Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
MORI-SAMA

I was kinda expecting more flashbacks again with Dark Flame Master and their own contract. Think I took a little feel trip this episode. I think Satone now knows that Rikka and Yuta belongs together with their lover's contract. Still no kiss though, damn

Mar 19, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2009
This episode proves how unnecesary was even introducing Shichimiya in this season.
Mar 19, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
Pink hair girl's tear makes him confused, but he still got to Chuuni girl, who got sick the next day. Mori Summer told him what she knows about the pink hair girl. She's still overcoming. Hirune sempai is jealous of those "Chuunibyou" people being understandable to each other. The search for the chuuni girl, doing some sort of releasing spell, and the fight between the main guy and pink hair girl, who got well after that.

Next ep. is final?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2014 1:33 PM

May 2011
bastek66 said:
This episode proves how unnecesary was even introducing Shichimiya in this season.

Which is a shame cause her character could have been really well done.

Outside of the Mori Summer hijinks this season has been a dull and pointless.

It's just been boring moe fanservice pandering all season.
Mar 19, 2014 2:32 PM

Aug 2012
bastek66 said:

Agree. I like her though.
But just as expected, no shit happened in this season at all. Watching imocho is more entertaining than this - not a joke for me.

Last episode next week. Thank god this idiocy will now meet its end. Let's hope s3 won't come in order to avoid more blasphemy for this series.
Mar 19, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2013
well we had some action in this episode

Mori-sama coming back from ashes (well kinda)

And the resurrection of Dark Flame master......

But this pretty much ended the Shischimiya Arc ;____; I thought it was kinda rushed sort the say, I still can`t believe how Shichimiya remained composed when Yuuta hugged Rikka and how fast she lost her feelings for him.... I dunno I feel bad for her, rejecting her own feelings it`s very sad...

Will the last episode end up with filler?
Mar 19, 2014 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
If KyoAni doesn't deliver next episode they're going piss off alot of their fans,and this season would have been even more so unnecessary.

Then again not even a kiss could save this lackluster season.
Mar 20, 2014 12:32 AM

Jan 2014
Extrieve said:

But this pretty much ended the Shischimiya Arc ;____; I thought it was kinda rushed sort the say, I still can`t believe how Shichimiya remained composed when Yuuta hugged Rikka and how fast she lost her feelings for him.... I dunno I feel bad for her, rejecting her own feelings it`s very sad...

Will the last episode end up with filler?

Remember episode 3:
Yuuta:"You never said bye or see you"
Satone: "Because that would mean we would have to part.The moment you say a word of parting, you've already parted"

Schimiya finished this with a "bye-bye". I guess we know what is going to happen next episode.
Mar 20, 2014 4:17 AM

Apr 2013
This is what happen when they decided to go original (completely different from novel)...Shichimiya become unnecessary character and this season is kinda pointless. At least this is still more enjoyable than most of winter anime...
Please at least give a decent final episode to wrap up the season or else...
Mar 20, 2014 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
Cedronia said:
This is what happen when they decided to go original (completely different from novel)...Shichimiya become unnecessary character and this season is kinda pointless. At least this is still more enjoyable than most of winter anime...
Please at least give a decent final episode to wrap up the season or else...

Totally agree. I was expecting a lot more from Schimiya when this season was announced. I was expectin she to be like the novel. This instead was a full load of moe service, and stupid kumin scenes.
Mar 20, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
The Nibutani x Yuuta subtext was strong on this one XD

Honestly I don't blame Yuuta from accepting Satone's answer about her recovery, after all, he isn't her boyfriend and under no responsability to get involved. Actually it was easier to mess up if he showed he cared like Nibutani wanted.

And so basically this season was spent by Rikka getting in trouble and playing scavenger in the hope that her relationship with Yuuta would improve that way rather than actually...you know, spend time with him and work towards it...the idiocy is staggering!

Glad Satone overcame her feelings, agree that it felt rushed but she deserves better anyway. I suppose the Bye bye means she may move home last episode or something.

Well, one more to go and I can forget this happened...good!
Mar 20, 2014 9:20 PM

Jun 2013
Rikka is a keyblade master who knew
Mar 20, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Very cute episode. I got a bit teary when Yuuta was yelling Rikka's name and Shichimiya was starting to cry running behind him.

When she said bye-bye at the end of the episode i hope she isn't leaving....

Next week final episode, cant wait.
My Candies:
Mar 20, 2014 10:48 PM

Sep 2013
"Do you know how they say that love is like a dream? With a dream, you eventually wake up from it. It's hard to force yourself to wake up." Amazing words Kumin.

Nibutani loves her Chuuns :3

I think Deko might have a thing for Nibutani based on her reaction.

The coin bit was cool.

Awesome fight, but the Dark Flame dragon looked more like a Dark Vine Dragon XD

"Bye-bye" Such a sweet moment, I can't wait to see how it ends.
Mar 20, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah this season is disappointing, Satone hasn't really served much purpose lol, Yuuta was never interested in her so there was never any real suspense that something would happen.

Yuuta and Rikka is such a father daughter relationship except with the occasional cute moment, this series is going nowhere fast sadly. I really enjoyed the first season as a lot more happened and I found it pretty hilarious (I guess the whole Chunibyou things getting stale for me).

Oh well, Mori Summer <3
Mar 20, 2014 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was pretty cute. That coin finding trip was alright.

Shichimiya vs Dark Flame Dragon part was good.
Mar 20, 2014 11:15 PM

May 2013
Mori Summer sighting again lol. This was a good episode. That bye-bye at the end got to me a bit.
Mar 20, 2014 11:31 PM

Oct 2012
Well as much as I've liked Satone opposed to all the other characters in this show, she has been extremely irrelevant to the show and if she does leave the series next episode like I think she will it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

I don't think anything that happens next week can save what has been a pretty mediocre season in my mind.
Mar 20, 2014 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
So... what was the point of this season again?
Mar 21, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
What was the purpose of Shichimiya's character again? I thought at first she's in for the potential love triangle plot but Yuuta x Rikka was pretty much impregnable and their relationship would have progressed even without her. Like I said about last week's episode: it's like she was only introduced just so we can see her suffer.

Cedronia said:
This is what happen when they decided to go original (completely different from novel)

Ahh so that explains it. Is Shichimiya a better character in the LN?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 21, 2014 12:07 AM
Jul 2012
Shichimiya should replace Rikka.
Mar 21, 2014 12:24 AM

Apr 2012
TravSavage said:
So... what was the point of this season again?

my thoughts exactly lol

Mar 21, 2014 12:39 AM
Dec 2011
OMFG you people are almost as dense as Yuuta.

Satone was introduced to bring Rikka and Yuuta closer together. That was the whole point. They became closer than they were thanks to Satone; she was not irrelevant. Damn, that should be obvious. Anyways, it'll be sad to see her leave next episode.
Mar 21, 2014 12:53 AM

Aug 2013
Rapidfir3Pho3nix said:
OMFG you people are almost as dense as Yuuta.

Satone was introduced to bring Rikka and Yuuta closer together. That was the whole point. They became closer than they were thanks to Satone; she was not irrelevant. Damn, that should be obvious. Anyways, it'll be sad to see her leave next episode.

We have Touka and Nibutani to do that.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 21, 2014 12:55 AM

Jan 2013
u ok satone
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Mar 21, 2014 1:19 AM

Dec 2010
The ending with her saying "bye bye" was pretty heartbreaking for some reason. It seems too final, and I guess reminds me that the show is ending next week. This was a great episode, lots or wrapping up of thoughts and feelings, all in a nice emotional package.

I have to agree that this season isn't as good as the first season, but its still a joy to watch! I wonder how they plan on ending this though...
Mar 21, 2014 1:24 AM

May 2013
Haha, Dekomori was mad to Satone here. Well, I'm glad that there's character developments in this episode
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 21, 2014 1:33 AM

Mar 2013
Was I the only one who thought this episode felt a little too fast-paced? They just didn't seem to take the time to set an atmosphere and pushed the dialog (especially when they first talk about the blue moon). It felt like they needed to rush things a bit to get the story to the point they wanted it to be. It might only be me though.
Mar 21, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2009
Shichimiya T_T
Mar 21, 2014 1:53 AM

Nov 2013
After the impressive, emotional cliffhanger in the previous episode, I feel that this episode was a huge letdown. Not only did they quickly diffuse the atmosphere by having Sophia run away and cutting to Rikka's cold on the next day, but also the way she reconciled her feelings for Yuuta didn't make any sense at all. Challenging him to a fight and watching him find Rikka and summon the Dark Flame Dragon was interesting, but I don't see how it could lift all her stress.

On another note, Nibutani went full Dekomori on Yuuta rofl
Mar 21, 2014 2:15 AM

Oct 2011
horrible disappointing season. That's all I can say. Season 1 is way better than this. One more episode and can't say I want more. I'm happy that it's ending.
Mar 21, 2014 2:18 AM
Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
I can only agree. From start I disliked the idea of a love triangle in this show, anyway.
Mar 21, 2014 2:31 AM

Dec 2011
xxdeathx said:
After the impressive, emotional cliffhanger in the previous episode, I feel that this episode was a huge letdown. Not only did they quickly diffuse the atmosphere by having Sophia run away and cutting to Rikka's cold on the next day, but also the way she reconciled her feelings for Yuuta didn't make any sense at all. Challenging him to a fight and watching him find Rikka and summon the Dark Flame Dragon was interesting, but I don't see how it could lift all her stress.

On another note, Nibutani went full Dekomori on Yuuta rofl
Took the words out of my mouth. The follow-up as to what happens to Satone afterwards is weak, and the focus half the time is Yuuta and Rikka's relationship--echoing other people's sentiments, it pretty much invalidates Satone's character (which is sad because I've grown to like her quite a bit).

And no one gets over people that fast. Even if you're chuunibyou lol

I wonder how Yuuta's gonna react to her "byebye" in the next ep...
Mar 21, 2014 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
Shichimiya finally said it!
"Bye Bye"
It's officially over!

Mar 21, 2014 2:56 AM

Dec 2013
Does Nibutani love Yuta more than a friend O.o?
Mar 21, 2014 3:17 AM

May 2009
Jakerams said:
Shichimiya should replace Rikka.

Replacing established character with shit character would be complete turd.
Mar 21, 2014 4:42 AM

Feb 2012
It's amazing how "bye-bye" can leave a dramatic impact! I don't want Shichimiya to leaaaaave! Noooo!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 21, 2014 5:15 AM

Jul 2013
Wow Kumin-senpai.. who knew she was capable of such wisdom.

Dekomori getting jealous of Satone XD

I feel like a love triangle between Dekomori x Nibutani x Satone would be much more epic.
Mar 21, 2014 5:20 AM

Jul 2012
Well...that was a lame resolution :/

Maybe I'm being insensitive but the reactions and reasoning just felt so...stupid.
Especially that whole thing with reviving the 'Dark Flame Dragon' and how incredibly over-dramatised Rikka's little hunt was.
Sorry Rikka, I can't help but find your actions rather idiotic.

This episode just dropped my score from a 7 to a 6... or lower. It sure left a sour taste in my mouth.

Only thing I liked was Satone's 'bye bye'.
Even if her character didn't serve much of a purpose, she's still my favourite.
Ga_LaxyMar 21, 2014 5:24 AM
Mar 21, 2014 5:22 AM

Sep 2013
So she figured out she loved him, let him know how she feels, and got over it all in a matter of 3 episodes..

Would have enjoyed it more if they never introduced Satone, and just developed Yuuta x Rikka.

Ah well, Rikka's still cute without her eyepatch/contact.
LusboxMar 21, 2014 5:26 AM
Mar 21, 2014 5:31 AM

May 2009
I think people are seriously underestimating Satone's importance.

Without her, Yuuta and Rikka would never have gotten so far in their relationship as they have now. They'd still be at a standstill and the question would become more "when will they break up?", instead of "When are they gonna do something?"

I will agree that I expected more form her, but she fulfilled her purpose, so now she can disappear with a smile, probably never to be seen again. And that's fine with me.

I liked how Yuuta immediately realized what Satone wanted from him, and how he showed he didn't really feel much for her when he left her to find RIkka. Interesting how the tables turned on our two chuuni girls. First, Satone encouraged Rikka to fight her own inner demons to overcome that which held back her love for Yuuta, then Rikka returns the favor by awakening the Dark Flame Dragon and have Satone battle her own demons.

I guess a lot of people here got what they wanted: Satone left without proposing to Yuuta. But, since he knew what was on her mind, I don t think her actually confessing would have helped much anyway, as she knew right away he wasn't interested in her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2014 5:37 AM
Aug 2013
Hmm~ let me share what I think. I mean, you guys kept saying that Shichimiya is irrelevant but I don't really think so.

This is what I think:

Since the beginning, Rikka's mission had been to revive/bring out or whatever the Dark Flame Dragon. After they had that contract, I believe the purpose of bringing out the Dark Flame Dragon was to raise their contract/relationship to a higher level.

According to the memo shown in episode 11, the way to revive the Dark Flame Dragon was those three keys. Shichimiya had one of the keys. Yuuta gave it to her in middle school, and she gave the coin/key back on the class trip.

And well she did stir some jealousy [though I think she most effectively made Rikka jealous in the LN.]

So I believe she's relevant, because they were able to revive the Dark Flame Dragon because the keys were complete.

I actually think it's a good plot. I mean they wanna do it the chuunibyou way, let them be. I appreciate the anime.

//I'm actually one of those masochists that ship SatoneXYuuta just sharing T_T
Mar 21, 2014 5:59 AM
Feb 2012
Felt like a really lifeless episode. The whole season feels so forced in many instances... the chunibyou fights are as fun as ever, but the rest feels bland and boring to me. They should've stopped after the first season.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 21, 2014 6:29 AM

Nov 2012
The bye-bye sounded like Shichimiya is planning to jump from the balcony as a suicide attempt. It was kind of ridiculous how Yuuta got so angry with Rikka about going outside with a cold. He seems more like an older brother than a boyfriend most of the time with her. Pretty disappointed with this season.
Mar 21, 2014 6:54 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
What is bye-bye suppose to mean?!
is she leaving the show?
Is she pushing him out of her heart?
Is she just going somewhere and saying bye-bye like a normal person? Though je-nai would have been said... chuunibyou may say bye bye.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 21, 2014 7:05 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. Just wow. I can't get any more mad than I am right now.

Best only good thing about this ep was Dekomori's "Do your homework or die at home," Mori Summer's brief appearance, and the revival scene. Everything else...fuck it.
Mar 21, 2014 7:08 AM

Apr 2007
kyoani has been mailing it in this entire season
Mar 21, 2014 7:39 AM
Sep 2010
Worst episode of this season. Everything was boring and the Rikka part wasn't really any better. I just hope to see some more romantic stuff (damn, just kiss already!) in the last ep, because Rikka didn't do anything beside being shy and jealous in Ren so far.
Mar 21, 2014 8:01 AM
Oct 2010
VanishingKira said:
not even a kiss could save this lackluster season.
This... Just this.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 21, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2012
The bye-bye at the end is her going to move away or just cut all connection to the hero?

Great episode!!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.