Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 20, 2018 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
i like both but i listen to k-pop more.
⠀‧⠀

Aug 20, 2018 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
J-pop.

Not that I hate K-pop or anything (I've heard a few songs that I thought were decent) it's just that K-pop goes for much more of a "hip" thing, as in to lure in a wider audience (and I'm usually not a part of the widest audiences).

J-pop is more experimental, fun, interesting and creative. I mean put on a Kyary Pamyu Pamyu song I'll be having the time of my life and then put on a K-pop song afterwards and I'll fall asleep.
Aug 21, 2018 5:44 PM

May 2013
Like both but I'll go with K-pop

Aug 23, 2018 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
I want to say J-POP because of some of the more iconic songs, but K-POP would be the clear winner in terms of pure popularity worldwide.
Aug 24, 2018 2:02 AM

Jan 2018
AzulasGirlfriend said:
Swagernator said:
K-pop is hella gay, and J-pop is cringey as heck so i hate both.

If something is gay, that means it's good. But unfortunately kpop isn't very gay. It's super heteronormative and homophobic. If an idol comes out as gay they will most likely get kicked out from the group.

Here is some of the well known K-Pop gay star:
Aug 24, 2018 4:37 AM

Aug 2017
I choose third answer BOTH
Aug 24, 2018 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
KPOP cuz it has hotter dudes.
Aug 25, 2018 7:11 PM

Mar 2012
Kpop has a special place in my heart so I'll go with it.

And I prefer Jrock over Jpop in general xD
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Aug 27, 2018 5:38 AM
Aug 2016
ezaya said:
I just want to hear your opinions. But for me it's Jpop. Cool lyrics, experimental instruments, wide variety and cute voices. They don't need those plastic surgery faces, dances or Music Video just to gain popularity.

That is discrimination. You asked KPOP or JPOP, no natural faces or faces that had plastic surgeries, What does a good song have to do with having or not having plastic surgeries? And btw, not all the K-pop singers had plastic surgeries.
Also, the fact that the MV have also dance in it is 10+ points, unlike an MV without any coreography.
K-pop lyrics are as cool as the J-pop ones.
Not to mention that the Korean voices sound a lot more natural than the Japanese voices, that also apply on the music industry.
I listened to both K-pop and J-pop and I like K-pop 10 times more than I like J-pop.
Btw, as you mentioned the thing with plastic surgeries in the Koreans case, the Japanese modify their teeth structure to make them look more cuter, so you missed this one minor detail.

@Sonal1988 since you're not a fan of either of Kpop or Jpop I want your opinion on it. This way, nobody will say that we choose a certain one because we like it more.

EDIT. This thread was made in 2014 when K-pop wasn't as popular as it is now. Now, if we think about it, K-pop surpass J-pop with much more and now the K-pop fandom is A LOT larger than the J-pop one.
Aug 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Dec 2016
Kuroko-chan said:

@Sonal1988 since you're not a fan of either of Kpop or Jpop I want your opinion on it. This way, nobody will say that we choose a certain one because we like it more.

The title of this thread is misleading - it should be smt like "Surgeries in the JPop v/s the KPop industry"
Even so, there's no denying that plastic surgery is considered normal in South Korea, even by ordinary citizens. As opposed to surgery in Japan, where it is considered normal for idols and celebrities only.
Aug 27, 2018 5:50 AM
Aug 2016
Sonal1988 said:
Kuroko-chan said:

The title of this thread is misleading - it should be smt like "Surgeries in the JPop v/s the KPop industry"
Even so, there's no denying that plastic surgery is considered normal in South Korea, even by ordinary citizens. As opposed to surgery in Japan, where it is considered normal for idols and celebrities only.

Yeah, that's true, plastic surgeries is something that is considered normal in South Korea. But people judge a subgenre of music just because of that fact which I found fucking annoying.
I'm sure that most of the people who replied to this thread didn't even listened to K-pop once in their life, so of course they'd choose J-pop.
Here should reply only people who listened to both of them at least once, and like both of them, or like none of them, like you do, that's why I asked your opinion, because I know you're not a fan of either of them and I knew you won't take any sides just because of that.
Aug 27, 2018 5:55 AM

Dec 2016
Kuroko-chan said:

Yeah, that's true, plastic surgeries is something that is considered normal in South Korea. But people judge a subgenre of music just because of that fact which I found fucking annoying.
I'm sure that most of the people who replied to this thread didn't even listened to K-pop once in their life, so of course they'd choose J-pop.
Here should reply only people who listened to both of them at least once, and like both of them, or like none of them, like you do, that's why I asked your opinion, because I know you're not a fan of either of them and I knew you won't take any sides just because of that.

People are always judgmental. I suggest tuning out their stupidity, and doing whatever makes you happy.
Aug 27, 2018 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
[quote=Kuroko-chan message=55554940]
ezaya said:

EDIT. This thread was made in 2014 when K-pop wasn't as popular as it is now. Now, if we think about it, K-pop surpass J-pop with much more and now the K-pop fandom is A LOT larger than the J-pop one.

Let me solve this problem. :D

Sep 6, 2018 8:39 PM

Dec 2008
J poop-k poop doesn't appeal to me at all.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jul 14, 2021 10:08 PM
Dec 2017
J-Pop because i find it entertaining and fun.

Jul 15, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2021
I choose j-pop because it makes sense to me than other bullshit like kpop,cpop even tpop blah blah but i prefer some rapper song(black)
Jul 16, 2021 4:17 AM

Oct 2009
K-POP for life broskii
Jul 17, 2021 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
jigglypuffmain said:
I like them both. I listen to more J-Pop but I'd like to start listening to more K-Pop.

Same as anime is more or less starting to use kpop as theme songs for OP/ED.
Jul 19, 2021 3:07 AM

Apr 2021
I used to like Kpop but after unleashing my true weeb energy, JPOP is the way to go. Although I actually prefer ballad songs more than pop songs...
May 30, 2022 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
I prefer Kpop over Jpop
May 30, 2022 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
In my country, K-Pop is like a culture for us, since I haven't listen to a single J-Pop song, K-Pop for me(not that I'm a diehard fan, I only like the music).

But nah, they're not my type, besides, J-Pop is probably only like a cuter, musical instrument type of K-Pop. J-Rock is the best!
May 31, 2022 3:33 AM

Oct 2019
i'd say both, there are good songs and groups in both (but i prefer jrock to jpop)

thanks to my Secret Santa for this set <3
my instagram art acc

Jun 1, 2022 11:41 AM

Apr 2021
Zurryyy said:
chabbycheese said:
I used to like Kpop but after unleashing my true weeb energy, JPOP is the way to go. Although I actually prefer ballad songs more than pop songs...

If you like ballad songs then Mandopop might be the better option than the K/Jpop. I recommend Eric Chou or JJ Lin

OT: I prefer k-pop. and it's not even close. J-pop idols aren't nearly as talented as k-pop idols

hey i went ahead and listened to few of eric chou's songs, pretty cool. might need to adjust to listening to a new language tho
Jun 1, 2022 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
I think I like k-pop more.
Jun 5, 2022 8:33 AM

Sep 2019
Jpop.

I like Kpop. But honestly, the songs are getting mediocre and sound god damn awful. I just prefer older Kpop songs. Jpop has more variety I guess.
Jun 5, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
K-pop. I just prefer it more.
Jun 29, 2022 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
J-Pop/J-Rock over K-Pop anytime. I have nothing against k-pop at all, in fact I do like a couple of songs that i've heard within the genre. However, I prefer j-pop/j-rock cuz its more interesting plus its really experimental and different compared to k-pop. I feel as though k-pop kinda rides off the influence from western music a bit too much tbf (not that its a bad thing like I like pop music don't give me wrong, in fact I like a lot of it, its just it can get boring at times I suppose, esp those with the same beat and structure) but thats my opinion anyways.
Jun 30, 2022 8:12 PM

Oct 2020
I personally love both, but I've been listening to K-POP more recently.
Both have extremely talented artists, and amazing songs, I enjoy both quite a lot.
Jun 30, 2022 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
I prefer J-Pop by a pretty wide margin.
Jul 1, 2022 5:04 PM

Apr 2011
Stxr_x said:
Both have extremely talented artists, and amazing songs, I enjoy both quite a lot.

Oh, my gosh! I also love both J-pop and K-pop. How many K-pop groups do you listen to?

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Jul 1, 2022 5:07 PM

Oct 2020
MoonBunny9297 said:
Stxr_x said:

Oh, my gosh! I also love both J-pop and K-pop. How many K-pop groups do you listen to?

I only stan two at the moment, BTS and Stray Kids, but I listen to multiple other groups like, Enhypen, TXT, Big Bang, Ateez, Black Pink, Kard, etc. You?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
32 minutes ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
2 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7552 by SilentAssassin88 »»
10 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.