Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
I loved it. I thought the final episode was great - made the "meh-ness" of the previous episodes so much better.

It's been a great season, IMO a great deal better than the first. A lot of maturing occurred, although I wish we could see more character dynamics.

Definitely going to go read the manga. From the looks of where the anime and manga currently are, we aren't going to get a third season anytime soon.
But I have to find out what happens to Hakuryuuuu~ love him too much <3
Mar 31, 2014 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
Lol Yunan just standing there hitting people with his fishing pole staff.

That was a good finale and season.
Mar 31, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
better than season 1 but that's not saying much
6/10
Mar 31, 2014 1:34 PM
Mar 2014
Great ending
Titus new magi :O
And Hakuryuu went black
Need Season 3 !
Mar 31, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
Hakuryuu reminded me so much of Sasuke of Naruto dang I hate it ¬_¬
Mar 31, 2014 2:23 PM
Feb 2014
I enjoyed it overall, although it could def have been better. That goes for the final episode as well as the show/season. Personally I think this show would be better if it were one ongoing series and not segmented seasons, has the potential to be something great, however money is money and I suppose they just can't do that.
If the show gets popular enough though, I would love that.
Mar 31, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Titus is back as a Magi, "replacing" Scheherazade. I do agree with the comments above regarding the splitted seasons. It just somehow feels incomplete and that there "might" come a new season or maybe not. You can just feel that they are unsure themselves and leave that door open for now.
All in all solid and fun to watch!

8/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 31, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
mayukachan said:
Great season. Better than season 1, although it was a bit weaker in SOME aspects I would say. I have to justify my rating at a high 7/10 since it's not as if all the episodes stayed consistently fantastic (like the build up to the war and Magnostadt Arc. I'm not a manga reader but I can tell that the manga is probably a lot better than the adaption.

Anyway, about this episode, I liked it. Solid finale! :)

^This sums it up for me. It was better than the first season until the war arc. 7.5/10 for me.
I'll watch a 3rd season if it's announced!
Mar 31, 2014 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
This anime is all i ever wanted. A fantasy anime with actual magic (not like fate where mages are kinda useless) and an awesome story

For me the best anime in the decade

10/10

Samurnor said:
This show really made me realize why I don't read manga's before an anime is finished. Seeing all you manga-purists flame on it every other episode made me glad I was able to enjoy this anime as much as I did. 9/10 for me, and I'm gonna leave the manga for now untill its finished.

And people, please remember: adaptions are almost always unsatisfactory.

Yep as i said before, they are nostalgic as fuck and would hate it anyway because they believe the manga is better.

I bet, they will also hate the Sindbad OVA.
ArcosMar 31, 2014 3:44 PM
Mar 31, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2010
At least they didn't went for an original ending again.

Oh well, A-1 SHITures/10
Mar 31, 2014 6:30 PM
Oct 2008
silversaint said:
better than season 1 but that's not saying much
6/10

This
Mar 31, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2010
Loved it. Found it to be much better than season one. Hakuryuu looks so badass now. I am really interested in what role he's going to play.

Overall 8/10
Mar 31, 2014 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode. Can't seem to get enough of Magi, almost like one of the perfect anime for me. Hope season 3 comes soon.

I had a feeling Hakuryuu was going to turn against Alibaba, Aladdin, Morg and become a bad guy. Should be interesting.
Mar 31, 2014 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
Personally pleased with the ending. Loved this season. I agree with some more negative comment on the poor animation, especially when the war began. Also, although it was a war, to me it seemed more like a fight between a couple dozen of person with big swords. Army seemed kind of useless. Regardless, those are small complains to an otherwise really great series. I had what I wanted, a great continuation to the first series. I'm hoping for a 3rd season even better.
Apr 1, 2014 4:35 AM
Mar 2012
a lot better than the butchered first season
Apr 1, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
Shaduge said:
a lot better than the butchered first season

I actually liked the first season a lot, if not even more than the second. But maybe that's because I didn't read the manga.
Those who did are the ones who seem to be complaining the most about "Labyrinth of Magic".
SoliumApr 1, 2014 8:41 AM
Apr 1, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
Err anyway I can't post the image but great episode of Extreme Magics! XD
Apr 1, 2014 8:41 AM

Jun 2012
Fucking awesome as usual.
Apr 1, 2014 10:29 AM

May 2011
TITUS!! ;u; I thought I had lost my second-favorite character in the series (after Jafar), so I'm thrilled to see him back!

Overall I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first. Looking forward to season 3, whenever it may come!

Apr 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2010
Epic final episode..... Overall better season than the first.....

final episode - 4/5
series - 7/10
Apr 1, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
Whaaat, Titus became a Magi? what about Scheherazade? why did Hakuryuu side with Judal? whats Judal's motive? Leam ally with Seven Seas Alliance? too many questions, i will start reading manga tommorow.No freaking way i can wait months for new season.
About episode itself tho, it was imo great! i was really happy when Titus came back.I didnt want to see Marga's reaction after shes told that ''Titus died''.Mogamett though...such an amazing character.Probably one of best characters in Magi.I shed manly tears.

Overall 9/10, even better than 1st season.
Apr 1, 2014 5:11 PM

Apr 2012
Even if prefer the manga, it was great seeing it animated even if some times the art was unequal.

Hope there is a 3rd season .

8/10

Apr 1, 2014 5:38 PM

Mar 2008
For something with so much potential, there was too little to immerse in.

SuperSentaiMagi/10
Apr 1, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2012
TheAwakenHD said:
Even if prefer the manga, it was great seeing it animated even if some times the art was unequal.

Hope there is a 3rd season .

8/10

Yeah, there were parts from this season where the art made me want to shoot my brains out. But the parts that where the art was better than the manga was really fun to watch.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 2, 2014 5:52 AM

Dec 2008
The tears started falling when I saw Titus's spirit trying to keep Mogamet from losing control and they didn't stop until the very end of this episode. Titus looked so adorable in his chibi mochi form! Glad he's back...and as a new magi as well.

Also glad that I got to see Ugo again. Still, why is Ugo just a head? Is his body still in the flute?

So disappointed in Hakuryu right now. *sigh*

Season 3 can't get here fast enough!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 2, 2014 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
When Titus came back, I lost it. 10/10. LOVE the Magi series.
Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly! :3
Apr 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2012
I am disappointed about how Titus and the little girl are alive... I thought Magi was realistic, so I expected only one of them to live

Whatever still 10/10 series
Apr 2, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2014
Mythia said:
I am truly disappointed in how this series has gone from an exotic and magical Arabian Nights-esque premise to a generic let's-unite-and-blast-that-villain-with-our-super-powers shounen story. This screams deja-vu and the ending of this season was so predictable. I am fully aware this is actually a shounen but from the point people started to go full-djinn-equip and whatever I had begun to lose faith in this series.

Heck, if that Kouen guy had the power to create a volcano on the spot, where's the need for mere human troops? He could've as well subjugated Balbadd by himself to say the least. But no, we wouldn't want him to turn into some clone of Vegeta or Frieza. All the diplomatic and commercial chitchat from the first season have lost all credibility to me due to these reasons. Politics and super powers do not compute. We're far from e.g. The Twelve Kingdoms, to stay in a fantasy setting, but I guess that's mostly because of the shounen nature of this series. It can't be helped.

Please stop with all the DBZ explosive fights and get back to the roots of what made Magi's world interesting and full of wonders in the first place. I hope any potential third season will shed more light on what are dungeons, magis, who is Ugo, where's his real master and why did he reside inside Aladdin's flute, to name a few.

I might have missed some important points during the story, but are magicians and dungeon conquerors (and their household members) two different "factions"? As in the To Aru series, the former has an innate ability while the latter obtains its powers through a certain ordeal? If that's the case, does that make Yamraiha BOTH a magician and a magic vessel user? What's the point for that? I hope somebody could enlighten me over those points.

Oh, and I haven't read the manga btw.

I also want a spin-off series with Kougyoku-tan. Pretty please.

I came to see the reception of this ep to see if I can give it another shot, your post summed up that I should not. Thanks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
Mythia said:
I am truly disappointed in how this series has gone from an exotic and magical Arabian Nights-esque premise to a generic let's-unite-and-blast-that-villain-with-our-super-powers shounen story. This screams deja-vu and the ending of this season was so predictable. I am fully aware this is actually a shounen but from the point people started to go full-djinn-equip and whatever I had begun to lose faith in this series.

Heck, if that Kouen guy had the power to create a volcano on the spot, where's the need for mere human troops? He could've as well subjugated Balbadd by himself to say the least. But no, we wouldn't want him to turn into some clone of Vegeta or Frieza. All the diplomatic and commercial chitchat from the first season have lost all credibility to me due to these reasons. Politics and super powers do not compute. We're far from e.g. The Twelve Kingdoms, to stay in a fantasy setting, but I guess that's mostly because of the shounen nature of this series. It can't be helped.

Please stop with all the DBZ explosive fights and get back to the roots of what made Magi's world interesting and full of wonders in the first place. I hope any potential third season will shed more light on what are dungeons, magis, who is Ugo, where's his real master and why did he reside inside Aladdin's flute, to name a few.

I might have missed some important points during the story, but are magicians and dungeon conquerors (and their household members) two different "factions"? As in the To Aru series, the former has an innate ability while the latter obtains its powers through a certain ordeal? If that's the case, does that make Yamraiha BOTH a magician and a magic vessel user? What's the point for that? I hope somebody could enlighten me over those points.

Let me get shit straight: You didn't pay attention to the series now you're bitching about it.

Magicians use their magoi to create spells, dungeon conquerors use their magoi to sustain their magical artifacts. That's all. There is no such thing as factions.

There is no mystery about dungeons. Magis have the power to create dungeons, and that's what some of them do. Ugo is a djinn, I don't think he has a master and he is inside Aladdin's flute because Aladdin's flute works like a magical artifact.

There is no mystery about magis as well, they are people with infinite magoi that have the duty of choosing a king vessel and making that person a king. It seems they also have the duty of protecting the world's balance.
Apr 2, 2014 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
lupadim said:
Let me get shit straight: You didn't pay attention to the series now you're bitching about it.

Magicians use their magoi to create spells, dungeon conquerors use their magoi to sustain their magical artifacts. That's all. There is no such thing as factions.

There is no mystery about dungeons. Magis have the power to create dungeons, and that's what some of them do. Ugo is a djinn, I don't think he has a master and he is inside Aladdin's flute because Aladdin's flute works like a magical artifact.

There is no mystery about magis as well, they are people with infinite magoi that have the duty of choosing a king vessel and making that person a king. It seems they also have the duty of protecting the world's balance.

About the metal vessels and magicians: There are three fulfillment that labels a magician.

1) They must be "loved by the ruhk." Whatever the hell that means.
2) They must have a vast amount of magoi.
3) They must be able to see the ruhk. I'm not sure if point #1 and #3 go together.

Metal vessel users cannot see the ruhk, therefore metal vessel users are not magicians.

Apr 2, 2014 3:36 PM

Feb 2009
IronLobster said:

About the metal vessels and magicians: There are three fulfillment that labels a magician.

3) They must be able to see the ruhk. I'm not sure if point #1 and #3 go together.

wrong, only magis are loved by the ruhk, not all magicians. Mages just can control the rukh with their magoi.

2 is also not really right because there were mages in episode 7 or 8 with very less magoi (those who quit the training) because of their bodys. Sindbad for example have a hugh amount of magoi and is not a mage.
Apr 2, 2014 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
overall 8/10 I think
Apr 2, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
I'm shocked it was ending at 25. I thought this was going to be another unending series.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 2, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2012
IronLobster said:

Metal vessel users cannot see the ruhk, therefore metal vessel users are not magicians.
All the three things you said are wrong.

1) Magicians are not loved by the rukh. Magis are loved by the rukh.
2 A vast amount of magoi is just optional, not to mention you need a lot of magoi to sustain magical artifacts as well
3) Uhh, Alibaba can see the rukh and he is a metal vessel.

And by the way, it's RUKH not "Ruhk"
Apr 2, 2014 11:12 PM

Mar 2009
Much, much better than the first season. As far as I'm concerned season two was phenomenal.
First off: I'm glad they went with the decision to bring Titus back. I could see how some would view as unrealistic and maybe an asspull, but Titus and Marga deserve their happy ending. Titus was on borrowed time - a cruel fate passed onto him - so he deserves to live life to the fullest. There were plenty of deaths, like Mogamett and Scheherazade, so I think it's fair enough.

Few other things:

1. Mogamett sure was a complex villain. Despite his questionable morals and decisions, I couldn't help but feel for the guy. Especially in the end. Much better than any of the villains in the first season. They were kind of bland.

2. Magnostadt>Balbadd
The scale was bigger, and it had stronger emotional ties. Marga and Titus, in particular. Titus made for a nice tragic hero.

3. Hakuryu is a badass this season. I just hope he doesn't become like Sasuke...

4. Too bad about the lack of Morgiana, though. At least she came back at the end.

All in all, if it wasn't obvious before, I wasn't a fan of the first season. Like many others, I don't think Magi deserved another season after what they did to it(the animation especially), but we got a great one. And now I'm hoping for another season. Quite the turnaround.
Apr 3, 2014 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
lupadim said:
All the three things you said are wrong.

1) Magicians are not loved by the rukh. Magis are loved by the rukh.
2 A vast amount of magoi is just optional, not to mention you need a lot of magoi to sustain magical artifacts as well
3) Uhh, Alibaba can see the rukh and he is a metal vessel.

1) Whatever. I'll surrender that.
2) You're right, a plebian magician is still a magician, but without magoi, they still won't be able to do anything.
http://reader.sensescans.com/reader/read/magi__labyrinth_of_magic/en/8/78/page/16
3)He, and pretty much everyone else, can only see it when it's especially thick like in Balbadd or in Magnostadt.
http://reader.sensescans.com/reader/read/magi__labyrinth_of_magic/en/15/159/page/6
"It is said... humans who are not magicians are not able to see the rukh."

lupadim said:
And by the way, it's RUKH not "Ruhk"

Well gee, I made a naming error, sue me.

Apr 3, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
judals said:
Mythia said:

I came to see the reception of this ep to see if I can give it another shot, your post summed up that I should not. Thanks.

Don't always follow what others say, you might have enjoyed it.
Apr 3, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2013
Rip lady scheherazade. Yey titus became a magi. What the fuck happened to hakuryuu why is he with judal?.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 3, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2013
It was a good second season, I'm sad that now comes a longer break.
Score: 9/10
Apr 3, 2014 6:51 PM

May 2012
Better than season 1.

Final score: 7/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Apr 4, 2014 12:48 AM

Oct 2012
T0m1993 said:
Does Anyone know where to watch it with Fansubs? My Japanese is not good :P Please sent a message or something^^

i go to animefreak.tv/ to watch my anime
Apr 4, 2014 7:48 AM
Mar 2014
T0m1993 said:
Does Anyone know where to watch it with Fansubs? My Japanese is not good :P Please sent a message or something^^

kissanime.com
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be an illusion. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?
- Uchiha Itachi
Apr 4, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2008
YAY! Titus alive. Season 3 hurry up.

I guess Hakuryuu has join the dark side.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 4, 2014 7:16 PM
Jul 2013
woa that was really great ..
6/10
Apr 5, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2011
It was a nice wrap up. Can't wait to see when we will get a 3rd season of Magi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, Hakuryuu looks hot. And Titus, glad that he comes back.
7.5/10
Apr 5, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2012
This season was great to me until the Dark Djinns started showing up. At that point, everyone started reappearing and pulling out new powers in such rapid succession that I barely had time to get excited about anything.

Oh and am I the only one who's kind of disappointed that Titus came back to life? I mean, he sacrificed himself and it was a genuinely sad moment considering he barely had time to live but then he returns as the new magi for a happy ending. Maybe I would've taken it better if it had happened a little later in the series(like sometime in the next season), instead of immediately.

Anyway, while I liked the first season better overall, this season still gets an 8/10 from me and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Apr 6, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing anime! Loved it! So sad that its over :(
Desperately waiting for a season 3! 10/10 from me. I really enjoyed this anime throughout each episode even when the animation was lackluster and the adaptation seemed kind of rushed, it was still very enjoyable. I just utterly and truly love this series, everything about it. I don't want it to end. I thought it was pretty neat when Titus came back! His death really hurt me and was in vain so bringing him back really uplifted me and made me happy :) he became such a character that I got attached to him. Nice ending and nice story overall.....just great!

Apr 6, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
1 contradicting part of the last part of the anime is that in the manga, Leam didnt join the 7 seas alliance they joined the Kou Empire instead.

Here in the anime its the other way around or Am I wrong about this.

So whats gonna happen in the 3rd season cuz every little detail is really important.

Anyways those who are watching the anime I strongly suggest read the manga.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Apr 6, 2014 6:46 PM
Sep 2011
I'd love to see Solomon animated
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

102 by phantom346 »»
Apr 13, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.