Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Pupa Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 7, 2017 2:45 PM

Not the worst anime ever, just pointless and disturbing.

And the term onii-chan was definitely overused, but that makes this anime at least well suited as a drinking game.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 26, 2017 7:42 PM

Well, that explains their teddy bear fetish. Wait, like hell that does!

Finally a normal episode, great harem going on.

I rate this 4/10, and nominate Pupa for best comedy award and the Yamamoto award!

Jul 24, 2017 8:49 PM

So it was never explained why the boy had a weird, cliche scar over his eye or what happened with the weird pregnant scientist. This episode was kind of fun and light but also kind of dark, due to the costumed clerks making fun of the main characters for losing. It almost could have been an episode in the middle of a more normal story. This makes me think that the whole thing was basically just a sick joke, just black comedy. I guess that's fine. Whatever.

Jul 31, 2017 1:57 PM

I give this anime a 2/10. The animation style was interesting and.. that's about it. There wasn't even an ending.

Aug 16, 2017 3:44 PM

Hahaha, fucking nice. I can't believe this show had the audacity to end such a bizarre, weird, and subpar anime on such an out-of-left field episode. It's not even an ending. This would have been a filler bit in a full-length episode. It's so wack, I love it. This episode singlehandedly raised this anime's score for me from a 4 to a 5 (out of 10). I get why people are mad, but I fucking loved it.
kie_ said:
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".

Aug 22, 2017 5:02 AM

what the actual fuck
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki

Dec 30, 2017 10:22 PM

The final episode told the backstory of where she got her fucking barrette??? Really????

To call this show a train-wreck is an insult to train-wrecks everywhere.

1/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2018 8:46 AM
Becky
,, its not so bad to be eatn by my sister" xD idk why people say pupa i so bad, its fine ^_^

Apr 24, 2018 11:22 PM

This anime felt like somebody took goregrind lyrics, a third-rate sibling incest eromanga, and stuffed it into the hands of a 13-year-old emo girl and told her to write up a script.
I know I might be angering manga fans here, but just from watching the anime, all I got out of it was that most of these characters deserve a Darwin award.
Even the gorn and cannibalism felt like a cop-out. The gore is just red paint, and the cannibalism might as well just have been sex.

And of course it had to be symbolic and whatnot. The stuffed bears had more edge to them than a binge of Evanescence's entire discography.

The dude who decided that threatening Wolverine and a flesh-eating, head-ripping being with a pocket knife was a good idea didn't even get brutally mauled. I feel bad for the students who died to Yume at the beginning. They probably were the only sane characters in this anime and thus were condemned to die.

However, it was an amazing series to laugh at -- I'll give them that.
And in the labyrinth both son and sire
Awhile will fan and fuel hatred's fire;
Sparks of the log of evil are all men
Allwhere—extinguished be the race entire!

Nov 3, 2018 9:25 PM

I can't believe I sat through THAT

Nov 17, 2018 10:48 AM
Yandere yandere

6/10, rated solely on enjoyment. It appeals to a very niche audience like myself that enjoy anime with excess gore and dementia. This was better than Corpse Party in my opinion because it actually made sense even if it wasn't realistic like I'd anticipated and was pretty farfetched, especially visually for added effect. The story reminded me of Elfen Lied in how they were infected which gave them superpowers and Yume the desire to kill (and eat) people. They wern't necessarily bad people but they accepted that they're monsters. They had to, since they can't die and yet life was harder for them than anyone. Where as Elfen Lied didn't have enough gore and too much filler, this had over the top gore and wasn't filled out enough. Both ended up falling short with wasted potential.

The moral I took from this is that no matter how screwed up life becomes or you yourself become, as long as you have someone to lean on that you love and are loved by, that makes life easier. Makes me wonder what would've happened if they didn't have eachother. The last episode was nice how it was a flashback to their happier days. Rewatched ep 11 afterwards to be clear on the ending and I assume that they just continue on their murder spree but what happened to Maria and her experimental child??? Who was that monster in her dungeon, was it their Father? What was the meaning behind "Which is a dream? Which is real?" Was the whole thing perhaps the fantasy of a psychopath? Was there going to be a sequel or is it like @Rei366 said and it's essentially a trailer for the manga? Will have to read it.
Modified by SaturnSkye, Nov 17, 2018 10:55 AM

Dec 18, 2018 9:01 PM

The anime was borderline bad, aside from how gross it was and leaving some parts unexplained. The gore was making me squeamish. And enough with the onii-chans, please!

The last episode of how she got her barette was cute though.

Dec 21, 2018 3:35 PM

For such a gory show they sure ended with a cute episode, which was contradictive by the way. So it means the story ended at the 11 episode.

Yeah! That was some dark shit but I've seen worse dark shit (*cough*cat soup), it was funny for me especially when Yume digs into her brother's flesh and say onii-chan while she's eating, that was some incest shit right there. When Utsutsu replied in his thoughts about the ordeal I was mesmerized, like "I like the look yume makes when she is eating my flesh" and my favorite "when my meat is inside of her". That was some top level fetish shit man, this writer was high on something really bad.

I don't get what was the purpose of Mari in the story, she was a weird fan service to me and very pointless. Her role ended early without making a real impact to the story line.

5/10 4/10.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Feb 7, 4:52 PM

Terrible anime and the ending felt like something that should be used in the beginning as background information, not a finale.

Feb 8, 3:57 AM

lms if you also feverishly rubbed yourself to this

May 22, 12:02 PM

Wait... huh? What? What was that? That made me even more confused? That's really it? They are seriously just going to leave everything unresolved like that? Whatever. I give up. 2/10. Not a 1/10 because the art style wasn't that bad all things considered and Nobunaga Shimazaki did a pretty good job as Utsutsu. The show is still complete garbage.

Jun 9, 2:13 AM
it wasn't as bad as you faggots say

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]