Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I take that back. It's finally out! Who-rah!!
FateEntitySep 8, 2009 5:17 PM
Sep 8, 2009 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
i liked the episode but i cant wait until the other captain fights.
Sep 8, 2009 6:46 PM

Sep 2007
Meh, I would've liked an explanation to why Renji was able to call out his zanpakuto.
Sep 8, 2009 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:
Meh, I would've liked an explanation to why Renji was able to call out his zanpakuto.

Yeah that's true. Same with the fact that Ichigos blade should really have become non-Shikai (I believe anyway). Maybe we'll find out a bit later (I doubt it though).

But still, I quite liked this episode. It felt a bit like the old episodes from the Soul Society arc when we first met ossan Zangetsu.
Sep 8, 2009 7:02 PM

Aug 2008
5hRreDDy said:
Wasabi said:

Yeah that's true. Same with the fact that Ichigos blade should really have become non-Shikai (I believe anyway). Maybe we'll find out a bit later (I doubt it though).

But still, I quite liked this episode. It felt a bit like the old episodes from the Soul Society arc when we first met ossan Zangetsu.

My only guess is that he is just so strong or has so much reiatsu *spelling* he doesn't need Zangetsu's power to get into shikai form. Because ever since early in the very begging of Bleach he has ALWAYS kept in that form 24/7, something no one else can/will do.

Think I spelled all of that wrong...

I get the same feeling! It's awesome :). Good arc, good episode.
Sep 8, 2009 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode, but since we got resolutions to all the fights, it would have been nice to have gotten more explanation beyond the obvious.
Sep 8, 2009 7:19 PM

May 2009
Wasabi said:

I think it is somehow related with what Ichigo said, that a part of the zanpakutou is within the shinigami and they can never be torn apart..So when Renji's strong resolve occured, so did part of its zanpakutou's power...As Zangetsu said, the zanpakutous were mind controlled to fight the shinigami, but the bonds between them can never be broken as you could see...It's smth like hey you stole my super powers but the true hero is me the usual human...Kind of gay if you ask me, but worth watching...Anyway I hope that now they're not just gonna show us every fight shinigami - zanpakutou...Well we still have 2 big mysteries to solve: Muramasa and Zaraki( I wonder where he is).

Major anime source and community: http://www.anivoid.com Join now =P
YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS =P
Sep 8, 2009 7:23 PM

Jan 2009
I like how Ichigo, Zangetsu, and Hollow Ichigo are all getting along quite well, lol. I also like how you learn a lot more about the story behind this filler, it's still very amusing, but yeah, I wouldn't mind getting back to the Vizards kicking ass or the Espadas and Captains fighting.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Sep 8, 2009 7:28 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode. The only thing that bothers me is that they completely ignored Renji calling out his zanpakuto to shikai.
Sep 8, 2009 7:51 PM

May 2009
Very entertaining, Renji even shocked his own sword with that move.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Sep 8, 2009 7:55 PM
May 2009
I believe Renji's abilities were based on the "Rule of Cool." In other words, the writers probably thought that simply presenting it in a cool way would be enough for us to suspend our disbelief. But then, Bleach is filled with the rule of cool, so it's no surprise to find it again here.

I don't remember where I read about the rule of cool, but I assure you that I did not just make it up.
Sep 8, 2009 7:56 PM
Jun 2008
heh and the move that hadnn't been seen in ages comes back to save Renji's ass.

good ep still
Sep 8, 2009 7:57 PM

May 2009
Filicireg said:
I believe Renji's abilities were based on the "Rule of Cool." In other words, the writers probably thought that simply presenting it in a cool way would be enough for us to suspend our disbelief. But then, Bleach is filled with the rule of cool, so it's no surprise to find it again here.

I don't remember where I read about the rule of cool, but I assure you that I did not just make it up.

The limit of the Willing Suspension Of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to its degree of coolness. Stated another way, all but the most pedantic of viewers will forgive liberties with reality so long as the result is wicked sweet and/or awesome. This applies to the audience in general, as there will naturally be a different threshold for each individual in the group.

Major anime source and community: http://www.anivoid.com Join now =P
YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS =P
Sep 8, 2009 8:00 PM

Jul 2009
When will this filler arc end?
It's not that I don't like it... but I want it to continue to it's original pacing :P

I want to see the fight of Ichigo and Ulquiorra!!!
Well, I guess it's the manga's fault for being slow :P
This is a signature.
Sep 8, 2009 8:00 PM

Feb 2008
this filler wnt from good to really good last ep. this ep was more action less explanation. but i still like the pacing. And its obvious why zaraki is not around since he cant even go into shikai he would take the focus off of the other captains
Sep 8, 2009 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
rreggiebryant1 said:
this filler wnt from good to really good last ep. this ep was more action less explanation. but i still like the pacing. And its obvious why zaraki is not around since he cant even go into shikai he would take the focus off of the other captains

Even though Kenpachi has no reason to appear in this arc due to him not being able to call on his zanpakutou, I still want him to kick some zanpakutou ass :D
This is a signature.
Sep 8, 2009 8:13 PM

Jun 2009
5hRreDDy said:
Wasabi said:

he still has that sword in his soul so im thinking it has something to do with the hollow ichigo
"ThErE ArE TwO SOrTs Of PeOpLe
ThOsE wHo DiE, aNd ThOsE wHo SuRvIvE" Ikaku Madarame
Sep 8, 2009 9:02 PM
Mar 2009
Good episode, I liked how they resolved the fights with Ichigo and Renji respectively. Like others have said, I wish we had an explanation on how they were able to call out their zanpaktos. I figured with Ichigo, it may have something to do with his inner hollow, but I don't know about Renji.

I'm also curious about what's going on in Muramasa's mind. I think he has a more bigger motive than for what he's doing right now.
Sep 8, 2009 9:17 PM

May 2009
I think this is the first time I've ever found a filler of any show to be awesome.

Thank you, Kira, for saving Hisagi's ass.

LOL at Renji being called an asshat by his zanpakutou. But damn that boy, I gotta hand it to him for being the first to defeat - or rather, wake up - his zanpakutou. I laughed out loud when he was running shooting red fire at Zabimaru and one blew up in his face. X D

Loved the fight between Ichigo/Hichigo and Zangetsu. Ichigo/Hichigo's Zetsuga Tenshou was Awesome with a capital A.

So Muramasa's power IS mind control and manipulation!! I'll once again bring up this theory - could he be Aizen's zanpakutou? Maybe Aizen sent him there to wreak havoc on Soul Society?
AikaHimeSep 8, 2009 9:20 PM
Sep 8, 2009 9:41 PM
Jul 2008
Good ep, great action sequences. Mhh, but I can't wait til see the "Royal Guard" that had Aizen drooling for a brief moment in the "Turn back the Pendulum Arc." A squad comprised/made up of all ranked/promoted captains, ahhh...that's what awesome sounds like.
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Sep 8, 2009 10:12 PM
Feb 2009
the ep was nicely executed :() hollows ichigo was preatty badass as alwayz
Sep 8, 2009 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Ichigo actually looked cool for once in some of those scenes, including the last getsuga he did with his hollow.
Sep 8, 2009 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
Ichigo's last getsuga looked a lot like Kenpachi's sword attack with the skull in it. But good ep.
Sep 8, 2009 11:46 PM
Jul 2009
In my opinion, it was going great right past the point when they used bankai...Then kinda just tapered off there without an explanation. Liked the episode but was a little disappointing...Seemingly the theme has become "overcoming reluctance to face/fight yourself"...How bland.

Edit: Let me elaborate more so you guys don't get the wrong idea...

They did explain Muramasa's power but I didn't buy the whole BS about Zangetsu not letting Ichigo "lend" him his power (bankai) especially since Renji and Ichigo can use shikai no problem. IMO that is using "their" power.

Also liked the commentary after the show when Hichigo and Zangetsu asked for stuff in his soul.
abandoned2014Sep 8, 2009 11:52 PM
Sep 9, 2009 12:01 AM

May 2009
Very good episode , i suppose next up is all the captains rallying to Ichigo`s news and it`s Zanpakuto hunting time. Excellent battles in perspective .
Sep 9, 2009 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
Gah, I bet Ichigo's gonna be this arc savior again. T_T
Sep 9, 2009 1:23 AM

Feb 2008
ailailou said:

What is so surprising there? It is same in every arc.
Sep 9, 2009 1:57 AM

Apr 2008
oh? so that means actually the Zampakutou didnt really wanted to attack them

Sep 9, 2009 2:18 AM

May 2008
I have not being so excited with bleach since Soul Society arc
SabakuNoGaara said:

ailailou said:

QFT
Sep 9, 2009 3:39 AM

Jul 2008
I realy liked this episode, especialy after the ending when hollow ichigo and zangetsu were talking to ichigo about the garden they wanted:D
cute...but deadly
Sep 9, 2009 5:18 AM

Jun 2009
Finally some real fighting, without a doubt the best episode yet... Loved Shinigami Golden :)...

Sayuri-Hime said:
So Muramasa's power IS mind control and manipulation!! I'll once again bring up this theory - could he be Aizen's zanpakutou? Maybe Aizen sent him there to wreak havoc on Soul Society?

Although not stated in this arc, i believe this arc occures after the fight with Aizen. And I'm positively sure that Aizen is more than dead, so he couldn't have sent muramasa. And also i believe this arc has no connection with the real story that is why it is called a filler...
Sep 9, 2009 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
Soulstrider said:
I have not being so excited with bleach since Soul Society arc
SabakuNoGaara said:

ailailou said:

QFT

TOTALLY agreed! :D
Sep 9, 2009 7:35 AM
Apr 2009
Great Episode!

Hopefully they do get to show Kenpachi and his zan.
I would glad if it turned out to be a child or old man and as its about to say its name, Kenpachi tells it to shut the fuck up and fight.
Sep 9, 2009 7:41 AM

Apr 2009
Chimp said:
Great Episode!

Hopefully they do get to show Kenpachi and his zan.
I would glad if it turned out to be a child or old man and as its about to say its name, Kenpachi tells it to shut the fuck up and fight.

lol yeah!

mmm hollow ichigo is awesome as always.

muramasa looked "bloody" upset at the end hehehehehehehheehheehhehehehe :D
Sep 9, 2009 7:55 AM
Jun 2009
Kira at the ED theme. <33

Loved it when Kira turned up to help Hisagi. xD
Sep 9, 2009 8:03 AM

May 2009
this arc is awsome!
Sep 9, 2009 8:50 AM

May 2009
That was fucking awesome. The animation was so sweet. I came buckets.
Sep 9, 2009 9:09 AM

Apr 2009
awesome episode :)

ichigo/shirosaki arack pwned everything
Sep 9, 2009 9:28 AM

Oct 2007
Sayuri-Hime said:
I laughed out loud when he was running shooting red fire at Zabimaru and one blew up in his face. X D

You know only Renji can pull that off :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 9, 2009 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
Sayuri-Hime said:

It would be pretty cool but Muramasa himself blatantly stated that he killed his master a few episodes back, so that's that.

Then again, this is nothing you know that we will eventually see Aizen's bankai during the real plot, that is bound to be epic.

- Shijeer
Sep 9, 2009 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
so lets see here: beating a zanpaktou is a good thing, muramasa is using mind control, and muramasa seems to be dying or at least losing substance in his current realm of existance
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 9, 2009 10:10 AM

May 2008
that was a good episode ^.^

Zangetsu v Ichigo/Hichigo was awsome definatly ranks next to Byakuya v Ichigo fight...

As for why ichigo and renji can hold their shikais, is it not prehaps because they are not afraid to fight against their zanpaktou and then discovering some random thread of connection between them through the determination that they were able to use shikai... or thats how I was thinking about it... it made sense to me that way... though im prob wrong lol
Sep 9, 2009 11:27 AM

May 2009
Danchou said:

Sayuri-Hime said:

Although not stated in this arc, i believe this arc occures after the fight with Aizen. And I'm positively sure that Aizen is more than dead, so he couldn't have sent muramasa. And also i believe this arc has no connection with the real story that is why it is called a filler...

These filler arcs don't take place at any necessary time. And there's no way to know if Aizen is dead, because he we haven't even gotten that far in the manga. You're right on the last count, it has no connection with the real story, but it also has no connection with the real time line.

Shijeer said:
It would be pretty cool but Muramasa himself blatantly stated that he killed his master a few episodes back, so that's that.

Then again, this is nothing you know that we will eventually see Aizen's bankai during the real plot, that is bound to be epic.

Ah, but if Muramasa is a manipulator, he could be blatantly lying about killing his master as well... just a thought.

YES! I can't wait to see Aizen's bankai!! I wonder how far in the future that may be - and how much longer this fight for Karakura Town is going to last. I guess that's something to be discussed on the manga forums, though. ; )
AikaHimeSep 10, 2009 12:10 AM
Sep 9, 2009 11:51 AM

Feb 2009
Renji's & Ichigo's fights were great. I didn't expect Renji to be the first to get his zanpakutou back.
Sep 9, 2009 11:52 AM

Jun 2009
Sayuri-Hime said:
Danchou said:

Sayuri-Hime said:

These filler arcs don't take place at any necessary time. And there's no way to know if Aizen is dead, because he we haven't even gotten that far in the manga. You're right on the last count, it has no connection with the real story, but it also has no connection with the real time line.

Except for one filler arc... I don't know the name, but it is that one with the weird
swords and the little princess and the new third squad captain... at the beginning of the arc it is clearly stated that it happens after the hueco mundo arc.
Sep 9, 2009 12:03 PM
Jun 2008
In all fairness, Rukia should count as the first to get her Zanpaktou back, only Muramase stopped her, as she was already breaking free of the mind control.
Sep 9, 2009 12:22 PM
Mar 2009
Wait, wait, wait. I always thought the black Getsuga was Hollow Ichigo's and the blue one was Zangetsu's because Ichigo always used the blue one until Hollow Ichigo took over his body during his fight with Byakuya, where he used the black one.

Even though I didn't exactly like the fights, it's better than dragging them on. Muramasa's face reminded me of Ulquiorra's face at the end. o_O
Sep 9, 2009 1:11 PM
Jul 2008
This has been one of the best episodes in Bleach's history. And so much Hollow Ichigo, awesome!
Sep 9, 2009 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
and so 2 guys get back thier swords..
but we now learn it's mind control eh?
Sep 9, 2009 5:08 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.