Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 22 Discussion

Mar 29, 2015 4:23 PM

wish we saw more of Ling and the President. if Ling gets out alive, can't he technically tell the others about how Bradley is a homunculus?

wars are terrible, so much revenge and hatred. you can't really blame anyone
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 18, 2015 7:01 AM

Can't Scar just die already? He's so annoying -_-

Jul 17, 2015 12:59 PM

Gator said:
Can't Scar just die already? He's so annoying -_-

+1

Jul 24, 2015 1:48 PM

The transition from Winry crying into the ED with "Let it all out, let it all out" was amazing, they did an awesome job with that! Good relationship building moment too, along with Ed jumping in front of Winry (also Scar's face when he realized he was now the person in the state alchemist's shoes in that situation was powerful.

Very emotional though, it made it easier to sympathize with Scar after seeing his backstory. I can see why he thinks the way he does after that.

Seemed a little too convenient that Winry would arrive right as Ed was saying that Scar killed her parents, but it still worked.

Also, Ling and his friend trying to escape from Bradley and Gluttony should be interesting.
Modified by jdimaria3, Jul 24, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2, 2015 12:02 PM

Man, I feel really bad for Winry having to discover that Sacr was the one who killed her parents, and boy I hope Ling and Lan Fan are able to escape safely.

Aug 26, 2015 12:43 PM

I hate Bradley...
We were able to finally see Scar's brother and also when Scar killed Winry's parents =/
I like how Ed was worried about Winry and protected her and also told her that her hands were not made for killing, but for saving! I love them!

Dec 11, 2015 4:20 PM

Back story was extremely good, this episode was very good.

ED song is so fitting for this episode.

Dec 24, 2015 6:41 AM

I would say that so far the story is progressing well and I like that in this series there are more explanations and the characterization was carried out intelligently. Drawings and animations good, although I preferred the FMA. Interesting and well done the clash between King Bradley and Ling.

Jan 13, 2016 6:31 PM

Hmm so Winry finally know which person killed her parents. It was really sad to see her like that but I'm glad that Ed protected her. Also nice to see something of the back story of Ishdal and how Scar got the arm of his brother.

The EdxWin moment was nice even if we couldn't see to much. Looking forward to the next episode.

Mar 7, 2016 1:04 PM

jdimaria3 said:
The transition from Winry crying into the ED with "Let it all out, let it all out" was amazing

that!

such a beautiful episode...i noticed a pattern, for every 5 episodes there's one really touching...like this one

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Jan 28, 2017 2:22 AM

Winry's breakdown was intense af
And i just can't see Scar as a bad guy
i mean, he's not someone with bullshit "want to dominate the world" or "we need to destroy so we can rebuild" reasons
His people didn't deserved to be annihilated, and before he lost his family and friends he also tried to convince them that fighting back with more killing wouldn't get them anywhere

Mar 1, 2017 7:09 PM

The emotions portrayed are so powerful! This show is just too good.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"

Mar 9, 2017 10:16 PM

Just a few more seconds of this episodes and I'd be bawling my eyes out.. damn that was sad.

caught in the wonder

Apr 9, 2017 10:24 AM

Amazing episode loved it so much.

Jul 6, 2017 1:51 PM

What Ed told Winry at the end was so touching and true and Winry crying was so heartbreaking ;-;

Feb 4, 2018 7:51 AM

Awesome stuff between the Elrics, Winry and Scar, but for some weird reason I was more concerned about Ling and Lan Fan than the main characters, and wanted to get back to their situation. Maybe because I was more confident the MC's would make it through ok..

Next episode I suppose

Feb 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Got to see a more detailed backstory of scar. It's awful to see the citizens wanting to use the brother's knowledge to use in war. Scar was changed by this event.
Winry and Scar are both broken people, i really sympathize with them. Great episode overall.

Mar 13, 2018 1:48 PM

This episode elevated my entire opinion of this anime.

Ed stopping Winry and the hug afterwords was extremely touching. Combine that with the stark contrast between Ed's metal hand with Winry's flesh, it created a powerful image.

Wow.

Oct 19, 2018 7:40 PM

Ed: your hands are not hands that kill others. they're hands that give life to others.
Winry: *sobbing*

*ending song starts playing* "let it all out, let it all out"
perfect.

Dec 19, 2018 6:46 PM
So Winry goes to the location where they're fighting with what in mind exactly? To help them fight? Then, even if she didn't know Scar killed her parents, her aim in this situation was to help and so she should have shot him. Otherwise, the whole scene is completely contrived and unnecessary. Knowing that he killed her parents and has killed countless others and is still going to kill more people means she still should have shot him. Her helping hands has let a mass murderer get away so he can kill more people. Are we meant to believe that she was going there to just watch them fight? Because that would make her incredibly stupid and a liability. I can't believe how stupid that whole scene was.

Dec 19, 2018 6:52 PM

myronator said:
So Winry goes to the location where they're fighting with what in mind exactly? To help them fight? Then, even if she didn't know Scar killed her parents, her aim in this situation was to help and so she should have shot him. Otherwise, the whole scene is completely contrived and unnecessary. Knowing that he killed her parents and has killed countless others and is still going to kill more people means she still should have shot him. Her helping hands has let a mass murderer get away so he can kill more people. Are we meant to believe that she was going there to just watch them fight? Because that would make her incredibly stupid and a liability. I can't believe how stupid that whole scene was.

Uh, she was looking for the brothers because she was worried about them, not helping them. We're to believe in this moment that Winry was never able to kill because of her nature and Ed showed us why.

EDIT: The time you never kill and wish to do so while your gun is on your hands is like stepping into another world of unknown and that's fear and hatred coming in mixed and running at the same time.
Modified by yuccasnpk, Dec 19, 2018 6:57 PM

Dec 19, 2018 9:38 PM
yuccasnpk said:
myronator said:

Uh, she was looking for the brothers because she was worried about them, not helping them. We're to believe in this moment that Winry was never able to kill because of her nature and Ed showed us why.

EDIT: The time you never kill and wish to do so while your gun is on your hands is like stepping into another world of unknown and that's fear and hatred coming in mixed and running at the same time.

Looking for them while knowing they're in a fight to the death against a mass murdering alchemist with no plan to help out sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Dec 19, 2018 10:21 PM

myronator said:

Looking for them while knowing they're in a fight to the death against a mass murdering alchemist with no plan to help out sounds incredibly stupid to me.

If you're her, I bet she will shoot without hesitation. A kind-hearted girl who just found out the idea of her parents' killer and just entered into the world of pain and revenge shoved right to her is a shock psychologically speaking. Well, I too would shoot him straight away if I am her since I've played Counter Strike since I was small. The difference between era I say.

Jan 11, 11:59 PM

the ending song went so well with winry crying, brilliant

Jan 19, 5:04 AM

Everyone involved in Ishvalan Civil War (Or rather massacre) should be considered war criminals as far as I'm concerned. Scar wasn't in his right mind, having been through hell but it is unfortunate that Rockbell couple was killed in the process.

Winry's moment was powerful but at the same time quite convenient.

Still, I'm more interested in Ling and Lan Fan. I swear if they're killed off I'll be very angry.

4/5

Jan 20, 3:58 PM

Epic fight with Scar! Really, effects are one thing, but great direction is another. :-)

Poor Winry, but at least she learned the truth about her parents and how Scar was involved in their death.

Apr 4, 12:37 AM

Ling Yao and Ran Fan put up a really good fight against Wrath but his Ultimate Eye's making things very complicated for them.

Scar, who was overcome by his wrath towards Amestrians for murdering hundreds of his defenseless countrymen and having his family killed by a State Alchemist right before his very eyes, was overwhelmed by the presence of his brother's arm right where his own arm should be and thought that the Rockbells desecrated his brother's corpse because he didn't know what he was doing before he came to. Even if the situation wasn't exactly clear cut, the fact remains that he killed Winry's parents who only tried to help and she had every right to avenge them.

In the end, Winry couldn't take a life no matter how hard she tries and it should stay that way. She's one of the few character whose hands are still clean after all.

Aug 24, 2:24 AM
Scar's backstory is revealed.
He lost his brother and gained his arm, overcome with grief he killed the Rockbell doctors

Poor Winry tried to kill Scar but couldn't

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]