Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 16, 2019 4:49 PM
May 2018
its not done yet. so many stuffs havent been resolved. and if harutora kissed natsume then is it settled that harutora chose natsume instead of others? another 12 eps of this anime would fit! and have a decent ending. the ending here isnt good tbh.lots of loopholes but still i like happy endings therefore 8/10

ps hope for s2!!! even all these years!!!
May 30, 2019 5:10 PM

Aug 2008
Tbh I found much of this show to be incredibly average with a stupid earnest MC and standard harem cliches and relationship drama that dragged the show down. Had a good core but what was built around it was very flabby. When the climax came though, the final six or so episodes Tokyo Ravens really picked up, stuck with fast moving plot and action and was much improved. I was going to give a 5/10 but will instead get to 6.8/10 or so, not sure even the improvement at the end can get me to a 7 especially as there is no conclusion as of yet.
Aug 11, 2019 2:28 AM

Nov 2009
Have to agree with the above about harem cliches and stupid relationship drama dragging the show down, those were definitely the weakest elements at times almost ruining the experience with their naive unoriginality. The show's world of onmyou though is quite rich and interesting and I wish they explored it more and didn't center it all around its weakest element which is the teen romance between relatives.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 12, 2020 12:46 AM

Oct 2012
im readlly sad that anime like this never get 2nd seasons so you never know wut happens. wut happened with the LNs?
Feb 6, 2020 7:53 AM
Mar 2018
This was the anime that got me into watching more anime. Recently rewatched and have a much higher appreciation for it than I did when I first watched it. Really wish it would've gotten a second season or an update and translation to the ln.
Feb 10, 2020 11:16 PM
Jun 12, 2020 4:53 AM

Jan 2020
Surprised this anime isn't more popular. It's really good with an interesting plot that twists and turns. Really hope it's gets more demand as with 7 other LN surely there's enough to produce a S2.
Sep 14, 2020 11:54 AM

May 2020
Love the whole show it is interesting. How they put the fight scene greatly. Natsume finally alive and ending was smoothly. Harutora aka Yakou should be powerful. Friend fist is great. 9/10
Sep 26, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2019
I'm a sucker for magic that is grounded in real life seeing as Index is my favorite series of all time. So this one intrigued me. Index never covered onmyoudou magic before so I was hoping to know about it here. Well I did learn something but because the plot felt rushed I barely learned anything. Can't really blame it because of time constraints. Overall, I enjoyed it. I finished this pretty quickly, just to show how engaging this show was. Cliffhanger ending but it doesn't matter since I'm an avid LN reader.

7.7, round it off and you'll get an 8. Will definitely read the light novel.
Jan 26, 2021 6:47 AM

Dec 2012
WOW.
Still no Season 2?

Feb 27, 2021 10:41 PM
Dec 2020
Bro I love this anime. All the Main characters were great and I enjoyed the whole story. There’s still more content after and I need to find out how it ends still a lot of unknowns but the way they ended it was an open end. Either way 10/10 for me.
May 18, 2021 10:36 PM

Apr 2014
finally got to see this all the way through

pretty much remembered this series because was going through youtube and happened to come across a video about Kon and man am i glad i found it cause this was well worth the watch and having me wanting a season 2 if it ever happens .... kinda sad even after all these years still nothing but who knows could be surprised at some point ...maybe?

but yeah i enjoyed this series

also Kon Best girl all the way through also loved Suzuka these 2 my faves of the series

"one step at a time"
Sep 12, 2021 3:07 PM
Jul 2021
Trash ending, trash that he didn't say he loved her back even though they played it up like she wanted the answer and MIGHT actually get it. But at least they got a kiss, but then he leaves and he's not even himself anymore? No wonder it didn't get a season 2. Who wants to see a second season about a character that's not even the MC anymore. And if he is himself they didn't make it seem that way to me. And WORST of all they didn't even show the ritual! They could have showed all that stuff, and how she had to be part something else to make it work, it would have been a big emotional moment and they just skipped over it.
Sep 13, 2021 3:41 AM

Jan 2017
DKDiabloLicht said:
Who wants to see a second season about a character that's not even the MC anymore. [...]
And if he is himself they didn't make it seem that way to me. [...]
And WORST of all they didn't even show the ritual!

Actually , a lot of person were way more intrigued by Yakou than Harutora , which seems like the cliché of Shounen protagonist.

For the "himself anymore" and the "show the ritual" , it's done on purpose , and it's answered in the second part of the story , which hasn't been adapted yet.
The thing is that the Anime/Manga (Adapting Light Novel Volume 01-09) is only the 1st part of the story , while Light Novel Volume 10-16+ is the 2nd.
They are slightly different in tone , and Natsume become the protagonist in this second part instead of Harutora.

Taking only the ending of the 1st part , it seems like a weird ending , but since it's not one... it's just the end of an "arc" in the complete story.
Alexioos95Sep 13, 2021 3:44 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 13, 2021 7:54 AM
Jul 2021
Alexioos95 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
Who wants to see a second season about a character that's not even the MC anymore. [...]
And if he is himself they didn't make it seem that way to me. [...]
And WORST of all they didn't even show the ritual!

Actually , a lot of person were way more intrigued by Yakou than Harutora , which seems like the cliché of Shounen protagonist.

For the "himself anymore" and the "show the ritual" , it's done on purpose , and it's answered in the second part of the story , which hasn't been adapted yet.
The thing is that the Anime/Manga (Adapting Light Novel Volume 01-09) is only the 1st part of the story , while Light Novel Volume 10-16+ is the 2nd.
They are slightly different in tone , and Natsume become the protagonist in this second part instead of Harutora.

Taking only the ending of the 1st part , it seems like a weird ending , but since it's not one... it's just the end of an "arc" in the complete story.

Yeah but they definitely should have wrapped it up a little better, and I really feel like the ritual to bring her back would have been nice since they made such a big deal about it. And I do love OP protagonists so having him be the other guy would have been interesting but I've grown accustomed to Stupid Tora lol, so to have him seemingly gone or blended is kinda weird. Also I saw this Anime on Top 10 List with OP MCs, and I was waiting the WHOLE time for him to be OP! Lmao, and then he basically does it for two seconds and off screen. Although that Suit was good with the Raven Coat. Is the LN good?
Sep 13, 2021 8:08 AM

Jan 2017
DKDiabloLicht said:
Also I saw this Anime on Top 10 List with OP MCs, and I was waiting the WHOLE time for him to be OP! Lmao, and then he basically does it for two seconds and off screen. [...] Is the LN good?

I personally don't think trusting "Top 10 List of X in Anime !" is a good idea , but welp... (He's incredibly OP in the 2nd part of the story tho , even if we don't see him much)

The LN is very good , but is it much better than the Anime to the point where you'll like it even if you didn't liked much the Anime... ? I don't think so.
(Plus even if i love it , i'm already a fan of the Anime so i'll probably be biased)

Even if the events/fights gets crazier in the 2nd part , it's overall slower , so you may not even like it.

If you liked the Anime , or are curious about what happens after , go ahead and read the LN. (Or a summary of it)
If you didn't liked that much the Anime , i'll say to go for another serie.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 4, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2015
A bit vague ending. By "technically", I guess they wanted to leave it ambitious.

Dec 12, 2022 12:05 AM
Dec 2022
it was ok, not very intresting very slow development, and the story is ok
Dec 17, 2022 8:04 AM
Jan 2019
This anime has been quite a rollercoaster, especially in the final episode. Ending is bit disappointing imo, it's great that Harutora could revive Natsume but he left her after they confessed...But after all that happened maybe it's normal that nothing can be the way it was before.
May 13, 2023 10:46 AM
Oct 2011
um dos melhores do genero
May 28, 2023 11:06 AM
Apr 2020
10 years waiting S2
I'm a penciller (comic & manga artist) and I love Gunpla & scratch build.
My best work in scratch, Kaneda bike
..._ _ _...

Click 👆 to see my profile
May 29, 2023 12:05 AM

Jan 2017
Guthem said:
10 years waiting S2

There most probably won't ever be.

The Light Novel should finish in 1 or 2 Volumes , but it has been on Hiatus for more than 5 years now.
There is not enough material for 24 Episodes , anyway.

If you want the continuation , simply read the Light Novel.
Alexioos95May 30, 2023 8:38 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM
Dec 2021
i loved it ppogchamp
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

214 by Marthym »»
Aug 28, 2022 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.