Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Nov 7, 2010 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
There was one in my school when I went...seen them a few times when I had to stay after...there was nothing but weeabos which I normally don't mind as long as they know more than just putting desu and chan on everything...but yeah I hated being at school longer than I had to be so I didn't go.

Nov 7, 2010 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
No.
But I know quite a few people who are into anime at my school. Most of them are friends of mine. Nobody really picks on them about it either and no wierdos or unsocial people. So they probably could start one.
Nov 7, 2010 12:22 PM

Sep 2009
No anime club per se, but there is a science fiction club that also branched into anime-related things, which is probably why an anime club doesn't exist.
~We're the last descendants
In the line of valiant soldiers
We're mistreated angels
We are the blackbird nation, we're the chosen ones
We're the last descendants
We're the tribe of unsung glory
We are the fallen angels
Well the time is right you shall be on my side...~
Nov 10, 2010 5:34 PM

Jun 2009
It does, and unfortunately most of the members are Narutards and screaming Hetalia fangirls.

However this year most of the "Officers" are gone so I've been helping out. I'm trying to at least broaden their spectrum of anime even just a bit. In fact I managed to SINGLEHANDEDLY overturn the popular vote of Hetalia and practically forced the club to watch Mitsudomoe. I kinda felt like an evil dictator afterwards...

BUT it turned out great, they actually enjoyed it immensely so once we finish the series I'll probably bring in Seitokai Yakuindomo since its kinda similar.

After that, I'll probably try to ease them into more obscure animes little by little. >:)
Nov 10, 2010 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
My school had one, it was created by some buddies of mine but it died out since everyone just stopped watching anime =P
Nov 10, 2010 5:56 PM

Jan 2010
I'm the vice president of the anime&manga club at my school. Most of the members aren't real tech savvy, so they tend to stick to what they can easily access (being mainstream products), but they aren't against trying new things. It works pretty well!
Nov 19, 2010 10:54 PM

Jun 2009
there was an anime club at my school, but all they did was watch dubbed anime during lunch time which lasts about 30 mins and when the club wasn't successful, they tried to change it into the japanese club, but that didn't last long. My friends that watch anime didn't join either...we all just hang out on mondays and fridays at another club and casually talked about anime every now and then XD
Nov 20, 2010 1:37 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah but I would never join it, considering the people that make it up
Nov 20, 2010 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
My school did. Had about 12 members (excluding myself). 8 of those 12 people were Narutards, 2 of them were casuals (thank god). 1 of them was an Otaku, and one of them was Sasuke Uchiha (i'm not kidding, he demanded everyone to call him that). I left after 1 month, couldn't take the whole session on "we only watch mainstream, "oh, and hentai."
Nov 20, 2010 5:48 PM
Jun 2010
yes it does... all of them are either hipsters with nothing to do on monday's or shonen/shoujo retards... when i mentioned higurashi only two kids knew what i was talking about, i wouldn't mind just "neutralizing" the presidents and picking what we watch. We're going to acen this year, it's going to be so embarrassing being tieria surrounded by rukias.
Nov 20, 2010 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
NinjaChrist said:
yes it does... all of them are either hipsters with nothing to do on monday's or shonen/shoujo retards... when i mentioned higurashi only two kids knew what i was talking about, i wouldn't mind just "neutralizing" the presidents and picking what we watch. We're going to acen this year, it's going to be so embarrassing being tieria surrounded by rukias.
Tell them to Fuck Ya Veda!
Nov 20, 2010 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
I wish, my school is filled with ghetto kids and gangbangers :/
Nov 20, 2010 8:48 PM

Aug 2010
NinjaChrist said:
We're going to acen this year, it's going to be so embarrassing being tieria surrounded by rukias.

Tieria cosplay? Awesome. You don't have to hang around with them all day at a con though, just escape at the first sign if you feel genuinely embarrassed to be seen with Bleach fans. :p

On topic, nope. My school only had book club and stuff for sports. The staff didn't like leaving kids in charge of clubs and the like, we'd obviously only break the television or laptop. cx

There's one at my prospective uni, though. I'll probably join, the members I've spoken to seem friendly/normal enough.
Nov 20, 2010 11:11 PM

Nov 2010
When I was in school it was a small town school so not a chance. There's apparently an anime club in the city I live in now...I used to post on their forums but most of them were rather lame so it's been a couple years since I've bothered.
Nov 20, 2010 11:14 PM

Oct 2009
Oh god, every single kid in my school's club has Down's Syndrome, I mean it.

Nov 21, 2010 4:25 AM
Nov 2010
Nope, i didn't even no there was such a thing? :3
Nov 21, 2010 7:58 AM

Nov 2010
I wish! But, I guess those weaboos will be the most members of the club... and a weaboo club president is FAIL... and even if I'm the one to take the lead, it would be too much trouble to get rid of their weaboo-ness-sings...

God, I'd love it when I'll someday join into a real life anime club with club members knowing what "moshi moshi" really means and how "desu" sounds annoying when you read it over and over again and knows what weaboo means too. It would be my heaven! Then we'd talk about the latest episodes of the latest animes and watch yuri and yaoi together while eating pocky under a kotatsu!
Feb 2, 2011 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
yes it does.

Its 97% Philippians :/
theres no white people in it -.-
Feb 2, 2011 1:38 PM

May 2009
Nope

LottieChihiroxx said:
Nope, i didn't even no there was such a thing? :3
Feb 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Dec 2009
I heard there was one in my high school, but I never bothered to check it out.
I went to a small HS where everyone pretty much knew each other, and even though I wasn't into anime back then, I knew who was into anime and I sure as hell did not want to hang out with them.
Feb 2, 2011 4:54 PM

Jan 2010
Its 97% Philippians :/
theres no white people in it -.-

philippians? o.o

i just recently made a new club and it's pretty cool lol. idk, the school found some use to us in advertising and on media week since we cosplay a lot. during our free time, the tv is on -giving bigger electricity bills to the uni is our job too lol- and our cabinet is filled with cds contributed by each and every one inside the club. o.o

we also go to japanese class together. XD

and stock the fridge with pocky and sushi...which mysteriously disappears everytime. o.o

while some of the members are quite...unusual...some of them are actually cool too...o.o
Feb 2, 2011 8:02 PM

Dec 2010
I wish we did, the only people who like anime at school are either totally punchable weeaboos or annoying desu fangirls.
Feb 2, 2011 10:13 PM

Sep 2010
Would be nice to have one, but sadly we don't.
Feb 2, 2011 10:17 PM

Nov 2010
Yes sir my college has an anime club and I'm a member.
I AM THE GREAT PRUSSIA AND I AM AWESOME!!!!

Feb 2, 2011 10:39 PM

Jul 2010
Apparently there are like three different Japanese culture clubs at my university (I assume Japanese culture includes anime?).
Yet there are no fun things like fashion club.
Doesn't seem fair to me.
:(
Feb 3, 2011 7:40 AM

Sep 2007
Unfortunately.

"SOS Brigade"

Goddamn it.
Feb 3, 2011 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
most likely, i wont ever join it unless proof is laid before me that they are not all weeaboo's who wear cat ears.
removed-userFeb 3, 2011 8:23 AM
Feb 3, 2011 8:19 AM

Oct 2010
ERRRR!!!!
GOD!!!!
Just thinking about it makes me cringe....
Its like a motel with a rat infestation, except in a classroom and full of weaboos.
I rather be in the motel cause the ones in there are less annoying and don't blind me with rage!
Feb 3, 2011 8:21 AM

Sep 2010
Chaos_hero-Jun said:
ERRRR!!!!
GOD!!!!
Just thinking about it makes me cringe....
Its like a motel with a rat infestation, except in a classroom and full of weaboos.
I rather be in the motel cause the ones in there are less annoying and don't blind me with rage!

Yes my little brother! I understand all this rage you have! I understand!

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Make a word with the last letter v.16 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Aug 5, 2023

5287 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
5 seconds ago

» Fight the above user with the last letter! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SnipeStrike - Apr 1

1018 by MitsukiHimeka »»
13 seconds ago

» Rate the anime opening/ending above you v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jul 25, 2021

4420 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

» Say what you LOVE/HATE about the user above you v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 13, 2021

4364 by MitsukiHimeka »»
3 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

5973 by PreachElectrick »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.