Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2014 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
Erza was awesome as always. :3
Apr 4, 2014 9:13 PM

May 2013
Same Fairy Tail I know, with all its spoilerific openings too.
It's back on the same day too. Fairy Tail Fridays, yay!
Overall, looks refined and they managed to fill this episode up with so much plot, that I actually feel satisfied after the long break.
Apr 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
Well that was worth waiting for... I had to go back and watch episode 175 just to get back up to speed as to where we were, since we have a little timeskipping back and forth in this episode. I could recall that things were going to go down, but that first scene took us right into the middle of it. I'm sure we'll get some semi-flashbacks to show us how Natsu and Lucy ended up in the middle of the apocalypse.

The NaLu ship also seems to finally be on its way, although you could tell that it was building over the last few episodes of season one. In light of all the broad hints that there will be some deaths, I wonder if all the other ships will be safe. And just who is that mystery woman?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 4, 2014 9:17 PM

Aug 2012
Freakin awesome episode, animation is better too, so much nalu everywhere.
Apr 4, 2014 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
JoJo, Mushishi and Fairy Tail fridays, I could definitely get used to this permanently.

Really liked the OP and the animation was bumped up a bunch too which is great to see.
Apr 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2010
I hate the Sabertooth guild leader T.T

The origins of dragon slayers and the dragon war and the dragon king!!!!
That prophecy... seeing Natsu fighting an army of dragons, I can't wait!
Really glad to see the Fairy Tail again!
Apr 4, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2012
Great start.. that Erza lol, she really love cake,.Great animation too.
I played the PV a lot and the OP still make me dance..
That NaLu ED is like torturing me..

Apr 4, 2014 9:33 PM
Mar 2014
AMAZING ... Ive been waiting for so long and it was worth it . FT is my fav anime I love the new animation and im also surprise about nalu ( witch ive been waiting for a long time to)
that aside is there anybody that feel that they will change the story line
like I think they will
Apr 4, 2014 9:37 PM

Nov 2013
I'm glad to see Lector gone.
[

Apr 4, 2014 9:39 PM
Feb 2012
nice episode . hope the new anime does justice

idk how there gonna do it though ? after this arc and they bascially caught up ? so were gonna have filler arcs like before right?
Apr 4, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2011
Meh the ep felt a bit rushed it was ok but i was hoping they just continued the anime like nothing happened xD
Apr 4, 2014 9:41 PM
Sep 2012
Well at least NatLu stuff is on the show, they are hints in the series, so not out of context and Hiro is a supporter of them based on this writing. This is not like the IchiRuki stuff on those Bleach ED that seemed forced, went against Kubo wishes, and had nothing to do with the series, and just made no sense.
Apr 4, 2014 9:42 PM

Dec 2008
OP was meh. ED was meh. Got me sad since S1's first OP&ED were great. Specially Snow Fairy. The episode was average, but it's also because I wasn't too fond of the chapter it animated. Oh well. Once the GmG continue, I'll probably be hyped again.

Still though, glad it's back <3
Apr 4, 2014 9:43 PM
Dec 2013
Yay, so happy FT is back. This episode was awesome!

*sigh* The memories are coming back.
Apr 4, 2014 9:49 PM

Mar 2014
OMG ITs Finally here.
I really like the OP.I am Hoping That There is more romance between NaTsu and Lucy In This Season.
Apr 4, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2013
That one long year wait was all worth it in this one episode I can't be the only one who thinks that this was one of the greatest comebacks of an anime series. I mean for crying out loud. The op was awesome, the ending was great, and the episode was perfect. There were no flaws whatsoever. Well at least for me. Bravo Fairy Tail. You just made me love u 100 times more.

And I'm not joking about the opening. That was the best fairy tail op I've seen so far.

Oh and for the haters, U may not like the anime, but u have to admit that this episode was actually really good.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 4, 2014 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
Finally! First episode of Fairy Tail Fridays!
Much spoilers for that OP but I approve because of much NaLu. <3
Same goes for the ED! <3

Good ol' comic relief's back!
Jellal's supposedly found something about the mysterious person.
Sting finally decides to kick butt!
Also looks like we're starting to un-shed some truths about the dragon's and dragon slayer's history here. Pretty solid start! Looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 4, 2014 9:57 PM

Sep 2011
OMG FAIRY TAIL IS BACK!
OMG AMAZING OP!!
OMG ERZA!!!
OMG I LOVE FAIRY TAIL!!!!
Apr 4, 2014 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
Oh yes.

That first episode was orgasmic.

Looking much better than season 1.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Apr 4, 2014 10:03 PM

Jan 2014
Finally something good to watch.
SD9410Apr 4, 2014 10:14 PM
Apr 4, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
Oh jeez Nalu all over the place! Not very comforting with a Nali person like me xDD YESHHH WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DRAGONS NOW WOOHOO and POOR LECTOR! I kind of have a vague understanding of whats going so I guess I don't need to read the manga at this point. Lucy also looks very different.
Apr 4, 2014 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
sweet5 said:
That one long year wait was all worth it in this one episode I can't be the only one who thinks that this was one of the greatest comebacks of an anime series. I mean for crying out loud. The op was awesome, the ending was great, and the episode was perfect. There were no flaws whatsoever. Well at least for me. Bravo Fairy Tail. You just made me love u 100 times more.

And I'm not joking about the opening. That was the best fairy tail op I've seen so far.

Oh and for the haters, U may not like the anime, but u have to admit that this episode was actually really good.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
F.O.G.I.D a self made abbreviation no one will figure out. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Apr 4, 2014 10:06 PM

Jan 2011
Hey FT is actually watchable now
Apr 4, 2014 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Good Episode and it's finally back :D.
I like the opening although the ending I was surprise with because in the original anime The endings for it were chibi of Fairy Tail while here they showed normal Lucy and Natsu without chibi form which made it different than the old anime.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Apr 4, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
oh yeah the guys are back!!!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 4, 2014 10:11 PM

May 2007
Too bad we're still going to have scenes like this despite the better animation.

http://imgur.com/WcnpMNP

Poor Laxus and Juvia...
Apr 4, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2013
yesssssssssssss
Apr 4, 2014 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Yay Fairy Tail has returned. Loved the new OP and ED song.
The animations look great.
Zirconis is quite a funny dragon.
Cannot wait to see more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 4, 2014 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
Oh God, I've just re-watched K-On. Now I can't stop imagining Ritsu whenever Wendy was speaking.
Apr 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Feb 2012
Really liked the OP/ED. Solid first episode.
Apr 4, 2014 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
I can finally get fired up again! 10 months of waiting, and it was well worth it.

For starters, let me say that the artwork may be different, but I really like it a lot.

I'm also happy to see that they didn't decide to skip anything in-between the first Fairy Tail series and the new one. When they did the whole "read the manga to see what we didn't add in the anime" thing in the World God Only Knows Megami-hen season, it disappointed me. I'm glad to see they started right where they left off.

Openings and endings… I gotta say the opening was a little weak in terms of getting me pumped up, I'm used to openings like Snow Fairy and Ft., but I enjoyed the little NaLu moments scattered throughout the opening. As for the ending, I loved it automatically. More NaLu moments, the song fits the whole peaceful closing to a action packed anime, and it was wonderful.

And then there are feels… that moment with Lector and Sting made me really depressed for a few minutes… and I found a sense of enjoyableness when Sting snapped afterwords. That made me smile… a lot.

Overall, gotta give the first episode a 5/5. I may be a huge fan of Fairy Tail, and it may seem like I'm overrating it right from the beginning, but this was honestly a great way to start the series up again. Lets pray for more episodes this good. :)

Mar 2012
Woot! FT is back! :D Loved seeing Sting blow a hole into Saber's master.

And the new opening is pretty catchy; I like it a ton. Haha, and the openings continue to reveal spoilers like the past ones. xD

Dec 2010
Dat Nalu thou.

Looking forward to future episodes. The opening and ending is nice to listen to.
Apr 4, 2014 10:23 PM

May 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
Oh God, I've just re-watched K-On. Now I can't stop imagining Ritsu whenever Wendy was speaking.
I just watch random ep of SYD and keep thinking when Wendy gonna do some dirty joke :D..

Apr 4, 2014 10:24 PM

May 2013
Love the opening, the art is a huge improvement over the last anime, way closer to the manga, the animation is good, but it still has a couple of still images here and there though. Acnologia's backstory and the origin of dragon slayer magic was interesting, I hope we can see more of the former in the future 5/5

"But none of the other guilds here are pushovers" lol
I hope A-1 can improve on some of the anticlimactic fights that are coming.
Apr 4, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
The art looks much better now
Apr 4, 2014 10:27 PM
Dec 2013
Love the OP and NaLu ED !
Love having the FT cast back!!! :D
I like everyone's design and Aya Hirano <3
Wendy sounds so different , her voice is higher , I liked the old one better
Natsu still the best and the comedy is still there! :)
Sting was a badass when he killed that faggy master!
Apr 4, 2014 10:30 PM
May 2008
Ya'll think I may be in the damn minority but I just don't agree the way it's drawn this time around. Don't get me wrong, I love FT to the bottom of my heart but I watched 175 before watching 176 or episode one of FT 2014 and I gotta say, it's just not for me. The story is spot on though, I'll give them that, but everything else.. mmmm.. just doesn't feel right. Guess I'll stick that FT anime ended @ 175 and continue with manga from there. Continued support for FT, may you live on!
Apr 4, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2013
FT is back :D
I prefer the old erza, but nice animation though
"If you don't know where you want to go, then it doesn't matter which path you take."
Apr 4, 2014 10:41 PM

Sep 2013
Full of awesomeness!
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Apr 4, 2014 10:41 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Too much NatsuxLucy in the op and ed.
needs more Lisanna.
The OP has tons of spoilers... but it isn't bad so far ^^
Love the change in art style.
Apr 4, 2014 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Lucy....so big
Apr 4, 2014 10:49 PM

Sep 2010
Episode was very enjoyable
op and ed was great
and fairy tail has blood now thats cool
Apr 4, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
BakaAniki said:
I am the only one who thinks the art seems to be done very ... lazy-ish?

i feel that it has lost some of the charm of the original character design (the first series was more inline with the look of the manga i think).
Apr 4, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2013
Dat animation! Love the opening and overall solid episode. 4/5
Apr 4, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
Overall, the return of Fairy Tail couldn't have went any better. Great start to the new series, tho the new animation is going to take some getting used to. It seemed a bit off, a little odd, at first. Not saying it's bad, it's far from bad, it's just different and it'll take a little time to adjust completely.

Loved both the OP and ED, they're not holding back on the Natsu x Lucy, that's for sure.

Can't wait to see more!
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 4, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2012
Great opening! Honestly lost track of time and before I knew it, its on again! A lot of NaLu all over the place in the OP and ED. Both OP and ED songs are good, I've always loved Fairy Tail for their choice of music. Pacing seems good, Lector being evaporated and Sting killing his master was done well.

I've been caught up with the manga, and compared to what I've read, the foreshadowing isn't too spoilerific for those complaining.

Character designs are weird, I honestly really liked their original character designs, but I'm pretty sure 50 episodes from now, i'll be used to it already.

Looking forward to more! Welcome back Fairy Tail!
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 4, 2014 11:17 PM

May 2013
Yea Fairy Tail is back. Sabertooth's guild master is an ass. Good for Sting to basically knock him out with that punch.
Apr 4, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2013
It would be better if an another studio would picked up FT not A1, but whatever will see.
Apr 4, 2014 11:21 PM

Oct 2012
nooooo not natsu and lucy
lame.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.