Forum Settings
Forums

Why wont anime fans wanna watch an anime over 300 episodes???

New
Mar 26, 2014 10:29 PM

Mar 2014
I really wonder why??? I have told numerous people they should try One Piece because the anime is unbelievable amazing!!! they always say its to long to get into. One Piece has another 30+ years to go so it really doesn't matter. Why do you guys only prefer to watch an anime under 100 episodes???
AnimeFanTalkMar 26, 2014 11:00 PM
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
Because the super long shows all suck.

Edit: Except for Gintama.
Mar 26, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
Because it's long and 300 episodes is intimidating. That's A LOT to catch up with.

AnimeFanTalk said:
BTW follow me on Twitter and I will follow you back :) https://twitter.com/Farhad27K

No.
Mar 26, 2014 10:31 PM

Nov 2010
Because they have bad taste.

Like this guy
SolviteSekai said:
Because the super long shows all suck.
Mar 26, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2014
Because we all have a life. Shall we drop our life just to get into battles with stretching arms that I can't even change myself? With characters that aren't interesting?

By the way, you could advertise your Twi in your sig before anybody calls you out for advertising. Do so quickly.

And super long shows sucks.

Jun 2013
SushiUnlimited said:
Because it's long and 300 episodes is intimidating. That's A LOT to catch up with.

This. Seriously, why is this even a thread?

Oct 2012
AnimeFanTalk said:
BTW follow me on Twitter and I will follow you back :) https://twitter.com/Farhad27K
Well aren't you crafty guy

Feb 2013
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Why is anything a thread anymore?
Mar 26, 2014 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
This thread will be deleted to make more room for threads about how long people can go without jacking off.

Jun 2013
Ntad said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Why is anything a thread anymore?

Good point.

Apr 2012
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

I'm pretty sure OP is just looking for an excuse to advertise their twitter. Or trolling. Probably the latter.
Mar 26, 2014 10:34 PM

Oct 2013
Because they think sticking to just few long running animes are so mainstream?
Mar 26, 2014 10:35 PM

Jun 2013
SushiUnlimited said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

I'm pretty sure OP is just looking for an excuse to advertise their twitter. Or trolling. Probably the latter.
SushiUnlimited said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

I'll go with trolling too
Mar 26, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2014
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

So has trolling evolved to simply posting a new thread?!

I'm amazed at how people will take anything as trolling nowadays.
Mar 26, 2014 10:38 PM

Oct 2013
SushiUnlimited said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Lmao!!
Mar 26, 2014 10:39 PM
Mar 26, 2014 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
Red_Keys said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k
I can't believe I didn't realize what that was with just looking at the title
Mar 26, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

The twitter link was the giveaway.
Mar 26, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
Anything above 100 usually has me shaking in my boots. I don't think I can commit to anything that long unless it's 8/10+ in my eyes.
Mar 26, 2014 10:41 PM

Mar 2014
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

That's called advertising, not trolling. A twitter link would be inflammatory content to post on the internet? I'm surprised.
Mar 26, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2013
Cuz they are goddam lazy AF
Mar 26, 2014 10:44 PM

Jun 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

That's called advertising, not trolling. A twitter link would be inflammatory content to post on the internet? I'm surprised.

It also means posting off-topic crap to disrupt the discussion. Hence, the twitter link.
Mar 26, 2014 10:44 PM

Mar 2014
BeyondNero said:

So I'm looking at my homework and solving mathematics all day long, and you call me lazy? You also call me lazy for not watching terrible long anime but rather for watching sweet short anime.

Semi-Japanese standards.
Mar 26, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2013
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Seriously, why is this even a post?
Mar 26, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2012
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

Because he's spamming the forums looking for attention.
Mar 26, 2014 10:46 PM

Feb 2013
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

I'd say trolling successful, then. Wouldn't you?
Mar 26, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2007
I'm not against watching longer shows, there are just no long shows that interest me for the most part so I haven't watched many that were super long. None, actually. I think the longest I've seen is Gintama, and that aside the longest show I've watched is probably CCS at 70 eps total.
TallonKarrde23Mar 26, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
BeyondNero said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Well then, what are your thoughts on the matter at hand?

Mar 2014
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

11 posts and spamming the forums?

Yeah yeah yeah. Same typical internet calling out I see here, nothing new or even of good attention here. Its the ordinary "the internet picked you up as a troll" reasons.

Could we stop discussing troll or no troll?
Mar 26, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
Ntad said:
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:
Lord_Pooka said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Or trolling.

I'd say trolling successful, then. Wouldn't you?

I guess so lol
Mar 26, 2014 10:48 PM
Jul 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:

So I'm looking at my homework and solving mathematics all day long, and you call me lazy? You also call me lazy for not watching terrible long anime but rather for watching sweet short anime.

Semi-Japanese standards.

Hah! look at this noob, i complete series with over 300 episodes in mere days.
Mar 26, 2014 10:49 PM

Jun 2013
BeyondNero said:
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:

Semi-Japanese standards.

Congratulations! -_-
Mar 26, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
Because there are much better anime, in terms of quality and quantity, with only 24 episodes.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 26, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
BeyondNero said:
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:

Semi-Japanese standards.

NEET detected. Oh, look at this noob! I have a life to worry about and he doesn't. That's not the problem as much as the problem being he thinks I should give up my life for Japanese animation. Usually this Japanese animation having naked tits flung to my face. Hmm, I'm a noob for obviously not giving up my life and my school and a work.

Dese elitists.
Mar 26, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2012
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:

Semi-Japanese standards.

NEET detected. Oh, look at this noob! I have a life to worry about and he doesn't. That's not the problem as much as the problem being he thinks I should give up my life for Japanese animation. Usually this Japanese animation having naked tits flung to my face. Hmm, I'm a noob for obviously not giving up my life and my school and a work.

Dese elitists.

What can math possibly teach you once you've seen Water 7 arc in One Piece?
Mar 26, 2014 10:54 PM
Jul 2013
Evatallica said:
BeyondNero said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

*clearing his throat* well, you see, if you have a good taste and commitment, these long series are the best there is, you can't have as much entertainment and fun with something like a 30 or 50 episode series, these are momentarily, they're like in and out, but longer series are for ever.

Jun 2013
skyzblue said:
Because there are much better anime, in terms of quality and quantity, with only 24 episodes.

This sounds right to me.

Mar 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:

Mmmmore algebra.

Please... [insert arc name here] in One Piece is terrible.

*clearing his throat* well, you see, if you have a good taste and commitment, these long series are the best there is, you can't have as much entertainment and fun with something like a 30 or 50 episode series, these are momentarily, they're like in and out, but longer series are for ever.

And by a good taste, you mean the one who will just say "dat new one piece" every single OP episode. No matter if the 637 episodes about it are all about the same things; superpower fighting over the water. No matter if every single episode is the same.

I'm proud of my bad taste. I don't get to spend years looking at the same trash but instead look for higher quality scrap that I get to love.

By the way, anime length is unrelated to bad taste or not. I could be just as willing to watch DB Kai if its really a shortened fast paced version of a boring plot, but I have a damn life preventing me from so.
Tsun_PookaMar 26, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 26, 2014 10:57 PM

Mar 2014
Sorry every one I just wanted new followers so LOL yeah I had to advertises a little. BUT it is true, I wonder why wont anime fan wanna watch an anime over 100 episodes. some of you guys have reason and I can understand that but those who say that it is to long, why don't you give a 100 episode a 25 episode chance???
Mar 26, 2014 10:58 PM
Jul 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:
Lord_Pooka said:
BeyondNero said:

Semi-Japanese standards.

Dese elitists.

lol. @ this post, FYI i have a job and i go out with my friends a few times a week, it's just that i dedicate a few days to watch the good and long series.

Come talk to me when you get enough anime culture in you.
Mar 26, 2014 10:59 PM

Jan 2014
skyzblue said:

This. And sometimes even 12 episode ones are better in delivering quality story, animation and characters in a reasonably short time span.(Madoka Magica anyone?)
Mar 26, 2014 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
BeyondNero said:
Evatallica said:
BeyondNero said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

These long-running shows are ridiculously drawn out though. What's the point of watching something that stays in the same fight for over 3 episodes at a time? It's dreadfully boring to me.
Mar 26, 2014 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
BeyondNero said:

lol. @ this post, FYI i have a job and i go out with my friends a few times a week, it's just that i dedicate a few days to watch the good and long series.

Come talk to me when you get enough anime culture in you.

You call overrated shows with fighting being the prime of it anime culture?
Oh wait. I never knew anime was a freaking culture by itself!

No. If I dedicate a few days, I'd watch the good and short series. Terrible and long is unwelcome.

These long-running shows are ridiculously drawn out though. What's the point of watching something that stays in the same fight for over 3 episodes at a time? It's dreadfully boring to me.

This. How you all endure these so called good and long series is something I'll never understand. I even watched some episodes of One Piece before Mirai Nikki and never understood it either.
Mar 26, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
Lord_Pooka said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Mmmmore algebra.

I'll teach you basic math.

9 + 1 = 10 for One Piece
10/10 = 1 for Mirai Nikki

There skip the class and go get to Arlong Park, you need to see that walk.
Mar 26, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:

Mmmmore algebra.

I'll teach you basic math.

9 + 1 = 10 for One Piece
10/10 = 1 for Mirai Nikki

First, where did the 9 + 1 come from? As well as the 10/10?
And secondly. WHY MIRAI NIKKI OF ALL PLACES.
Mar 26, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
there's derailing going on in every thread. guess mal's boring these days and everything anime related has already been talked about

on topic- long shows don't hold my attention. a lot of them tend to have slow pacing too
Mar 26, 2014 11:04 PM
Jul 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Mmmmore algebra.

And by a good taste, you mean the one who will just say "dat new one piece" every single OP episode. No matter if the 637 episodes about it are all about the same things; superpower fighting over the water. No matter if every single episode is the same.

I'm proud of my bad taste. I don't get to spend years looking at the same trash but instead look for higher quality scrap that I get to love.

I swear to god either you're a n00b or trying to be, cuz if you're trying, then, you've succeeded admirably.

You show ignorance in you're post up there, Did you even watch a single arc in One Piece? or are just patronizing me?
Mar 26, 2014 11:06 PM

Mar 2014
BeyondNero said:
You show ignorance in you're post up there, Did you even watch a single arc in One Piece? or are just patronizing me?

I'm a noob because I don't watch One Piece. I'm a winner of anime *crosses arms*

Ignorance is bliss.
By the way, you show the ignorance too.
Yes, I watched a few episodes of One Piece. Look at me now, I don't like this mine of gravel. I'd rather look for a mine of diamonds. Irrelevant though.

And EVEN if I liked One Piece, I'm not going to invest a couple of days of it.
Mar 26, 2014 11:07 PM
Jul 2013
Evatallica said:
BeyondNero said:
Evatallica said:
BeyondNero said:
Evatallica said:
SushiUnlimited said:

Is that really how you watch anime series? Then is feel sorry for you, with this mentality you will miss out on a lot of great old series.
Mar 26, 2014 11:10 PM

Mar 2014
Elitists. Elitists like no tomorrow making fun of those who do have a life and won't spend episodes on end just to deal with one single fight.

Then these noobs call us noobs. Since they are calling us so, this is confirming that the 26 episodes anime is certainly the best one, compared to the 637 episodes anime.

Is that really how you watch anime series? Then is feel sorry for you, with this mentality you will miss out on a lot of great old series.

I feel sorry for guys like you who think of outstretched old series as great ones and are feeling sorry of others who refuse to spend ages just to get past that one fight.

I can't imagine the horror of spending 1 month watching a weekly anime only to know I'm still in that fight with Luffy fighting the Villain of Some Importance.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 3 hours ago

21 by BilboBaggins365 »»
54 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

175 by NightVampire »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

82 by BilboBaggins365 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

14 by Tirinchas »»
10 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 5 hours ago

23 by Jonas-K »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.