Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Feb 21, 2016 4:35 AM

Dec 2015
Good enough harem anime. I was a bit disappointed with the ending. They should really avoid time travel stuff, it's too much confusing and not very vell done. It's almost at the level of not making sense as it was in manga Yomeiro Choice.

So we have a daughter of Kojou and Yukina, Reina. Basically she changed her past, then she hinted her father doesn't live or is in some bad shape not allowing to live (like that metal statue). When she talks to Moegi it looks like her own timeline is changed, but she doesn't look surprised to see Akatsuki empire. So who in her original world build that? without Kojou it doesn't make any sense. There is possibility that 2 daughters ruling that, Reina could be powerful enough to do so, but that couldn't been build in a few years and hard to imagine building empire with a child on throne. Also I see paradox in bringing that new fixed staff, if that timeline Reina originally comes from not exist anymore.

It's just messed up, only done for a sake of bringing up daughter from future. Also all the people were such oblivious about behaviour of fake-Yukina, not a single one of them start questioning her or making any attempts to reveal her identity, they didn't suspect a thing, before plot start to move towards battle. Also for person travelling to fix something in past to act so careless...
Mar 18, 2016 9:49 PM
Dec 2015
Soo koju has two kids one with Aiba and one with Yukina. I woder how that happened accordig to the wiki. ?? Season 2 plzzz
Mar 26, 2016 6:44 PM
Mar 2016
They are dumb, because they shouldnt have ended it like that and they shouldnt have put his doughters like what the hell. Like his main triat was his cluelessnis in love and then they threw that shit out there like come on shouldve just let it the way it was
Mar 26, 2016 6:44 PM
Mar 2016
They are dumb, because they shouldnt have ended it like that and they shouldnt have put his doughters like what the hell. Like his main triat was his cluelessnis in love and then they threw that shit out there like come on shouldve just let it the way it was
Jun 2, 2016 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
Holy shit just when I thought I couldn't hate any more heroine, I just had to watch this show.

Got Zero no Tsukaima vibes. Why?
Because fucking annoying abusive jealous bitch.

Whenever Kojou go badass, she'll appear with her catchphrase, "No senpai. This is our fight!"
Gosh just gimme a break. One of the reason why I ended up her hating. And oh yes, jealous bitch too.

If it weren't for spoilers about Moegi, I fucking hated the show with it going Yukina route with the daughter case.
Tho it's not that I don't hate it as of now. The fucking cockblock situations preventing Asagi to confess her feelings or the truth about Kojou had me cringing.
Also, MC is bland and oblivious AF! Another reason why I disliked the show.
Jun 14, 2016 10:17 PM
Apr 2013
Interesting ending to the series.

WE GET TO MEET KOJOU, YUKINA, AND ASAGI'S DAUGHTERS. DAWWH.

It was really nice to see most of the cast fighting together one last time; Kojou, Natsuki, Yukina, Reina, Sayaka, and even Vatler.

For the whole series, the cliche lines and with everyone calling Kojou a "Baka Hentai" the every episode felt somewhat cringey at times, but was funny overall.

"Ie Senpai, watashi no kenka desu" x4 also.

Glad to see that most of the main characters stayed extremely relevant throughout the series also. Even though the arc that they aided the most in ends, they're still present in terms of dialog and help. Really nice of the author to portray the plot this way.

They also made Yaze, Vatler, Asagi, Mogwai seem pretty cool too, with everything they do for Kojou and for themselves.

PRETTY DAMN GOOD SERIES THOUGH,

10/10. Hope for a season 2.
Jun 21, 2016 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
So Koujo has 2 children in the future (that we know of) one with Asagi and one with Himeragi.. Well at least that means Asagi didn't lose. Hopefully she's like his main wife or smtin LOL.

Anyways, decent series. Way too many annoying clichés. That disconnect when Asagi was going to confess wooooowwwww I was not expecting that at alll!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hated the whole "This is my fight.... NO Senpai..... This is our fight!!!!" I feel like he said that every time just so that she could say it too. Was really liking this at first, but just became a bit too unbearable. If there is a season 2, I feel like it'd be better. If only this anime had a manga.

7/10

caught in the wonder
Sep 28, 2016 8:39 PM

Aug 2009
forget about cliches and what not, that was a great ending imo

i thought the doc at the end is asagi, so it's actually moegi? im confused

my hopes for asagi getting with kojou just got smashed hard, id take her over yukina any day of the week

really glad s2 is airing now... gonna wait for it to finish then marathon it

9/10 great enjoyment for me
Dec 27, 2016 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
i liked almost everything in this anime, i liked all the characters and had fun watching the 24 episodes in a few days...

my only complain is that the girls talk way too much before the fight...they say like 4 sentences to activate their weapons like ...wtf lol

now for the 2 ovas...

oh well, not sure if i'll watch 2nd season now or wait for uncensored versions lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 28, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2013
When I first heard about it 2 years ago, I thought it'd be horrible.

After watching it, it was surprisingly decent. Dense af MC wasn't too bad, and we have a main ship and everything. Fight scenes were good.
In all, pleasantly surprised. Time to go watch the sequel!
Jan 8, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2014
This is my 3rd time watching already and it's still very good.
I still want to see all of his familiars.
At the time of this comment, I bought 4 Vol of this novel...waiting to get all of them when they are out.
Jan 17, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2015
From now on , this is my fight!
No,senpai .This is our fight!

That's really annoying
Feb 8, 2017 12:30 PM

Feb 2017
Shittest story ever

3/10
Feb 13, 2017 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
I give it a 6/10 because I still liked the show. The harem in this show was way too ridiculous and then we get a terminator quick ending.
Apr 19, 2017 9:01 AM

Aug 2014
Yes Kojou, that girl who looks like Yukina, knows both you and Yukina, calls your sister "aunt" and Asagi "doc", got vampiric power and said "mom" to Yukina at the end is such a hard figure to realize the identity of, we need Einstein here! Goddammit, I wanted to facepalm at how stupid that part was, she didn't even sound like Yukina so how did Kojou mess them up in the previous episode?!

But besides that, I admittedly enjoyed this despite the ridiculous harem that was basically negated with Reina's appereance so 6/10.
Apr 30, 2017 7:58 AM

Sep 2011
Decent series for me. What annoys me is, aside the catchphrase(Or war cry?) on every fight scenes, Koujo is being dense or it feels like he deliberately avoids Yukina's and his other harem's feelings. That's what I hate on harem-only series. At least, Blade Dance has a winner since the MC has frigging feelings of love despite the harem.

This series can simply continue being a harem while Koujo and Yukina are in a relationship yet it seems the author just wanted to keep this annoying ship tease even though it's frigging obvious. Yeah sure there's this their daughter in the future and that means they'll be together in the future(And Asagi too) but seriously, it's so pain to see "soon-to-be-couples" are still being like friends.

Once again, that's just my rant of this series but I still like the show and at least this is better and less annoying than Asterisk.

Aug 2, 2017 3:17 AM
Aug 2017
We want more episode on strike the blood .I think 5 to 6 series are made and same voice
Aug 25, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2017
Is there a 2nd Season for this anime ??
Aug 28, 2017 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
nice ending it kinda reminded me of dragoon ball ;d

I loved that there is also Asagi and Kojou kid, because when the ending song was playing I was thinking.. what about Asagi his first girlfriend is she only a Doc and friend it was supposed to be a harem god dammit, and then at the end.. it is :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 24, 2018 12:32 PM

Jun 2011
dang I love the fake-Yukina's reaction to the lewd scene between Kojou and Yukina, she's so mischievous! Also already read some spoilers regarding her and Moegi's identity from wikia, looking forward to that, though not so much

Pretty cliche final episode though, the whole fake separation, whole lots of drama that amounts to nothing. Well at least she's being confronted on how she feels about this whole situation and Kojou, so that's a good thing. What I dislike was that there's really barely no development for the relationship of Kojou and Yukina. What I mean is, there's development such as her letting him suck her blood and such, but there's barely any changes in how he treats her, or how she treats him. There's no visible changes as such the whole "I don't want to leave you" scene felt really cringy and forced.

I would've liked this more if they had included some better/cooler scenes.. The action scenes are bad, that's the reason why I couldn't really get invested in the story, the action sucked so bad I wanted to skip them. Summoning familiars to fight for you just don't really make for good fight scenes. Those are basically just clashes of mana. Yukina's sword/spear fight is a teeny weeny lil bit more interesting but that's all.

Many people compare the series to Toaru series, the resemblance is there.. but the Toaru series actually develops its characters and world, whereas in StB we really don't get any of that. Toaru also features cooler techniques.

Aside from the action scenes, another major setback for the series is how little development there is. The whole thing with "lemme tell Asagi the truth so she knows what she's getting into and will have time to prepare herself" thing got dragged from the first half of the series to.. I don't know. Kojou never told Asagi the freakin truth the whole time even though he promised, and Asagi never pressed on the matter, that's just stalling. They stall that crap like they stall the relationship progression because they want to maintain that harem feel where your favourite girl doesn't get her heart broken but it's just annoying to watch. It is also possible to develop without choosing a girl though, up to the writer.

Ultimately, this show is a disappointment. I came for the harem and still get disappointed. Frankly I do want the sister in that harem (das how u kno someone's been watchin too much animu) but doesn't seem to be the case so far. MC's personality is also really dull, doesn't help that his voice makes him sound like he's past his 30's (but damn I love Arata's voice and that accent <3)

Way too much wasted potential in this show. Could've been as good as the Toaru series and having the harem genre which I am really into right now. Damn shame.

Oh yeah, and that "Iie senpai" catchphrase, the show is basically parodying itself at this point. That phrase IS annoying, especially when Yukina is really not a very rootable character because of how she treats the protagonist.
ToG25thBaamAug 24, 2018 12:36 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 8, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2018
I really enjoyed this final arc, I didn’t see the twist coming. I thought something else was going on. 7/10
Jul 26, 2019 4:14 AM

Nov 2009
This cringeworthy last arc soured my impression of this series quite a bit. Saiyuki da.

Also, I hate hypocritical forced cuteness being shoved so hard down my throat, so I can't stand Himeragi and kept wishing she should just vanish somewhere already every time I had to sit through her stupid forced antics and cringeworthy lines, but at least the other girls were cute which made it somewhat bearable and even fun at times. Overall, a decent action watch as a mindless timekiller.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 27, 2019 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
So they weren't able to figure out who she is till the very end... those characters, man...

Finally it's over. The fanservice was weak, the characters dumb and the story just a bunch of the usual cliches. Don't really understand why this series is so popular and apparently also rather high rated for an ecchi show. I'm hard-pressed to find anything good in this show tbh, I guess the fighting scenes were not bad. 2/10
Feb 13, 2020 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
I finished the show without understanding anything.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2020 2:56 AM
Jun 2017
love this final episode... the future daughter helps her parents in dealing that dragon... yeah...
Aug 16, 2020 12:39 AM

Aug 2017
Not a very good show. But not a bad show. I give it 5/10.

Not sure what's going on with this mom stuff.

As of now I think my favorite girl is Sayaka.

ezaya said:
I finished the show without understanding anything.

Yep
Sep 10, 2020 8:33 PM

Nov 2010
The slice of life parts, comedy, and the waifus are nice. The fights were meh and it always ended with "Now this is my fight", "No sempai it is our fight". I wish they made it interesting...

The plot was okay and some of the chapters were interesting. I wish they fleshed out some of the interesting chapters instead of ending them every 4 episodes...

7/10
Dec 18, 2020 10:10 AM
Aug 2020
FadingLight77 said:
nice to see Asagi winning in a way since she has a daughter with kojou in the future, wonder if kojou had any other daughters aside from moegi and reina

Is it proven that Moegi is Kojou's daughter???
Jan 1, 2021 6:44 PM

Jul 2017
Sayaka was dropping truth bombs left and right. Kojou's got himself a good harem.

I really loved the reunion. The awkward atmosphere that blood sucking scene had was hilarious. It could have been presented as another touching scene for the series, but nah lmao

Damn… I had a feeling, but to think that Reina really was their daughter. This whole thing really was reminiscent of the Trunks Saga ngl lol. Is Moegi also Kojou's daughter? I seriously need to look into this lmao

It took me long enough, but I'm glad that I finally decided to watch this. Love a good Action Harem with some interesting lore, and we really don't get enough Vampire anime. Like many of the anime Silver Link has worked on, this series has such a clean look! It's also dope that Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets do openings for this series. It's always nostalgic af to hear them in anime openings.
AttackonfillerJan 1, 2021 6:47 PM

Aug 31, 2021 1:25 AM

Mar 2008
It was even more awesome than I remembered.
As it often is when re-watching stuff from close to a decade ago I was worried that I wouldn't like it as much as when it first aired, yet I didn't mind the flaws at all.

Strike the Blood receives so many bonus points for being FUN, COOL and PRETTY with well defined, likeable characters (it's an amazing feat on part of the source material and anime production team that I don't dislike ANY of them) and these aspects together for me are enough to offset almost all of the flaws.
Aug 15, 2022 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
I guess its nice to know Kojou and Himeragi end up together

Story was pretty mid given all the other commentors reasons like Kojou not actually feeling strong and stuff but as a horny mofo I do appreciate the fanservice.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.