Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 2, 2014 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
That show was very nice, at the top of first episodes it was quite boring tho, but now I'm looking forward to second season! Overall 8/10. See ya next time!
Apr 2, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Roloko said:
lol @ Bizon creating Zogillia just to kill Aoba? xD

I laughed way too much from this.
Apr 2, 2014 3:46 PM
RNGod

Jul 2009
Lucky season 2
Apr 2, 2014 9:21 PM

Apr 2013
The best episode and i hope for s2
Apr 3, 2014 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
Uhmmm... Etto... I have one question since i finished Buddy Complex...
It's about the Time Travel of Hina and Aoba...

If Aoba is from the past then Hina is from the future.

Hina Brought Aoba in the future to meet Dio.
And at the certain circumstances in Episode 13 there was some scenes where Hina was a very little kid and wearing an adult sized uniform that she wears in adult Hina. and also Hina only came from the past because of Aoba.

Then What if she didn't met aoba?! How Hina From the Future came from the past. when she doesn't know Aoba yet?!

Sorry it just Bugs me....
PS: DON'T TELL ME HINA'S FATHER WHOM FOUND HER WAS AOBA?!....
Apr 3, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
wish the time traveling aspects would occur more often. that's what made this series interesting.

overall series rating: 6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 3, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2008
lol This plot makes no sense regardless of multiverse or what have you.
Apr 4, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

In a way, the authors were saved at the end with the choice that breaks the loop when Hina was to save Aoba!
A little far-fetched certain things, due to the lack explanations, there will be some episodes to fill these holes in the plot? Or not?
Anime series, full of potential that for now, goes to hell.
I look forward to the second season for tirae sums.
Provisional rating of 6/10!

@ThangLong: Interesting your speech.
Apr 4, 2014 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
I liked the final episode & thought the show in total was ok even though they still seem to half-a the explanation of why Aoba ended up in the future in the first place to cause Hina to make that first trip. Maybe they'll explain it more when it continues. I did enjoy how they showed how Hina got into the infinite time loop in the first place by showing it in a more browned/tanned out style & then showing the current situation or time line in color. It really showed how changing one thing could change your destiny/future. Also I was happy to see Bizon finally bite it to then be disappointed by seeing him return as Darth Bizon at the end. Bizon's really starting to annoyingly remind me of Kadowaki from Arata The Legend with his constant screaming & grudge against Aoba going as far as wanting to kill him because he didn't get his way. Aoba being nice to her isn't the only reason why Hina treats him differently it's his lack of respect or caring for her in general. A normal person would not have tried to force their feeling on someone & not care one bit (to actually enjoy) seeing her in the condition she was in (brainwashed & forced to follow orders) if it gets them there way. Just hope Bizon is taken out for good at some point in the future.

Looking forward to the next season/part. Interested to see where it goes from here & what they'll do with the coupling mechas since Aoba & Hina are very high compatible basically(if not completely) matching while Dio is getting closer to Aoba stat/wavelength and is more trusted by the Alliance(Who really need to learn how to fight better or at least think before they act more). *Still annoyed about the episode before this one at how the alliance didn't have enough sense to think that maybe a giant cannon can turn & fire at you (taking out 51% of their forces at that). Facepalm. If I were to rate this part/season overall I think I'll give it 7/10. Nice anime at times, ok one at others.
Apr 4, 2014 6:22 AM

Feb 2014
Raizo_35 said:

And at the certain circumstances in Episode 13 there was some scenes where Hina was a very little kid and wearing an adult sized uniform that she wears in adult Hina. and also Hina only came from the past because of Aoba.

Then What if she didn't met aoba?! How Hina From the Future came from the past. when she doesn't know Aoba yet?!

From what I understood Hina saved Aoba from Bizon in the past & brought Aoba to the future but since Hina was from the future already instead of disappearing she was sent to an earlier point of time turned to the age she would have been (wearing her tattered school uniform from Aoba's school) & had her original memory erased along with her memories of her time in the past with Aoba include how she got there. *Wonder if she'll get either of those back.* In that condition Hina was found in the middle of a war zone & was raised by Viktor & later became a pilot for Zogilla. Meeting Aoba various times & during different events Hina started to care for him. So that in the final episode when the time vector/tunnel/vortex/whatever opened the anime first showed how Hina ended up in the past & stuck in the infinite time loop. Where when she saw Bizon heading through it & figured correctly that he was going to kill the past Aoba so he wouldn't make it to the future in the first place. In the time line we saw originally Hina was able to chase Bizon into the past because Dio stopped Aoba from stopping her. After Hina made it to the past she noticed she was earlier then Bizon arrival so she relaxed some since she knew she had plenty of time & keep an eye on Aoba until the day came to protect him from Bizon. She most likely gained the info about the date when she performed coupling with Aoba.

This then leads back to the first episode where she brought past Aoba to the future & in the process infinitely continued having the same thing happen over & over. This infinite loop was ended when Dio shared memories with Aoba & saw or figured out what happened and decided to change things to save her from this endless cycle. Instead of letting her go to the past to stop Bizon, Aoba & Dio destroyed Bizon's mecha which both saved Aoba's life in the past & saved Hina from her endless cycle of repeating events creating a new future which no one knows and different from what happened in the first episode. Not sure if that helps but that's the best I can figure out from it.

The only things I am wondering now & that will hopefully be explained at some point whenever this is continued. Is how Aoba ended up in the future in the original timeline before Hina was even involved & will we ever see her original life. Also why Aoba & Hina wavelength are the standards for the coupling project/program. Maybe original Aoba had something to do with it's creation though probably will never find that out but who knows. Only time will tell. Would be weird if they say original Aoba & Hina were somehow related but that would explain a few things so I really wouldn't be surprised if it somehow ends up like that though I hope not. Well I'll end there. Sorry, if my random thoughts have gotten you more confused or added more questions.
Apr 4, 2014 10:03 AM
Nov 2012
Average series, I really liked the OP and ED though.
Apr 4, 2014 9:33 PM

Nov 2012
This got me excited for second season
Apr 4, 2014 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
BossmanLeo18 said:
Raizo_35 said:

From what I understood Hina saved Aoba from Bizon in the past & brought Aoba to the future but since Hina was from the future already instead of disappearing she was sent to an earlier point of time turned to the age she would have been (wearing her tattered school uniform from Aoba's school) & had her original memory erased along with her memories of her time in the past with Aoba include how she got there. *Wonder if she'll get either of those back.* In that condition Hina was found in the middle of a war zone & was raised by Viktor & later became a pilot for Zogilla. Meeting Aoba various times & during different events Hina started to care for him. So that in the final episode when the time vector/tunnel/vortex/whatever opened the anime first showed how Hina ended up in the past & stuck in the infinite time loop. Where when she saw Bizon heading through it & figured correctly that he was going to kill the past Aoba so he wouldn't make it to the future in the first place. In the time line we saw originally Hina was able to chase Bizon into the past because Dio stopped Aoba from stopping her. After Hina made it to the past she noticed she was earlier then Bizon arrival so she relaxed some since she knew she had plenty of time & keep an eye on Aoba until the day came to protect him from Bizon. She most likely gained the info about the date when she performed coupling with Aoba.

This then leads back to the first episode where she brought past Aoba to the future & in the process infinitely continued having the same thing happen over & over. This infinite loop was ended when Dio shared memories with Aoba & saw or figured out what happened and decided to change things to save her from this endless cycle. Instead of letting her go to the past to stop Bizon, Aoba & Dio destroyed Bizon's mecha which both saved Aoba's life in the past & saved Hina from her endless cycle of repeating events creating a new future which no one knows and different from what happened in the first episode. Not sure if that helps but that's the best I can figure out from it.

The only things I am wondering now & that will hopefully be explained at some point whenever this is continued. Is how Aoba ended up in the future in the original timeline before Hina was even involved & will we ever see her original life. Also why Aoba & Hina wavelength are the standards for the coupling project/program. Maybe original Aoba had something to do with it's creation though probably will never find that out but who knows. Only time will tell. Would be weird if they say original Aoba & Hina were somehow related but that would explain a few things so I really wouldn't be surprised if it somehow ends up like that though I hope not. Well I'll end there. Sorry, if my random thoughts have gotten you more confused or added more questions.

Hmm.. so that's how the point of view of the time traveling story of Aoba and Hina... i didn't understand much about it, but seems the point i didn't realized is where Hina Go?! when she disappeared while delivering Aoba from the Future...

The thing you're wondering...
Aoba First Coupled with Dio but the result of their wavelength is average 80%
But When Aoba coupled with Hina it became more Higher that reaching the limit 100%
my guess is... since time travel existed... theres a certain point that Aoba and Hina firstly did the Coupling system in certain time line. or the Coupling system wavelength maxed out at its limit by means that their inlove?!... and i think also Aoba had something to do before with the Wavelength of theirs but he didn't still know?!... and also it appears that bizon get older and Ruling the Zogilla... then which means theres a posilibility that Theres Another Aoba in the incoming series aswell?! and also maybe Aoba ruled the Alliance because They Still haven't told who founded the Alliance Group.

well there's still unexplained things xD i don't want to spoil myself through manga...
well we should wait for 2nd Season xD and Thank you for clearing the things for me.
Apr 5, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
Great last episode! Best one of this season. Interested to see what happens next season in light of the cliffhanger with old man Bizon turning up!
Apr 5, 2014 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that was amazing. yay hinaaaaa

AND LOL @ THE OLD UGLY LOOKING BIZON AT THE END
Zogilia's new leader and seems like he's still obsessed with Aoba huh.

SEASON 2 PLS
Apr 5, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
Well... They certainly wrapped that up. I'm surprised they did it this season though... the whole time-tunnel thing... Your paradoxes are no match for my anime-logic!

Yippee! Aoba x Hina coupling!
Apr 5, 2014 10:59 PM

Aug 2009
Really enjoyed this anime! It was very interesting, so many theories and questions. I hope it gets cleared up in the second season. 8/10 for me. The story wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad either, definitely kept me watching. I will surely watch season 2 to find out just what is going on and to figure out the time loop. Looking forward to it!

Apr 6, 2014 1:32 AM

Dec 2012
Really enjoyed this show to be honest~ Maybe I just really like main characters winning.
Apr 6, 2014 8:14 AM

Sep 2010
so let me get this straight...

this Bizon dude goes to the past, forms a massive half-earth-populace empire, declares and starts WWIII killing a bajillion people in the process....

just because another dude ran off with his waifu?

heh.

looking fw to S2, but goddammit sunrise lol
Apr 7, 2014 1:39 AM

Jun 2011
WTF Bizon, why is he still alive? What I don't understand is how did Aoba ended up in the future/Hina ended up in the past before the "loop" starts? If they didn't, then how did the loop even started in the first place?

I didn't like the first half of the episode, but the second half was nice. Gonna watch the sequel.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 7, 2014 5:10 AM
Jun 2013
at first i thought it was a crappy anime because of the name but hell was i wrong! it was actually very good,i really enjoyed it!

looking forward to s2.. hurry up please! ^_^
Apr 9, 2014 8:21 AM
Apr 2014
OMG!!!!!!!!! Im bothered by the amount of people who dont see this plot as still broken!!!! Lets recap then. Hina comes back to save Aoba from Bizon i get it. but the real question is the ORIGINAL story line without Aoba going to the future. "hmm what are you talking about tevicomaster? Buddy i dont blame you let me exsplain"

(1) In order for Aoba to be targeted in the first place by Bizon he'd have to be in the future already to create a wormhole. so how the heck did he get there prior to the loop, or if the loop was inevitable why was he targeted in the first place! My theory iis that Aoba developed the coupling system and with his presence in the future won the war, solving the question of why he can couple with anyone. Although if Bizon was the leader in the first place then why did he create a war just to kill one guy he could've assassinated without the whole "War" thing?? And since the loop was altered then the future mustve been altered, but that brings back the fact of who was the original leader before the fixing of the loop by Aoba which put Bizon in power and who was the leader even Before the whole Time warp Happened!!!!!!!

Please dont tell me its ALL a coincidence and this was what would've happened anyway the whole FATE card gets old after a couple thousand anime. Also whats with Hina's coupling abilities?? In a way it contradicts what my theory was with Aoba using himself as a standard for coupling. Are they related? Cousin, Sister, Daughter, or is it by chance w dont know!! and IFFF aoba did create or played a large role in creating a coupling system in the original timeline, wouldn't his warp to the future stop the coupling system from even being created therefore the would be no coupling system for the loop to have even started in the first place!!!!!

-sigh- Its not that i hate this anime, quite frankly its in my top ten of mech's ( Gundam seeds, Gundam wing, Gundam 00, Code Geass, Break Blade the list goes on) But it seems like the creators are yet again giving a good plot complete and total ANAL ANNIHILATION like they did to Valvarave... witch i fucking hated the way it ended, feels like they took the easy way out of a good and rather complicated plot-line (Like the american FOX series L.O.S.T. and dont get me started on that!)..... maybe im spoiled from other time skip telling stories like mass effect or even the happy or better endings of code Geass or Gundam series, but this is too much. the plot dosent make sense anymore and i don't see any way of it making sense other than the previously mentioned comment of a multiverse (which would explain Aoba still being the standard for coupling but still makes the time loop explanation a whole universe full of confusing)

I'm sorry for sharing this long thread, but as my mother always said " Misery loves company" and I cant be the only one in this mental mindfuck at this moment or i at least need someone to help me out of it. Lol i even created an account to even make this comment so please give me any criticism or help with this as possible. I know alot of anime new and old, though im still a noob at this

-thanks for reading and letting me vent XD
p.s. -sorry for my grammar lol
Apr 10, 2014 9:20 PM

Jun 2012
Heh, I knew that was Bizon in the wheelchair... though at first I was thinking it might be Dio's sister before I thought about it.

Eh, all the theories of time travel are too complicated for me to feel like getting into right now... but my simplified guess is that the Bizon in the wheelchair is the exact same one we just saw get sucked back in time... since this time Hina wasn't there to kill him, and so he survived until current events. If he's the leader of Zogilia, that's pretty badass.

I still say you can't really blame Bizon for the way he acted... all of these events were completely new to him, and if anything it was that Doctor Hahn's fault that all of this happened, since he was the one who forced Hina to couple without anyone's knowledge. But in the end, I knew he'd get the shit end of the stick. I was honestly hoping that they'd stop Bizon from getting sucked into the time tunnel as well... but I guess there was no other choice.

I actually expected the second season to be about Hina and us seeing how things go differently this time... I'm glad they didn't though, because I think this way was much more satisfying.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 10, 2014 10:46 PM
Apr 27, 2014 9:47 AM

Mar 2010
Sunrise anime, has pretty much the same formula over and over again. But, I must admit that I am a big fan of this kind of anime. Great anime so far. Looking forward to the next season! The ending was quite unexpected. Looks like things will get really interesting in the next season! :)
Check out my channel!
Erzat
May 2, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2008
GOD DAM this is really awesome i cant wait for season 2. GIMME PLS

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 8, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2013
When I finished episode 13, my impression was we ended in mid-story here. So breaking the time loop was the conclusion?
May 14, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2012
04:06 kioku ga modotta

13:57 dat DB scene LOOOL

14:36 timehole?

18:28 Reading Steiner

7.5/10 for this episode.
C'mon S2.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 17, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2010
Nope said:
This got me excited for second season

Somehow me too.
This show screamed "mediocre" all over the place but it has been an enjoyable ride for me. Next season I want to see Hina and Aoba "coupling" if you know what I mean.
Jun 30, 2014 1:08 AM
Feb 2008
I was expecting a cluster fuck from the moment i heard time traveler in ep1 and that is what i got. But im not mad, they ended the season nicely. It didn't come off as half-assed. But, seeing as their is a second season, and the fact that i dont have a concussion yet, i can only assume it hasn't gotten to the complected part yet.

The only thing i didn't like about the series was the bland characters. Aoba and Dio were alright, but Hina and Bizon lacked any sort of personality. I was really disappointed how little Hina cared about Bizon despite being childhood friends. Don't get me wrong, everything else wasn't done perfectly, but most of it was forgivable because i was haveing fun watching it.

A lot of people are wondering why Aoba still exist despite stopping Hina. My theory is, that there are more loops. loops within Loops within Loops within loops within loops. The Hina that was stopped in the last episode is not directly connected to the Hina in the first episode. In fact sometime in the second season, someone is gonna go back in time to stop Aoba from stopping Hina from going in the portal.

Also something to consider. Everyone saw the huge portal, so everyone is going to be wondering what it was. And when i say everyone, i mean that one evil scientist guy. If i know my evil scientist, they like to recreate amazing things that they see.

I understand why Aoba ended up in a different suite when he ported in the future. The cockpit is the time travel device not the whole mobile suite. What i dont understand is why Hina de-aged and why she was ejected from the cockpit. She couldn't have merged with her younger self. She could have done the same thing with the Hina in the future that Aoba arrived at.
FrostmanJun 30, 2014 1:54 AM
Jul 11, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2013
The plot makes no sense. Characters were lame especially Aoba I passionately hated his character if only they could replace him with Dio the show would have been way more interesting. I only watched it for the action which was good. 6/10
I-JitsuJul 24, 2014 9:16 AM
Jul 15, 2014 7:05 AM
Nov 2013
Frostman said:

The only thing i didn't like about the series was the bland characters. Aoba and Dio were alright, but Hina and Bizon lacked any sort of personality. I was really disappointed how little Hina cared about Bizon despite being childhood friends. .

He also doesn't care with her feeling why would she care with him. Also i can list many of their personalities if you don't get it.

Hina: Competent soldier, strong woman, hotblooded, brave, doesn't afraid of anything, dependable, competitive, stubborn but isn't selfish, isn't moralfag, loyal, somewhat clueless, she is innocent to notice people bad intention on her, girly, she can be cute and moe too just like ep 1

Bizon: Good leader, smart, honest, confident, devoted, innocent about love, somewhat cocky, possessive , obsessive, over protective, strong will, Yandere

why she was ejected from the cockpit because they end up in the time before she meets Aoba and the cockpit.
Takeoff31Jul 18, 2014 10:47 AM
Jul 21, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2014
tevicomaster said:
OMG!!!!!!!!! Im bothered by the amount of people who dont see this plot as still broken!!!! Lets recap then. Hina comes back to save Aoba from Bizon i get it. but the real question is the ORIGINAL story line without Aoba going to the future. "hmm what are you talking about tevicomaster? Buddy i dont blame you let me exsplain"

(1) In order for Aoba to be targeted in the first place by Bizon he'd have to be in the future already to create a wormhole. so how the heck did he get there prior to the loop, or if the loop was inevitable why was he targeted in the first place! My theory iis that Aoba developed the coupling system and with his presence in the future won the war, solving the question of why he can couple with anyone. Although if Bizon was the leader in the first place then why did he create a war just to kill one guy he could've assassinated without the whole "War" thing?? And since the loop was altered then the future mustve been altered, but that brings back the fact of who was the original leader before the fixing of the loop by Aoba which put Bizon in power and who was the leader even Before the whole Time warp Happened!!!!!!!

Please dont tell me its ALL a coincidence and this was what would've happened anyway the whole FATE card gets old after a couple thousand anime. Also whats with Hina's coupling abilities?? In a way it contradicts what my theory was with Aoba using himself as a standard for coupling. Are they related? Cousin, Sister, Daughter, or is it by chance w dont know!! and IFFF aoba did create or played a large role in creating a coupling system in the original timeline, wouldn't his warp to the future stop the coupling system from even being created therefore the would be no coupling system for the loop to have even started in the first place!!!!!

-sigh- Its not that i hate this anime, quite frankly its in my top ten of mech's ( Gundam seeds, Gundam wing, Gundam 00, Code Geass, Break Blade the list goes on) But it seems like the creators are yet again giving a good plot complete and total ANAL ANNIHILATION like they did to Valvarave... witch i fucking hated the way it ended, feels like they took the easy way out of a good and rather complicated plot-line (Like the american FOX series L.O.S.T. and dont get me started on that!)..... maybe im spoiled from other time skip telling stories like mass effect or even the happy or better endings of code Geass or Gundam series, but this is too much. the plot dosent make sense anymore and i don't see any way of it making sense other than the previously mentioned comment of a multiverse (which would explain Aoba still being the standard for coupling but still makes the time loop explanation a whole universe full of confusing)

I'm sorry for sharing this long thread, but as my mother always said " Misery loves company" and I cant be the only one in this mental mindfuck at this moment or i at least need someone to help me out of it. Lol i even created an account to even make this comment so please give me any criticism or help with this as possible. I know alot of anime new and old, though im still a noob at this

ok my head hurts,and im no expert in time travel theory's but i have read to many comments in this forum to not post my opinion so here it goes...

Fist of all i read people taking about multiverses but the thing is i think this situation is more of a splitting time lines like in "back to the future"(or something like that) the thing is that you cant change the present, if somebody kills your past self you dont disappear because the second you travel to the past you enter another timeline, a new one, this is why i think the old guy in the last ep is not that Bizon but the Bizon that was left behind by Hina and Aoba, the Bizon that goes through the wormhole in ep 13 probably just dies given that it opens up in mid air and high enough for the fall to kill him even if he landed in water, so taking this into account there is no way to change your present or future by traveling to the past because it creates a new time line, but if you travel to the future you stay in the same one(its kinda like if you are frozen in time and awakened in 70 years) like in the case of Aoba or Hina.
But what is freaking bugging me is Hinas time traveling... ok so she ends up in an earlier future than Aoba, ok, whatever time travels clearly not perfect so that is possible but if you expect me to belive that because there would be two Hinas in that moment in time "time travel law" forces the adolescent time traveling Hina to merge with 10 year old Hina or somehow rejuvenate her that is so f***ing stupid and this theory is sugested by alot of people in these comments, im not proposing another theory because she clearly is wearing an oversized uniform so i dont know...if this is in fact the correct theory im opposed to it anyway because this would not be posible there wouldent be any logical reason for 2 Hinas not be able to exist at the same time, maybe she dident travel to the future and she died and the 10 year old Hina is the result of another worm hole or whatever
Aug 12, 2014 12:13 AM
Aug 2014
as much as i 'enjoyed' this anime, i am still pretty confused on what started it all? (time loop) anyone who can give an explanation?

aoba was living 70 yrs apart, how can he be involved in something like a war and get saved by hina? why is he compatible to all couplers? is he like a special child or something?

(CONFUSED)
reayenAug 12, 2014 12:21 AM
Aug 17, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
lol chill out guys... just wait for the 2 EP sequel...

hopefully those will answer all the inconsistencies

if not then all we can do is laugh and move on...
Oct 4, 2014 10:43 PM

Sep 2011
what a mess. I expect (at least) that the OVAs make some justice to the plot.
Nov 23, 2014 8:21 AM

Jun 2014
Aoba is becoming more obedient to Dio. I'm liking Hina's expressionless face better. The clash of random colors were awesome. 7/10 series.

Dec 4, 2014 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
A bit tired of some of the Sunrise mecha shows just being rehashes of their other successful shows, but even so, it was still a decent enough show to make me wanna watch it all in 2 days. So for that a 7/10.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 22, 2015 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
tevicomaster said:

Maybe time travel creates another universe.
Time travelers' age and memories are sometimes altered via time tunnel.
We see young hina and adolescent hina live in the same time zone.
Perhaps there are multiple Bizons and Aobas from multiple universes, lost their memories, and are different age?
Jul 9, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good and interesting story, sad everything happened too fast, wished it was sth around 23/24eps. 7.5/10
u like Ecchi? then visit Ecchi Corner on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ecchi.Corner - Date here.

life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how i react to.
Jul 27, 2015 6:21 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice wrapup I must say, I would've liked it either way even if they ended it that Hina started the time loop again or like this, I find it in general a pretty decent way to end it! As thought Bizon didn't die and well I do wonder what the sequel ova's will offer us aside this as well it ended quite openly.

All in all I quite liked the overall story and its characters, they could've put a bit more effort in the overall plot and final episode but well it's decent as it is!
Aug 21, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
So for everyone that is confused. Hope this kinda helps.

http://buddy-complex.wikia.com/wiki/Buddy_Complex_Timeline

It's the time travel timeline for Hina and Aoba.
Even reading this, I'm still confused about what happened at the end of the 2nd season (ova) and where they are ending.

Anywhere, there are like 3 timeline in which Hina goes to and is send back mulitple times cause of different reasons. The 2nd Hina is sent back to the timeline to save Aoba.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Feb 22, 2016 9:08 PM

Nov 2014
haha, I really liked the story, although, I was reluctant to even watch it before because of the strange title lol...

Is there going to be a second season or was the ova all there is like so many other shows? I really did enjoy this and hope there is more.

EDIT: nvm, sadly the ova is everything. sigh, so short...

SympathyRSFeb 23, 2016 6:42 AM
May 12, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
And so it all comes full circle. The way they changed the coloring to that flashback style was interesting, it added to the drama in some respects. That ending sure was a jaw dropper. I had a feeling Bizon would survive but I never imagined he'd live through those 70 years to become the supreme leader of Zogilia.

Certainly another enjoyable Sunrise mecha series. It was nice to get one that took itself seriously, although after what Cross Ange and Valvrape put me through it was a little bit lonely that Buddy Complex wasn't so far on the goofy side. I mean the name was enough for me to put off watching it, I never imagined it'd be this good.

7.5/10, reserving my full thoughts for the finale. It can really go either way.
Jan 14, 2017 8:01 AM

Dec 2015
If the last 4 episodes hadn't happened I was considering of giving this show a 6/10, which is a pretty good score by my standards, but since they fucked up, a 4/10 seems better.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 5, 2017 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
These last 2 episodes really surprised me.

Thank you Sunrise. 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2018 11:19 AM

Sep 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About damn time Hina snapped out of that. Bizon or whatever his name is still pisses me off with his rage against Aoba.

Well, at least it was climatic but felt a bit predictable imo. Hina though <3
And holy shit, a wormhole. HINNAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. But seriously, it's about time Bizon gets some pain. I can't stand the guy. What's with the ending? Darth Vader vibes
I am guessing that's bizon who was pushed into the time tunnel; ended up going into the past; and aged to that wheel-chaired fellow in the present(by present i am referring to 2088).

Aug 2, 2019 9:47 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Are you telling me this war started because Bizon was so butthurt over Aoba?
Feb 13, 2021 5:28 PM

Feb 2012
Oof Bizon, Aoba coupled with Hina, how does that make you feel!?

Dr. Fermi was giving hints that Aoba's story might be true as the Coupling System uses time travel (but with data, not matter) to work. But with the immense energy from the Garapushka's beam, and two Valiancers' coupling systems, this is enough to create a time tunnel that can send matter through time.

Everything that's happened in this anime up to the time tunnel scene coloured in sepia has been happening over and over in a loop: Hina constantly chases Bizon through time, becomes Aoba's classmate then sends him to the future where he meets Dio.

But Aoba and Dio finally break the loop by killing Bizon before he can go back, so Hina doesn't have to (this is the scene not in sepia). Why this time? After so many time loops, this was in Hina's mind and Aoba saw it when they shared memories. In the previous loops he was likely confused but with enough memories of the same event from Hina, he understood that he must break the loop to free her.

Or so they think; it turns out Bizon survived and became the wheelchaired politician/commander.

Everyone, go watch Kanketsu-hen now, it's the actual conclusion to the series and explains the origins of the time loop.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 26, 2021 2:06 AM
Jul 2014
I didn't realise this series only had 13 episodes and assumed it was one with 24.

That explains why we suddenly went from Aoba still trying to develop something with Hina to "Oh hey, now they have a mindlink and she's in love with him now, Bizon's hate boner has grown three sizes, and now magic timeloop somehow."
Sep 7, 2023 5:45 PM
Oct 2019
I wasn't really into this too much for the first 2 episodes. A kid somehow evading a giant mecha made no sense.

But after that is kinda became interesting. Some of the war/batle stuff was dumb though. Mainly how the gorilla kept sneak attacking the alliance every episode. Every episode. Hey, we just showed up at your base undetected and took it over. Oh hey we just showed up at your other base undetected, started blowing shit up, snuck into your top secret area and stole your most advanced weapon system. No, just no.

Still doesn't make sense why Hina disappeared when they left the past for the future. But I do like how they said they'd essentially been stuck in a time loop, and they finally broke it by stopping Hina from going back to the past. It seems like psycho dude survived in the past though, and might be the gorilla groups leader(creator?) now? Interesting plot twist. And I enjoy these time loop paradox.

Kinda feel bad for that girl who liked the mc. She was a nice girl but she's been pushed out and we don't see her much. Sad
HagePotPotatoSep 7, 2023 6:04 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

91 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.