Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 7, 2014 12:40 PM
Feb 2012
RedHazard said:
The animation was good.

And that's pretty much it. This episode was just boring.

Pretty much this. It looked good but wasn't entertaining whatsoever. Another one I'm adding to my 'dropped' list sadly.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 7, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
Well now , that was a piece of shit......not even gonna bother adding it in my list. Star driver was shit and looks like this is in the same league as it, the crap league.
Apr 7, 2014 1:56 PM
Oct 2010
GuiltyKing said:
RedHazard said:
The animation was good.

Pretty much this. It looked good but wasn't entertaining whatsoever. Another one I'm adding to my 'dropped' list sadly.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but what exactly were you expecting from the first episode? Three or so in and I can understand (that's normally my limit for short shows) but the first one lol?
Apr 7, 2014 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
skudoops said:
GuiltyKing said:
RedHazard said:
The animation was good.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but what exactly were you expecting from the first episode? Three or so in and I can understand (that's normally my limit for short shows) but the first one lol?
just let them drop it, if they are adamant about dropping shows at episode 1 then they deserve to miss out on all the shows they prematurely drop

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 7, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
skudoops said:
GuiltyKing said:
RedHazard said:
The animation was good.

just let them drop it, if they are adamant about dropping shows at episode 1 then they deserve to miss out on all the shows they prematurely drop

I'm not gonna drop the series. But this episode, although I didn't find it boring, it did seem quite disorganized and thus confusing. And the transformation sequence was drawn out far too long. I hope it gets better.
-----------------------------------------Dreams are what you make of them----------------------------------------

You can visit my reviewing blog at: http://dreamdialmedia.wordpress.com/ :)
Apr 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2011
DarkRyuusei said:
Well now , that was a piece of shit......not even gonna bother adding it in my list. Star driver was shit and looks like this is in the same league as it, the crap league.
997fabulous8395u
Apr 7, 2014 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome animation, but it was kind of boring, i don't know if i'll keep watching it...
Apr 7, 2014 4:47 PM
Oct 2012
this looks so good! the second half with that ridiculously awesome transformation scene was just great, i am so hyped for this right now
Apr 7, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
Talkingseal said:
Why is he suddenly capable of piloting a mecha in the first episode and why is he allowed to pilot one? So confusing...

Exactly my thoughts. Simple details that could have been executed in 2-3 episodes. I think it was too fast paced and they tried to cram things into one episode. I can't say it's promising but I'll continue watching for its production value. 2.7/5 for the first episode.
Apr 7, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
JhnJsph said:
Talkingseal said:
Why is he suddenly capable of piloting a mecha in the first episode and why is he allowed to pilot one? So confusing...

Exactly my thoughts. Simple details that could have been executed in 2-3 episodes. I think it was too fast paced and they tried to cram things into one episode. I can't say it's promising but I'll continue watching for its production value. 2.7/5 for the first episode.

When did he pilot the mecha? Can you please tell me? The launch thing and the GATTAI were totally automatic, he has yet to pilot the mecha, we also understand that by the preview which shows us that he has problems piloting it.
Apr 7, 2014 7:06 PM
Oct 2010
Akanezora said:
JhnJsph said:
Talkingseal said:

When did he pilot the mecha? Can you please tell me? The launch thing and the GATTAI were totally automatic, he has yet to pilot the mecha, we also understand that by the preview which shows us that he has problems piloting it.

Haha a lot of people seem to be skipping the preview. It's made quite clear he sucks at piloting the robot and someone walks him through it.
Apr 7, 2014 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
I had high hopes for it, but then it was just... mediocre.

Everything was a way too, excessively fast/rushed. 2~3 episodes could have done better to deliver a more acceptable presentation than it did show.

It was not bad by any means, yet i felt it was somewhat disappointing. I hope the forthcoming episodes will do this series justice, because a good story it seems to have and the animation was gorgeous. However, development is everything and the pace must be better managed.
Apr 7, 2014 10:50 PM

Apr 2012
It was ok but nothing special till now. I will continue watching to have a better impression ^^
Apr 8, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
Very promising. Seems like this is the Noragami of spring season - a consistent, solid story with decent characters and great visuals. It can probably top just an 8/10 hopefully.
Apr 8, 2014 12:44 AM
Oct 2012
I have no idea what the fuck just happened but it was neat and the visuals were cool, coming off the back of ouran and star driver I can only expect it to go up from here.

Also glasses girl is best girl, she's mine, no one else can have her
Apr 8, 2014 4:56 AM

Oct 2009
That was probably the best first episode of this season so far! Love the character designs, somewhat reminds me of AnoHana, great production values and really digging the mech designs :D

Seems promising :D
Nice ED song :)
Apr 8, 2014 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
Wow I'm so excited at the moment. 1st ep was great.
Apr 8, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2014
lol i don't want to be a dick.
But, did protagonist's father ride a rocket to destroy a meteorite thing?
why not nuke em up?
Apr 8, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2012
Now I know why crappy shows keep popping back up every season...I keep overestimating the major target audience of animes. Without a smorgasbord of exposition, it's apparently too boring for many of you. Patience is a virtue my friends...

Plus, the plot wasn't THAT hard to understand. This is summary while half watching it half looking down at my bowl of udon:
-orphaned boy MC
-mother died for unknown reasons, father died in an "accident" but actually willingly died to save the earth from something
-as a child the MC met another boy who is bio-engineered to pilot mechs a la ayanami rei
-the boy has strange powers, yet to be explored
-MC leads an introverted life, due to troubled past
-MC sees a phenomenon (rainbow ring) that reminded him about the boy with the powers. I'm guessing they will go into detail later on how it came to be that he forgot about the other boy, perhaps the incident with his father was a more pressing matter at the time.
-The MC goes back to the old building to investigate his past in order to find the connection to the present. He seems to have no motivation for other things, so this makes sense. The past is all he really has.
-Strange flute girl leads him toward the mech, where a scientist is there to greet him. The MC has the "key" to the mech so the scientist does not question him being there. My guess is as good as yours on this part, but I'm thinking maybe the scientist has never seen the actual pilot before.
-The MC is somehow "chosen" to pilot mechs, for reasons unknown for now. Otherwise, why would the girl have let him in in the first place? They are performing strange experiments in that building, so anything can happen, they're not going to explain everything in one episode!
-The rest of the episode is the mech AUTOMATICALLY forming after the key is put into "ignition" (This means that the boy has yet to actually do anything, so the "how does he know how to pilot the mech" argument is moot).
-The boy with the powers was supposed to pilot this mech, apparently.

idontwannapostApr 8, 2014 12:57 PM
Apr 8, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty good episode.. I'm glad this will have 25 episodes looking forward to this series
Apr 8, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2008
Not bad for a first episode, but still a little weak. It didn't get me hyped. It feels something like eureka seven meets robotics;notes. We've seen all those tropes before. I hope they manage to deliver something new on the long run.
Apr 8, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty interesting, I'll watch this :o

Apr 8, 2014 8:48 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Quite basic pilot episode and so far it gives far too many Eureka Seven vibes. Good that the protagonist isn't annoying like Renton, although they seem to share similar backgrounds.

Now let's hope it won't follow the pace of Eureka Seven...
Apr 8, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2012
Ah yes...protagonist thrusted into galactic battle, things escalated quickly...Pretty typical start for a mecha show.

Usually there is better world building in the beginning though. As in, what is the threat, who is fighting who, what is this world like...or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Nonetheless, there's shiny animation and flashy action with some classic mecha transformations. Pretty good :)

The chara and mecha designs are very nice. I hope Moco and Amara are a couple.

I really liked the insert song :3
Apr 8, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Mugen_Time said:
Ah yes...protagonist thrusted into galactic battle, things escalated quickly...Pretty typical start for a mecha show.

Usually there is better world building in the beginning though. As in, what is the threat, who is fighting who, what is this world like...or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Nonetheless, there's shiny animation and flashy action with some classic mecha transformations. Pretty good :)

The chara and mecha designs are very nice. I hope Moco and Amara are a couple.

I really liked the insert song :3

Not just you.. the plot was all over the place. Odd pacing.
Apr 9, 2014 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, sick 1st episode

Great art, animation, visual, music. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Eureka AO
Apr 9, 2014 1:54 AM

Nov 2013
ending felt kinda awkward, but overall good first episode. The animation is absolutely gorgeous!
Apr 9, 2014 2:09 AM

Jul 2010
tavenitas said:
lol i don't want to be a dick.
But, did protagonist's father ride a rocket to destroy a meteorite thing?
why not nuke em up?

Because they were out of nukes.
Apr 9, 2014 3:44 AM

Oct 2013
Good first episode.

Nice OST during the flashbacks. The soundtracks in this anime is really god.

Respect for Taiyou! so BA astronaught. A wonderful Captain indeed.

Nice transition of events between Taichi's past and the present time. His past looks interesting.

That Mecha robot was such a beauty LOL.

Let's see how this goes. Looks interesting and 25 episodes in total. ^^ It's Bones to boot too. :D
Apr 9, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2012
09:22 KIRITSUGUっっっ

15:21 hey neechan

21:30 dat gattai

7.5 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 9, 2014 4:35 AM

Dec 2012
The animation is awesome , and it's the only good thing about it...
Apr 9, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
The gattai sequence was just super lame, and I don't like the mecha design.

But I'll watch for the pink hair girl... I just hope she doesn't die soon.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 9, 2014 10:01 AM
Oct 2013
Cannot say I like it or hate it, because I'm still in the state of confusion after watching it, with the random terms and new words just threw at us out of nowhere. but the ost and the mecha's animation really good if not excellent especially the ost.. It certainly drew me in until the end of episode.. Certainly will watch the next ep..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Apr 9, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
Star Driver vibes everywhere.As in SD, i love mecha design here.Animation was pretty nice too.
For now i'll stick with it, because it was actually a good start.My only complain is:
burnout6010 said:
Why and how is he piloting that mecha like he's done it every day of his life ?
Apr 9, 2014 8:06 PM

Feb 2011
I'm really loving the art and mecha designs so far they are really beautiful, same goes to the awesome OST :) That gattai scene is lovely!

Like everyone said, I'm also getting Star Driver vibe too. so that's not a bad thing at all!
Apr 10, 2014 1:39 AM

Sep 2013
Talkingseal said:

He doesn't lol Wait for the next episode ;D
Apr 10, 2014 1:50 AM

Sep 2013
DawnJ said:
The gattai sequence was just super lame, and I don't like the mecha design.

But I'll watch for the pink hair girl... I just hope she doesn't die soon.

You're super lame.
Apr 10, 2014 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was visually impressive. Not much else to say about this episode, I can feel the potential though.
Apr 10, 2014 6:06 AM
Jan 2014
Even if the story turn out to be crap in the future I would still be watching this just for the sake of those designs. Though the story looks interesting enough.

Strongest start of the season imo.
Apr 10, 2014 2:45 PM
Mar 2014
What was that gun that Daichi had and why him...... they could have explained a little better
Apr 10, 2014 7:15 PM

Sep 2011
RodrigoL said:
What was that gun that Daichi had and why him...... they could have explained a little better
jesus its the first episode, its introduction time things dont get explained till later. Info dump first episodes are just poor writing and placement

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 10, 2014 11:19 PM

Mar 2010
j0x said:
batossai said:
j0x said:
batossai said:
i have to say that was a mediocre first episode, i get that its written by the same guy that wrote star driver, but the lack of detail or proper introduction doesnt work in this show. Star driver was over the top and didnt seem to take it self too seriously, at the very least i never really took it seriously. however this show attempts to establish a more serious tone; meaning that story telling should be an important aspect of this show. However this first episode fails give us a reason to care about world its trying to build, nor does it address the main character's motivation, so all we are left with is just some pretty animation and barely any action sequences. This was definitely not a memorable first episode, I really hope that they stay away from the story telling style that was used in star driver because it was terrible.

i hope more people like you drop this show already, the story telling will be clearly like star driver was that has full of mysteries that some people find as plot holes, i like anime that is not conventional like this one so im bias about this, im tired of the same spoon feeding story telling that i see on my local TV channel that is why im watching anime because its different

its ok to have mystery in the plot am not against that, but you have to give the viewer motivation to watch your show. For good story telling you have to give enough information to hook your viewer into the show. That is very different from spoon feeding the viewers information. I am up for a show that leaves it to me to connect the dots but it has to grab my interest first, and in that sense this episode is mediocre. There is no denying that in terms of storytelling that this episode is lacking.

thats very subjective, and i say its more about your taste on story telling rather than a general rule for ALL the viewers and i say they have given enough information for the 24 minute episode that they have, again this is not your traditional way of story telling

Actually the statement you highlighted is probably the most objective thing i said in that paragraph. Can you really claim that it is possible to get the viewer interested in the story without giving at least some info about the story? No you cant, because that would be a contradiction. one cant tell a story with out giving information it goes hand in hand. That doesnt mean the viewer has to be spoon fed the information, some information can be left to the viewer to deduces some or fill in the blanks, but in order to do even that the viewer must be given some information to work with. I see nothing subjective about the statement you highlighted.
Apr 10, 2014 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
batossai said:
j0x said:
batossai said:
j0x said:
batossai said:
i have to say that was a mediocre first episode, i get that its written by the same guy that wrote star driver, but the lack of detail or proper introduction doesnt work in this show. Star driver was over the top and didnt seem to take it self too seriously, at the very least i never really took it seriously. however this show attempts to establish a more serious tone; meaning that story telling should be an important aspect of this show. However this first episode fails give us a reason to care about world its trying to build, nor does it address the main character's motivation, so all we are left with is just some pretty animation and barely any action sequences. This was definitely not a memorable first episode, I really hope that they stay away from the story telling style that was used in star driver because it was terrible.

i hope more people like you drop this show already, the story telling will be clearly like star driver was that has full of mysteries that some people find as plot holes, i like anime that is not conventional like this one so im bias about this, im tired of the same spoon feeding story telling that i see on my local TV channel that is why im watching anime because its different

its ok to have mystery in the plot am not against that, but you have to give the viewer motivation to watch your show. For good story telling you have to give enough information to hook your viewer into the show. That is very different from spoon feeding the viewers information. I am up for a show that leaves it to me to connect the dots but it has to grab my interest first, and in that sense this episode is mediocre. There is no denying that in terms of storytelling that this episode is lacking.

thats very subjective, and i say its more about your taste on story telling rather than a general rule for ALL the viewers and i say they have given enough information for the 24 minute episode that they have, again this is not your traditional way of story telling

Actually the statement you highlighted is probably the most objective thing i said in that paragraph. Can you really claim that it is possible to get the viewer interested in the story without giving at least some info about the story? No you cant, because that would be a contradiction. one cant tell a story with out giving information it goes hand in hand. That doesnt mean the viewer has to be spoon fed the information, some information can be left to the viewer to deduces some or fill in the blanks, but in order to do even that the viewer must be given some information to work with. I see nothing subjective about the statement you highlighted.

the story barely start dude, there are plenty of episodes left for that, what they gave on the first episode are lots of mystery that will be solved/revealed later on so you are just jumping to the conclusion that they are not providing any info
Apr 11, 2014 5:28 AM

Dec 2010
Great first episode, solid production values, can't wait to see the proper OP next week
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Apr 11, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
iLostReason said:
Star Driver vibes everywhere.As in SD, i love mecha design here.Animation was pretty nice too.
For now i'll stick with it, because it was actually a good start.My only complain is:
burnout6010 said:
Why and how is he piloting that mecha like he's done it every day of his life ?

rewatch the preview of the next episode
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Apr 11, 2014 11:37 AM
May 2013
Pretty good first episode. Not sure everything made sense, but considering it's only the first episode hopefully they can explain more later.

Although did anyone think "WTF LOL?" when someone mentioned Libido in there somewhere? =O

Btw how does MAL know this is going to be 25 episodes? If it is, then I guess there's plenty of time to try to explain things.
Apr 11, 2014 11:55 AM
Apr 11, 2014 2:26 PM

Sep 2013

That opening... ahhh that was good
Apr 11, 2014 2:34 PM

Sep 2011
best op of the season, followed closely by jojo

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Mar 2010
j0x said:
batossai said:
j0x said:
batossai said:
j0x said:
batossai said:

the story barely start dude, there are plenty of episodes left for that, what they gave on the first episode are lots of mystery that will be solved/revealed later on so you are just jumping to the conclusion that they are not providing any info

i realize that this is barely the start thats why am not making a decision on the series as a whole,I am just looking at the first episode alone. I am not trying to bash the show i was just highlighting a concern i had going forward.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.