Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Feb 15, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this show. Liked the action and an okay ending. The ending was not very clear for non LN readers though..

8/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 16, 2015 2:08 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, I loved that ending in all ways
But some things were left annoyingly unclear to me, I guess I'll just search for answers from this thread. So what does the "technical" success in the ritual mean? Obviously things didn't go quite perfectly but not completely wrong either... And in the end, it seems Yakou indeed awakened but... is still our good old Harutora at the same time? Sort of like they are the same person with combined memories/experiences? Ugh, idk, that's how it feels anyway :o
Mar 2, 2015 3:13 PM
Feb 2015
From what I've heard from quite a few people is that although Natsume was revived she was only able to be reincarnated like Yakou, so he will see her again when she grows up and regains her memories. At least that's the best response I've heard so far.
Mar 20, 2015 3:40 AM

Aug 2010
What was that ending???? So vague...I need a season 2!!!!

So Kon and that guy are his 2 familiars! And It looks like Harutora paid the 'price' with his eye? (price for the awakening ritual I mean). Wonder if this means he has fully awaken yet and has gotten his memories and stuff? He acts quite differently (in a more calm way), so I suppose he has? :/

Wonder what's with the "technically" answer Suzu gave? Though it's good to know they're alive...though "technically"

Man, I would've loved to see some Harutora badassery with his 2 familiars but too bad it ended there! I wonder where they are going, what are they going to do next. What about the others like Touji, Kyouko, Suzuka and Touma? Is he not going to attend school, so does it mean their 'happy schooling days' are over? I'm kinda sad about that..

This series is better than what I had initially thought (after watching the first episode), I'm glad I watched this through the end (though now im dying for a second season, onegaishimasu)!
blue-yMar 20, 2015 3:45 AM
Apr 13, 2015 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
Kooooonnnnnn! I really like her new form! So she's Hishamaru, one of Yakou's Shikigami. I don't know if it was revealed earlier but Kakugyouki is also Yakou's shikigami. I don't know how that went over my head. It just hit me now.

So both Natusme and Harutora alive "kind of." What does Suzu mean by that?!

Looks like Harutora(Yakou?) became a wanderer at the end. Also got a eyepatch in the process. It looks like his friends are going to looks for him by the looks of it.

I think that was a great way to end it. I would love a second season once there is enough material to animate. I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. None of the epiosdes felt long at least for me.
Apr 26, 2015 4:05 PM
Apr 2015
How come on kiss anime they have a episode 25 that hasn't released yet?
Apr 28, 2015 7:55 PM

Nov 2014
Prays for a second season-
Apr 30, 2015 8:45 PM

Nov 2014
babymilo91 said:
Kon was freaking awesome. Harutora and Natsume kissing at the end :)

Now I'm confused as to what Harutora is doing at the end. Wish there was a second season of this.
Heh, Harutora and Natsume kissing at the end was great and I too wonder what Harutora was doing at the end. Definitely wish they had season 2, though it seems that they don't have enough content to cover.
May 23, 2015 5:40 AM

Jan 2012
Yoko is awake .
Any chance for season 2,it's just that right after that end is when the real story should begin,time to read novels.

May 23, 2015 7:12 AM
Apr 2011
the 2nd half just blew me away!
May 24, 2015 8:53 PM

Dec 2010
Very enjoyable anime..but the ending felt rushed at times,mainly in the last few minutes..9/10(finished it a year ago)..
Mim
May 31, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
[SIZE=150]SEASON 2 PLZ[/SIZE]
Jun 2, 2015 1:08 PM

Dec 2014
wow...jin just made doman his familiar(considering the risk ofcourse)...but still that shows how serious the matter is going to be(if a 2nd season is going to come)...

Jun 15, 2015 10:17 PM

Jun 2013
Well, I rushed through that too quickly, gonna have that void aftereffect. I loved the characters in this show, I just wish that there was more screen time for some of them.

Still, the series ended without answering the most important question...
WHAT WAS IN NATSUME'S CLOSET?!?
But seriously, not quite clear on what happened at the end.
Was Natsume actually revived?
Why did Harutora leave and where's he going to?
Then there's Suzu, I want some more background on her and her motives.

Overall, definitely one of the better series I've seen in recent times.
Jun 27, 2015 8:41 AM
Jun 2015
I just love the new (old look of kon)
And one eyed HARUTORA is not bad i hope the season 2 will be soon coming dubbed in english ^^
Jul 3, 2015 7:29 PM
Jul 2011
Good episode lots of twists and turns, we even got the coveted kiss but still; I'm bothered by that ending. I don't mind open endings but the fact Harutora left like so is kind of odd and you can't help but wonder what's the deal?! Has the resurrection been done properly or is it Harutora who needs to distance himself b/c of his past self?! So this lack of clarity and all these questions kind of eat away a bit my fun/enjoyment of the episode. I guess I'll have to read the manga to feel at ease. For those who have read the manga, I'll be grateful if you can advise me from which chapter should I start to read?

PS:The new Kon is an absolute babe, he should ask her how her tail works again :D
Jul 11, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2012
It's weird, though the world and story themselves were pretty good, the characters(with the exception of Suzuka) left me totally unenthusiastic. I think there were too many stealing focus that could've been used to develop the more prominent ones. I had a tendency to find myself zoning out and rewinding during several episodes.

If there's a second season, I'll probably watch it just for the sake of completion, but if not I'm okay with that, too. 6/10
Jul 15, 2015 11:03 PM

Nov 2014
Great show, hope there will be a second season in the future.

Jul 17, 2015 8:52 PM
Sep 2014
Great show. It took me like 3, 4 episodes to get into it and to get used to this mix of animation but after that its fun ride. Fights were not too long nor too short, they didnt talk in fights and explaining shit like they usually do in shounen anime. Only thing that got me mad, probably many others, is the ending. They make 24 episodes long anime and do it really good, without much rushing, but when it comes to making an ending they fu** the shit up. They could do it better.
I hope we will see season 2, or at least a movie to see what happened next.
Jul 20, 2015 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
Yet another LN adaptation which was not complete garbage but as it didn't sell much, so there won't be a season 2. Vague ending, 5/10.
Jul 25, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
Would have been better if Natsume stayed dead.
Aug 1, 2015 1:32 PM
Aug 2015
i Hope There's Some new anime that's So Coool Actions and comedy ^_^
Aug 24, 2015 10:35 PM
Nov 2011
-Where most anime have the MC as a complete idiot, Harutora actually knew or at least had a good idea of natsume being the controller of the shiki.

- Bad ass fight between the teacher and the wraith. Love it when powerful antagonists end up on the good side. This was done in a great way as there was room for development. By that i mean we were introduced to the teacher making a deal with him. later on it developes a bit and they have a plan. Even further they invade the bureau and work together. And finally they become master and familiar. Not like in other series where the bad guy turned good would only show up for the last couple of episodes to attack to the enemy.

-Had a good laugh when ogre boy was going to fight the further developed ogre boy. "I'm going to kick your ass!!!" "hue?" *smashes him in the face*. "Hey now... im trying to keep myself in control here" Hilarious as it was unexpected and broke the anime meta for a brief moment. (Usually when the "good" character says things like this they destroy them with some unbelievable technique)

- Kon seemed rather useless until the end lol kawaii tho. I wanna touch her tail :3

- Packed with feels

- I thought the ending could have been better. Kept looking at the episode timer wondering when they were going to get to some of the core issues to be wrapped up. Natsume was brought back "technically" however this ending definitely gave more questions than answers. As with most anime desiring a 2nd season... leave it open ended... i guess... still not a bad ending when compared to others. Therefore i won't deduct points based on this.

Overall i give it a 9/10 :)
00001111qmpzAug 24, 2015 10:40 PM

Aug 27, 2015 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
For most of series I thought it will be another forgettable anime, but last 1/4 was awesome. And after reading some spoilers about LN in this topic I want S2 so much :s

btw Suzuka best girl.
Sep 1, 2015 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
sadly, some of the part 1 sucks if it's only the latter part I'm rating this would get a higher score. better than starting awesome then going downhill from there.
Feels like the GARO of 2013. Seems like the next part in the Novel is gonna be awesome, I'm hearing good things from it.

Also I'm so glad of their consistent power levels of whatever the term for it, most shows like Naruto have inconsistent power levels where Zabuza a villain earlier when Naruto was good an S rank criminal is now super weak compared to every other named characters.
Here if you're not a Divine General or mentioned to be talented like Natsumi then you're techniques are techniques other unnamed pros also know. Not everyone has a signature new moves bullshit like in other shonens.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 24, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2010
Another episode or 2, or even an OVA to sum up would've been nice :l

Jan 5, 2016 8:28 PM
Jan 2016
According to the light novel Natsume is revived through the ritual but there was a problem , she had to be fussed with her dragon , Hokuto otherwise she will die. Her current situation is just like Toji (half ogre). Onmoyo agency declared Harutora as a most wanted criminal & he also acts like one. Harutora suffers from memory conflicts from both his lifes, sometimes it's Harutora dominant & cares about Natsume & others while most of time its Yakou dominant...... It's getting interesting so I can't wait for season 2.... Hope they release it soon...
Feb 17, 2016 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty much thought i would be immensely disappointed it ended where it did, would have been cool with an OVA to fill in whats left...ah well, as interesting as it was...ending it like this killed it for me. I sincerely doubt their will be an animated continuation of this, pretty sure this was just another ending to sell you the book/manga type deals...as are most anime.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
so what was up with the end card? what does it say? for some reason it was just that end card for like 5 minutes. thought their was going to be some sort of teaser or something.

now I know what my friend meant when he said the ending is a bit confusing. thought it was something that could possibly be handled with a little explanation here but its way more than that.

actually do want a second season of this, but from what ppl are saying. not gonna happen.

Apr 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
so what was up with the end card? what does it say? for some reason it was just that end card for like 5 minutes. thought their was going to be some sort of teaser or something.

now I know what my friend meant when he said the ending is a bit confusing. thought it was something that could possibly be handled with a little explanation here but its way more than that.

actually do want a second season of this, but from what ppl are saying. not gonna happen.

Apr 8, 2016 9:36 AM
May 2011
eh just watched this for the second time

i forgot how much i hated that ending...

Not because it was bad but because it doesn't seem like they're going to continue it.... AND I NEED MORE!!!!

Freaking manga is so far behind and i'm just not into reading novels.

Is there still not enough material to do a second season? I read there wasn't much left at the time the series finished but it's been 2 years now.
Apr 26, 2016 10:40 PM
Apr 2016
Can any of u please tell me the summary of LN volume 11-14? I wanna know what happened after that ending.
SARtifiedApr 26, 2016 10:44 PM
Apr 27, 2016 12:08 AM

Jun 2015
SARtified said:
Can any of u please tell me the summary of LN volume 11-14? I wanna know what happened after that ending.

Short summary

Pm me if you want more details.
Apr 27, 2016 9:24 PM
Apr 2016
Thanks @BeBackinaSec. but i cant pm you because of server issues. so if you fill in the details here characterwise,i'll be really grateful.
SARtifiedApr 27, 2016 9:27 PM
May 25, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
I didn't thought of this concluding with a kiss scene. Doman becoming shadows shikigami - most badass combination would have been interesting to see how they do things :D

The show itself as a whole was okay, I wouldn't recommend it though. Therefore it's probably too boring ^^
Jun 14, 2016 10:20 PM

Apr 2015
anybody here know how did kon turned into a matured lady?
Jul 13, 2016 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Glad they kissed, but it can't be a satisfying ending if I had to come to fuckin MAL to find answers regarding what actually happened.

7/10 because characters carried this.

Edit: Suzuka for being a "divine general" was nothing short of a weakling, even with her seal removed lol.
InfatuateJul 13, 2016 6:36 PM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 26, 2016 5:56 PM

Feb 2013
You kissed the wrong girl, fool!

Meh, typical rushed cliff hanger cliche ending. Would have loved to see more Kon's teen form tho :/
Aug 9, 2016 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
I hope this doesn't end like this with a cliffhanger, they aren't an official couple yet and when Harutora said "Sorry, Natsume wait a little longer" I think the only reason is because remember that call with the ogre girl? she said they're half fine I think it's a situation that happened with Touji the half ogre, she is undergoing treatment or something but it isn't anything major and if a season 2 will happen I bet they would meet again after 2-5 episodes.
Aug 9, 2016 10:40 PM
Jul 2016
Felt rushed, just wish there was a season two. How many sales did it get?
Feb 3, 2017 11:42 PM

Sep 2015
This was one hell of an ending. Rip the Loli fans when Kon grew up twice to her original form. After episode 21, too much overload felt like all of the characters who weren't important in the episodes before just suddenly shined.
Some Questions :
What is up with Kyouko and her power plus did her ribbon ever get found?
How did Suzu betray Kogure and Ohtomo in the past?
Who is Natsume really? I'm thinking she's Takahiro's actual daughter since she has Tsuchimikado blood.

Guess I have to turn to the LNs for this info but I hope I do fill a lot of holes in this series up. Season 2 definitely needs to happen or else many non-reader otakus forever hate this ending.
Hinata-chiFeb 3, 2017 11:45 PM
May 18, 2017 4:22 PM

Nov 2016
Perfect ending :___)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2017 7:46 AM
Mar 2017
Can someone explain the state of natsume? Is he alive again? or not yet?
Jun 1, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2016
Kon/Hishamaru greatness!!!

Great show 10/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jun 1, 2017 3:56 PM

Sep 2016
VendrikaAnnahldi said:

Yeah she's alive but not completely normal.you can say shes in a weak state.

It was a "partial" success
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jun 1, 2017 7:43 PM
Mar 2017
thankyou for answer^^
Jun 30, 2017 12:52 PM
Jun 2016
I loved the episode, I thought it was played out very well. But, it felt incomplete as if there were a few more seasons that they were going to release. I know this series started years ago and there has yet to be a sequel. I just feel cheated and that the series is incomplete.
Jul 24, 2017 3:59 AM
Mar 2014
VendrikaAnnahldi said:

is he?is she ..
natsume is girl xD
Jul 25, 2017 12:59 PM
Mar 2017
typo wkwkwkw land :v
Jan 2, 2018 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
rowdydave said:
From what I've heard from quite a few people is that although Natsume was revived she was only able to be reincarnated like Yakou, so he will see her again when she grows up and regains her memories. At least that's the best response I've heard so far.

nope they explained that there are meany types of the ritual so her was like this & she came back, & what i heard from Novel readers the ritual was incomplete cause he needs all altars & meany are broken so he goes on a journey to restore the altars

BestAnswer_new said:
According to the light novel Natsume is revived through the ritual but there was a problem , she had to be fussed with her dragon , Hokuto otherwise she will die. Her current situation is just like Toji (half ogre). Onmoyo agency declared Harutora as a most wanted criminal & he also acts like one. Harutora suffers from memory conflicts from both his lifes, sometimes it's Harutora dominant & cares about Natsume & others while most of time its Yakou dominant...... It's getting interesting so I can't wait for season 2.... Hope they release it soon...

i heard a slight different story

ritual was just incomplete cause he needs all altars & meany are broken so he goes on a journey to restore the altars to finish the ritual

Sugram22Jan 2, 2018 6:46 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

214 by Marthym »»
Aug 28, 2022 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.