Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Seikai no Senki Episode 10 Discussion

Sep 7, 2009 12:39 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And here we are. Those new weapon appears to be smart mines. Nasty. =) As we can see, sometimes new technology can even determinate an outcome of huge battle.
Beautiful and deadly.

I wonder why Admiral Spoor so unmotivated... Usually she is quite energetic when it's about fight...

The scenes where Samson communicate with his crewmates are VERY touching.
If I could fly...

Jan 20, 2010 12:36 PM

This episode was kinda tedious...

Oct 21, 2011 1:52 PM

Pretty good visual effects for a low-budget.

Jun 28, 2012 9:44 AM

Dividing & Smart Mines? That can be rather dangerous.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 24, 2013 9:47 PM

Cluster mines...just perfect. The Basroil was lucky to get out of that.

Nov 20, 2013 12:37 AM

Oh no! that one dude died T_T . . . haha, anyways, I'm really not sure why those types of mines were some secret uber weapon, you would think with how advanced both sides are, those would have been made a long time ago.

Feb 17, 2014 1:57 AM

For a civilization with advanced technology, you'd think the Abhs would have developed some sort of super weapon or at least have something on part with those smart mines. At first I thought it's just a couple of proximity mines but it can divide, hone and pierce ships. Nasty.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Feb 17, 2016 9:56 PM

The director did a good job of making this feel like a real battle. The Basroil keeps narrowly avoiding death and ally ships are lost; the never-ending stream of explosions were as beautiful as they were chilling. Having to abandon the escape pods was a particularly nice touch, since it conveys the direness of the situation.

Considering that "the real battle hasn't even started", any attack ship crew that's part of the defense force will be doing well just to survive the battle.

Nov 10, 2017 4:51 PM

The real battle hasn't even started yet. They're just throwing mines at each other. Yet, the Abh are already on the ropes. (I'm kinda hoping they lose)

Apr 1, 2019 12:48 PM

I'm guessing the main attack of the triple-alliance will happen at the other system.

Why send only mines and not claim the system? The longer they wait, the grater the change for the main Abh fleet to arrive on time. Unless that's the plan. To convince Abh that this is the place the main attack will happen.

I'm also guessing that the forces attacking Abh consist mostly of Guard Ships (the ones placing the mines) and limited other kinds of ships.