Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 6:39 AM

Jan 2012
Don't really know what to think of this... will keep watching it though :D
Apr 5, 2014 6:53 AM

Jan 2014
Just finished the first ep, and it's 4 out of 5 for me. It looks really interesting, and seems as if there's some really significant development lined up for a lot of characters.

I have no idea whether they'll be able to do that to a high standard in 13 episodes, but I'll keep watching nonetheless.
Apr 5, 2014 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
Biggest surprise this season so far. Pretty good.

Apr 5, 2014 7:09 AM

Dec 2007
Danganronpa anime done right, only with a lesbian twist. Fuck yeah, this what I've been waiting for.
Apr 5, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2010
The girls are either creepy, mysterious, or messed up...
I find this really interesting, can't wait till we learn something about their background.
Not a too big of a fan of an organization having a messed up leading branch.
Apr 5, 2014 7:30 AM

Oct 2011
This reminds me of a combination of Dangan Ronpa, Madoka Magica (leads remind me of Madoka and Sayaka hue), and the OP reminds me of Strike the Blood OP 1. Lesbian theme reminds me of Sakura Trick
Apr 5, 2014 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
Iasuru said:
This reminds me of a combination of Dangan Ronpa, Madoka Magica (leads remind me of Madoka and Sayaka hue), and the OP reminds me of Strike the Blood OP 1. Lesbian theme reminds me of Sakura Trick

Anime existed before 2010.
Apr 5, 2014 9:00 AM
Mar 2014
I loved it more than I thought I would! The OP is one of the best I've ever seen! The voices are so damn good, especially Banba's (the way her voice changed from Mahiru to Shinya gave me the chills!) and Haru's (you gotta love that cutie *-*). Plus Namatame is one sexy lady, isn't she? And I'm not even going to talk about Nio, 'cause I wouldn't be able to stop :3

Can't wait for the second episode! :P
Apr 5, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
The art is gorgeous. The story seems taboo. Definitely will keep watching.
Apr 5, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty interesting first episode. I haven't seen any anime like this before though so hopefully it will be good.
Apr 5, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
Seems a lot like DanganRonpa. Might keep watching, but the first episode was kinda meh for me.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Apr 5, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
DancingJack said:
Out of my personal opinion I really dislike these all-female cast animes, even more if they are set in the action genre.

Also it's just freakin' annoying to me when these school girls take on groups of special forces or elite mercenaries (this is just a guess, I don't know everything that series after all) without breaking a sweet, because they are just ultra assassins for no apparent reason and magically don't get hit by bullets.

I agree with most of your points especially about the character casting, but this is a yuri manga, it would make sense it's an all-female cast (sorry sensei). The girls in this anime aren't your run of the mill females, they all come from very dark past, for instance Ichinose one of the MC she had to watch her entire family get slaughtered at a young age for her sake and then was told to live with a smile (why she's always smiling). Her whole life people have been trying to murder her and her entire body is covered in scars (scars on her legs in EP1). Check the manga out, it's really good, but the action is kind of a let down.
Apr 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2008
Damn. Around 3 chapters were animated. I don't really care, since it was enjoyable though. Isuke & Haruki are forever #1 <3
ED was great, OP was meh.
Apr 5, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
2014 year of the yuri, amirit?

Loving Sugita as Kaiba @.@
He does it so well. Passed my expectations for the character.
DGemuApr 5, 2014 9:49 AM
Apr 5, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
ehhhhhhhh i dunno.

whole thing feels like you have seen it several times before. character design is pretty standard aswell. quality wise pretty good though voice acting was really good aswell

feels a bit like it is trying way too hard to be creepy or mysterious

overall a bit boring. not because there was no action it just did not grab me at any moment.

but i will continue watching for now.

sagae haruki best design

not the biggest yuri fan but i knew what it was so i am not gonna use that as a negative point for the show. something alot of people should think about when they start complaining about things that they knew the series would include but still decided to watch it
xSanoxApr 5, 2014 9:51 AM
Apr 5, 2014 9:50 AM
Aug 2011
Somewhat underwhelming.
I can't stop hearing HanaKana when Haru speaks though.
Apr 5, 2014 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Mmmmm looks good the op and ed themes are very good and reminds me of danganronpa i am not a fan of yuri but the killing theme is really a plus for me ,mm is it me or is there quiete alot of female action stuff this spring with also selector infected WIXXOS mmm
cant wait to see how this is going to develope :D
Apr 5, 2014 10:02 AM
Feb 2013
Whoah, to hell with that.
I'll definitely watch it for some crazy girls with knives and for this AWESOME music! :0
kcuf
Apr 5, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
i get the danganronpa vibes, but i feel like there will be some limits to the character development with just girls in the main cast, though i do enjoy yuri, i think having a guy or two, maybe even for rivalry might be nice, nor am i really a fan of our main character, azuma. haru reminds me a little of madoka, but not really in a good way. i'm not sure whether i will continue watching it or not, maybe another episode or two.
"A heart is a heavy burden." - Howl's Moving Castle.
Apr 5, 2014 10:10 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I find it ridiculous that they have sent 12 girls to kill just one weak, clueless girl. But whatever, this is mainly watched for the yuri, nothing else.

So far feels like an all-females version of Danganronpa, I wasn't impressed.
Apr 5, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
Chinensis said:
I find it ridiculous that they have sent 12 girls to kill just one weak, clueless girl. But whatever, this is mainly watched for the yuri, nothing else.

I agree, the logic doesn't really follow.
"A heart is a heavy burden." - Howl's Moving Castle.
Apr 5, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
Yeah, like everyone that has watched DanganRonpa, I also felt the same feel of it in Akuma no Riddle but I think it isn't going to be so good as DanganRonpa.

This anime doesn't seem to have an "epic smell", if you know what I mean.
Apr 5, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
Seems like a promising start, I can feel the intensity for Azuma and Ichinose. CAn's wait to see what the next episode looks like. Azuma looked badass for the most part.

Apr 5, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
It was better than what I expected from the PVs, I still don't expect a masterpiece, but I think it will be some enjoyable.

And I hope they explain more of the plot next episode now that character introductions are out of the way.
Apr 5, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2013
Wow I didn't expect to like this as much I do now after watching the first ep. I need more yuri in my life ;;

Definitely going to look forward the next episode.
Apr 5, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
That OP was....awesome! XD

Ok! So, first episode was, pretty slow...but at least we got to see some of the cast of characters...that's cool. owo So, they are all assassins...then? :3

Overall, it was a good, beginning episode....can't wait to see the next one~!
Apr 5, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
Chinensis said:

It's not ridiculous though. Don't judge a book by its cover. If you keep watching, you'll find out what's going on.
Apr 5, 2014 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
2014 just keeps rolling out the yuri; 2013 had Free and AoT and now we have Akuma no Riddle and had Sakura Trick.

I'm a sucker for edgy dark animes so I liked this episode. OP I wasn't expecting to sound that great but it did. ED was ok too. Ready for more psychos!
Apr 5, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
Average first episode, but I get the feeling I'm going to enjoy this anime.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Apr 5, 2014 10:49 AM
May 2013
uyalucky said:
DancingJack said:
Out of my personal opinion I really dislike these all-female cast animes, even more if they are set in the action genre.

Also it's just freakin' annoying to me when these school girls take on groups of special forces or elite mercenaries (this is just a guess, I don't know everything that series after all) without breaking a sweet, because they are just ultra assassins for no apparent reason and magically don't get hit by bullets.

I agree with most of your points especially about the character casting, but this is a yuri manga, it would make sense it's an all-female cast (sorry sensei). The girls in this anime aren't your run of the mill females, they all come from very dark past, for instance Ichinose one of the MC she had to watch her entire family get slaughtered at a young age for her sake and then was told to live with a smile (why she's always smiling). Her whole life people have been trying to murder her and her entire body is covered in scars (scars on her legs in EP1). Check the manga out, it's really good, but the action is kind of a let down.

You should put a spoiler marker on this.
Apr 5, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
I thought it was pretty average :T A bit too slow, and I don't feel like I know too much about anything. However, the characters are all pretty interesting (so far, the bipolar chick's my favorite :p). I wonder if for the ending, it'll be a different character each time? There are 13 episodes, and 13 students ;3

I'll watch the next episode, and likely through the entire series. Just not hooked quite yet
Apr 5, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2012
Reminds me so much of Danganronpa, hope it won't end up disappointing like it though. Have pretty high hopes for it
Apr 5, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2008
4edgy6me

sarroush said:

It's not ridiculous though. Don't judge a book by its cover. If you keep watching, you'll find out what's going on.

So the plot and all characters are only pretending to be poorly written?
Apr 5, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
BananaIce said:
I wonder if for the ending, it'll be a different character each time? There are 13 episodes, and 13 students ;3

I believe you're right. If I read right each character is singing their own endings as well. (Maaaaybe...)
Apr 5, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2011
Being honest here, i saw the trailer and thought it was going to be the epic of the season that no one expects, and so far in my opinion, i'm right.

This feels more like Hitman than Danganronpa, while Hitman you just have a target and get done with it, while Danganronpa is more like "Survive no matter what", is kinda different, and it was mentioned that all of the girls have different objectives, but it looks like everyone has the same target.

Loved the OST+OP+ED, loved the characters, everyone is an expert killer, different than Danganronpa.

Question: Does the manga really have some yuri context like people are talking about or these people are just dumb enough to assume that only because they are all girls?

In my honest opinion, i really liked this, the characters, soundtrack, animation really got my eyes on, so definitely i'm going to watch this till the end.
Apr 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
It was okay. For a battle royal type of story I don't feel like it's intense or scary enough though. The animation and the OP/ED are nice but I just had to chuckle when they played those stock horror themes throughout the episode because I didn't feel scared or tense during those times.

I'll at least watch it for the yuri and to find out why in the blue world you need 12 professional assassins to kill such an obvious target with no chance of defending herself.
Apr 5, 2014 12:10 PM
Mar 2014
-ZET- said:
Being honest here, i saw the trailer and thought it was going to be the epic of the season that no one expects, and so far in my opinion, i'm right.

This feels more like Hitman than Danganronpa, while Hitman you just have a target and get done with it, while Danganronpa is more like "Survive no matter what", is kinda different, and it was mentioned that all of the girls have different objectives, but it looks like everyone has the same target.

Loved the OST+OP+ED, loved the characters, everyone is an expert killer, different than Danganronpa.

Question: Does the manga really have some yuri context like people are talking about or these people are just dumb enough to assume that only because they are all girls?

In my honest opinion, i really liked this, the characters, soundtrack, animation really got my eyes on, so definitely i'm going to watch this till the end.

Apr 5, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
The OST of this show is above average.

I don't really mind an all-girls cast.

Haru is such a sweet girl. Thinking about her getting assassinated is sad. What's with those knife marks?

Psycho girls.
Apr 5, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
The first few minutes were a bit overdramatized, but it wasn't a bad episode, I actually liked it for the most part. Looking forward to more 4/5.
Apr 5, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
HashiriNio said:
-ZET- said:

Ah, thx, i guess i don't mind some cute scenes, i was scared to the point of thinking this was going to be a mix with Sakura Trick and Danganronpa, lol
Apr 5, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2013
There are series that aren't labeled as yuri that have more yuri than this, but we'll see if the premise will deliver.
Apr 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
Perhaps a little fast-paced, but the premise seems promising.
Apr 5, 2014 12:40 PM
Oct 2011
Looks interesting and character designs are nice...
At the beginnig of episode was reminded of Gumi Megpoid's Jinsei Reset Button song as Kaiba-sensei phoned Azuma and told that she has a "dame jinsei" while playing with dices in his hand. A nice coincidence?
Apr 5, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
I like the feel of where this story is going.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 5, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
epic yuri battle huh ? not bad, seems interesting.
Apr 5, 2014 1:27 PM
Dec 2010
11/10 for episode 1. Keep it the hell up.
Apr 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
Plate said:
4edgy6me

sarroush said:

So the plot and all characters are only pretending to be poorly written?

Let's add words to my mouth shall we!
In case you didn't pay enough attention, I was talking about Ichinose Haru being a weak, clueless girl.
Apr 5, 2014 1:55 PM
Mar 2014
better than i expected , all the characters seem pretty interesting with their crazy ass personalities. i really enjoyed this anime cant wait till episode 2
Apr 5, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
WOW going to be a great anime <3 awesome death game feel with a bunch of girls <3 and the animation quality is super amazing!
[/quote]
Apr 5, 2014 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
An overly-long question about Haru and -san versus -kun:
okanaganApr 5, 2014 2:45 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.