Forum Settings
Forums

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, PWG, ROH, NJPW...)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 176 177 [178] 179 180 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2017 8:27 PM

May 2010
JR calling Taker's retirement match.
Apr 2, 2017 8:31 PM

Mar 2012
Webby-sama said:
Nope, Taker appeared at the press conference for WM 34. I think next year will be the end.
Apr 2, 2017 8:33 PM

May 2010
SeibaaHomu said:
Webby-sama said:
Nope, Taker appeared at the press conference for WM 34. I think next year will be the end.
I'm gonna guess his only inclusion with 34 is his Hall of Fame induction.
Apr 2, 2017 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
This match is a total slog and Taker is probably gonna lose.

Only way it could be saved is if Samoa Joe comes out and teams up with Roman. Would be like Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 17
Apr 2, 2017 8:50 PM

Nov 2011
Did Roman Reigns just botch...
Apr 2, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2014
Crowd is chanting bullshit
Apr 2, 2017 8:51 PM

Jul 2014
SeibaaHomu said:

Only way it could be saved is if Samoa Joe comes out and teams up with Roman. Would be like Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 17

mega heel reigns hype then.
Apr 2, 2017 8:51 PM

May 2010
That botched reverse tombstone. Roman can't carry old man Taker through a match.
Apr 2, 2017 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Lol, Taker keeps kicking out of spears.
Apr 2, 2017 8:56 PM

Jul 2014
you gotta love this crowd tho.
Apr 2, 2017 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
Roman's only good if his opponent can make him look good. Which is a shit predicament for a 3 time Mania main eventer but I guess Vince is weird.

Taker is doing a slightly better job than Triple H last year, but largely this does nothing but prove the smarks right.

Dream95 said:
SeibaaHomu said:

mega heel reigns hype then.
I'm still holding out hope.
Apr 2, 2017 8:58 PM

Nov 2011
Terrible. Undertaker lost...

Just wow. That was bad. The match itself was so-so. Thank you Taker for all the years of entertainment. It was sad to see but expected.
Stark700Apr 2, 2017 9:15 PM
Apr 2, 2017 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
That was absolute shit. The crowd is very dead. Roman fucked up the finish two years in a row.
Apr 2, 2017 9:00 PM

Jul 2014
I am very sad :( Taker standing up after a spear only for another spear :(((
Apr 2, 2017 9:02 PM

May 2010
All downhill after the Hardys return.

Oh well.
Apr 2, 2017 9:05 PM

May 2010
Kinda sad that such a great career ends to Roman Reigns of all people.
Apr 2, 2017 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
Roman Reigns is now officially my least favourite wrestler ever.
Apr 2, 2017 9:13 PM

Jul 2014
Legit Cried. Thank you Taker for all the memories
Apr 2, 2017 9:19 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Well this Goldberg vs Lesnar match will last longer than 3 minutes.

Wow his match is way better than I had expected.

Edit: Lesnar won! Good booking.
Yeah, considering he's supposed to carry the title into WM34 and then face....Roman Reigns.

SeibaaHomu said:
Webby-sama said:
That was the initial plan but they make snap changes all the time. Taker was reported in the last few weeks to be in extreme pain and they accelerated the schedule for his hip surgery which he claimed once he got, he'd be done.

It's funny, but for some reason, someone started cutting onions at the end of the show...
Apr 2, 2017 9:21 PM

Nov 2011
^ I'm hoping those plans change.

Apr 2, 2017 9:27 PM

Feb 2013
Well a buddy of mine who is a long time Taker fan said he could see Roman taking his place as the Dragonslayer. Doing what he wants, never being a true face or a heel and that sorta thing. Even Taker got booed a lot in his early days.

The key difference is Paul Bearer did a lot of the talking back then. The Deadman didn't do much of his own talking until he went with the American Badass gimmick which was basically him being himself. We've seen that Roman can cut a halfway decent promo when Vince isn't doing his writing...but he really needs his own Paul Bearer or Paul Heyman to try and grow.

A good scenario (in this Arms Dealer's humble opinion) if the plan is indeed to have Reigns face Lesnar at WM34 is to have Heyman screw Brock and jump to Roman's side. After that, let the Advocate work his magic.
Apr 2, 2017 9:43 PM

Apr 2011
The way I'd book it is Lesnar vs Reigns. The man who ended the streak vs the man who ended the career. Both men have wins against Undertaker at Wrestlemania and they've never lost to each other (am I right on this?). Maybe build up Reigns as a monster, but not a babyface. No one likes an invincible hero.
Apr 2, 2017 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
This was the best mania since 30, from beginning to end, it was a great show.

SeibaaHomu said:
Roman Reigns is now officially my least favourite wrestler ever.

Making him the top heel in your eyes, in 2017 KO is a face and Roman is a heel to people like you, mission accomplished

I cried during the end for Taker, and that match (minus the botch) was great. The whole show was great, Bray should've won tho, but other than that it was fantastic.
Apr 2, 2017 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
Any guesses for HoF class of 2018? I mean, we already know the headliner - Undertaker. I'm guessing Chyna will also go in next year.
Apr 3, 2017 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
Bacardi-x-Cola said:
Making him the top heel in your eyes, in 2017 KO is a face and Roman is a heel to people like you, mission accomplished
Heel wrestlers intentionally try to rile up the crowd to get a reaction. They don't kill the crowd by ending the 27 year career of one of greatest wrestlers of all time with a boring, sloppy shitfest of a match that completely undermines what should have been a really powerful moment.

Kevin Owens is a talented heel wrestler. Roman Reigns is just a garbage babyface.
Apr 3, 2017 3:45 AM

Aug 2008
Undertaker retiring? Thank you Taker for everything.

Best part is Hardy Boys return.
ZapredonApr 3, 2017 4:10 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 3, 2017 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
SeibaaHomu said:
Bacardi-x-Cola said:
Heel wrestlers intentionally try to rile up the crowd to get a reaction. They don't kill the crowd by ending the 27 year career of one of greatest wrestlers of all time with a boring, sloppy shitfest of a match that completely undermines what should have been a really powerful moment.

Kevin Owens is a talented heel wrestler. Roman Reigns is just a garbage babyface.

Roman clearly riled you up, he got the reaction backstage wanted. Sloppy Shitfest? Naw that was one of the best matches on the whole show, it deserved to end it and it was fantastic, the kickout's, the chair shot's, it was beautiful, don't let your smarky head blind you from that (I just hated that botch by Roman tho)
Tonight proved Hunter's point tonight, heels and faces aren't what you thought they were.

Also Brock vs Goldberg was lokey fantastic
Apr 3, 2017 7:49 AM

Mar 2013
I personally thought the match was kinda crappy, but I didn't think it was Roman's fault. Undertaker hasn't really been able to go for a while, was basically postponing hip surgery for years and finally was getting it done this year, and for whatever reason, was forced into a 23 minute match. that just plainly didn't need to be 23 minute to tell that story. I teared up seeing him retire, he was great, but I honestly am happy he's done simply because it hurt my heart seeing him wrestle like he had been and just the way he was moving look bad.

I think it really really sucks that people are putting that on Roman but that's kinda been the way it's been for 2 years and I just quite simply don't think it's gonna change anytime soon. At this point, each person that boos him seems to have a death grudge against the guy and each of those people have different requirments that need to be met before the see him as "fixed" and it's just impossible to fulfill each of them for each person.

Also on the botch, I kinda don't think that was on Roman, it didn't look like Taker was giving him any help like he was supposed to(probably cause of the bad hip), and it's probably borderline impossible to dead lift ~300 pounds, length wise, without really being able to use your legs at all.
AudioTsunamiApr 3, 2017 7:54 AM
Apr 3, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
the last match was really shitty. taker's retirement should have been at the hands of John Cena.

or braun strowman.

im quitting raw....

smackdown all the way,

best match was the opener, shane vs AJ
Apr 3, 2017 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
The Wrestlemania 33 main event was very mediocre, 4/10 for me.

It started off good with Undertaker dominating and the mind games between them in and out the ring. Everything went downhill after Taker got speared into the table. Match slowed down dramatically and Taker looked like he was getting more hurt.

Final few minutes of the match was just painful to watch. The spear after spear...even JR's commentary couldn't save the match.

Best match of the night imo was the Tag Team match. The Hardy Boyz returning was the highlight and almost every team got in some offensive and spotlight.

I'm going to watch the Shane vs Aj soon but I heard it was good.
Apr 3, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
The Wrestlemania 33 main event was very mediocre, 4/10 for me.

It started off good with Undertaker dominating and the mind games between them in and out the ring. Everything went downhill after Taker got speared into the table. Match slowed down dramatically and Taker looked like he was getting more hurt.

Final few minutes of the match was just painful to watch. The spear after spear...even JR's commentary couldn't save the match.

Best match of the night imo was the Tag Team match. The Hardy Boyz returning was the highlight and almost every team got in some offensive and spotlight.

I'm going to watch the Shane vs Aj soon but I heard it was good.

Well it was certainly better than other smackdown matches for sure, bray lost for what? So Randy can become 13 time world champion because a dozen before weren't enough, female sd match as forgettable.

Can't wait for raw and full on heat for Roman.
Apr 3, 2017 3:13 PM

Sep 2007
The underdog, Roman Reigns, wins again! Defying all odds! Overcoming all obstacles! One vs all! He is the underdog, Roman Reigns!
Apr 3, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2015
Wasabi said:
The underdog, Roman Reigns, wins again! Defying all odds! Overcoming all obstacles! One vs all! He is the underdog, Roman Reigns!
As a Roman hater, go fuck yourself.

Anyhow, who likes to see Nakamura in either RAW or Smackdown(hopefully).

EDIT: WrestleMania 33: I score it a unsatisfactory yet BROKEN demise of 3/10.
Pros:
- The Hardyz return (without the BROKEN Gimmick)
- AJ Styles Vs. Shane McMahon (Match of the Night)
- JR Returns (reports said that JR might signed a 2 year contract with the WWE)

Cons:
- Other matches that I didn't mention on the Pros.
- Also, no Mauro Ranallo.
- Another WrestleMania ruined, just like last year.
VaasMontenegroApr 3, 2017 3:43 PM
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
Apr 3, 2017 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
Oh come on now this was a fucking great WM they did good with this one. 8/10

Pre-show MEEEEEEEH

Best match:

AJ vs Shane and that's,believe it or not,thanks to Shane.He outdid himself and Styles being the great worker that he is delivered aswell.

KO vs Chris was good,imo I think the no holds barred stipulation fitted this match and it could've been better.

Fatal 4way was fine for what it was it didn't wow me like the last years match

Tag title,amazing simple as that. When the BROKEN Hardys came out I was schocked,I got goosebumps I couldn't believe they were here,I thought the RAW after Mania was when they would appear.

Mixed tag match,was meh loved the crowd reaction to Miz lol still think that he should've won but it was fine I'm not mad and congrats to Cena & Nikki that was a feel good moment.

Seth vs Trips was great it could've been better,little more vicious or hard hitting but Seth's knee maybe was the problem for that. The ending was perfect because FINALLY Steph got what she deserved and Seth won.

WWE & Universal championship matches.
At least one should've been after the Six Pack match....

The spectacle in the ring with Bray was brilliant the match was fine,wrong guy won the finish was underwhelming.

Brock vs Goldberg was pure FUN,it wasn't a match but it was entertaining as hell.

Six pack challenge,cool Naomi won didn't care tbh at all.

The main event

Sorry Taker but that matched proved you should've hanged your boots a long time ago,it was fine we should accept that Reings will not turn heel move on people are shitting on a PPV no matter how good it was just because Reings won,yes his push to superstardom was bad and annoying but it's been 3 years now stop it.I'm certain tha IF he becomes a bad guy people will cheer him,because we are dickheads and hard to please.

Taker farewell I felt heartbroken after WM because one of the all time greats is probably retiring,we will miss you for sure. Legend.

(sorry for any grammar mistakes,it's late I'm tired 5 hours of wrestling is too much tbh)
Apr 3, 2017 4:48 PM

Oct 2016
Watched WM yesterday with some friends, we went home disappointed.

Highlight for us: Return of Hardy Boyz, we were jumping and screaming like apes.

The matches were nothing special, with AJ vs Shane being the best one.

What disappointed me the most was that the outcome of each match was very predictable;
then again, in the last years it was always like that which really disappointed me.
Overall i would've prefered to just go home after the fatal 4way, as the rest was just not enjoyable for me.
I even rooted for Triple H and Goldberg, just because i hoped for a twist and a little bit more unpredictability,
but as we all know it was pretty stupid of me and my hopes were let down.

Overall i would rate it 3/10 i really did not enjoy it much.

The lights in the sky are stars♥
Apr 3, 2017 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
Hardy Boyz are defending their tag titles tonight.
Apr 3, 2017 5:11 PM

Jul 2014
The HEAT is INSANE

OMFG. WHAT A SEGMENT
Apr 3, 2017 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
I love this crowd.

Every post Mania crowd is awesome.
Apr 3, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
I hope Smackdown tommorow has this kind of a crowd.
Apr 3, 2017 6:07 PM

Jul 2014
YESSSSSSSSS KURT ANGLEEEEEEEEE
Apr 3, 2017 6:08 PM

Nov 2011
Lol, Teddy got trolled.

Kurt Angle as RAW GM...nice.
Apr 3, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2014
HOLY SHIT ITS THE REVIVAL
Apr 3, 2017 6:19 PM

Nov 2011
Oh God yes. This RAW (besides the opening minutes) has been great so far.
Apr 3, 2017 6:33 PM

Jul 2014
I hope the draft coming really soon does some good to SD as well.
Apr 3, 2017 6:38 PM

Jul 2014
FINALLY EMMA YESSSSS
Apr 3, 2017 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
wont do SD any good cause they're taking AJ
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Apr 3, 2017 7:07 PM

Jul 2014
Wait RR vs BROCK ALREADY???
I thought for sure it was going to be Finn

FUCK YES BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN
Apr 3, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2014
HES BACKKKKKKK FINNN
Apr 3, 2017 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
FINNNNNN BALOR

Yay, he's back. Oh man, Smackdwon's got major competition tomorrow.
Apr 3, 2017 8:14 PM

Jul 2014
I think SD might be getting Nakamura.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 176 177 [178] 179 180 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.