can you send me the link please?? I want to read it and couln't find it and it's driving me crazy
Apr 7, 2014 12:04 AM
Apr 2014
keragamming said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, eren and Historia got kidnapped. Also the guy that killed historia mother is there as well. waiting for English translation.

Can you send me the link please?
Apr 7, 2014 3:05 AM

Nov 2013
Because it is so hard to check the link just above your own post ...

/facepalm
Apr 7, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2013
If anyone still needs the translation, here's where I read it:

Apr 7, 2014 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit the old guy is dead and his killer is the teacher of levi? and levi is related to mikasa too lol
Apr 7, 2014 3:42 AM

Aug 2012
Meh, will wait for mangastream
Apr 7, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
O.O Oh F**K!! Pretty big mind fucks in this chapter. So Levi neglected to tell his squad that Historia will be queen....

But...that Guy is Levis Dad!? Wait...ACkerman...WHAT!?!?!?! Mikasa...what? Oh Shit....Plan just went to hell....Anti-Human Suppression squad? that can be taken as 2 ways....
1) Fake king's and Historia's fathers rebellion suppression squad or

2) Titan's have gotten spies and their own kind into Wall Rose and their mission is to keep humans down...

I hope that Son does not get caught....he is current hope to get message to Levi and others!!! F**K!!! Things just got Both more Interesting and turned into hell...
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 7, 2014 6:07 AM
Feb 2014
Jarjaxle said:
O.O Oh F**K!! Pretty big mind fucks in this chapter. So Levi neglected to tell his squad that Historia will be queen....

But...that Guy is Levis Dad!? Wait...ACkerman...WHAT!?!?!?! Mikasa...what? Oh Shit....Plan just went to hell....Anti-Human Suppression squad? that can be taken as 2 ways....
1) Fake king's and Historia's fathers rebellion suppression squad or

2) Titan's have gotten spies and their own kind into Wall Rose and their mission is to keep humans down...

I know, the whole Ackerman surname thing sort of threw me for a while. I'm starting to think that it isn't Levi who is related to Mikasa though, but the Captain. From the way he was talking, it sounds like he took Levi in and taught him everything he knows at a young age. Which would mean the Captain is Mikasa's blood relation while Levi "merely" shares the name.

Anyway, I agree with your first suggestion about it being a rebellion-suppression group; "Anti-Human" is a perfect name for it, because the military is solely purposed for taking down Titans, not other humans. A squad that deals with killing humans alone would be extremely dangerous.

As a side note, it's interesting that they don't seem to be part of the same Military Police unit that Sanes and Ralph were a part of; they look like they may be a special operations group of their own, even higher than the Police.
Apr 7, 2014 6:19 AM
Apr 2014
LEVI FUCKING ACKERMAN
Apr 7, 2014 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
Levi Ackerman business was definitely the highlight of this chapter for me.
Apr 7, 2014 6:32 AM

Apr 2013
OH
MY
WHAT HAPPENED
Apr 7, 2014 6:45 AM
Apr 2011
I just had a headache after reading that crappy translation.
Apr 7, 2014 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
wasn't it Levi rivaille O.o?

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Apr 7, 2014 6:53 AM

Feb 2011
ackerman? levi and mikasa are related? o_O

lol anti-human suppression squad
things are gonna be more grim..

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 7, 2014 6:55 AM
Apr 2011
What will this story gain from Levi being related to Mikasa? If Levi is Mikasa's uncle/brother/cousin/father what will be the implications? Because as far as I know it doesn't serve any purpose and could potentially be a source of plot holes...
Apr 7, 2014 7:05 AM
Jul 2013
The MP captain being an Ackermann, why not ?

But Levi ? It doesn't make any sense.
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Apr 7, 2014 7:08 AM
Jul 2013
ravagestorm said:
What will this story gain from Levi being related to Mikasa? If Levi is Mikasa's uncle/brother/cousin/father what will be the implications? Because as far as I know it doesn't serve any purpose and could potentially be a source of plot holes...

Certainly, Levi never reacted towards Mikasa. And why wouldn't anyone in the survey corps mention his Lastname or question he didn't have one ?
JinkuroApr 7, 2014 8:25 AM
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Apr 7, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2013
again me with the most retarded theories.

first, i didn't really believe that a spin-off noncanon manga series like the one about levi will spoil a canon very important information... especially coz it was on the spin-off COVER itself. if u didn't get what i'm talking about, it's about the levi ackerman thing and clan symbol...

second, somebody mentioned here about annie being the person with the hood. i saw the curvy nose before i read ur theory and i thought it might be her father actually. it's not annie for sure, levi and erwin would know if she escaped from the crystal. but it's unlikely that it was annie's father too, that's connected with my final theory.

so third, m i the only one who thinks that the butcher guy is actually the ape titan. this might be again connected with the memory loss theory. just remember the ape titan when he was inspecting the 3DMG. and now the butcher said "let's prepare the ANTI HUMAN 3DMG". and when he was inspecting it he said "look what interesting thing humans invented". and it means because they know the mechanism of the 3dmg they made something to defeat it. and, just look how much he resembels ape on this page: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/56/38 . also, i think that the person with the hood might not be annie coz she's together with RB, and it was clear that they were against him when they saw ape titan. but annie's on her father's site so it was not annie's father too, but still might be some memory loss.
mandroidApr 7, 2014 8:20 AM
Tuturu~
Apr 7, 2014 8:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Levi is an Ackermaman too (by adoption or birth?). Interesting twist. And Levi certainly has some violent motivational tools, but I guess they work and that's what matters.

The new villains look nasty.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 7, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2014
How did these guys even know that the Reebs Corporation was working with Levi? That's what I wanna know. At first, I thought it was the son who was betraying them as he "took a piss" but he really did take a piss lol. He would have probably been killed off by the MP if he chose to give them info (just to get rid of all loose ends).

Also, why are you guys being so antsy about this whole Ackerman deal? I mean, come on -- "asspull"? Shit hasn't even been explained yet and you're already doubting Isayama. This is Isayama we're talking about, everything will be explained eventually. And when it does, it will be glorious.

I also went "aww" when Reebs died. Didn't think I'd like the guy but I did. He actually cared about the Eren & Historia after all the exchanges that have happened in the past few chapters.

I'm also curious to know as to who that hooded figure is. Face looks awfully similar to Annie, but a lot taller. Probably has blonde hair too.
Apr 7, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2013
i thought that he wasn't really pissing too. i thought he would smoke marijuana.
Tuturu~
Apr 7, 2014 8:30 AM
Jul 2013
mandroid said:

so third, m i the only one who thinks that the butcher guy is actually the ape titan. this might be again connected with the memory loss theory. just remember the ape titan when he was inspecting the 3DMG. and now the butcher said "let's prepare the ANTI HUMAN 3DMG".

3DMG is not a secret for someone living in the walls. I don't see the connexion.

I think they created this anti-human thing because they were prepared for a Civil war.
Apr 7, 2014 8:57 AM

Jun 2010
!!!!!!!!!!! wow so anyone Ackerman is destined to be kick ass. so we've got the big brother, little sister, dad reunion coming up. can't wait to see the mom.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Apr 7, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2013
So Levi is related to Mikasa?! This was a great chapter.
Apr 7, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Mm...Rod Reiss. That's a weird name. Still, I was more surprised by the revelation of Levi's last name. I mean..Ackerman. Now that's a twist I didn't see coming.
Apr 7, 2014 9:56 AM
Mar 2014
Decide said:
If anyone still needs the translation, here's where I read it:

Just a heads up to those who are reading the manga from this link: basing it on the Chinese raw, this link's translation isn't very accurate at certain points (though for the Levi Ackerman part, which seems to be the hottest thing here, it's pretty all right).
Apr 7, 2014 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
They now have the chapter up on Mangareader.net, just to let anyone know.

But, anyways....I feel as if saying, "Hey, do you know a guy named Levi Ackerman?" is a little random. Now, Captain Abraham Lincoln is a different story..

It feels more fitting to just have Captain Ackerman, and not Levi Ackerman.

Also, dem abs on Erwin. I'm tired of seeing Mikasa abs, so having male abs is refreshing. Especially since I like Erwin.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Apr 7, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2012
ugh...this is what the anime bandwagon has done to the attack on titan discussions...endless pages of "shipping" nonsense.
Apr 7, 2014 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
I don't think this is really an asspull whatsoever. I mean Levi did care about his comrades, but why would he particularly risk his life to save someone he barely knew? (Mikasa). Yeah she's good but could she replace him? Nope.

This makes a ton of sense, also Eren's dad visiting mikasa's family.. the mysterious disease he cured of Hannes wife, is all shrouded in mystery. Eren's dad himself seems--monumentally important, because if he enabled Eren to become a titan, he's leagues and steps ahead of humanity in knowledge. Him visiting the house of someone important to the overall story such as the ackermans (who have Levi, Mikasa and Historia's moms killer) is nowhere near a stretch. I'm actually impressed because I thought the plot could go with an asspull--but it didn't, its stayed relevant and logically reasonable.

Also we know NOTHING of Levi's past, he hasn't been part of the corps for several years or anything (as shown by the side manga he met Erwin when he was mid to late teens) He didn't say anything? Maybe because if this dude is mikasa's 'real' father he's a jackass whereas her adopted parents were very kind. If he's her brother, maybe he didn't say anything because he's Jaded, whereas Eren is good enough emotional support. I mean there's too many possibilities here.
GreatsharkbiteApr 7, 2014 10:38 AM
Apr 7, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WHATWHATWHAAAAAAATTTT?????????? So Levi and Mikasa must be related in some way, it can't be a coincidence. About what shinkuu-chan posted on a resemblance in a levi's spinoff and an older snk chapter

I JUST
LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK
I'M OUT OF WORDS!

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Apr 7, 2014 11:35 AM
Apr 2014
Can someone pleaaaaaaaaase explain me what do they mean by mikasaxlevi ship and the ship sunk and INCEST, I and for sure understand the worlds but what do you mean by it ? im really confused
Apr 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
zizoo0oo said:
Can someone pleaaaaaaaaase explain me what do they mean by mikasaxlevi ship and the ship sunk and INCEST, I and for sure understand the worlds but what do you mean by it ? im really confused

It's the shippers that ship those 2. Which is pretty weird....
Apr 7, 2014 12:59 PM
Mar 2014
Don't really know why people are calling it an asspull, but anyway... I really hope we'll finally get to see more of Mikasa and Levi's background. Mikasa's childhood story always felt off to me as unlike the others, it didn't seem to tie in directly with the story, and Mikasa's like the one of the next most major MC in SnK after Eren. And knowing how Isayama seems to always not leave any plot thread hanging loose, always wondered if we'd ever come back to her past to show how everything's really linked.

Regarding Levi's last name, I'm starting to think Levi might not even know/remember his last name at all...but that seems too far of a stretch, especially with that last panel of him. If (big IF) he doesn't remember his last name and if (bigger IF) he and Capt Ackerman are blood related, I hope there isn't that "I am your father" moment. Gosh, I'm really tired of that plot "twist". But knowing Isayama, who has so far smartly and expertly handled plot twists really well, I highly doubt this would happen.
Apr 7, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
Nina is cute, that's all that matters.
Apr 7, 2014 2:01 PM
Dec 2012
Well, this was interesting.

Did not see the Ackerman thing coming. Maybe Levi is an uncle or something. I'll definitely be waiting for more there.

And I wonder what's going to happen with Historia. So, now she's supposed to become queen, but the assassin guy's got them now...

It's beginning to kill me waiting the entire month for a new chapter. There wasn't really a huge reveal this month but something gone wrong happened again.

Feels like so long ago we were dealing with Annie o_0 I wonder when she'll reappear.
Apr 7, 2014 2:20 PM

Sep 2013
good chapter!

Levi Ackerman, Mikasa Ackerman, and Captain Ackerman?! I want to know more. Again, more question raises once again :p

Apr 7, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
To fail and to fail hard at that haha... that was frustrating to read.

Apr 7, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2014
Greatsharkbite said:
I don't think this is really an asspull whatsoever. I mean Levi did care about his comrades, but why would he particularly risk his life to save someone he barely knew? (Mikasa). Yeah she's good but could she replace him? Nope.

This makes a ton of sense, also Eren's dad visiting mikasa's family.. the mysterious disease he cured of Hannes wife, is all shrouded in mystery. Eren's dad himself seems--monumentally important, because if he enabled Eren to become a titan, he's leagues and steps ahead of humanity in knowledge. Him visiting the house of someone important to the overall story such as the ackermans (who have Levi, Mikasa and Historia's moms killer) is nowhere near a stretch. I'm actually impressed because I thought the plot could go with an asspull--but it didn't, its stayed relevant and logically reasonable.

Also we know NOTHING of Levi's past, he hasn't been part of the corps for several years or anything (as shown by the side manga he met Erwin when he was mid to late teens) He didn't say anything? Maybe because if this dude is mikasa's 'real' father he's a jackass whereas her adopted parents were very kind. If he's her brother, maybe he didn't say anything because he's Jaded, whereas Eren is good enough emotional support. I mean there's too many possibilities here.

This makes sooo much sense. Nice catch! Raises questions as to why Grisha went to the Ackerman residence in the first place. People gotta understand that the mystery is one of the things that makes AoT so intriguing/interesting in the first place.
Apr 7, 2014 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
But does anyone have an idea on how the MP knew that the Reebs Corporation was on the Survey Corps' side?
Apr 7, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
But does anyone have an idea on how the MP knew that the Reebs Corporation was on the Survey Corps' side?

I don't think Captain Akerman knew. I just think he killed him just because he knows too much.
Apr 7, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
jreginald said:

I don't think Captain Akerman knew. I just think he killed him just because he knows too much.

I'm pretty sure he did -- they were prepared for this. They brought their own carriage instead of taking Reebs' carriage. They expected blades on Eren's person and even replaced the cloths around their mouths with gags. Either the first MP is just that smart or someone tipped them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just that smart.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.