Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 9:01 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This Ragnarok-card is awesome, but you can't win if you don't a monster anymore xD I mean, you could attack your enemy's lifepoints with a magic-card, but Yugi doesn't have something like that xd
But oh well, good Marik gave up.
I have to admit, I totally forgot about Bakura xD And I'm glad that Mai is awake again =)
I wonder what happens next. I don't think they die in a explosion :P
May 16, 2014 8:29 PM

Mar 2011
They surely like to explode things.
Jan 4, 2015 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
I lost, lets blow up this place ...
Also couldnt you use the building for more tournaments down the line .. ?
Jan 24, 2018 10:28 PM
Aug 2017
Thank God for you, Yugi!
Sep 1, 2019 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
That was amazing. I really appreciate how Yami/Yugi only attacked after they had Marik's permission, but also how they didn't get the glory of making the finishing blow, like what usually happens as a shounen protagonist. The show gave the glory to Marik, showing he's finally ready to be in control of his life again, the decision being ultimately his to get rid of dark!Marik and the negative feelings he represents. It wasn't presented in a way that was anti-climactic either; the Ragnarok attack earlier was super satisfying, getting to see all the cards that got us this far. Both Magicians needed equally. I love it.

Bakura hunched over, alone, and stuffing his face, while Mai pulls a prank - an excellent reintroduction to these characters. So cute!

The sore loser line was in both sub and dub lol
Blowing things up must be a Kaiba family thing. I noticed how the command needed Mokuba's keycard. It's nice that Seto doesn't act alone or leaves his brother behind in the corporation.
Sep 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Nov 2016
Using Ragnarok was a spectacular way to win this duel. Yugi is still the champ, Kaiba salty af hehe, Mai trolled Joey good there. Bakura is also back.

One more episode for this arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Nov 2017
&++ with that is the end of Battle City. Mayne, it's been an eventful arc filled with fun and sad moments. But now it's time to blow this taco stand that is the duel tower!
May 2, 2021 10:17 PM

Apr 2020
Malik giving up was a cool scene. I'm happy for him

Is being in Kaiba's place really this depressing where it gets to the point of suicide? Like wtf man I wouldn't feel bad for him if he dies this way, only for Mokuba
Oct 8, 2021 8:12 PM

Aug 2019
God, Ragnarok was so unnecessary; why couldn't they have adapted the manga correctly and simply had Magical Dimension's destruction effect beat Ra? The end result would've been the same except without that tacky fan-servicey deus ex machina ending with all the monsters dragging Ra into the magical void.

It's just something that ticked me off about this duel, which was pretty well done for the most part. Kaiba being petty and barely giving Yugi a few minutes to relax after his victory also rubbed me the wrong way. It's as if he didn't develop as a character.
Apr 6, 2022 8:07 PM

Jul 2021
Yugi's final attack with all the monsters was so epic...
And yay! Good Marik's alive and everyone's OK!
LMAO Mai...
Apr 20, 2022 9:16 PM

Nov 2010
The ending is giving me Resident Evil vibes with self destruction mode and evil corporations minus the zombies. lol

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.