Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2009 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder what deadline passed a month ago.

seems Guin did betray the moonrace and that's why they're taking a semi violent approach. Guin on the other hand, intends to revive ancient technology in order to destroy the "demonic aliens from space" and establish his country's absolute dominance of the world or something like that. which basically makes all the deaths to come his sole responsibility. assuming that he's not acting on the emperors orders and against his own judgment, which doesn't seem to be the case.

I have a feeling that due to poor intel, Loran will be fighting his own people. too bad no ones going to try talking to him first (or if they do then the too bad the Gundam will attack on its own).
May 6, 2010 3:35 AM

Apr 2009
Guin said they've been negotiating for the last two years that' s also the same length of time that passed when Loran landed on Earth.

It's bad intel on both sides but the Moonrace totally wasted their HUMINT assets on that two years before this episode...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 14, 2011 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
"*slap* It's your fault!" "*slap* Get a hold of yourself!" Old customs die hard, specially in Gundam.
Aug 15, 2012 1:50 AM

Jul 2008
Least Loran manned up and slapped her back.
Dec 11, 2012 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
WolfWood37 said:
Least Loran manned up and slapped her back.

At least these slaps are understandable. Sochie was freaking out because of her father's death and took it out on the first person she could and Loran slapped her to get her back to her senses. Zeta's slaps in particular made me go wtf?

That said, I'm still having the problem I always seem to have with Gundam. A lot of the actions the characters take just feel "off" to me. I don't know, it's hard to explain. Still, I'm definitely enjoying this so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, this is a fast-paced anime. So much is crammed into each episode, I hardly have time to think. o_O I want to know more about this Queen Dianna. Dianna is the goddess of the moon, so her name is very apropos. :)

Now Loran has Holy Marks, too, from piloting the mobile suit. I wonder if that's where the Coming of Age ceremony originated in the first place. It was buried hundreds of years ago...I wonder how the mobile suit became so central to Earth's culture (at least around Nocis). Something about the Dark History...

If Loran's becoming a pilot, he's my favorite yet simply because he ISN'T a bratty kid for once. >_> He likes the people of earth maybe too much for someone who is working to assert the moon race's authority over earth again. The only people he doesn't seem to like are those closely linked to the earth's authority, like Kihel. He didn't even know about the attack earlier, though, so I wonder if he thought he would only be working to overthrow earth government and integrate both societies peaceably. I don't knowww, I just really, really like Turn A so far especially for a Gundam series. :)

lul, and slaps. Oh, Tomino.
Feb 6, 2014 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
Finally some slaps. As the guy said before, those slaps are more understandable than the Zeta ones.

I don't know why, but I really like Sochie's voice.

This series is so fast, I hope it slows downs a little at some point.
Apr 4, 2014 7:46 AM

Sep 2013
This has been absolutely amazing so far, definitely the best start of any ~50 ep Gundams I have seen.

The setting is just so interesting
Oct 30, 2014 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
definitely the best start of the franchise for the 50 episode lengths, i dont know how people can say this is fast paced, this is so delightfully slow that im enjoying it so much, the addittion of a lack in action so far is sucha good sign that the fights wont be throwaway brawls made to sell toys but rather focused action sequences with impact
Amuro_Char said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO AND HELL NO

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 22, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
JizzyHitler said:
definitely the best start of the franchise for the 50 episode lengths, i dont know how people can say this is fast paced, this is so delightfully slow that im enjoying it so much, the addittion of a lack in action so far is sucha good sign that the fights wont be throwaway brawls made to sell toys but rather focused action sequences with impact
Amuro_Char said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO AND HELL NO

I agree with Jizzy on the voice, hell NO.
Sep 4, 2015 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
I'm guess the Holy Marks are where the Gundam can attach to you so you can control it somewhat with your mind, or make you kinda like a new type.
Of course, as usual, I'm probably wrong. Lol

Either way I'm really liking the pace of this anime. It was fast from the beginning to get me really interested.
Oct 4, 2016 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
shits going dooooown
Feb 18, 2017 5:53 PM

May 2010
Ston3_FreeN7 said:

That said, I'm still having the problem I always seem to have with Gundam. A lot of the actions the characters take just feel "off" to me. I don't know, it's hard to explain. Still, I'm definitely enjoying this so far.

That "off" feeling seems to be Tomino in general. Some of his more infamous shows like Garzey's Wing and Brain Powerd had that same off feeling to the character actions. I've grown to like it tbh, it makes the characters a lot less predictable and keeps your brain working to fill in the dots!
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 20, 2017 4:08 AM

Dec 2015
Two long years of negotiations and a month of final warning? That's very large compared to Zeon's entry in war. But at least, I could make sense of the Zabis scheme. The Moonrace's logic is too extraterrestrial for me.
I guess Guin (Guen?) tried to find his own profit in all this and got burned. Potential hidden villain?

Last thing: I found the faces (and sometimes hands) pretty ugly this episode. The drawings quality was rapidly lowered (alarming for a double-length show).

4/5 Nice nods to the original with the Gundam's user "book" and the girl getting back to her senses with a slap after losing family.

@St0rmblade Stop with the "nudity" ! Mentioning it makes it sound unnatural when it's perfectly natural on the contrary. Let's simply admire Tomino trying to desensitize his fellow japanese people without help from baths and showers for once.
(Joking. Obviously , your reaction is at least not the average american one.)
Rei_IIIDec 24, 2020 6:59 PM
Sep 8, 2018 4:07 PM
Aug 2017
I am loving this! Awesome!
Dec 30, 2018 5:45 AM

Jul 2016
Ah yes, the return of the Gundam Slap! My brain went it previous "Gundam Slaps" over the franchise history and it gave me a solid chuckle.

Yeah, concur with previous posts as this episode was pretty damn fast and felt like it was running on caffeine. Weird start to the show so far with how after 2 years the Moonrace has been in contact with the earth and now they.. just attack them. What?!?

Cathedral said:
If Loran's becoming a pilot, he's my favorite yet simply because he ISN'T a bratty kid for once. >_>

I'm with you on this one, dude. I would also say Uso from Victory was one of the best main characters of the Gundam franchise. The kid was only 14 years old and whined a lot less than Amuro and Kamille combined.
Apr 9, 2019 9:28 AM
Jun 2016
Yay another pet peeve of mine, "Were invading and killing your people, why are you attacking us." BS love it when the ones in the wrong get so offended that people don't just sit there and accept the abuse. Seems to be a common trope with gundam. Were going to kill millions of people in a colony to drop it on a city, but YOUR THE BAD GUYS for trying to kill us before we do it.
Apr 21, 2020 10:09 AM
Jul 2017
wolfwing said:
Yay another pet peeve of mine, "Were invading and killing your people, why are you attacking us." BS love it when the ones in the wrong get so offended that people don't just sit there and accept the abuse. Seems to be a common trope with gundam. Were going to kill millions of people in a colony to drop it on a city, but YOUR THE BAD GUYS for trying to kill us before we do it.

Haha yeah, those savages are throwing sticks at us. Guess I got to smoke 'em!

Did the music in this series just insanely pickup? Score pieces are great this episode.
Dec 23, 2020 3:47 PM

Aug 2017
Not only did the nudity continue, Turn A's strangely situated cockpit is sliding down in a way that's just...what is this...

The music is consistently great though. It's just so apocalyptic

Justifications used by the Moonrace higher-ups ("Diana told us to be peaceful but these Earthnoids ruined everything") reminds me of Victory Gundam.

For some reason Loran took the manual with him instead of leaving it to Syd. Btw the circles on his back don't really map onto the cockpit's seat very well.

That prison sentence talk came out of nowhere. For what? Too much destruction?

I found the faces (and sometimes hands) pretty ugly this episode.

True for Sochie, Guin and that one officer of the Moonrace. To compensate for this, every destruction scene involving a beam looked *fantastic*. Especially with the choir.
St0rmbladeDec 23, 2020 3:53 PM
Aug 11, 2021 4:58 PM
Aug 2010
In the first three episodes we saw more nudity scenes than animes who are rated R for nudity. I really don't get these ratings here. Anyways, it is pretty interesting and has an unique start compared to other Gundam series I've watched so far. I am still not sure if I like or don't like the main cast so far, they are meh for now.
Oct 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Jul 2017
i have to admit that this is very interesting, but i think the pacing is too fast to really digest what is going on.
the mustache gundam is cool.
for now i'm not crazy in love with the cast, i hope it gets better overtime
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.