Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 4, 2019 1:53 AM

Feb 2017
Haha, Yuugo is so predictable of course he wouldn't be able to control his emotions and had to burst out in anger at his father during the meal with his parents. Consistent behaviour like that is what makes him a less subtle and less well-developed character than Aki. But at least he resolved some major issues with his mother at the end.
Feb 4, 2019 6:44 AM

Feb 2015
very good final episode, really carried the messages and themes of the season. Hachiken annoyed me sightly this season but I think with this final episode I was totally on his side, and it was just satisfying to watch.
Apr 23, 2019 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
Re-watched: Hachiken is sort of an ass lol. This episode was a lot nicer than some of the drama that preceded it but that's nothing new for this anime. I think the struggles Mikage and Hachiken went through were very relatable and realistic, it's just that Hachiken sort of becomes a caricature of himself in terms of his self-sacrificing nature 'Hit me, kick me' etc. His actions were nice (going to Komaba's farm, wanting to hear Mikage out) but what he says betrays that and made him a little obnoxious. I enjoyed this a lot more on the rewatch. Hachiken relates his own struggles (and the struggles of Japanese society in general I imagine) to that of the farm animals which makes it quite blunt and brutal.

In terms of his parents, I never got the impression that they were bad people.
Nov 3, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2018
overall a forgettable experience, when you take out a lot of dark animal humor and try to focus on real-life expereiences, its harder to entertain and mean something
Apr 10, 2020 6:47 AM
Dec 2018
I see comments about how mc grew, a popular word on anime sites, but I dont see it. Hes still kissing the butt of the girl he likes, who keeps secrets from him with the baseball ace. Not realistic that she would behave like this and have any interest in him. I hate one sided relationships in anime and manga. If they ended up together could he keep that up all of his life? She didn't visit him in hospital because she was making the festival as good as she could for him? Yeah, right.

Liked a lot of the side characters and the show was entertaining with a nice feel to it. But the intended romance must have been written by an autistic person. Should have left it out altogether.
Apr 12, 2020 10:59 PM

Feb 2013
Hachiken's mom is an angel compared to his dad. Wow.

Aww. It's over. I really liked this. Seeing it's been a while since this aired I guess no season 3 huh. That sucks.

I'll definitely check out the manga once it finishes. I want to see how this ends.
May 21, 2021 5:53 AM

Aug 2018
Tamako just doesn't give a fuck xD

Hachiken's mom accidentally created a foodie party... everyone's happy!!

That's a good example of good character development. I wish there will be S3 T_T
Sep 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Feb 2020
I guess we are not going to get the third season. :(

8/10
Dec 16, 2021 5:25 PM

Jul 2017
If there's one big flaw to the Silver Spoon anime as a whole, is that without a season 3 and beyond, there's really a lack of closure. It's probably my favorite anime I've ever seen that doesn't really have that sense of closure to it whatsoever (not counting Mushoku Tensei since that's airing and most likely will get sequels). At least the manga's done and while not perfect, has a decent ending to it. I'll reread it once again after my semester is done and Winter break has begun, this was a great watch as usual. 5th time completed now with this anime.
Nov 14, 2023 4:07 PM

Jan 2021
This was a pretty good anime even if I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. It was a comfy, slice of life, with a hint of drama. It kept a lot of the same vibes as the first season. What I actually didn't like was the focus on the baseball dude and girl. Don't get me wrong it was nice seeing them have character growth. But it felt like the mangaka sacrificed Hachiken's character growth in order to focus on others. He just felt like a more flanderized version of himself.

Really wish we'll get a third season. This doesn't feel like the right place to leave this anime.
Jan 17, 8:01 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to PurpleMagic
This was a pretty good anime even if I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. It was a comfy, slice of life, with a hint of drama. It kept a lot of the same vibes as the first season. What I actually didn't like was the focus on the baseball dude and girl. Don't get me wrong it was nice seeing them have character growth. But it felt like the mangaka sacrificed Hachiken's character growth in order to focus on others. He just felt like a more flanderized version of himself.

Really wish we'll get a third season. This doesn't feel like the right place to leave this anime.
@PurpleMagic i agree first season was magical and well balanced between humor and development
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Just found this hidden gem

Ferrykr - Dec 16, 2023

9 by thischeetobussin »»
Apr 1, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

99 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

87 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

136 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

91 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.