Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2014 1:05 AM

Mar 2014
I was updating my apps on my Win 8.1 dual system (the other is 7 SP1) because let me have up to date things for sure... I was able to update my apps until suddenly one of the apps decided not to update or anything... I guess that's your Xbox Live app.

After that, some updates worked fine until the Windows Store can't even download and install a thing in the first place. I jumped to look for manga apps, but two failed to install, providing me with the 0x80073d05 error. I tried most solutions concerning that error but no advancement.

Is there anything I could do to fix that?
Apr 3, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2013
Is this for already installed apps? Or installing any App? The former solution is just to uninstall/reinstall the Apps that are failing from what I can tell.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Apr 3, 2014 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
Installing any app results in this error. Two updates couldn't update from what I tell as well.
Apr 3, 2014 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
Are you using a legitimate copy?
Apr 3, 2014 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Some google fu provided me with a few people who had your same problem.

1, 2. and 3. Resetting the store cache as well as running the troubleshooting wizard is what Microsoft has recommended to others.
Apr 3, 2014 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
Jrittmayer said:
Are you using a legitimate copy?

It's not going to have this issue even if Lord_Pooka wasn't. MS would just tell the OP the copy was unlicensed.
Very well.
Apr 3, 2014 11:25 AM

Mar 2014
Tried the troubleshooter, cache reset, and checking the services. None helped my cause.

And I doubt whether my copy is legit or not will matter. The difference between a legit and an illegal copy is that one of them is supported by MS and is bought, while the other is unsupported by MS and is free of charge. No hidden DRM to date.
Apr 3, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
^ I didn't think those would help. Try making a temporary alternative account and seeing if it has the same issues. This way you can narrow down whether it is a profile specific issue or not. If it is, then you'll probably need to recreate your profile on the machine.
Very well.
Apr 4, 2014 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
I've used my second account... typed in my Hotmail and let it go. Afterwards it gave me a different error then asked me for my Hotmail again, then I felt it was dragging for so long.

Do I need to reinstall the system then? Is there a vital backup solution like Titanium Backup for Android available on Windows 8.1?
Apr 4, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
^ try one of these instead:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

and I have no idea if there is a decent backup tool for Windows. If anything goes wrong on my installs, I just clobber everything and start from scratch. Anything important I have is in the cloud and/or pushed to another drive or NAS prior.
Very well.

More topics from this board

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 3 hours ago

1 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
4 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
7 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 11 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
9 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.