Forum Settings
Forums

noitaminA's Summer, Fall and Winter Line-Up Announced

New
Mar 21, 2014 10:41 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
noitaminA announced their Summer 2014, Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 line-up today, which include a variety of new anime announcements.

Summer 2014

Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Tokyo)
Original Anime

Synopsis
A bomb exploded in the heart of Tokyo. The terrorists are two teenagers and call themselves "Sphinx." Now they launch a huge game that involves the entire Japanese population.

Staff
Studio: Mappa
Director: Shinichiro Watanabe (Sakamichi no Apollon, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop)
Character Design: Kazuto Nakazawa (Samurai Champloo)
Music: Yoko Kanno (Sakamichi no Apollon, Cowboy Bebop)

PV: http://youtu.be/ONnhZEnvaNA
Official site: http://terror-in-tokyo.com/

Psycho-Pass
Rebroadcast; edited into one-hour episodes.

Fall 2014

Psycho-Pass 2
Sequel

PV: http://youtu.be/Ob2y3e89F94 (for project restart)
Official site: http://psycho-pass.com/

Previous related news: Anime 'Psycho-Pass' to Have New TV Series and Movie

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (April is Your Lie)
Manga Adaptation

Synopsis
Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn't touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to. (Source: MangaHelpers)

Staff
Original: Naoshi Arakawa
Director: Kyouhei Ishiguro
Series Composition: Script: Takao Yoshioka
Character Design: General Illustration Director: Yukiko Aikyou
Prop Design: Akira Takata
Art Setting: Yoshinori Shiozawa
Art Director: Kushiro Usui
Color Design: Kazuko Nakajima
3D Director: Ryuuta Ono
Filming: Yoshihiro Sekiya
Editing: Akinori Mishima
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Music: Masaru Yokoyama
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Producer: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Production Committee

PV: http://youtu.be/Sk39zsayK_0
Official site: http://www.kimiuso.jp/

This series will be two cours in length and continue into Winter 2015.

Winter 2015

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (How Not to Raise a Heroine)
Light Novel Adaptation

Synopsis
The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hoarding. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who's always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction? The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio's journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond. (Source: Unknown)

Staff
Original: Fumiaki Maruto
Original Character Design: Kurehito Misaki
Script: Fumiaki Maruto
Music: Hajime Hyakkoku

Cast
Eriri Sawamura Spencer: Saori Onishi
Utaha Kasumigaoka: Ai Kayano

PV: http://youtu.be/WtI_h5_Db98
Official site: http://www.saenai.tv/

Sources: noitaminA, Anime Anime, Official anime sites
myanimelistllcMay 22, 2016 2:25 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
yaaaay more noitaminA goodness!
Mar 21, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
nice.
Mar 21, 2014 10:48 AM
Mar 2010
NoitaminA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Except for the last anime, I'll be watching all of these. <3

I pray hard that Zankyou no Terror sells well. We need more anime like that. Yes, I haven't seen it yet, but the character designs and the music has won me over.

And finally more info on Psycho Pass!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 21, 2014 10:48 AM
May 2013
Psycho-Pass 2 in Fall? YAY!
Mar 21, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
I think it should be noted that the Psycho-pass re-broadcast is a edited version(to make it fit 1-cour).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 21, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
>Zankyou no Terror
+ Watanabe, Kanno, looks good visually, terrorism as a theme
- "Game premise", highschoolers as main characters

>Psycho-Pass 2
+ May tie up loose ends and be more coherent than S1
- May focus more on pretentious quotes than actual depth, like S1

>Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
+ Decent premise, A-1 doing SoL
- Nothing so far

>Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
+ Nothing
- Light Novel, otaku + highschool protagonists, focus on otaku themes, harem

The lineup post is also misisng the movie adaption of a Project Itoh novel, which looks to be fairly interesting.
Overall hit and miss, sadly noitaminA after 2011 is always like this.
NidhoeggrMar 21, 2014 10:59 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 21, 2014 10:54 AM
May 2013
Ohhhh, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso could be really good too! 2 cour?! Wow go noitaminA! =D

By the way, should we be expecting a lot of new announcements this weekend due to Anime Japan? If so, I may be checking for news frequently =P
HahalollawlMar 21, 2014 10:58 AM
Mar 21, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2008
I'm always happy to see more noitaminA.

I'll def. watch Terror in Tokyo.

Shigatsu... sounds like a good slice-of-life story.

Psycho-Pass 2 - gonna watch it, if I'll finally complete the first season.

Not so sure about the Heroine, tho I hope they will be able to create something fresh.
-
Mar 21, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata

+doujin and otaku themed

+Something a little different in a harem anime

+similar to Doujin work

Will be watching

Mar 21, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2007
Great line-up. I am very much looking forward to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I have really enjoyed what I've read of the manga so far. If this does well, perhaps maybe we can get a sequel to the Piano no Mori movie.
Mar 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2010
I'll definitely watch Zankyo No Terror right away. Sounds good.

Too bad I'll probably be abroad in fall, but as soon as I'll come home I'll watch Psycho Pass 2 and Shigatsu too (actually I didn't even know Shigatsu was going to have an anime adaptation... cool!)

Thanks but no, thanks, for Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata.
Mar 21, 2014 11:01 AM
May 2013
Hoppy said:
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata

+doujin and otaku themed

+Something a little different in a harem anime

+similar to Doujin work

Will be watching

Hmmmm Ai Kayano is in it...so maybe I'll check it out.
Mar 21, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2008
I'm actually way more hyped for Saenai Heroine than the rest of them since I love the relationship dynamics between Tomoyo and Eriri, and I love finding out about how the manga/eroge/LN industry works and the struggles of being a doujin artist.

But no one else will want to watch it as they'll immediately think that it's just another shitty harem romcom LN adaptation.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Mar 21, 2014 11:04 AM

Oct 2013
Glad that Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso will get an anime adaption. I read a few chapters a while ago and I thought it's quite enjoyable.
Zankyou no Terror looks interesting too, specially because Watanabe is in charge of the direction.
Mar 21, 2014 11:05 AM

Nov 2011
Great lineup. I know I'll be watching them all but Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso particularly stands out from those imo.

I wonder how much PP will be edited for the summer version though.
Mar 21, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2009
Misdreavius said:

But no one else will want to watch it as they'll immediately think that it's just another shitty harem romcom LN adaptation.

The synopsis doesn't make it sound like it's anything else.
This is a disgrace tbh, this kind of smut would never air on old noitaminA....
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 21, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
NoitaminA is going full out with their series. Going to watch all of them :D.

Mar 21, 2014 11:08 AM

Nov 2013
noitaminA all day... except for the last one.

About all the others I'm looking forward to see how well they perform, they all seem interesting and since Psycho-Pass is the one I'm waiting since a long time ago, I'm really excited.
Mar 21, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2011
I'll be watching Zankyou no Terror and Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso for sure. I'm not really interested in Saenai and I won't watch Psycho-Pass 2 because I haven't seen the first.

Correction, I watched 1 episode of Psycho-Pass, but it was pretty boring so I didn't continue.
Mar 21, 2014 11:11 AM
Jul 2012
Hmm, Zankyou no Terror's story looks cool. Hope the show isn't like Cooplen or whatever that spelled doesn't have too much drama with high school stuff which makes me not to watch that.

Hope 2nd season of psycho-pass will be better.
Mar 21, 2014 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
kinda like what i'm looking at so far .
Mar 21, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
So much Psycho-Pass, basically nonstop from now till winter.
rederoin said:
I think it should be noted that the Psycho-pass re-broadcast is a edited version(to make it fit 1-cour).
hour long episodes though.

And Zankyou no Terror looks fucking awesome, consider me hyped.

Jul 2008
Holy shit! In for Psycho-Pass. Can't wait for the second season. Between this, Fate/Stay Night, and Aldnoah.zero I'll be set for the year. Wake me up when it's October. Also, hopefully Gen Urobuchi is back for both the new season and movie.

Oh yeah, might watch the edited version of the first season depending on how much is changed.
Mar 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

The synopsis doesn't make it sound like it's anything else.
This is a disgrace tbh, this kind of smut would never air on old noitaminA....

Well, there's nothing we can do about it. NoitaminA has to survive and it pains me to say this but the usual shows they have(Gin no Saji,Samurai Flamenco, Sakamichi no Apollon) were bombs.

I read the first chapter of the manga(Saenai) and I'm gonna pass but complaining isn't going to get me anywhere.

If anything, if you want the 'old' NoitaminA back, start praying right now that Zankyou no Terror and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso sell well. ZnT was made by the same people who made Sakamichi no Apollon which sold much less than their next short tennis anime Teekyuu!. That says something right? KimiUso is something I'm almost sure will bomb since it sounds too much like a shoujo and the art is shoujo-ish but hopefully it gets a good manga boost.

This turned out longer than I expected.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 21, 2014 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
Psycho pass S2 -----> Means New Egoist song *0*?
Mar 21, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2010
Uplift said:
Psycho pass S2 -----> Means New Egoist song *0*?

Oh gosh yes PLEASE!
Mar 21, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
Zankyou no Terror sounds like it can be awesome, or then something like Coppelion...

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso sounds like Nodame Cantabile, how great! But it's shonen, so I'm wondering how it will be like.

I just saw the trailer of Saenai Heroine, and would have never guessed that it's a noitaminA anime! Seemed like some generic otaku/moe/eroge stuff. But the synopsis sounds quite good, so I think I'll be watching

Mar 21, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, I think I should have expected a Saenai adaptation at some point, considering the godly Misaki art. And, gasp, Maruto can actually write dialogue and characters (!!!).

I'll probably watch it just because, but the designs certainly aren't going to be done justice. I don't know what it means at this point when only an LN adaptation interests me but whatever.
opernliedMar 21, 2014 11:38 AM
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Mar 21, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2013
Hmm, Psycho Pass 2 is only one cour? I hope that'll be enough. I'm really curious where they're gonna go with it. I'll probably end up watching the recut too.

Zankyou no Terror could be interesting, matters on how they portray it. Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso looks like it could be a good romance. I'll watch both of them.

Saenai Heroine looks awful, tbh, especially after watching the disgusting PV. I'm a bit disappointed that something like that's airing on noitaminA.
Mar 21, 2014 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, really hyped!! Especially for Zankyou no Terror, looks so good! Summer season looks so great already! SO HYPED, wow!

And a reason to watch the first Psycho Pass!
Mar 21, 2014 11:51 AM
Apr 2012
Zankyou no Terror - Sounds very interesting, Yoko Kanno doing the music is fantastic

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - The one I am most looking forward to, love music caught my attention rather quickly and the PV was gorgeous

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - LN adaptation so instant watch if I like the premise and I do, love the art as well so I'm in

Hoping these will be good, last noitaminA show I really cared for was Robotics;Notes, this springs lineup looks great as well.
Mar 21, 2014 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Psych-Pass movie is in Winter next year, according to ANN.
Mar 21, 2014 12:13 PM

May 2011
They all look nice, I gonna watch all of them.
Mar 21, 2014 12:13 PM
Feb 2012
Zankyou no Terror
As is often the case, the staff's names piqued my interest. Sounds promising.

Psycho-Pass 2
This is another of those series I could have accepted ending with one season only. But since there *were* a few loose ends in the first one, a sequel might not hurt.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (April is Your Lie)
Manga
This one actually sounds awesome. Seeing A-1's name there stings a little, but those guys did anohana after all, so they can probably handle this show just fine.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (How Not to Raise a Heroine)
Light Novel
Yeah, no.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2011
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata getting an anime adaptation? Awesome.

*grabs the light novel volumes off my shelf*
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 21, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
Very hyped for Psycho-Pass 2.
Will watch Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata.
Interested in Zankyou no Terror.
A little less in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, but i will still check it out.
Andan210Mar 21, 2014 12:36 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 21, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

How many volumes have been published?
Andan210Mar 21, 2014 12:25 PM
Mar 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
>Zankyou no Terror
>directed by shinichiro wattannabe
> music by yoko Kanno

definetly watching, hype growing

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 21, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
Psycho-Pass 2 (Fall 2014)

Just as expected.
Mar 21, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2012
noitaminA does not dissapoint yet again. Looking forward to it.
Mar 21, 2014 12:34 PM
May 2012
Cool, I just read the news about Zankyou no Terror a few minutes ago and it looks really good :3
I added Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Manga on my plan to read list days ago and now an Anime adaption??? sweet!!!
I'll watch Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata too, it looks good and Ai Kayano <3
I will watch Psycho-Pass after Psycho-Pass 2 finish airing.
Mar 21, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
>Zankyou no Terror
>directed by shinichiro wattannabe
> music by yoko Kanno

definetly watching, hype growing
*breathing intensifies*
Mar 21, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
Snow said:
Fall 2014

Psycho-Pass 2
Sequel

HELL YEAH!
All my hype~
Mar 21, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2011
Ahh yes I am too excited about everything. I'm a bit unsure on Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata, though. I think I read a first few chapters (of the manga) and it was pretty funny and interesting but I didn't continue since. Kind of forgettable. But we'll see.

EDIT: I've heard that the scenarist for White Album 2's VN wrote the novel, though? Can anyone confirm this for me?

EDIT (again): I found out and the author is apparently the person in charge of series composition for WA2. Which arouses my interest.
LaciieMar 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Mar 21, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2011
Andan210 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

5, although I only have the first 3.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 21, 2014 12:53 PM
Aug 2011
Psycho-Pass 2 <3333
I had such a good time watching Psycho-Pass and I hope this clears up some questions from that first season.

Zankyou no Terror pv peaked my interest looking forward to this.

Even the music anime sounds good.
Mar 21, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Andan210 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

I see. So, how many do you think they will adapting? I imagine this is going to be 1-cour, so i guess that with the first 3 volumes they could have a really nice pacing. What do you think?
Mar 21, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2011
Andan210 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Andan210 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

I see. So, how many do you think they will adapting? I imagine this is going to be 1-cour, so i guess that with the first 3 volumes they could have a really nice pacing. What do you think?

I'm thinking it will be 4. Most Fantasia Bunko series that get anime adaptations seem to have 4 volumes per season of anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.