Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 17, 2015 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
What a mess. Ahoy, last episode!

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Feb 14, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
Well this terrible show is almost over with for me. No more convenient amnesia spells, no more trolling me with Linda running in to help and then vanishing immediately after, no more annoying Koko and their "destiny" at the expense of a clearly superior childhood friend. Whatever, the conclusion seems obvious now. A last minute memory return and a Banri x Koko ending. A damn shame but there it is.
Feb 21, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2013
Wait so he lost it all? In the end? :(
How come? Why for? ;-;
NOO! I dont want this!! T-T
Apr 1, 2015 4:06 PM
Nov 2014
You gotta love Nana senpai, always showing up randomly at the best time xD she is kinda creepy but who wouldn't want a friend like her anyway?

After all thats happened....is this really gonna happen? I feel sorry for banri,and everyone else that this paradise could end....
Apr 9, 2015 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Even this time there was an error on the part of the plot and the narrative, so being able to pack a really interesting episode. The interpretation by Banri although not excellent, it was not so painful to be bored, the rest of the cast instead was always shown up to spec.
One flaw, as always, is the quality of the designs always below the sufficiency. Do not wait to savor the series finale, which I hope does not just stick in the final episode.
Apr 27, 2015 12:02 AM

Sep 2014
Nana-senpai is such a boss. She sleeps where she wants; she don't give a shit!

"Oh no! I slept with Nana-senpai!" Why are you complaining?

Gotta love that chainsaw in the background whenever Nana sings. If only NANA had a chainsaw-wielding member in Black Stones. lol
May 14, 2015 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
More completely false things about amnesia. yep this is only getting a 5 or 6 depending on the last episode.

shit this is starting real gay real quick.
May 21, 2015 5:20 AM
Jul 2014
So I'm not really that angry with Koko anymore, but jeez... this show is one heck of a ride. It caught me off-guard many times and gave me some of the biggest feels ever.

The end part where Banri was dancing and seeing his mother and his friends just gave me manly tears, seeing as he would lose pretty much everyone again after he regained his memories from the past and losing all his current friends. I wonder what will happen in the last episode!
May 25, 2015 5:44 PM
Feb 2015
I loved how nana was sleeping in banri's bed xD
At least we know why koko is like that. Old Banri and present Banri are still fighting, man when will the old Banri give up.... Sadly his former self took over...

Well just one more episode, this will be a happy or a painful end.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 15, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
That scene with Yana and Banri was really touching.
I have a feeling that I won't like how this ends though.

Also, Nana ftw XD
Dec 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, Koko does still love him but doesn't want him to forget her, bless. I hope he does remember her and not forget her so they can get married.

Nana and Banri in bed, bless. She's a good friend.

Awww Banri and Mitsuo are friends again <3

Awww! I don't like that end, I don't want him to forget Koko, Mistsuo, 2D and Chinami! that's sad ;__________________;
Dec 6, 2015 3:55 PM

Sep 2015
Yana-san. You're the true broseph :´(
Banri you seriously need to go to a hospital. A psychiatric one would be nice.

Thank gawd there's only 1 more ep left.

zat-bust said:
When Koko was crying I was emotionless, when I saw the bromance between Yana and Banri, I had tears in my eyes.

Yep. I can relate.
TchamiDec 6, 2015 3:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode.

Still pissed that Banri is losing his current memories and switching back to his old one. When he was crying like a bitch and calling out Linda in front of Kouko, i wanted to beat the shit out of him.

Lol Nana is amazing as always :)

And yeah, while i really feel for Kouko, i think Yana was the most emotional one. Who would have thought a person you just met on an opening ceremony would become one of you closest pals ever ;)

Last episode, have some mixed feelings about this. Can't wait for it though!
Jan 2, 2016 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
was a much more subdued episode than the last one. the person at the centre of all the problems in this series is banri. if he wasn't such a pussified pussy, bitchmade nigga, none of this would have happened.
Mar 25, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
Banri is really getting shaken out by his feelings, I feel sorry for him. He is convinced having returned to his past self: Is this self-imagination or did his amnesia really result to this?

Wow, can't believe that now this is the second-last episode. Though still having the "happy end" scenario in mind, I have no clue how the plot will be during the last episode, named Golden Time by the way. :) ;)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jun 10, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
Good grief, memory DOES NOT WORK LIKE THIS!!!!
Jul 2, 2016 1:25 AM

Sep 2014
Please don't let it be a happy ending.

Also, I guess Mitsuno is officially gay for Tada Banri.
Jan 3, 2017 12:18 AM
Mar 2016
I really do enjoy shows like these for the sole reason why they never work out according to play. This show hurts so badly but I'd have to say, this show has done a great job with establishing characters, giving realistic storylines where characters develop.

I see people on this forum thread and in general complain about how the show isn't heading the direction they want it and I see this as a positive. Sure, it sucks because everything was perfect. But these twists and turns show how amazing the writers did with the execution of the show.

Alright, last episode, hit me like a motherfucker and give me an ending that will either satisfy me or make me really upset; either one works!
Apr 15, 2018 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
I think after this episode it's clear as day that Linda is best girl with Chinami being 2nd place. Kouko is just too damn unstable in everything and that's in a show in which the MC has amnesia. Kouko's scenes do not nearly give me the feels like Linda's do.
Sep 21, 2018 2:12 PM

May 2016
Things getting build up for the finale.
Mar 14, 2019 5:04 AM

Feb 2018
It seemed Banri accepted it calmly.
Jun 2, 2019 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
The part with Yana expressing his feeling to Banri was weird and funny, but that's what a bro would say. Banri is back to his former self, I really wonder what'll happen now, he will probably remember Koko and thus remembering all his time after the accident, but I wonder if those memories will conflict with each other or not.
Sep 4, 2019 10:01 AM

Jan 2018
last episode they were all fighting and this time they're back to being best friends. what a sudden mood change, good going Kouko, keeping your smile like that <3
Oct 15, 2019 7:40 AM
Jan 2018
People don't understand what the amnesia is doing to him

His screaming is because his old memories have returned and he doesn't know where he is how would you feel if you remember being one place but then suddenly be somewhere else and you have no clue how you got thier

At this point remembering and seeing Koko is what is bringing him to his senses just like in the taxi and in the apartment
May 10, 2020 8:56 PM

Apr 2012
The NANA character is cool and interesting. She should get her own spinoff series.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 22, 2020 2:34 AM

Jun 2020
are you sure banri has amnesia or dementia or is he having an existential crisis that causes him to lose consciousness what a weak & ignorant, exploitative plot device

thank you for more 2d-kun screen time to save my sanity i am so done with golden time

the only things i like about golden time:
1) oka-chan
2) koko's development
3) koko & banri's relationship that has its realistic moments
4) the voice acting
hm 2d-kun

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 9, 2020 12:30 AM

Jun 2020
Fate really is cruel.
Have a great day!

Feb 18, 2021 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was actually pretty good. Wow, I felt for Kouko.

Apr 8, 2021 3:46 PM
Dec 2018
All Banri's problems come from his relationship with Linda, rather than his accident.
Jun 4, 2021 8:51 PM
Jul 2020
I feel like when Koko broke up with Banri, it only made his symptoms get worse. She was an anchor in his life that kept him on track so that when he had attacks, she was there for him, but after she broke up, that was over and it made Banri get worse because his anchor was gone.
Jun 6, 2021 11:09 AM
Jul 2020
Kurokokoy said:
i hope he ends up with koko.

I agree, because she is the only one who has the mental resources to be able to take care of Banri if he gets mentally lost.
Jun 9, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
This episode yet again reaffirms that Banri needs to be placed in some sort of mental hospital, as his "episodes" have become outright uncontrollable (if a little convenient for plot purposes, such as stopping them from having their honest talk) and are making him cause constant scenes in public. He's a complete and utter wreck, entirely incapable of functioning in actual society due to the sheer unpredictability of his breakdowns. At least he's now more or less aware of that fact and prepared to go home to address that reality.

Of course, the real question is why didn't he have a better support network from the beginning to avoid his condition deteriorating as much as it has done? I know Japan has a very different stance on mental health from the west, but they just seem to have left Banri almost entirely to his own devices since he left the hospital rather than him having regular meetings with a therapist to allow him to properly address his issues. They gave him some medication, sure, but by that point it was basically too late anyway.
AtavisticJun 9, 2021 12:16 PM
Dec 30, 2021 5:25 PM
May 2020
bro this episode got me. banri just a victim of forces outside his control damn
Jan 11, 2022 11:20 AM

Apr 2012
Mitsuo best girl, no contest
Apr 8, 2022 9:21 AM

Nov 2019
This melancholiac feeling of fleeting memories. I wish Banri got to keep them. This feels like a tragedy. Not only losing love interests but losing your entire existence. One more episode to try and redeem it. I can feel the nostalgia.

The ships fell off the table with his mental state. Just hope he makes it through and stays, gets better and finds his love. I hope the writers don't kill him off.

Cherish your golden days.
Dante9231Apr 8, 2022 9:30 AM
May 18, 2022 5:36 AM

Dec 2020
Banri being calm for once and accepting it was very nice to see actually.

Also seeing everyone support him goes to show how I really liked all the side characters alot more compared to Banri and Koko.
Oct 16, 2022 5:02 PM

Jan 2022
Not gonna lie, every time Banri has a mental break down and runs off screaming "LINDA!! LINDA!!" I kinda lol a bit.
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 19, 2022 8:05 AM

Aug 2020
you cant do this to me man this is too fucking sad for me right now
Dec 14, 2022 11:38 AM

Feb 2022
The ed makes a lot more sense now.
when mitsuo was saying he will be waiting for him to return, i was like (,,>﹏<,,)
looks like the preview at the end of the episodes is pretty much useless?
if you broke our heart with Kuoko x Banri, at least give us some Linda, onegaishimasu
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Jul 6, 2023 3:20 AM

Jul 2022
Sad and Happy Moments
Aug 1, 2023 6:43 AM
Jul 2023
this is very good... i think?
Aug 8, 2023 6:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man I want to wake up next to a sleeping Nana-senpai

Next up: BANRI TRAVELS TO OUTER SPACE ON A CANOE!!! Wow, it's already over with just the final episode left. With Banri losing his post-amnesia memories just now for good, it seems like the ending will feel rushed and will need more time than just one episode. But let's see how they do it, maybe it'll actually work really well. And that's the question until then, and that is will Banri permanently lose all the memories he made over the course of the show, or will he somehow get the back? If it's the latter, happy ending ig, and is what everyone's probably expecting. However, if it's the former, I think that will make for a far more compelling ending, albeit very bittersweet no doubt, but ultimately should provide for a much stronger impact overall.

Oh yeah and Kouko broke up with him because well, she couldn't handle the thought of losing him. She was able to deduce from the video that he accidentally recorded that he would lose all his memories of her in the past year and a half and revert back to his pre-accident self. Idk how she could tell, but it doesn't matter, at least she knows, maybe it was just from the way he was acting, and the medications he was taking, whatever. They speak to each other like grown ups and confront each other with what they are feeling inside, which I have to applaud Golden Time for doing time and time again throughout, when most rom-com dramas of this nature just have them avoiding each other to pad the running time. Anyway, Banri is still saddened, but also agrees it's for the best, and the two promise to remain friends no matter what. Dang this is actually really kind of sad.

2 for 2, Banri calls everyone together to explain everything, and ends up going crazy at a crucial time. But yet again, this is of no big matter in the end because Kouko ends up explaining the whole situation to Mitsuo, who comes to Banri now understanding him and what he is going through. It's just 2D-kun and Chinami over here who are still somewhat in the dark, even though they have some grasp on what's going on. Keep 2D-kun in the loop at least guys, he low-key proves to be a rather goated character at times, coming in clutch when he is needed like taking down Banri when he was running away from Mitsuo just a few episodes ago.

So how will this all wrap up? Probably a happy ending, but again I am silently hoping for a bittersweet one where Banri does NOT recover his past year-and-a-half memories, which should make it hit even harder. Even though it does have its light-hearted side, I do think Golden Time can benefit from ending on just a slightly more somber note, we'll see.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 4, 2023 1:06 AM

Feb 2019
I can't believe they actually went with Banri losing all of his current memories.

But judging from the previews, the ending is still going to be Banri x Koko. This whole arc has made me sympathise more with her though, so my feelings on the matter are even more complicated than before. I still generally prefer Linda x Banri, but it's unlikely huh?
Sep 25, 2023 6:48 PM
Jul 2022
When you think that the characters have made some development, both the MC and Coco proves you wrong.
Sep 27, 2023 9:59 PM

Nov 2017
Damn, they killed my boy Banri. He didn't get either girl. 4ever alone. /:

What a tragic ending...I totally didn't see this coming. This is unjust, yo.
Jan 7, 9:04 AM

Jun 2017
Is the author sure what Amnesia is or he is conflating it with dementia !!
Honestly glad it would over in a single episode.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.