Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
May 4, 2008 3:31 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

KOKIA - songbird
After the latest album I decided to check her earlier stuff out. This album is okay, but very calm and not too great.

KOKIA - trip trip
Much better! I'm keeping this one for sure. Got two more albums to check out for now.

She Wants Revenge - She Wants Revenge
I had to get their first album as well after getting the second one. It's just as great. Interesting darkwave indie rock alternative something. xD
Modified by cyruz, May 4, 2008 3:43 PM

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 5, 2008 7:56 PM

cyruz said:
tainteddonut said:
The Roots - Rising Down
I'm loving this album, especially I Will Not Apologize.

Yep! Like I said in the hop hop club, the album is great and I Will Not Apologize is one of my fave tracks on it.

Just got as well.

ARIA The ORIGINATION Piano Collection II - Dipartenza -Tabidachi-
ARIA The ORIGINATION Drama CD I - Yuki
ARIA The ORIGINATION Drama CD II - Tsuki

Heck yes, more Aria love :3

May 6, 2008 3:21 AM

Karura said:
Neverender said:
Stop listening to 2, guys. 1, 3, and 4 are way better.

RADWIMPS 3 is the fucking best shit.

I actually liked 2 better than 3. Haven't listened to the others yet.

Anyways, another album.

Kalafina - Re~oblivious
Excellent remix album of the oblivious single. The only song I didn't like that much was oblivious ~ fukan fuukei mix, it didn't have the right feel to it imo.
On the second hand, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku ~ acoustic ver. is even better than the original. The original version is almost a bit too calm.
And Kizuato ~ piano 2 mix is pretty much equal to the original, I loved it.

May 6, 2008 3:57 AM

Justice - Cross (†)

This duo is being compared to Daft Punk a lot lately. Other than the fact that both duos are from France, their music is pretty different in the electronic genre. Stress, Genesis and Valentine are amazing, while their hit songs D.A.N.C.E and DVNO are definitely the weaker songs on the album.

Radiohead - The Bends

I think my brain is on the entire time I listen to music Neverender (the other half at the time was listening to SGX when I got the first Radiohead album). Yeah, not an actual opinion of the album.

ProtagonistRecords Promo Album

This came with the SGX album that I bought the other day. Two songs from Hy Bound, Siamey and Destructo.

May 6, 2008 7:49 AM

Maximum The Hormone - Rock impo goroshi
Maximum The Hormone - Bu-ikikaesu
Maximum The Hormone - Rock bankuwarase / minoreba rock

yay :D

May 6, 2008 1:22 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Escape The Fate - Dying Is Your Latest Fashion
Emocore. The first tracks on the album weren't that great, but after the first 3 are over the album gets quite good. Keeping it.

Escape The Fate - There's No Sympathy For The Dead EP
Compared to the a.m. album, there are only good tracks on his EP.

Sobzob said:
Kalafina - Re~oblivious
Excellent remix album of the oblivious single. The only song I didn't like that much was oblivious ~ fukan fuukei mix, it didn't have the right feel to it imo.
On the second hand, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku ~ acoustic ver. is even better than the original. The original version is almost a bit too calm.
And Kizuato ~ piano 2 mix is pretty much equal to the original, I loved it.

Yep, great remix. I don't know why last.fm scrobbled my tracks as [unknown] artist, but I'll have a closer look at this again tomorrow when I'm back at my place, listening to this again.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 6, 2008 9:58 PM

cyruz said:
Yep, great remix. I don't know why last.fm scrobbled my tracks as [unknown] artist, but I'll have a closer look at this again tomorrow when I'm back at my place, listening to this again.

It was the same for me, so I tagged them as "Kalafina" instead.

May 9, 2008 12:03 AM

Ghostface - Fishscale
Asia Engineer - happy
Bonnie Pink - Evil and Flowers

All respectable artists in their trade, will hopefully enjoy them all when I listen some time later.

May 10, 2008 8:59 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Buono! - Café Buono!
I really like this j-pop group, good music.

Einstürzende Neubauten - Alles Wieder Offen
German industrial.. I think... weird music but good lyrics. Might get some more of their stuff.

Disco Ensemble - Magic Recoveries
Finally! After First Aid Kit I was waiting for another album because I love FAK. It's a very good album, so far it cannot live up to FAK but I'll listen to it some more and see if it grows on me.

Celph Titled - The Gatalog: A Collection Of Chaos
This guy is fire! Only listened to the first Disc of this 4CD collection so far but it's awesome.

Apathy - It's The Bootleg, Muthafu@kas! Vol.1
Apathy - It's The Bootleg, Muthafu@kas! Vol.2: Hell's Lost & Found

Rougher than Celph but part of the same crew, great rap music.

Lupe Fiasco & Kanye West - The Coolest Graduates
Don't think I have to say anything about this. Two of the most educated rappers on one CD.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 11, 2008 12:24 AM

Broken Social Scene - Feel Good Lost
Pretty good indie-rock ambient album. Their next album is pretty rad apparently, can't wait to listen to that one soon.

Radiohead - OK Computer
Well, I suppose I must love it if I'm listening to the majority of the album over and over again for the past few days.

May 11, 2008 5:41 PM

36 Crazyfists - The Tide And Its Takers

Well, I've had this downloaded for about a month now, but I finally gave it a proper listen a couple days ago. Howard's guest vocals on "Clear The Coast" are excellent and the song is one of the heavier ones the band has done. Much better than what he contributed on the last album, imo. Everything else is what you'd expect with Brock's usual unique vocals. Also, Steve's Holt's guitarwork does sound a bit more impressive than it has in the past. I'm definitely pleased that they didn't take the music in the direction I feared they would after Rest Inside The Flames. That said, it doesn't hold a candle to A Snow Capped Romance. To me, it just lacks the emotion that I could feel from every song on that album.

The release has been pushed back to May 20th, but I'll definitely be picking it up.

Current favorite tracks: "Clear The Coast", "Vast and Vague", and "When Distance Is The Closest Reminder".

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

May 13, 2008 7:16 PM

The Beatnuts - Take it Or Squeeze it

Hip hop. It's pretty ok, I wasn't blown away by anything, then again I have yet to listen to it more then once.

May 14, 2008 5:13 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Anti-Flag - For Blood & Empire
Interesting lyrics. Thanks for the recommendation, Sobzob. Nice punk music, I'm keeping it. Gonna look out for more, too.

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki ED Single - Kyouran Senki ~ Nichijou no Kami-sama [Fujimura Ayumi]
Very funny, love it.

Wagaya no Oinari-sama OP Single - KI-ZU-NA ~Haruka Naru Mono he~ [Yoshida Hitomi]
I like this one too, the full version of the OP is good.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Best Album - Zetsubou Daisatsukai
Great tracks, I already knew a few of them but the last track -which is kinda hardcore compared to the others- is great, so I don't mind.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 14, 2008 6:40 AM

wow last cd i bought was probably Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
and single was probably like 5 years ago lol..no idea.
"obtained" on the other hand was the new Finger Eleven cd - i haven't listened to it yet so i can't say how it is - but Paralyzer is so catchy i had to check it out.
oh and some new High and Mighty Color songs too =D theyre awesome.
...haha no actually the last cd i bought was a mate of mines band's cd for $2 =P

May 14, 2008 10:01 PM

Obtained two more Radiohead albums: Kid A and In Rainbows. I think I should get some different music soon. Maybe get some Finger 11, like Ashlee said above.

May 15, 2008 1:49 PM

Heaven Shall Burn - Iconoclast

Yeah, some music from home sweet home Germany ^^ Well, HSB is very interesting for nearly every Metal Fan, they are bringing together Death Metal(Instrumental), Metalcore(Vocals) and Hardcore(Text), and it just sounds great together
Forgivness is an empty promise!

May 15, 2008 3:10 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

pAeddy said:

Yeah, some music from home sweet home Germany ^^ Well, HSB is very interesting for nearly every Metal Fan, they are bringing together Death Metal(Instrumental), Metalcore(Vocals) and Hardcore(Text), and it just sounds great together

Interesting, are the lyrics German?

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 15, 2008 10:42 PM
Flevans — Unfabulous
I don't exactly know what to classify as… nu-funk? nu-jazz? Well anyway, I likes it. Kind of a mesh of funky breaks, live instruments and cheeky samples. Very reminiscent of a lot of the music that comes out of Brighton.

May 16, 2008 5:29 AM

cyruz said:
pAeddy said:

nope they are in english, just search for heaven shall burn in youtube^^
Forgivness is an empty promise!

May 16, 2008 5:35 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

pAeddy said:
cyruz said:
pAeddy said:

nope they are in english, just search for heaven shall burn in youtube^^

Nice, I shall check them out.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 16, 2008 5:54 AM

cyruz said:
pAeddy said:
cyruz said:
pAeddy said:

nope they are in English, just search for heaven shall burn in youtube^^

Nice, I shall check them out.

Me too.

Radiohead - Amnesiac
Not as good as Kid A. I like to get straight to the point with these guys, because everyone else in the world has probably heard all their stuff anyway. No use typing a long review. xD

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
I finally got it Cyruz. Just 5 minutes ago. Be happy. This technically is my first hip-hop album.

May 16, 2008 6:11 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

BlueYoshi said:
Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
I finally got it Cyruz. Just 5 minutes ago. Be happy. This technically is my first hip-hop album.

Haha, you've done well, coming so far. Hope you enjoy it. :D

[edit]: Checked out Heaven Shall Burn. Not my kinda music, might me Metalcore but it's not melodic enough for me.
Modified by cyruz, May 16, 2008 8:24 AM

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 17, 2008 4:58 AM

Alright, lets see...

Several Kokia albums, so I'll just list them all under the same.
Kokia - Songbird, trip trip, Remember me, Uta ga Chikara and Aigakikoeru
Liked them all, Kokia is definitely one of my favorite j-pop artists!

Sword of the Stranger Original Soundtrack
The music was much better while being in the movie, but it was still a fairly good soundtrack. I was mainly after the ending texts song anyways.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Original Soundtrack Out Tracks
Good tracks on this one as well, though the original soundtrack itself is much better.

Fate/Stay Night Arrange Sound Album - Avalon
I liked this one a lot, the English versions of This Illusion, Illusion/Vision and Illusion/Fate are pretty damn good.

May 19, 2008 9:43 PM

Wu-Tang Clan - The W
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu Tang Forever

Wu-tang is my second favorite rap group period, and I loved their first album. Not sure how well these will stack up against the masterful 36 Chambers.

May 20, 2008 7:16 AM

Recently got Ill Niño's latest album, Enigma.
It's metal, with a latin twist. I love 'em. Very good if you're looking for some original metal. My favorite tracks are "Estoy Perdino" and "2012".
The album was very good, but I liked Confession more. I give it an 8/10.

May 21, 2008 5:14 AM

With the addition of Radiohead's Hail to the Thief to my music library (getting really close to 1000 songs), I now have all 7 of their albums. 3 best albums would have to be OK Computer, Kid A and In Rainbows, with 15 Step, Subterranean Homesick Alien and In Limbo as my fav 3 songs.

K-os - Exit
The debut album from Canadian Rapper K-os (Kevin Brereton) which was released in 2002. I've been itching to get this album after listening to 'Freeze' on SSX3 long ago, and so far it is meeting my expectations. Very solid album; K-os mixes quite a bit of styles here, with some nice RnB, funk and reggae.

Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
I hear lots of good things from this album. Still listening through the album some more. But so far Anthems For A Seventeen-Year-Old Girl and Almost Crimes are the standout songs. Awesome baroque pop/indie rock. I also obtained their next release today; Bee Hives, which is a collection of some B-Sides.

May 22, 2008 4:09 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Chi's Sweet Home OP Single - Ouchi ga Ichiban [Koorogi Satomi]
Just for the heck of it, the anime is so insanely cute.

Nijuu Mensou no Musume OP Single - Kasumi [369]
Very nice OP to a very nice anime. The other songs on the release are good, too.

Real Drive OP Single - Wanderland [9mm Parabellum Bullet]
Nicely rock-ish.

kurenai ED Single - crossing days [Shintani Ryouko]
I find this one oddly special, sounds good to me and I'll keep it.

3 Doors Down - 3 Doors Down
No idea why they released another self-titled album, but who cares. It's very nice, I especially like the calm and slow tracks.

Utada Hikaru - Prisoner Of Love
Yay, new Hikaru music! Very nice tracks, I hope there will be a new album sometime soon.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 22, 2008 6:26 AM

Macross Frontier ED Single - Diamond Crevasse [Sheryl Nome starring May_n]
I just really like the music in Macross F and cannot wait till the OST comes out

May 22, 2008 3:59 PM

Lupe Fiasco - Tapemasters Inc-Follow The Leader

Mostly a bunch of remixes, though there are some new material.

Lupe Fiasco - Trials and Tribulations

Mixtape with a lot of new, unpopular songs.

May 27, 2008 5:42 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

HOME MADE 家族 (HOME MADE Kazoku) - ROCK THE WORLD
Nice chilly hip-hop from Japan. Decided to check out their music after falling in love with their Shounen Heart single I heard when watching Eureka seveN. This album is decent.

HOME MADE 家族 - musication
Great album, their best.

HOME MADE 家族 - FAMILIA
A bit disappointing, not as good as the other two albums.

Flobots - Fight With Tools
Great stuff, different hip-hop. The lyrics are pretty great, but it's not awesome imo. I'm definitely keeping it though, thanks for the recommendation, eazy.

KOKIA - aihakikoeru
Hadn't listened to that one yet, good tracks but this album can't reach The VOICE's quality either.

Kamen no Maid Guy OP Single - Special Life! [KOTOKO]
The anime sucks ballz but the OP song is pretty cool.

Rebuild of Evangelion - EVANGELION 1.0 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE Original Soundtrack
Very nice soundtrack, not amazing but good enough.

RD Sennou Chousashitsu OP Single - Wanderland [9mm Parabellum Bullet]
One of the better OPs this season.

Nijuumensou no Musume OP Single - Kasumi [369]
I like this a lot, calm songs by male j-pop singers are usually not my cup of tea but this one is great.

Utada Hikaru - Prisoner Of Love
Great single. If she's working on an album with other tracks like this, it will be awesome.

Chi's Sweet Home OP Single - Ouchi ga Ichiban [Koorogi Satomi]
I just had to. xD

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki ED Single - THE PITFALL [Kondou Takayuki]

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 27, 2008 7:18 PM

Zero 7 - Simple Things

Chill.

May 27, 2008 7:25 PM

That it is.

May 28, 2008 5:03 AM

hmm, i guess it was the in flames single and album ^^
its amazing, if you like metal, go and get it :)

Eh?

May 28, 2008 6:11 AM

Kyou Kara Maoh Character Album

May 28, 2008 6:30 AM

Poets Of The Fall "Revolution Roulette" (indie/soft rock)
I was trully disappointed with it :( I'm kinda fond of POF, especially of their vocals, but this album sounds like eeeem... My first thought was "They've changed front-man?!" Music and voice both become "higher" and i can't hear it's captivating low timbre any more :/ Anyway, previous one was much better.

Ukrainian fansub http://uanime.org.ua

May 30, 2008 11:58 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Disturbed - Indestructible
Went to check out the new album, the CD is pre-ordered but I couldn't wait. The album is very awesome, a worthy successor of Ten Thousand Fists. Great music, lyrics as awesome as what we're used to. The Night, Criminal, and Divide are probably my fave tracks so far. 8.5/10 at the moment. Facade is a pretty good too.
Modified by cyruz, May 30, 2008 12:05 PM

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

May 30, 2008 12:42 PM

i haven't bought any new albums in a long time.
the last one would have to be
Rammstein - Rosenrot
why? because rammstein freaking PWNS.

oooh and

HIM - Uneasy Listening Vol. 1
because there my favorite band and everytime i listen to a new c.d (whether its new songs, or just remixes) i feel like im falling in love with the band all over again.
ville valo's voice and lyrics always puts me in a better mood.

May 30, 2008 5:51 PM

Obtained first singles from the Spring Season:

MOSAIC.W - Chousai Kenbo Sengen (aka: the Kyouran Kazoku Nikki OP)
Kanon Wakeshima - Still Doll (aka: the Vampire Knight ED)

I love both these songs, and of course the full version is even better. I also obtained Nightwish's debut album Angels Fall First last week. Not bad; a few good songs on there, but nothing too great from this album.

May 30, 2008 10:00 PM

IF - Mindless Self Indulgence. It's pretty good.
better looking than u

May 31, 2008 8:20 PM

Murs - The End of the Beginning (Hip-Hop)

Good stuff.

Hip-Hop albums not completely listened to yet:
Murs - 3:16 - 9th Edition
P.O.S. - Ipecac Neat
Organized Konfusion -Discography
Rakim - Discography
Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory
(eazy's rec)
RZA - Bobby Digital in Stereo
Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People
Handsome Boy Modeling School - So How's Your Girl?

Hip-Hop albums thanks to Neverender:
Murs - Murray's Revenge
Grayskul - Deadlivers

I had some spare time, decided to pick up some hip hop stuff. Big thanks to Neverender for finding the albums I requested, both I've longed to have for quite some time.
Modified by Karura, May 31, 2008 9:39 PM

Jun 4, 2008 6:47 AM

Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene
Along with its accompaning EP: To Be You And Me, their 3rd self-titled album is definitely their best album yet.

Nightwish - Oceanborn
Vast improvement from Angels Fall First.

Also obtained another single from the Spring08 anime season:

Muramasa - Swinging (aka the Tower of Druaga OP)

Jun 4, 2008 7:30 PM
Tilly and The Wall - O

Embarrassed/ashamed that I never got it earlier when it leaked. And wow, there's more percussion and less tap dancing in this from what I can hear, which isn't that cool.

Jun 7, 2008 4:37 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Momentan - Finderlohn
German underground hiphop, very good. It's good to see that some level headed rappers still exist in Germany. Props to Paws for the recommendation.

Fightstar - One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours
Rock, post-hardcore. Very nice album, I'm gonna go see if I can get more of their stuff.

The Dirty Secrets - The Dirty Secrets
Recommendation from a friend in r/l, some aussie rock. Nicely different sound, but nothing that amazed me.

PERSONA -trinity soul- OP2 Single - WORD OF THE VOICE [Flow]
Very nice opening, can't beat the first OP song but still good enough.

Beat Crusaders - popdod
Very nice album, one of the few Japanese bands I really like. Worth getting for sure.

D12 - Return Of The Dozen
Finally some new shit from these guys. The Mixtape is good, but say what you want, it ain't the same without Em. He should've been on some tracks. But it's good to hear some lines by Big Proof again, they must've hidden 'em in the basement. R.I.P.

Vampire Knight ED Single - still doll [Wakeshima Kanon]
Great ED, the other tracks on the release are awesome too. Vampire Knight has really good music, I'm getting the OST too. If there's one.

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki ED Single - Codename wa Lady-X [Fujita Yoshinori]
Vampire Knight OP Single - Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi [ON/OFF]
Blassreiter OP Single - Detarame na Zanzou [GranRodeo]
Zettai Karen Children ED Single - Zettai love X love Sengen!! [Karen Girl's]

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Jun 7, 2008 11:01 PM

Journey - Revelation

New Filipino lead singer, Arnel Pineda. (Represent!) Sounds just like Steve Perry.

Jun 8, 2008 3:30 AM

LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
"Losing My Edge" is the best song I've heard all year. The rest of LCD Soundsystem's Double-CD debut album is full of win.

Jun 8, 2008 5:28 AM

Tom Waits - ALICE

Haunting songs with rejected lovers, flower's graves, fair monsters, two-headed men, melancholy, hell, suicide..

Watch you as you disapear: Is my favourite so far.
Head Over Heels

Jun 9, 2008 10:34 PM

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

I've never really taken a look at Coldplay before this album, but I must say, it was a good choice that I obtained this.

Jun 10, 2008 3:08 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Soul Eater OP - resonance [T.M.Revolution]
Finally it's out, sounds awesome! The second track on the release is nice, too. Hope he comes up with a new album soon.

Shugo Chara! OP2 ED3 Single - Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! [Buono!]
Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Is awesome, the best Shugo Chara song so far. Minna Daisuki disappointed me a little though.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Jun 10, 2008 2:01 PM

runawaydroid - Lies, Cries and Goodbyes (EP)
Wonderful post-hardcore. These guys should get signed soon. Recommended.

Disturbed - Indestructible
omg, finally. The wait was worth it. Amazing album. The Night, Criminal and Inside the Fire are my favorite tracks. I'm a little surprised to see Perfect Insanity on the album (b-side from Ten Thousand Fists, if I'm correct).

Paramore - Riot
Really catchy rock-songs and great energy = Awesome album. Paramore are definitely new favorites of mine. :D

Jun 10, 2008 7:12 PM
Karura said:
Coldplay - Viva la Vida

I've never really taken a look at Coldplay before this album, but I must say, it was a good choice that I obtained this.

Got this one the other day as well, listened through it once and am still not sure what to think of it.

Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »