Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2009 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
AlecPyron said:
Pyrrhus said:

So i stand that PS3 still needs more..

Actually all consoles need more JRPGs, even the fricking Wii.

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, Tales of Symphonia 2, Rune Factory Frontier, Fragile, and Muramasa come to mind.
Sep 11, 2009 2:26 PM

Aug 2008
Haha, good grief. I mean I bought my 360 for Tales of Vesperia, but that just takes the cake. I will admit it did upset me a bit that there is so much additional content, but so what? It is still a complete game. As if Namco Bandai is going to do anything more than laugh at a petty petition.
Sep 11, 2009 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
Lemons said:
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, Tales of Symphonia 2, Rune Factory Frontier, Fragile, and Muramasa come to mind.

Phantom Brave is a SRPG and Murasama feels more like a beat 'em up with RPG elements.

That however, doesn't mean they're bad. They're actually pretty good and give the Wii some much needed variety to the shovelware that haunts it.
Sep 11, 2009 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
Lemons said:
AlecPyron said:
Pyrrhus said:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Crystal Bearers, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces
Sep 16, 2009 1:27 PM

Dec 2008
It seems a DLC is out of the question now. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony really did decide to play this kind of deal.

I'm still wondering what he'll say about the dropped embed lines that "PAT...." had in the original.
Sep 16, 2009 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
Lemons said:
It seems a DLC is out of the question now. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony really did decide to play this kind of deal.

I'm still wondering what he'll say about the dropped embed lines that "PAT...." had in the original.

The only thing I don't like about this is that everyone walks away happy.....except the diehard fans, and the people who paid 50-60 dollars for a beta. :/
Sep 16, 2009 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
feder said:
Lemons said:
AlecPyron said:
Pyrrhus said:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Crystal Bearers, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces

Still need MOAR!
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Sep 16, 2009 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
AlecPyron said:
feder said:
Lemons said:
AlecPyron said:
Pyrrhus said:

Still need MOAR!
This is true. You can never have enough RPGs.
Sep 16, 2009 6:38 PM

Apr 2007
Capellabun said:
Seasonreaper said:
Hung said:
Seasonreaper said:
Pyrrhus said:
Yeah, im hoping so because im thinking if US gets it then Aus might get it..
But i dont mind waiting for this game, PS3 needs some JRPG imo =S

Fixed: Like FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, White Knight Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Demon's Souls...?

Good point. I feel somewhat disappointed in myself to have accidentally related XIII's awesomeness to XII's mediocricy.

Have to disagree, loved XII and very few people have actually played even a demo of XIII to say that it's better or worse than XII.

how could it be worse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2009 2:16 PM

Jan 2008
feder said:
AlecPyron said:
feder said:
Lemons said:
AlecPyron said:
Pyrrhus said:

Still need MOAR!

Haha. The ps2 spoiled you guys.
Sep 17, 2009 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
The PS2 spoiled everyone. Godly console.
Sep 17, 2009 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:
feder said:
AlecPyron said:
feder said:
Lemons said:
AlecPyron said:
Pyrrhus said:

Still need MOAR!

I don't actually have that many RPGs on the PS2 though....maybe six or seven.
Sep 18, 2009 3:48 AM
Sep 21, 2009 4:25 PM

Dec 2008
Sep 22, 2009 3:49 AM
Jun 2007
Seasonreaper said:
The PS2 spoiled new gamers. Shitty console with some decent games.
Fixed.
Sep 22, 2009 4:00 AM

Nov 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

I was more spoiled by the PS1 and SNES although I played lotsa PS2 RPGs.
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Sep 22, 2009 4:13 AM
Jun 2007
I like how Artefact cherry picked lower selling Tales games and even seems to imply that Vesperia PS3 will end up topping the rest of the series. Vesperia will not even touch Destiny (which has been released three times and still sold better), especially not with the waning popularity of the series in Japan. Hell, it won't even touch Symphonia. Dude is delusional...
Sep 22, 2009 4:31 AM

Nov 2007
Rage over Video Games yay
Sep 22, 2009 7:33 AM

Nov 2007
Hraesvelgr said:
Seasonreaper said:
The PS2 spoiled new gamers. Shitty console with some decent games.
Fixed.

True, true. And now the Xbox 360 is following in its lead. No offense to Xbox 360 fans, btw.
Sep 22, 2009 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
So Vesperia finally came out on ps3..
I have to agree that ps2 spoiled me wiht rpgs >.<

Sep 22, 2009 5:53 PM

Nov 2007
Pyrrhus said:
So Vesperia finally came out on ps3..
I have to agree that ps2 spoiled me wiht rpgs >.<

I saw a copy of the game in Korea and was sad. But I'd rather get the English release anyway. It would be great if they could keep the same voice actors.
Sep 22, 2009 7:16 PM

May 2007
I don't know why people (namely Xbox owners) are so outraged by this. It's not like they changed the story or anything. So they added in a few playable characters and what not, big deal. Xbox owners should be happy with the fact that they were able to play the game a year earlier than PS3 owners. Hell, if Microsoft had not given money to Namco for the sole rights for a year to bring the game over to the Xbox, we would have never have seen the game on our system to begin with.
Sep 22, 2009 7:30 PM

Nov 2007
vindemon64 said:
I don't know why people (namely Xbox owners) are so outraged by this. It's not like they changed the story or anything. So they added in a few playable characters and what not, big deal. Xbox owners should be happy with the fact that they were able to play the game a year earlier than PS3 owners. Hell, if Microsoft had not given money to Namco for the sole rights for a year to bring the game over to the Xbox, we would have never have seen the game on our system to begin with.

A lot of people bought the Xbox for the sole reason of playing Tales of Vesperia. And now the shiny new upgrade has come out and people will have to buy a PS3 and another copy of the game. Not only that, but Namco swore up and down it was an Xbox exclusive, so they pretty much lied to their consumers.

I can understand the Japanese hate a lot more than the American though. If you were Japanese, would you want to buy the foreign system that is continuously breaking down and has like 2 games you like, or would you rather buy the system that is made in your own hometown and has a far better reputation when it comes to stability? The choice is obvious.
Sep 23, 2009 4:51 AM

Nov 2007
To buy a console because of one game is pretty stupid, imo.
Sep 23, 2009 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
Shino05 said:
To buy a console because of one game is pretty stupid, imo.

It is, but people do it all the time. I was lucky enough to get the Xbox 360 for free, but not everyone was that fortunate.
Sep 23, 2009 9:06 AM

May 2007
feder said:

A lot of people bought the Xbox for the sole reason of playing Tales of Vesperia. And now the shiny new upgrade has come out and people will have to buy a PS3 and another copy of the game. Not only that, but Namco swore up and down it was an Xbox exclusive, so they pretty much lied to their consumers.

I can understand the Japanese hate a lot more than the American though. If you were Japanese, would you want to buy the foreign system that is continuously breaking down and has like 2 games you like, or would you rather buy the system that is made in your own hometown and has a far better reputation when it comes to stability? The choice is obvious.

Like Shino05 stated, buying a system for one game is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. $350 for the system + $60 for the game is way too much money to throw around, especially for a one time use. Otherwise, people are just filthy rich. That's their problem.

I was under the impression that one of the big reasons that Namco is porting the game over to Sony IS because of the fact that a lot of Japanese gamers did not purchase the game on its initial release on the 360 because they don't have the system to begin with.

Also, what I was arguing was the fact that Xbox owners are pissed off about this. Why should they be? If Microsoft had not thrown money at Namco to release the game on their system first, the Xbox would have NEVER gotten the game to begin with. As a result, exclusivity or not, Xbox owners should be happy they got to play a game a year in advance of the PS3 owners.

And really, Namco really didn't lie, per say. The game was Xbox exclusive. They just didn't tell the whole truth (the part about it being only for a year. :/ )
Sep 23, 2009 9:37 AM

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:

From what I heard they did changed the story. In fact NB said the 360 version is no longer canon. Why yes 360 owners have the right to be outraged. (Next you will say PS3 fans had no right to complain about FF XIII :P) 360 owners were giving an incomplete game/Beta which had coding in where Patty is in the game the artes that in the game and Flynn. The problem is its LOCKED out in the 360 version. Now what is happening? A year later they are pushing it on people, especially those who played it the first time.

"Hey guys, remember that game you bought for full price? Well, we cut out over a third of the game, just to release it later on another console at full price again! Pay us more if you want to know what really happened."

Seriously it’s a bunch a crap. Its been happening a lot this gen. Do you understand now? We don't care if other consoles get to play it. When I buy a game for a console, I expect the complete game, regardless of it's quality. Even if ToS: Dawn of the New World was almost painful to play, it was what I payed for. This wasn't what I payed for.

BTW: It has nothing to do with Microsoft paying them first. MS paying them first was the reason MS did in order to get their system going in Japan. Team Symphonia stated they developed for the 360, since PS3 development kits weren’t ready and they wanted a HD Tales out ASAP. 360 was ready and MS needed sales in Japan so…
Sep 23, 2009 10:31 AM

Feb 2008
Meh, Don't really give a crap about this. Not really a surprise. They are doing the same shit with Ninja Gaiden II. And really, i doubt this is Microsoft fault for this type of stuff happening,it's it the developers they just want more money so they add stuff, release it on another system and then poof, nerdraging/butthurt fans. Also doubt sony doesn't play anyrole in this aswell, who knows they probably threw a bunch of money at them and told em to add more stuff.
Sep 23, 2009 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
It's alright to be outraged by Namco-Bandai's practices. They are the EA of Japan. However, the demand of those outraged fans are just stupid. If I were this angry to a company, I would just stop buying and endorsing their products till they repent. I do that with EA and Activison, I didn't buy a single product from them in years (well, EA doesn't seem as bad as before, I let it slide one time renting Dead Space).
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Sep 23, 2009 4:43 PM

May 2007
DivineTrinity said:
vindemon64 said:

From what I heard they did changed the story. In fact NB said the 360 version is no longer canon. Why yes 360 owners have the right to be outraged. (Next you will say PS3 fans had no right to complain about FF XIII :P) 360 owners were giving an incomplete game/Beta which had coding in where Patty is in the game the artes that in the game and Flynn. The problem is its LOCKED out in the 360 version. Now what is happening? A year later they are pushing it on people, especially those who played it the first time.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. I heard things a bit differently, but if what you say is true, I guess the rage from Xbox owners in warranted.
Sep 23, 2009 6:03 PM

Aug 2007
Sephor said:
And really, i doubt this is Microsoft fault for this type of stuff happening.

Agreed. We have the right to be angry at Namco and Sony and Microsoft or even Nintendo. Sony's fault for not getting their development kits out in time, and having the policy od havinng new content for port games. I bet Vesperia would have been multiplatform if Sony did that. We already know Microsoft and Namco's error. As for Nintendo I just said that for the lulz. :D

vindemon64 said:

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. I heard things a bit differently, but if what you say is true, I guess the rage from Xbox owners in warranted.

Yeah it is warranted, but in this stage of what's happening. Its about time to get over it. Japan's reasons for being angry at Namco are noticeably different due mainly to the number of system units via Microsoft. Here, we're angry because we want the content on our system, the Xbox 360. There, they are angry for being lied to and being forced to get the Xbox 360. In either case, both sides really shouldn't be bothering with angry riots and petitions, considering how large of a company Namco is and how many continue putting money into Namco's games, toys, and other merchandise, watching fans get a little sentimental over a particular business strategy isn't about to dissuade Namco into "apologizing" for what they did. It'll eventually be written off and disregarded, considering technically, no laws were broken and nothing legal can be done so life goes on.

All in all I was pissed about it, but knowing them since I own all three consoles if they said the PS3 version was coming stateside I probably be hyped for it. My fanboyism for game series I like is so bad I always contradict myself. :(
Sep 23, 2009 6:31 PM

May 2007
DivineTrinity said:

Yeah it is warranted, but in this stage of what's happening. Its about time to get over it. Japan's reasons for being angry at Namco are noticeably different due mainly to the number of system units via Microsoft. Here, we're angry because we want the content on our system, the Xbox 360. There, they are angry for being lied to and being forced to get the Xbox 360. In either case, both sides really shouldn't be bothering with angry riots and petitions, considering how large of a company Namco is and how many continue putting money into Namco's games, toys, and other merchandise, watching fans get a little sentimental over a particular business strategy isn't about to dissuade Namco into "apologizing" for what they did. It'll eventually be written off and disregarded, considering technically, no laws were broken and nothing legal can be done so life goes on.

All in all I was pissed about it, but knowing them since I own all three consoles if they said the PS3 version was coming stateside I probably be hyped for it. My fanboyism for game series I like is so bad I always contradict myself. :(

Yeah, you have a point. I mean, when hearing this news for the very first time, sure, I was a little disappointed. I mean, it would be pretty cool to have a new character and new moves and what not. But after thinking about it, I wasn't disappointed because I was able to play the game a year earlier than ps3 owners. Hell, if I had a choice of playing the current Xbox 360 version or waiting an extra year for the updated ps3 version, I'd probably still pick the Xbox version.

But again, you stated that the Xbox version of Vesperia has the code embedded in the game with the new character of Patty and the new mystic artes, so that is a bit of a letdown. But again, you're assuming that this code was completed when this game was published on the 360 and Namco simply didn't use it. I'm sure they were developing the code, but because Microsoft pressured them to get the game out asap, they weren't able to complete the code glitch free, hence, the remnants of this code on the Xbox version of the game, just not completed and thus, not used.

In the end (assuming what I said above is true), Microsoft -- not Namco -- is the party to blame. On one hand, us Xbox owners should be happy that they tossed money at Namco to get the game out a year early. On the other hand, Microsoft was probably extremely impatient on getting jrpgs onto their system and wanted the game asap.
VK11Sep 23, 2009 6:35 PM
Sep 23, 2009 7:47 PM

Sep 2009
vindemon64 said:
DivineTrinity said:

Yeah, you have a point. I mean, when hearing this news for the very first time, sure, I was a little disappointed. I mean, it would be pretty cool to have a new character and new moves and what not. But after thinking about it, I wasn't disappointed because I was able to play the game a year earlier than ps3 owners. Hell, if I had a choice of playing the current Xbox 360 version or waiting an extra year for the updated ps3 version, I'd probably still pick the Xbox version.

But again, you stated that the Xbox version of Vesperia has the code embedded in the game with the new character of Patty and the new mystic artes, so that is a bit of a letdown. But again, you're assuming that this code was completed when this game was published on the 360 and Namco simply didn't use it. I'm sure they were developing the code, but because Microsoft pressured them to get the game out asap, they weren't able to complete the code glitch free, hence, the remnants of this code on the Xbox version of the game, just not completed and thus, not used.

In the end (assuming what I said above is true), Microsoft -- not Namco -- is the party to blame. On one hand, us Xbox owners should be happy that they tossed money at Namco to get the game out a year early. On the other hand, Microsoft was probably extremely impatient on getting jrpgs onto their system and wanted the game asap.

That's the thing though, why bother saying it didn't happen, and lie to fans? If they came straight out with it I'd be a little less judgemental on their part. That's what delaying a game is for as well (Symphonia 2 NA release was pushed back a month for having a bit of bonus content the JP release didn't have)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
9 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

18 by FanofAction »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.