Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 24, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
bloodswordzkill said:
The only reason Mikasa is the way she is towards Eren is because she considers him family. I mean come on, in the databook her highest unique quality was kindred-ship which means family relations. That's why she is constantly talking about family and not wanting to lose it anymore. That is why she is so keen on keeping Eren safe, because he is the last semblance of family she has. Some shippers might view it as romantic feelings but every time she talks about Eren it's familial.

Then there is Eren who definitely acts like a little brother who gets upset every time Mikasa acts caring towards him. He has no problem admiring Annie and Levi's strength, but he gets jealous every time Mikasa does something cool which is how you would behave towards a sibling (as opposed to Jean who has a crush on Mikasa and is in awe when she does something amazing). Just because he says 'I'm not your little brother' doesn't mean he doesn't view her as family. If any of you actually have a little brother, they say stuff like that even if they are blood related to you.

It might not be incest as far as blood relations go but it's still gives off that vibe to a lot of people. Especially those who are a part of adopted families. It's okay if you ship it but I wish people would stop getting so offended that people see Eren and Mikasa as brother/sister. It has nothing to do with blood but more to do if you view the person as family. Family is more important than romance anyways, so why do people downplay it so much?

But whatever. As far as shipping goes family relations doesn't deter anyone. People who think incest means people will stop shipping something must not have a lot of fandom experience. Incest is a pretty popular kink in fandom, especially in Japan (have you seen Uchihacest?) It's understandable that some people are turned off by it, but to say people will stop shipping it is naïve.

I guess that's why she blushed on mention that Eren is her boyfriend?
And she almost kissed him few chapters back if I recall.
Nope, pure familial love and nothing more :P

I mean why even write a huge wall of text trying to disprove something that's pretty much obvious weirds me out even more. Again, family feelings are important yes but it's so darn obvious that it's more then that, at least from Mikasa's side.

Whatever this belongs to another topic anyway
pwnagekittenApr 24, 2014 7:46 PM
Apr 24, 2014 7:51 PM

Oct 2013
pwnagekitten said:
bloodswordzkill said:
The only reason Mikasa is the way she is towards Eren is because she considers him family. I mean come on, in the databook her highest unique quality was kindred-ship which means family relations. That's why she is constantly talking about family and not wanting to lose it anymore. That is why she is so keen on keeping Eren safe, because he is the last semblance of family she has. Some shippers might view it as romantic feelings but every time she talks about Eren it's familial.

Then there is Eren who definitely acts like a little brother who gets upset every time Mikasa acts caring towards him. He has no problem admiring Annie and Levi's strength, but he gets jealous every time Mikasa does something cool which is how you would behave towards a sibling (as opposed to Jean who has a crush on Mikasa and is in awe when she does something amazing). Just because he says 'I'm not your little brother' doesn't mean he doesn't view her as family. If any of you actually have a little brother, they say stuff like that even if they are blood related to you.

It might not be incest as far as blood relations go but it's still gives off that vibe to a lot of people. Especially those who are a part of adopted families. It's okay if you ship it but I wish people would stop getting so offended that people see Eren and Mikasa as brother/sister. It has nothing to do with blood but more to do if you view the person as family. Family is more important than romance anyways, so why do people downplay it so much?

But whatever. As far as shipping goes family relations doesn't deter anyone. People who think incest means people will stop shipping something must not have a lot of fandom experience. Incest is a pretty popular kink in fandom, especially in Japan (have you seen Uchihacest?) It's understandable that some people are turned off by it, but to say people will stop shipping it is naïve.

I mean why even write a huge wall of text trying to disprove something that's pretty much obvious weirds me out even more. Again, family feelings are important yes but it's so darn obvious that it's more then that, at least from Mikasa's side.

I'm a Annie x Eren shipper, and even I know that Mikasa thinks of Eren more than just family.
Apr 24, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2013
keragamming said:
pwnagekitten said:
bloodswordzkill said:

I'm a Annie x Eren shipper, and even I know that Mikasa thinks of Eren more than just family.

I would have been ok with that shipping prior to her going crazy.
Apr 26, 2014 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
My god, finally caught up, haven't read since chapter 52, anyways this chapter was awesome and I didn't know about that many people shipped levixmikasa, just like 3 or 4 people but from another website but come on that wasn't going to happen either way and for some reason I don't want that guy to just die, anyways the next chapter should be interesting and I wonder when will annie and the others return?
And eren and historia kidnapped and levi an ackerman, holy shit...

For some reason I like the erenxannie, I think they make a nice couple and they are both a little crazy lol

Are people who read this manga really that new into manga/anime? LOL, Being related usually means MORE shipping.

Indeed lol but levixmikasa is just so creepy when I think about it...
Now even more considering that levi is like 34 and they probably are related.
MC117Apr 26, 2014 10:20 PM
Apr 26, 2014 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
MC117 said:
My god, finally caught up, haven't read since chapter 52, anyways this chapter was awesome and I didn't know about that many people shipped levixmikasa, just like 3 or 4 people but from another website but come on that wasn't going to happen either way and for some reason I don't want that guy to just die, anyways the next chapter should be interesting and I wonder when will annie and the others return?
And eren and historia kidnapped and levi an ackerman, holy shit...

For some reason I like the erenxannie, I think they make a nice couple and they are both a little crazy lol

Are people who read this manga really that new into manga/anime? LOL, Being related usually means MORE shipping.

Indeed lol but levixmikasa is just so creepy when I think about it...
Now even more considering that levi is like 34 and they probably are related.

I don't like it anymore because Annie killed enough people that Eren cared about that I don't see it happening.
Apr 27, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2014
pwnagekitten said:
asteroidvx said:
Am I the only one that would rather that they not be related...

Why not? Only way this could be pointless if it was just for the coolness factor, instead of a reasonable plot device or point. Unless you secretly ship them and don't want to see it ruined :P

Nah I don't ship them :P. I just think that Mikasa is really annoying and that Levi is really not annoying. So when they say that they're related it doesn't really connect in my mind... but anyways I'm fine with it now.
Apr 27, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm...it looks like Levi's father was the killer of Historia's mother but I don't think Levi and Mikasa are siblings, probably cousins :)
Apr 28, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2013
Just bang already.
Apr 28, 2014 3:49 PM

Mar 2014
pwnagekitten said:
bloodswordzkill said:

I agree with this post so much. How Mikasa feels toward Eren is so obvious, you can't say it's just familial. Also, think of the time when they were trying to take down Annie, Mikasa even asked Eren if she had feelings for the chick. Mikasa sounded pretty jealous there.

Eren might not exactly feel the same way, though. I'm the younger brother in a family of 4 kids so I can relate to bloodwords was saying but even then, I can still Eren having feelings for Mikasa. I mean, that scarf scene (both when they were kids + Chapter 50) was pretty cute.
Apr 28, 2014 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
jreginald said:
pwnagekitten said:
bloodswordzkill said:

I agree with this post so much. How Mikasa feels toward Eren is so obvious, you can't say it's just familial. Also, think of the time when they were trying to take down Annie, Mikasa even asked Eren if she had feelings for the chick. Mikasa sounded pretty jealous there.

Eren might not exactly feel the same way, though. I'm the younger brother in a family of 4 kids so I can relate to bloodwords was saying but even then, I can still Eren having feelings for Mikasa. I mean, that scarf scene (both when they were kids + Chapter 50) was pretty cute.

I like the chemistry between Annie and Eren way more. ;)
Apr 28, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2014
While I don't think that Annie and Mikasa have any kind of special character dynamic, it's interesting to see how their fighting philosophies clash in regards of fighting/teaching Eren.

I think it may not be so much of a jealousy from Mikasa's side but rather showing some kind of concern for Eren. (too much you can argue). Because she thinks that Annie poses a threat for Eren with her rough teaching style, which Eren is actually fond of, because they're similar in few ways, both having a thirst for violence and feeling the need to change things, Annie being more passive and cynical, while Eren being more head-on and having a bloodlust rageboner.

Sooo yea Annie and Eren are quite interesting as a character duo. Sadly I can't say that for Mikasa and Eren. However, her relationship with Eren has many...parallels with the relationship of Historia and Ymir. Goddamn Isayama sure LOVES his parallels.

But in the end i DO think that Mikasa felt sorry for Annie.

Just come out of that crystal already plox :c
Apr 29, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
Levi and Mikasa are related... like that's gonna stop the doujins.
May 2, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
bloodswordzkill said:

It's more along the fact that Mikasa and Eren's relationship is not at all like that of a brother and sister.
Eren wants Mikasa to see him as a man, his mothers words from years ago still in his head.

Then there's the fact that nobody refers to them as brother and sister, not Armin who is their closest friend. In fact Armin seems to know that their relationship is romantic on Mikasa's side and my opinion is he hasn't mustered up the courage to ask Eren about it.

I've gone into detail about Mikasa's attachment to Eren before, but it basically goes back to Mikasa seeing the cruelty of the world (her parents murder and attempted kidnap) and then the light (Eren risking his life to save her). I believe Mikasa thrives off of Eren's passion and sense of justice, because she is (sadly) somewhat dead inside without Eren around. She could survive but she wouldn't live, if you know what I mean.

Levi and Mikasa together is wrong in my eyes for many reasons, one him being old enough to be her father, them just being family makes it more comical.
May 10, 2014 1:34 AM
Nov 2013
Jesus, the whole plan is going down.

and then...

Ackerman. Ackerman. ACKERMAN. ERMAHGEEEEEEERD
May 11, 2014 7:33 PM

Jun 2012
Wow damn, never would've though Mikasa and Levi were related. I guess that explains wh they've always got along so well...

...it also saves the Mikasa x Eren ship.
May 23, 2014 10:49 PM

Sep 2010
Did the mangaka just pull an Eren and Mikasa ship save with Levi Ackerman, or...?

Hurry up, Chapter 58, I want to know what will happen next.
Aug 10, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
Wait, wait, wait... Levi [b]Ackerman[/m]? That remind me of a certain someone... dis gun b gud

Ahhh, it had been a while I didn't read the manga. Now, I kinda forgot about what was happpening so I'm a bit confuse. But oh well, it will come back later I guess.

Poor Reebs. In fact, I don't give a shit, so I don't know why I act as I care. Neither I give a damn about Historia and Eren. Levi probably suspected that to happen, so I'm not worried.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 26, 2014 1:45 AM

Jun 2008
The thing that fascinated me greatly was the fact that people actually believed that Levi and Mikasa was a real possibility.

Holy shit, talk about DEEP delusion.
Oct 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2014
Reebs gave Eren some needles to injure himself whenever necessary so that he can shift..I noticed that some of them were placed under his tongue..Did Kenny and Co remove those needles or does Eren still have them under his tongue at the end of chapter 62?
Oct 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
fathertime said:
Reebs gave Eren some needles to injure himself whenever necessary so that he can shift..I noticed that some of them were placed under his tongue..Did Kenny and Co remove those needles or does Eren still have them under his tongue at the end of chapter 62?

Hmmm... That's a good point. When they said they remove all the needles I just believe it, maybe Eren does have the needles under his tongue.

Also Kenny is about to face Levi squad as well so I don't know if they will rescue eren. So maybe that will be how he will escape.
Oct 27, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
fathertime said:

Hmmm... That's a good point. When they said they remove all the needles I just believe it, maybe Eren does have the needles under his tongue.

Also Kenny is about to face Levi squad as well so I don't know if they will rescue eren. So maybe that will be how he will escape.
Yeah,,but when did Kenny order all needles to be removed?Was it in chapter 56?i guess i must have missed it
Oct 27, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
fathertime said:
keragamming said:

Yeah,,but when did Kenny order all needles to be removed?Was it in chapter 56?i guess i must have missed it

The female chick told Kenny that all needles where remove from them. It's in chapter 56, she has a hoodie on her. She's the same one that we saw in chapter 58.
Oct 28, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2010
Again a wow chapter.
I like how Levi is portrayed here, when he threatened Historia. It's like what he did with Eren. Doesn't care whether they're just kids or whatever. He doesn't waste time on persuading, always the classic "do it" and that's it. My mental was stained by so much fujoshi shippers writing Levi as some shoujo yandere prince but I feel like this chapter has cleansed my perception towards him once again.

And this Ackerman thing... So THAT'S WHY both Levi and Mikasa are friggin strong, no? There might be similarities in their gene pool... Haha.
But the Captain Ackerman who killed Reebs added more mystery, as it could mean he's even stronger than them both, being the sensei of Levi.
Jan 21, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2012
He didn't betray him good job. nice guy. levi rock as always.

Jun 4, 2015 11:08 PM

May 2012
Meh... expected.

3/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 13, 2015 3:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Levi Ackerman, huh? I'm just gonna go to sleep now...

4/5
Dec 1, 2015 12:51 PM

Sep 2014
Poor Historia didn't have much of a choice with Levi like that.
Feb 28, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
So they told the guy that his friend was nowhere near and then read this text convicting him of betrayal and the guy was like

Sounds legit and read it.

M'kay.
Jun 22, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Levi Ackerman. Sounds good.
Jan 25, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2014
that was something else... eren and histeria got captured but what will happen to themmm.... oooh so psyched
Apr 16, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
Hmmm a weird guy appeared and seems to know alot about levi. Interesting.
May 20, 2017 5:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a change in the plan!!!
This ever is worst :/
Aug 3, 2019 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
Kenny's appearance was definitely more impressive in the anime, but I like his introduction here as well.

I can't help but feel sorry for Historia, she is pushed into a role she never chose, instead of living for herself, which will probably make her unhappy. But I understand why she has to do it, considering how many lives are at stake.
Aug 8, 2019 12:33 AM
Mar 2019
Does Sanne's comment to Hange about "another actor taking their place" ever become relevant in the future?
Feb 20, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2016
That was an interesting way to do this whole situation, idk why it was changed so much in the anime tho :x
Dec 24, 2020 9:47 PM

Sep 2011
Levi surname is finally revealed, and it's the same that Mikasa's. This series loves a big twist.
ViniSDDec 25, 2020 9:18 AM
Jan 13, 6:48 PM

Nov 2015
I love how you people repeat anything in ignorance sayin reebs corporation when actually is reeves company. 😊

jreginald said:
This is Isayama we're talking about, everything will be explained eventually. And when it does, it will be glorious.

wtc, why ppl are so impatient tho, never seen anything like this on a forum anime.

SnazzGary said:
Also, dem abs on Erwin. I'm tired of seeing Mikasa abs, so having male abs is refreshing. Especially since I like Erwin.

i like erwins too 😭💔

Greatsharkbite said:
This makes a ton of sense, also Eren's dad visiting mikasa's family..

this is going to be explained several chapters later... it has its own logic tho 👀

skittle316 said:
Also am I the only one for giggled at shirtless Erwin, like the idea that he is able to handle having no arm and that physic is kinda hot but I feel mad creepy at the same time x)

i prob would be rolling on the floor without getting anything done 🤣 props to erwin, the badass can dress up by himself! ❤️‍🩹

Grimmm said:
He's killing so many characters off that we barely have any left. I guess he can always go back to Reiner's group and maybe introduce some other "warriors" from their village that way we get new characters without it feeling forced.

yeah, i don't care about those other warriors! even if they are new 😤 because I will miss the olde ones

pwnagekitten said:
P.S. Erwin is too sexy for his shirt.

, 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍💯💯💦🔥🔥
Berry-VodkaJan 13, 7:49 PM

💢

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.