Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 29, 2014 9:02 PM

Dec 2010
This was a wonderful episode! It was deep, and moving, and filled with emotions! A great way to cap off the series until the second season airs. Plus, it was written by Dai Sato so naturally the emotion it contained makes sense.

Space Dandy is not what I would typically watch, but I do really like it. It's entertaining, even if its not always funny. I certainly enjoy watching it, and I definitely plan on watching season 2!

There were some episodes that were kind of a miss, but there were lots of hits as well. So I give it an 8/10!
Mar 29, 2014 9:03 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was great! I loved that new opening.

The soundtrack was pretty great throughout the episode, and I liked how they explored QT as a character a bit more.

That second half was pretty intense, too. Great way to end this first season.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 29, 2014 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
I'm curious why they changed the name of Dr. Gel's experiment from the Big Dipper (sub) to what ever it was in the dub?

Great episode subbed and dubbed regardless.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but I was happily surprised when they subbed the insert song, although now I'm curious about why the never subbed the opening?
Mar 29, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2007
Brave Little Toaster. Iron Giant. I couldn't help being reminded of these two movies during this episode.

I always see QT as a girl so this was basically yuri in my eyes .-. But anyway, really looking forward to seeing what they do in the 2nd season, especially with the little bits they've revealed in the latter episodes.

See you later Space Dandy! Or next week because I'll totally be watching the reruns.....
Mar 29, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode & great first season. Loved the comedy, surreal scenarios, and beautiful visuals / animation. Not to mention the great soundtrack and occasional feels.

Looking forward to season 2!
Mar 29, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
A good episode to end off the first season of space dandy. Can't wait for season 2!
Mar 29, 2014 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
random episode, will buy the series when it is released
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Mar 29, 2014 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
Can't wait for July.
Mar 29, 2014 11:52 PM

Jan 2012
I guess I'm the odd one here since I didn't really enjoy the series much. The visuals were great though and Ian Sinclair was the perfect casting choice. Most of the episodes were pretty meh and honestly the series as a whole wasn't anything special imo. Not sure if I'll be back for S2

6/10 (slightly above average)
Mar 30, 2014 12:20 AM

Apr 2013
Monochrome said:
Brave Little Toaster. Iron Giant. I couldn't help being reminded of these two movies during this episode.

I always see QT as a girl so this was basically yuri in my eyes .-. But anyway, really looking forward to seeing what they do in the 2nd season, especially with the little bits they've revealed in the latter episodes.

See you later Space Dandy! Or next week because I'll totally be watching the reruns.....

thank god someone else got the Brave Little Toaster cameo. guess everyone else is just too damn young to know of it, which is a damn shame.
Mar 30, 2014 12:23 AM

Feb 2013
QT with a broken heart. So cute. It was a fun ride, can't wait for the second season.

Mar 30, 2014 12:29 AM

Feb 2013
EpicboyZ said:
Monochrome said:

thank god someone else got the Brave Little Toaster cameo. guess everyone else is just too damn young to know of it, which is a damn shame.

Lol I thought my Brave Little Toaster comparison was original until I just logged on to post.

Btw I also look at QT as a girl because I haven't watched the dub until today. The original voice acting is even more fem. Oh well, QT is so cute, it broke my heart to see him heartbroken :/
Mar 30, 2014 1:13 AM

May 2012
Trebel said:
EpicboyZ said:
Monochrome said:

Lol I thought my Brave Little Toaster comparison was original until I just logged on to post.

Btw I also look at QT as a girl because I haven't watched the dub until today. The original voice acting is even more fem. Oh well, QT is so cute, it broke my heart to see him heartbroken :/

Damn it! I was supposed to be the original one! It also reminded me of Brave Little Toaster and Iron Giant.
You ruined it for me! Curse you all!
Mar 30, 2014 1:42 AM
Aug 2011
Sometimes this show feels like a lot of different shows in one, more so than just in a reference way. It may have flaws and hype but I enjoyed the ride so far. I will gladly come back for more next season. 7/10
Mar 30, 2014 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
What an end! Similar to Dandy's and Meow's episode, I loved this so much!

8/10 it was an enjoyable ride.

I can't help but feel that the chorus of Viva Namida fits so well with the end of this season, it represents my feelings perfectly.

Viva namida, just shed them, baby
They're not wasted
Can't stop, I love you like this
Namida, namida, that's right

Can you give those tears to me
When you fall, get right back up again
Let's go together! Tell me "This is great" again
Namida, namida, goodbye!

Goodbye indeed, Space Dandy, I will return for sure for the second season.

Mar 30, 2014 4:17 AM

Jan 2011
The only reason I don't feel empty is because season 2 coming this July, baby.
Mar 30, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2014
Now THAT was a good episode
Mar 30, 2014 5:52 AM

Jan 2014
Well that was easily the best anime this season. Such a fun series! I may not have laughed at every episode but it was super entertaining and very creative. I loved every episode. Such a blast! Can't wait until season 2!

9/10
Mar 30, 2014 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
god dam i love this show never does it ever disappoint me
Yo
Mar 30, 2014 7:00 AM

May 2013
Best episode yet. The episode with the girl who can switch people's bodies was a close 2nd though. This was really emotional and a captivating episode. Some of the Space Dandy episodes just are flat out uninteresting in my opinion. Most of them are good, but there have been a few where I just flat out don't care about what's going on. But this was a great ending to the first season, and shows that Watanabe shines when he gives us something more serious.
Mar 30, 2014 8:32 AM

Jul 2010
A very good and fun series. 8/10.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Mar 30, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2008
All this time, I thought QT was a girl. Sucks that his first love was in love with someone else.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 30, 2014 10:14 AM

Feb 2014
Glad to see other people thought of the "Brave Little Toaster," now I don't feel so old.

As usual, I liked the dub better than the sub, idk it doesn't seem that the sub isn't all that funny most of the time. Maybe the translations I saw were poor as word choice is important for comedy.

8/10 overall
Even with it's less than stellar episodes(although I never considered any of them bad), the good episodes were great. The Zombie episode is my personal favorite, however the Racing, Meow's Home and the Chameleon episodes were riots too. The drama episodes were good too.

Glad season two was green lighted, maybe the break will allow the producers to figure out what worked and have an more consistent second season.
Mar 30, 2014 10:19 AM

Feb 2014
Great episode. QT was really cool haha
That ost was awesome I'm gonna look for it :D
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Mar 30, 2014 10:46 AM

Jan 2013
Loved this episode.
Great anime all around 9/10
Looking forward to see if the second season wraps all these episodes together coherently
Mar 30, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2007
megabot_SL-1200 said:
Trebel said:
EpicboyZ said:
Monochrome said:

Damn it! I was supposed to be the original one! It also reminded me of Brave Little Toaster and Iron Giant.
You ruined it for me! Curse you all!
uuuhhhh guess I win? lol

And here I thought I was crazy since I didn't see anyone mention em before me
Mar 30, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
Loved every episode (except 6, but even then I enjoyed the ending with the space surfing) with the racing episode as my all time favorite.

9/10 for the series.

Season 2, baby.
Mar 30, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2012
Never managed to by more than average 5/10.But was enjoyable.
Mar 30, 2014 12:29 PM
Mar 2014
Space Dandy is like taped bits of junk. I don't like junk, but i find it interesting to watch and find something for me. This show is lazy with no points and no direction.It's like "hey, we are bones! we will sell you this taped junk and you will thanks us because we are bones". Meh 5/10 for originality how to tape a piece of junk.Last episode was ok thanks to story about junk. how this show got 2nd season ... too much money to waste?
SoLO_tHe_ChaOsMar 30, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 30, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
Poor QT got his heart broken :( , can't wait for season 2

MTM3016 said:
god dam i love this show never does it ever disappoint me
Mar 30, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
I can't tell if this show if supposed to be episodic or it will eventually have a plot that somehow magically links all these "to be continued" endings together. Either way I really liked the show as a whole and can't wait to see what season 2 brings.
Mar 30, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
It was an alright episode about QT. QT fought very well.
Mar 30, 2014 1:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Few anime manage to tell a complete love story in a single episode with the sheer panache yet subtlety that Dandy did in this episode. And I love the Daft Punkesque soundtrack that it included.

After a slow start Space Dandy won me over. I look forward to season II. Welcome back to form Mr. Watanabe.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 30, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
This was a good series, some episodes were better than others and the comedy was a bit hit-and-miss, but all in all it met my expectations. I'll be looking forward to season 2 , as for the past 13 weeks it was refreshing watching something as crazy as Space Dandy.
7/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 30, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
Looking forward to season 2. It was an enjoyable series, some episodes were great and others were meh. But I really do respect the variety in this show, it's got originality and makes for a bizarre experience at times.
I'll give this anime a 7.5/10. Here's hoping that S2 will match or improve on what this season did.

Mar 30, 2014 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, episode 13 completely reversed my opinion of Aya Hirano. Her voice sounds a lot less nasally-sounding and she did an incredible job as the coffee maker. Although it wasn't too original, it was still a well-executed episode. I gave the series a 8/10, mainly due to some of the weaker episodes causing inconsistency in the series.
Mar 30, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
Fui said:
Wow, episode 13 completely reversed my opinion of Aya Hirano. Her voice sounds a lot less nasally-sounding and she did an incredible job as the coffee maker. Although it wasn't too original, it was still a well-executed episode. I gave the series a 8/10, mainly due to some of the weaker episodes causing inconsistency in the series.

Who the fuck is that?
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Mar 30, 2014 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
7/10, will watch the sequel

Fui said:

her voice usually annoys me but i like her as Sasha in Lost Canvas
Mar 30, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
brianwuzhere said:
Dai Sato supposedly confirmed that Urobuchi will be involved somehow.

GET READY FOR A HEART BREAKING EPISODE.

I might just be giving it to hype, but 9/10 for this season of Space Dandy. I enjoyed it so much.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Mar 30, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2008
MajinSaga said:
Fui said:

Who the fuck is that?

Probably the most famous Japanese voice actor. You literally have to know nothing about JP voice actors in order to ask this question.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-11-25/japanese-voice-actresses-ranked-by-twitter-followers
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=84228
Mar 30, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2012
Fui said:
Probably the most famous Japanese voice actress. You literally have to know nothing about JP voice actors in order to ask this question.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-11-25/japanese-voice-actresses-ranked-by-twitter-followers
Calm down. First time I heard her name too. Konata and Haruhi, most famous actress among otaku perhaps.

Great finale for me. Original with emotions, a fancy well directed battle, great bgm. I just hope next season will have more great episodes like that.
Mar 30, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode. QT was and has been my favourite character, and I can't get enough of his autotune voice.

The season has a whole has been entertaining.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 30, 2014 8:58 PM

Mar 2008
EratiK said:
Fui said:
Probably the most famous Japanese voice actress. You literally have to know nothing about JP voice actors in order to ask this question.
Calm down. First time I heard her name too. Konata and Haruhi, most famous actress among otaku perhaps.

Great finale for me. Original with emotions, a fancy well directed battle, great bgm. I just hope next season will have more great episodes like that.

I find it interesting you're telling me to calm down and not the person who takes the time to respond with "who the fuck is that?" instead of googling it. And no, not just among otaku. She is, as suggested by the two links I provided, probably the most famous Japanese voice actress right now, period.
Mar 30, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
NJJM2006 said:
reminded me of FLCL in a way.

I thought this exact same thing while watching.

Giving S1 of SD an 8/10. If this was 24-26 eps it probably could've squeezed a 9/10 outta me assuming it was equally as enjoyable.
Mar 30, 2014 11:11 PM

Apr 2012
Shuhan said:

Looks like the second season is going to be just as bad as the first.

Since SnK is one of your favourite anime, your opinion is void.
Mar 30, 2014 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
Solid finale, and great run. It kept me greatly amused throughout the whole thing. Here looking forward to more wackiness in a few months time more.
Mar 31, 2014 2:03 AM

Mar 2012
NJJM2006 said:
reminded me of FLCL in a way.

Same here :)

This anime was pretty unique and quite random at times (in a good way). I love how the last episode of the season ends in a similar crazy way as the first episode did except without a freaking planet blowing up xD Looking forward to S2 this summer.

8/10.
Mar 31, 2014 3:48 AM
Nov 2013
Just wanted to highlight that in the JP version the toaster - the gruff, revolutionary toaster with the eyepatch, jaded by the rejection of humanity and angry at the way his comrades were discarded - is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka.

Of course they would.
BRIANBLESSEDMar 31, 2014 3:51 AM
Mar 31, 2014 4:39 AM

Sep 2011
BRIANBLESSED said:
Just wanted to highlight that in the JP version the toaster - the gruff, revolutionary toaster with the eyepatch, jaded by the rejection of humanity and angry at the way his comrades were discarded - is voiced by Akio Ohtsuka.

Of course they would.
welp now im rewatching this episode in sub

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Nov 2013
Also, it's nice to see Aya Hirano return to the anime scene!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

161 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2014

128 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.