Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2014 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yessss, Krusty is here. About time.

That's a fun festival took with the phoenix. Heh, I guess this is the finale. It felt a bit anticlimactic imo but the ride was still fun overall. I recall the author said something about writing more novels soon so hopefully those gets adapted in the future for more season. 8/10. Kinda glad that almost all the characters got some spotlight in this finale.

Edit: SEASON 2 COMING. GET READY.
rodacMar 22, 2014 1:46 PM
Mar 22, 2014 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
Not just him, but also others are there and revealed that weird face guy...

Festival with the princess. Then a new lady who seeks for main guy badly, but he rejected her.

End of festival, but they are also planned for more festivals for the holidays. Everyone in his guild supports him. To their next goal.

He's going away from Akiba and is going along with that mysterious guy?

(It is going to be rebroadcasted for Spring). And 2nd season on Fall!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 22, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2010
Season 2 confirmed for Fall. Nice to see that.
Mar 22, 2014 2:26 AM
Nov 2013
Great episode. The Nureha scene was intense. And it was nice to see those specially animated scenes for the finale.
Mar 22, 2014 3:04 AM
Nov 2013
felt little bit rushing but Nureha alone make this ep 11/10

and they already show "The Murderer" ! cant wait for season2

rodacMar 22, 2014 1:45 PM
Mar 22, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2011
Shiroe you legend.

Not sure what I make of Nureha.

And it ends on a sort of cliffhanger - Shiroe leaving Akihabara? He said he would make Nureha his enemy as well. Just what does he have planned?

Over the last six months there have been quite a lot of things thrown at me that have made it hard at various times to watch anime when I want to, but this has been the one series that I have managed to keep up the entire time. Six months of watching, and now a six month wait until it continues.
kuuderes_shadowMar 22, 2014 4:56 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 22, 2014 5:09 AM

Feb 2008
It's really kind of end of cliffhanging but we know the first season will end now and it take some time to bring up another season but 6 months is not really far ahead.

6 months is better than waiting 5 years for a new season. xD

All Log Horizon member leaves Akihabara to changed the world !!!
I better finished reading Volume 5 and 6 now for LN.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 22, 2014 5:11 AM

Dec 2012
Well, in the final episode of the first season they finally introduce the final (?) boss. And she is a creepy ass stalker sociopath liar dictator. Or she seems to be. Honestly, she seems like a great character, although the "I'm the villain and I love you" character type tends to bother me. I don't have a clue whether ANYTHING she said was true because of how many times she said 'I lied.'

Of course it wouldn't be anime without friendship, and Shiroe rejects Nureha in favor of his friends. I'd be pretty disappointed in him if he would have gone with her without them, but I guess we'll never know...

I'm a little mad that the episode did that thing that anime sometimes do, where one of the characters says the first half of an important sentence and ends it with "...," in regards to Shiroe's goal in leaving Akihabara. I imagine it has something to do with going back to the real world or 'dealing with' Nureha, but I guess I'll have to wait for another season to see.
Mar 22, 2014 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
Season 2 confirmed this fall! Now I'm excited :)
Mar 22, 2014 5:19 AM

Feb 2013
More like a break than an ending, glad the second season will be out this year already
Mar 22, 2014 5:23 AM

Apr 2012
Zuuuuuuuuuu- uttoooooooooooooooo
Zuuuuuuuuuu- uttoooooooooooooooo

Is it fall yet?

Hm, Nureha, wanted to know about her since episode 21...
EratiKMar 22, 2014 1:20 PM
Mar 22, 2014 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
HELLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS SEASON2 INF THE FREAKING FALL BABY!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this series so much. SOO happy for season 2!

#now on faves list
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 22, 2014 5:28 AM
Oct 2013
Great episode , and season 2 come this fall

Also The anime already show some spoiler for the next season
Mar 22, 2014 5:30 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Akatsuki with twintails. So cute I died.

6 months of waiting for season 2, just as this series ran for 6 months! :D Really great series.
Mar 22, 2014 5:30 AM
Jan 2014
Shiroe slap her face or her hand?
Mar 22, 2014 5:31 AM

Sep 2013
Log Horizon is definitely on of this year best anime so far, some people might say that this's just a copy of SAO, but I don't feel that way. LH has it own story and plot, the only similarity is that they both trapped in game world. As the 1st season ended, the next season has already scheduled this fall, as expected from a great hit series xD

Back to the anime!!
I don't thin that Nureha is evil, she's a stalker yes but evil? I don't think so.
And it's plain as day that Regan has his own agenda, Shiroe must've known something and that's why he leave Akihabara and tell Regan about it :3

I really wanna read the manga, but the trans group working on it is really slow, if they didn't stop already orz....
Mar 22, 2014 5:35 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty nice ep esp since they announced a second season :D
If there was none then this ending would have been too cruel XD

Loved how Shiro and Krusty owned that loser of a noble :P
Shiro sure loves to make himself seem like a bad guy doesn't he. Saying those stuff to Lenessia. Even she doesn't seem to like him much.

Well he has enough of a harem so no need XD

This time Minori got her moment with Shiro instead of Akatsuki, and the latter got sad. Poor Akatsuki. It seems like the author wants to keep them on equal standings for now.

The Nureha part was pretty nice. She reminds me of Kurumi (DAL XD). Hot and sexy :3
That's one yandere u have in ur harem now Shiroe hehehe.
Interesting to see that Shiroe knows her and the her guilds main players. That should be awesome when attended to in the nxt arc >.<

And is it just me or the animation seemed better this ep?

The last scene with Log Horizon doing the quest and kicking ass with their awesome teamwork was great. Loved those combo's :D

Well, again glad for S2 :D They build the hype pretty awesomely. There r only 2 volumes out though? Maybe the author will try to get 2 more out by Fall so they can make another 2 cour? Because this way it'll only be a 1 cour.

Also, nice to see it making the top200 on MAL :D
Mar 22, 2014 5:38 AM

Oct 2011
Season 2 !!!!!!

How does Shiroe know Nureha???
Mar 22, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
Now that is one foxy lady XD! Mentally unstable, compulsive liar and obsessive behavior? Veeeery interesting.

That knee to the face actually made me smile. I missed it :)

That guy with Demikas, isn't that the Silver Sword dude who missed out on the Round Table?

If this ended without that season 2 announcement, I would have been really sad. Fall can't come soon enough.
- - - - -

I'm really glad I decided to check out this show. I must admit this was never really in my PTW for falll; I thought it was just another generic adventure .hack/SAO clone. Really glad I was wrong XD
It really took me back to my days of hardcore playing MMO days, it was really nostalgic. I love the extensive world-building, the way they explained game concepts and that it touched upon economy and politics. It never seemed slow to me as I enjoyed hearing the explanations :D There was no OP main character who does everything by himself. The world doesn't revolve around the main character either but instead the MCs adapt to the ever-changing world. That's what makes it so interesting; The world is so full of possibilities...and this is all thanks to Mamare Touno's masterful world-building.

Bottom line : this was a great series.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 22, 2014 5:42 AM

Jul 2013
one of the better shows this season~
nice skillful resolution by shiroe and the gang
some nice foreshadowing about the stuff to come in season two

8/10 ^^
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Mar 22, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
Ah right as I thought things calmed down, now this happens. Glad that season 2 was announced already, and it's so soon! The ending reminded me why I enjoy this series so much, can hardly wait.

Overall this turned out to be a real treat. This did a great job at building up the world of Elder Tale and understanding itself as an MMO. You can tell the author really has experience with gaming and didn't just throw this premise down without being intimate with it. I really like how the main focus of the game wasn't something straightforward such as defeating a big boss, leaving the game, or reaching level 100. In fact, this last episode helped demonstrate just how far Akihabara has come and its growth was the central focus of the story. A place where players can enjoy themselves to the fullest and make the most of their time trapped in Elder Tale.

There were a couple of questionable moments, such as the love triangle, but as a whole I really enjoyed this and won't pick on the details. 8/10
Mar 22, 2014 5:49 AM

Mar 2012
A hell yeah this show will continue and as it should be it is one of the best show of recent years the only thing that worries me it is as some say it is too soon if it is one cour tough there should be enough material.

Nureha her introduction was great and it brought about quite a nice dark atmosphere feel it to it.

So there actually is a theory of getting back home but judging form shiroe reactions it is quite a risk to do so.

Looks like they highlighted the murder and the plot that inolve susikino and the gold interesting indeed.

I will say this tough the next season will have more action that the first season so everybody should look forward to it :)
Mar 22, 2014 5:50 AM

Sep 2013
What a great finale, it looks like all the budget went into that seen with Nureha.
Come on season 2!
Mar 22, 2014 5:53 AM

Sep 2012
That was a fine show. The world building was amazing, unfortunately I wasn't a great fan of the characters, especially the younger ones who I think got too much focus, and made this anime a bit too childish. I also think there could be more and better action sequences.

6/10.
Mar 22, 2014 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
Season 2 announced the end of last ep? Great
Season 2 will be this fall? Even better

But when will they release soundtrack!?
It suck that there is no even a date of release :(
Mar 22, 2014 5:59 AM

Dec 2012
Shiro you have 3 and a half girls in love with you (Henrietta is not that sure about it :P ) and you still haven't noticed anything besides Nureha who actually told you up front
Sep 2013
Haha, love how they owned lord Ugly (I can't remember his name). XD

That woman, though. It will be interesting to see how things turn out from now on. I look forward to see the second season !

Jul 2012
In my opinion it was a good show. However, I missed the feeling that you would really want to see that "next episode". There were some interesting parts but that was just not enough to reach that climax and that you want to see that next episode right NOW. Season 2 seems interesting.

7/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!

Apr 2013
I can't help but wonder where the first season ended in the novel >.<

Mar 22, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
duderus said:
I can't help but wonder where the first season ended in the novel >.<

it ended with book 5. book 6 is already translated on baka-tsuki, dunno if chapter 7 is under working.

OT: upon the news that it will be the second season in fall i yelled YES YES YES **** YEAH
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 22, 2014 6:24 AM

Mar 2009
That scene means something epic is going to happen. :)
http://3.ii.gl/jf55x4.png
Mar 22, 2014 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
Such an intense episode with that Nureha person, does Shiroe actually know her?
The ending was really strong, all the characters good some airtime
SEASON TWO THIS FALL, SO EXCITED
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Mar 22, 2014 6:26 AM
Jan 2014
I liked the attention to detail in this show.
Shiroe is definitely the mastermind in Elder Tale.
Got a mini harem goin' on.
Can't wait till S2 airs.

8/10
Mar 22, 2014 6:28 AM

Dec 2011
Damn. Didn't expect that we would get to see the Westelande's leader behind the scenes. My goodness. Nureha is hot. This ending I don't mind, but I would love to see if Shiroe was successfully tempted by Nureha and get back to his senses in season 2...

All that revelation in the end, even Shiroe knowing the way back to the real world.
Excited for Season 2!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2012
you can see so much effort has been put into Log Horizon. From the politics to the quests it all looked so in-depth. I'm really looking forward to season 2 now so overall 9/10. Thank you Log Horizon, my Saturdays will not be the same until you return.
Mar 22, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
They have cut a lot of important lines like Nureha's lines about her mother pimping her old to old geezers and being bullied for being a high school prostitute.

They also cut the lines of shiroes inner thoughts thinking about the veracity of her statements along with her beuty and there was a line about her eyes as well.

They probably did not have the balls to animate the prostitution lines and delibaretaly censored those lines. Cowards with no balls.
Lonewolf13Mar 22, 2014 3:39 PM
"Boredom is like poison."

Mar 22, 2014 6:42 AM
Feb 2009
that foxy lady, fly like the 80s big hips and slim waist turn my intention shady :D
I freaking love this show cant wait for s2 this fall
Mar 22, 2014 6:47 AM

Mar 2013
So much censoring thru out the show but, can't be help I guess, it's NHK after all.

8/10.
Mar 22, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
Feels like I'm watching a 20 minute trailer for the second season. but hey, it done it's job
Can't wait for Fall
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Mar 22, 2014 6:51 AM

May 2010
it has to be 7/10 for me because:

the second half of the anime was a clear letdown for me.
it focused too much on characters i really didnt care much for and there was no real climax to the season. too many festival episodes ..lol

the action sequences sucked ! they really were nothing do be excited about. soo many shows have intense and breathtaking battles and fights but this one cant get it right.

i just cant shake the feeling that this show could have been soooooooo much better!

will watch season 2 tho. in the end it was a GOOD first season but not more for me.
Mar 22, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2009
Kerozinn said:
it has to be 7/10 for me because:

the second half of the anime was a clear letdown for me.
it focused too much on characters i really didnt care much for and there was no real climax to the season. too many festival episodes ..lol

the action sequences sucked ! they really were nothing do be excited about. soo many shows have intense and breathtaking battles and fights but this one cant get it right.

i just cant shake the feeling that this show could have been soooooooo much better!

will watch season 2 tho. in the end it was a GOOD first season but not more for me.

yea i felt the same it was mising the action and what got me going at the start
Mar 22, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
The best episode! I was trembled when it said the second anime air in fall.

LOL I just think this series will have another year to get the second season.

10/10!
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Mar 22, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2012
Curious about the new girl. Looking forward to Season 2! MMO Anime done right, 7/10.
Mar 22, 2014 7:17 AM

Apr 2011
Gawd. Nureha's hot! And she want's Shiroe. I'd like to see more of her if when season two comes. Reading the wiki, there's more to her that never said in the anime.

Good riddance to that ugly noble. Ha! Shiroe had to play the evil guy again and its making his two girls sad. Aw.

I must say, this is one of the best animes, I've watched for six months in a row! Every week I always waited every episode. It lacks action, but it made it up with good character interaction, group battles, political issues and more. I mostly watch every episode twice. It was really that good. I watch it on RAW, then Watch it again when subbed. I love every minute of it.

For the entire series: 9/10
Mar 22, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2013
They finally discussed about returning to the real world. I was wondering if they were ever gonna go back
Mar 22, 2014 7:26 AM
Jul 2012
I'm kinda mad that they changed Nureha and Shiore's meeting, along with her back story.
Mar 22, 2014 7:27 AM

Jun 2008
Drakewinm said:
They finally discussed about returning to the real world. I was wondering if they were ever gonna go back

Discussed...lol. Don't look forward to it, cause that discussion won't be addressed again for a long time.
Stop trying to push SAO into Log Horizon.

And why must you keep pressing on the issue of "Returning to the real world". The whole theme of LH is Discovery, not escapism like what SAO did.
kaimaxMar 22, 2014 7:35 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 22, 2014 7:31 AM

Feb 2011
Overall the series were really bad. Nothing really major happened , I wonder if I should have big expectations of season 2.
Mar 22, 2014 7:33 AM

Dec 2012
8/10 Good anime, excited for next season.
Mar 22, 2014 7:35 AM

Dec 2007
Lonewolf13 said:
They have cut a lot of important lines like Nureha's lines about her mother pimping her old to old geezers and being bullied for being a high school prostitute. They also cut the lines of shiroes inner thoughts thinking about the veracity of her statements along with her beuty and there was a line about her eyes as well.

They probably did not have the balls to animate the prostitution lines and delibaretaly censored those lines. Cowards with no balls.

The eyes line was addressed without dialogue, and the thoughts on her veracity, based on how the conversation played in the anime, would have been both redundant and out of place. I agree that the prostitution omission is a major issue though, as it speaks volumes to her character.

Overall, I'm giving this an 8/10. Much better than I was anticipating going in, and I remain cautiously hopeful for the second season.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.