Forum Settings
Forums

Manga readers will attack on titan season 2, be as good as season 1? Or even better?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 26, 2014 8:55 AM

Feb 2014
Please. No manga spoilers. Since I don't read the manga. I am just wondering if season 2 will be good as season 1. Or am I waiting for a disappointing season 2? Usually a sequel of a series is not as good as the first season. So should I be hype for season 2?
If I should believe in God. I should also believe in the tooth fairy. The bible is man made. It was Made by bearded men to try and control people with their beliefs. Off topic. No anime can even come close to Nana. :P

Mar 26, 2014 9:19 AM
Mar 2014
I think the overall quality will depend on the animations, soundtrack, productions and shit, but storywise, you definitely won't be let down. Holy-shit shits just keep coming after one another like the story's on diarrhea or something. Isayama's clearly not constipated when it comes to giving shit in the story.

And in the context of the manga, I won't say season 2's like a sequel to season 1. It's more like the story's just randomly cut in half (but the producers of the anime made this first half more conclusive ish as opposed to how it is in the manga) and the second half's just missing. I don't even know what I'm saying but yeah.

So hopefully if the animations and bla continue being as great, if not better, season 2 will be even 'better' than season 1. (But IMO it's mainly just the story's that good)
helloworIdMar 26, 2014 9:25 AM
Mar 26, 2014 9:24 AM

Jun 2009
Personal opinion: Yes, season 2 will be even better than the first one. I really don't want to spoiler you, so I'll only tell you 5 reason why I think you will enjoy season 2:

1. You will get finally a lot of answers and there are some really nice twists.

2. A bunch of side characters will step forward and play a larger role.

3. Lots of character developement going on. Not for everyone, sadly, but for the most characters.

4. Lots of action and also lots of dialogue, epic battles and epic politics in one season.

5. There are many chapters with very good cliffhangers which will keep you thrilled throughout the whole season. So I really hope they will make good use of it and avoid boring the audience to tears like they did during the "female titan arc" (forest, anyone? The whole cut, cut, flashback, cut, etc. crap made me really angry back then).

So yeah, season 2 will be great.
Mar 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2013
Season 2 will be a lot better because

1)Grander battles
2)Multiple shifter battles
2)Politics will come into play
3)More plot twists
4)More mysteries
5)Most titan slaying up to now
6)Characters motives and stories revealed giving a bigger picture as to what is and why its happening
7)Armin trap
8)Possibly better animation
9)More MINDBLOWING osts(?)
10)Characters become lovable for those that bashed it during s1
11)ITS FKIN SHINGEKI,HOW DO YOU EXPECT IT TO FAIL AT ANYTHING?
Taimanin_IreliaMar 26, 2014 9:34 AM
Mar 26, 2014 9:43 AM

Feb 2014
Oh, thanks guys!! The reason why I made this topic was because a few person that read the manga were saying that the second season will mostly be dialogue heavy, they said it wont be about titans but humans, with little bit of action. So I'm relieved and my hype is back up!! also I heard another episode will be out next month. I think it's a special episode.
If I should believe in God. I should also believe in the tooth fairy. The bible is man made. It was Made by bearded men to try and control people with their beliefs. Off topic. No anime can even come close to Nana. :P

Mar 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah IMO it's going to be even better because the story branches out in several new directions, also some characters will get major roles and development, more plot twists and in general awesomness.
Mar 26, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
FrozenRemains said:
Season 2 will be a lot better because

1)Grander battles
2)Multiple shifter battles
2)Politics will come into play
3)More plot twists
4)More mysteries
5)Most titan slaying up to now
6)Characters motives and stories revealed giving a bigger picture as to what is and why its happening
7)Armin trap
8)Possibly better animation
9)More MINDBLOWING osts(?)
10)Characters become lovable for those that bashed it during s1
11)ITS FKIN SHINGEKI,HOW DO YOU EXPECT IT TO FAIL AT ANYTHING?

^ THIS THIS THIS
Mar 26, 2014 11:07 PM

Oct 2013
It will be better because it gives focus to some of the characters that were kinda pushed aside in the first season. Lots of cool stuff. It's gonna be good. Though it will be a different tone than the first season, some people may or may not like it.

This is of course assuming the anime doesn't try to take liberties and change stuff like they did near the end of season one. I hope they don't try to change the source material this time around. It's good enough as it is.
Mar 27, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2011
Though there will be long dialogs they are intresting and have lots of importan information. I usually get easily bored with long dialogs but these weren't like that at all.
Mar 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
It depends on the person. The 1st half of season 2 will be pure nonstop action. And I friggin mean nonstop for like 13 episodes. But the latter half will be world-building discussion with very few and short action moments. Regardless, its been awesome to read so itll awesome to watch.
Mar 27, 2014 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
When does Season 2 start?
Mar 27, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
2015+,same with the live action.
Mar 27, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2014
FrozenRemains said:

Wait, has it really been confirmed it's going to be next year or is it still just a speculation..?
Mar 27, 2014 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
pwnagekitten said:
FrozenRemains said:

Wait, has it really been confirmed it's going to be next year or is it still just a speculation..?

Yep. They confirmed that there will be a season 2. but they didn't say when. But from what they said they are still working on attack on titan specials and ova this year. So I'll say it will be out in about summer 2015. Since they said season 1 took 6 month to make.
Mar 27, 2014 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
pwnagekitten said:
FrozenRemains said:

Yep. They confirmed that there will be a season 2. but they didn't say when. But from what they said they are still working on attack on titan specials and ova this year. So I'll say it will be out in about summer 2015. Since they said season 1 took 6 month to make.

Yeah I know that there will be a 2nd season but the post sounded to me like the studio confirmed when it's going to air ;)

Till then specials and OVA I guess. OVA is in few weeks!
Mar 27, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
pwnagekitten said:
keragamming said:
pwnagekitten said:
FrozenRemains said:

Yeah I know that there will be a 2nd season but the post sounded to me like the studio confirmed when it's going to air ;)

Till then specials and OVA I guess. OVA is in few weeks!

After reading this article. It's painfully obvious we will be getting a season 2 in 2015. The fans are already demanding it and also attack on titan is selling well. like merchandise and so on. http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/01/31/attack-on-titans-studio-head-talks-sequels-keys-to-the-hit-animes-success/
Mar 28, 2014 3:23 AM

Oct 2013
One thing i dont understand is nobody is saying a word about the live action thats also coming out in 2015.Come on,where is the hypu.
Mar 31, 2014 7:03 AM

Oct 2013
You'll enjoy the second season if you like plot twists, mystery and a lot of brain work.
If you just like blood and killing, well, you could be a little disappointed...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.