Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2009 9:15 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A fantastic anime, the characters are well defined and very interesting. Unfortunately, like Eden of the East, the series ends without ending. Fortunately the words "To Be Continued" flash on the screen after the closing credits.

Moonlight Mile is visually stunning, the traditional drawn cell animation blends seamlessly with the computer generated animation. The story is rich and complex even if it appears to be rushed in many places. The final episode almost seems to be out of place, it's like there were one or two episodes missing, that just how disjointed it is. However the story remains compelling and in episode 12 Moonlight Mile takes that giant leap from what is to what may be.

Personally I can't wait for its return.
Oct 2, 2010 4:50 PM

Apr 2010
I have to agree, the art was great and the story got very interesting. Even though the characters were a little absurd at times their bloody interesting, most of them have a great sense of mystery behind them. My only complaint is the excessive nudity on episode 6 but overall it gets a 8/10 from me.
Apr 19, 2012 7:11 PM

Apr 2009
Well the paparazzi knows the military's not gonna read them their rights when they get caught, use of force with extreme prejudice is authorized. Looks like it's the US Space Force on the moon on the first episode after all.

Although I've been mentioning the sex scenes almost all the time in my posts, I actually don't mind them. I want to see Riyoko again... LOL

8/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 9, 2012 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
I wanted to see more of the paparazzi. Guess they can't really follow people up to space though.

The 2d animation looked very pretty, save for a few occasional things that were a bit weird. The 3d however just stood out way too much for me. You could easily tell when they switched between the two. I can excuse the awkward look of it as using 2d with 3d animation as much as this did was probably new-ish at the time this was made. I think all the sex and nudity was unnecessary (the pants falling down for no reason comes to mind especially). I think the first half jumps around a bit much, too. The plot was very interesting once things got settled though, and I liked how realistically they did space travel. (Well, as realistic as moon walkers and space planes can get I guess).

6/10, but I can see the mark probably going up once I can compare it to similar series. Really interested in the second season. Oh, and I liked how they called each episode "mission". Very nice.
Apr 12, 2013 4:35 AM

Jul 2007
This episode was just awesome, so the military government is secretly working on an authorized project and apparently they are funding lostman for his use in piloting skills for being able to utlize the space plane that was in development. This just keeps getting more interesting and more mysterious, obviously their is some guy here working for the devil and my suspicious are definitively on that doc acting as the head of the research development for the space plane at area 51.

The race is on for lostman and goro, who is going to get to the moon first.

PKAmmoTroop said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A fantastic anime, the characters are well defined and very interesting. Unfortunately, like Eden of the East, the series ends without ending. Fortunately the words "To Be Continued" flash on the screen after the closing credits.

Moonlight Mile is visually stunning, the traditional drawn cell animation blends seamlessly with the computer generated animation. The story is rich and complex even if it appears to be rushed in many places. The final episode almost seems to be out of place, it's like there were one or two episodes missing, that just how disjointed it is. However the story remains compelling and in episode 12 Moonlight Mile takes that giant leap from what is to what may be.

Personally I can't wait for its return.

I couldn't of really said it better my self. This series was excellent, it has a few characters that didn't get to realize their dreams like that one kid, but iimagine in the 2nd season it will follow through with more developing of the characters that didn't take a central role in this season. I am not going to fault the show for that though. The animation was spectacular, CG blended with real anime, ive never seen it done so well.

The first half of the show showing the development stage of each character and how they want to accomplish their dreams of going out into space was excellent and the rivalry between goro and lostman definitively was the high point in the series. I really enjoyed the whole conspiracy and the paparazzi journalest trying to find out the scoop, to bad they had to die before they were able to leak out that information.

I am very interested in seeing where the remainder of this series goes and i have a feeling its going to be ever more heavier in plot development in 2nd season.

8/10 for me
ArtimesGamerApr 12, 2013 1:40 PM

Dec 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2012
So thats the reason Lostman chose the organization over the ISA. He didnt want to take the same route as Goro :) From partners to rivals. Damn this show was awesome. If it had a better ost and was maybe a bit longer i wouldve gave this a 10. On to season 2.
Jun 21, 2016 7:37 AM

Jul 2012
Nice ending! It's really interesting following these two protagonists because they're so different and approach their dream in a completely opposite way.

"I like you, Goro. Let's have sex again once you're back." LOLOL This part was so unnecessary and out of place. I'm surprised she gave into his "charms"?

Overall, this was a spectacular series that I finished in three days (watched episodes 4-12 in one sitting tbh). I personally didn't enjoy this as much as Space Brothers but this show was more serious and brought way more to the table in less than 12 episodes. Like, dang, so much stuff happened. It has the same intensity and impact as Space Brothers. Not so much the characters though. I felt like while they were fun to root on (Goro especially), I wasn't particularily connected with any.

One thing I didn't really like was the portrayal of romance and women in this series. Like Lostman and Goro fucked so many girls and treat them like... a stress reliever? I'm hoping that they get actual serious relationships in the next season.

8/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moonlight Mile Episode 5 Discussion

tofei - Apr 19, 2012

4 by Tsukaji »»
Jul 13, 2022 2:06 AM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile Episode 2 Discussion

PKAmmoTroop - Jul 29, 2009

6 by KannoSugako »»
Nov 27, 2017 2:06 PM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile Episode 1 Discussion

PKAmmoTroop - Jul 13, 2009

7 by KannoSugako »»
Nov 27, 2017 1:29 PM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile Episode 3 Discussion

PKAmmoTroop - Jul 29, 2009

4 by Mayuka »»
Jun 20, 2016 6:47 AM

Poll: » Moonlight Mile Episode 11 Discussion

tofei - Apr 19, 2012

2 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 10, 2014 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.