Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 9, 2018 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
Lead by Sinbad they were finally able to weaken that monster enough to let Titus doubt the director. It was a nice ending with Sinbad and Kouen kinda getting to an agreement and the reunion of the main cast.

Overall I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first one, especially the last few episodes were epic and I enjoyed watching them a lot. So many cool characters with cool powers fighting together. 9/10

Now let's see if Sinbad's story can top this.
Apr 7, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
I don't know which is bad, the show itself or just the adaptation.

4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2019 4:41 PM

Nov 2014
damn, i didnt expect myself to like titus this much when i first saw him, thinking he's just another draco malfoy. im so glad he got another chance to live (and i take back every bad thing i'd ever said about scheherazade). him in that chibi blob form is so freaking adorable omg and im happy to see Ugo-kun again. It's been a while buddy!

I wonder what Hakuryuu and Judal even came here for? I hope they'll play a vital role in season 3. Time to binge-read the manga lol

Forgetful00 said:
Hmm a decent finale, 8/10.
.... Titus with long hair and nearly topless -.- why can't they just make him a GUY, and stop with the girly looking.

he is a guy and he looks like that because hes a clone of scheherazade who is a female. it makes perfect sense.
Jul 7, 2019 4:07 AM

May 2010
I like how Ren Gyokuen thinks he ca kill Sinbad.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 3, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2019
Did you guys see the figures behind Alibaba and Aladdin when girl magi (I'm not gonna spell that name) gave them her magoi? It looks like a grown up version of them. RIP Matal, another one to add in the collection. Speaking of collection, it seems that the place Ugo is is where everyone who died go to. At least they're not fully dead. I was expecting a girl Titus tbh.

Okay now that's done, let's talk about the ending. Kinda underwhelming. So many things were left untouched like Alibaba/Morgiana's adventure and that promise Aladdin had with Kouen. Still pretty enjoyable though. 8/10.

Wish this has a season 3. Manga is already done. This is anime nowadays, only created to promote the source material. They never finish and it goddamn pisses me off. Oh well, time to read the manga.
Mar 25, 2020 2:56 PM

May 2016
Sindbad sure know how to be a politician with his tactics and schemes he could conquer the whole world even the lady in Kou empire acknowledged him for being a singularity, his appearance and strength really made me watch the 13 episode that's about him.

Solid 8.5/10 it was a lot better than S1 since our main cast was pretty weak back then.

I'm so happy for Titus but why not as a girl xD.
Apr 20, 2020 12:02 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly thought this season was significantly worse than the first. Sinbad and Labyrinth were better because they were primarily about world-building, even getting into politics and economics. After waiting so long for all the characters to finally come together and watching them grow in Labyrinth; it was extremely disappointing to see them split up right away.

It felt like the characters really contradicted themselves and like they were trying too hard to push a good/bad dichotomy and then have you empathize with the villain later. While the school arc was interesting, I would have much rather followed the other 3 characters. There's so much that we didn't get to see. Watching Aladdin completely disregard Yam's advice and reap no repercussions over and over got very boring, and I honestly didn't care about the characters in Magnostadt at all.

I would have loved to watch something more adventure/character-driven like Sinbad and Labyrinth were instead. They kept teasing characters but spent no real time with the old ones aside from current events with Sinbad and Ja'Far. Also should've taken the yin-yang approach to Rukh alluded to in Labyrinth.

But more than anything, Morgianna is a battle goddess, and Alibaba needs to grow up and get all up in that.
Jun 19, 2020 1:34 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty epic, rivals the first season IMO. Wish they had shown more of Alibaba and Morg though, ah well.

I get American Cartoon vibes when I watch this show, got it when I watched the previous season as well. Never really happened with other anime. It's a very easy series to binge watch, reminds of Avatar in a way... Here's also praying for a S3 some time down the road..
Oct 18, 2020 7:49 AM
Jul 2020
That was a beautiful ending. The Marga and Titus reunion got me in tears. This season has been fantastic, I would be more than pleased if there will be a third season.
Nov 14, 2020 4:23 PM

Jul 2016
Oh man I cried my eyes out during this, probs because I bingewatched it and it got very late but still, very nice. Though the battle part was a bit too long for me, the school arc was amazing, everything was great till the djinns appeared then it was meh but thankfully the last ep dragged it out for me again. 8/10 for me it's a shame the first season was done so poorly, I almost wouldn't have continued with s2 but the world got me intrigued and I'm glad I stayed around. Mogamett was awesome, I expected him to be painted as an extremely one dimensional villain so it was great seeing that subverted.
Nov 20, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
UGO WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

And I doubt we get a season 3...oh well. It got a nice wrap up at least.
Nov 21, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
Confucius said:
I like how Ren Gyokuen thinks he ca kill Sinbad.

that's what I thought after watching this, he think he can bested Sinbad when He can't event defeat The Medium before Sinbad came to aid them.
May 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, talk about a way to trip and fall on your last step. I seriously wish the final 3 episodes was a bad anime original and the manga was different, because it's for sure felt like one.

It's so disappointing when most of S2 was a lot better than S1. The theme got a lot more nuance and not just "SlAvE bAd. RoYaLs cOrRuPtEd". The set up to the war was perfect. The situation and character interaction became a lot less shonen-y and more complex as it's less of "the good guys need to get their shit together" and more of "who should we even side with?".

...and then all of that was thrown away by this nakama "we combined our forces and pushed all our conflicts asides" power. Of course, the ultimate attack had to not work because what can be more powerful than talk-no-jutsu? The death of magi could be a big deal, but even that got flipped around to revive this dude whose entire character was the question of what would he do with his limited life span.

Sigh. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I planned to give this season an 8 and even considered a 9 at some point, but this final part made me drop it to a low 7.
May 22, 2021 10:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, the final arc of the season is once again 50-50. At least, this time around, there was more at stake so we could see all the characters team up and kick some arse.

King Sinbad's entry with his cliques was freakin' cool in last episode's cliffhanger and it certainly delivered this episode as well!

Scheherazade's demise, certainly didn't expect that. Good to see that Tittus-kun is alive though. Marca's just too precious, I'm certainly looking forward to more of the two in future arcs.

King Sinbad and Kouen-sama's little mental battle sure was really amusing. Poor Aladdin getting caught up in the mix. Priceless facial expressions.

One thing I was looking forward to was Morgiana's interaction with her tribe though, hopefully the manga will touch on that. Also, how did she make it back from the "other side" and whatnot. Cool powerup though but I'm not that shallow xD.

Ugo as King Solomon? Now, that's an interesting approach. Looking forward to confirmation in due time.

Animation quality for the most bit remained consistent and of solid quality and likewise the sound department too so no qualms on that. Some of the ost choices felt a little off in S1 but I'm glad to see that it seemed to be better for this season.

As such, I'll award this show an 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 28, 2021 3:28 AM
Feb 2018
It seemed that the anime was rushed for the last 7 episodes
Jun 4, 2021 5:29 AM

Oct 2019
A very good (though not great) season finale; or rather series finale, since it doesn't look like Magi will ever get another season, not even a single cour one.. :/ I will have to quench my Magi withdrawal symptoms with the Sinbad prequel I guess, though without Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgiana it will almost certainly be inferior.

Still, I am curious how Sinbad ("First Class Singularity" or "the life that should be despised most", per the obnoxious dark witch bitch with the irritating voice, are surely hard earned titles, aren't they?) became the "King of the Seven Seas", so I will definitely watch it as well..
Aug 30, 2021 9:05 PM

Aug 2018
Very nice anime. 10/10. We neeed season 3!

Oct 28, 2021 7:07 AM

Aug 2019
Finally ended the anime now i can move to manga...as there isnt season 3......sinbad was so cool....
Mar 3, 2022 9:26 AM
Nov 2020
watching magi has been the greatest decision i've ever made this year fr
Jun 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2007
the ending was quite rushed, the whole titus thing.

but other than that, it was quite nice ending.

definitely better than first season.
9/10
Sep 6, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2020
amazing loved every second
Dec 7, 2022 1:16 AM

Nov 2016
it was a great ride much like the 1st season. thought there was already a 3rd season but it appears to be a sinbad spinoff. i do hope it gets revived later on

the pacing was off imho. it felt much slower, than magically went light speed at the end for plot armour reasons. it felt like the one piece time jump, but within months. baba and morgi became much op in so little screen time, feels like a dragon ball time capsule for the both of em as technically aladin is supposed to be op from the beginning. im not going thru much detail as it might lower my liking for magi as a whole
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 3, 2023 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
Would love a season 3. It dragged at points but when this show hits well it's just hard to top. Really enjoyed everything so far from the setting, the ost, world building, to the characters. Sadly looks like I'll have to settle for the manga.
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Jun 2015
That was an amazing finale! 5/5 I cried.

Mogamett the GOAT repented and he understood what he did wrong and what he did right. I fucking Mogamett dude, he's now one of my favorite characters of all time! Best character in Magi for sure!

I still don't understand what Gyokuen hopes to gain by ending the world.

I'm so happy that Titus reincarnated!!! I usually hate when characters revive and I'm screaming for blood and death but this is a clear exception. I hope Titus and Marga have a happy ending.
Read Toriko!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.