Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:
I don't like space dandy because it is terrible.

Don't force a bunch of underlying reasons on it. The show sucks. Japan knows it. Most of mal knows it. The only people who seem to still make excuses for it are people who liked cowboy bebop so much that they will defend every show related to it for the rest of time.
That is just your opinion, just because you think it's terrible doesn't mean it is. It makes sense that it wouldn't be that well received in Japan because it is western influenced like Cowboy Bebop. It obviously would appeal a lot more to western audiences (mainly American) than Japanese otakus. Where is your proof that most of Mal thinks it sucks? That is a generalization ,not everyone who likes Space Dandy is a Cowboy Bebop fan. Space Dandy isn't even that similar to Cowboy Bebop, the only similarities they have are that they were created by Watanabe, are episodic and set in space and the characters use a spaceship to travel around.

Then why isn't it well received in America? Or or the internet? Or anywhere?

The fucking show is full of pandering, fan service, and dumb jokes. It is the perfect example of something Japanese Otaku like.

Also thats exactly why fanboys should stop defending it.

It sucks. The fact that it was directed by Watanabe doesn't magically make it good.

By that fucking logic, Samurai Flamenco was AOTY 2013 because the director of Durarara made it.
It was very well received on Toonami so I don't know what you are talking about. So what if it has fanservice? The sexual fanservice doesn't take over the anime like what you would find in an ecchi anime. As I said before it is just your opinion that it sucks, it is not a fact. I never said or implied that since it is directed by Watanabe it is automatically good. It is not perfect but also not terrible as you constantly claim.
Apr 15, 2014 5:24 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:
I don't like space dandy because it is terrible.

Don't force a bunch of underlying reasons on it. The show sucks. Japan knows it. Most of mal knows it. The only people who seem to still make excuses for it are people who liked cowboy bebop so much that they will defend every show related to it for the rest of time.
That is just your opinion, just because you think it's terrible doesn't mean it is. It makes sense that it wouldn't be that well received in Japan because it is western influenced like Cowboy Bebop. It obviously would appeal a lot more to western audiences (mainly American) than Japanese otakus. Where is your proof that most of Mal thinks it sucks? That is a generalization ,not everyone who likes Space Dandy is a Cowboy Bebop fan. Space Dandy isn't even that similar to Cowboy Bebop, the only similarities they have are that they were created by Watanabe, are episodic and set in space and the characters use a spaceship to travel around.

Then why isn't it well received in America? Or or the internet? Or anywhere?

The fucking show is full of pandering, fan service, and dumb jokes. It is the perfect example of something Japanese Otaku like.

Also thats exactly why fanboys should stop defending it.

It sucks. The fact that it was directed by Watanabe doesn't magically make it good.

By that fucking logic, Samurai Flamenco was AOTY 2013 because the director of Durarara made it.
It was very well received on Toonami so I don't know what you are talking about. So what if it has fanservice? The sexual fanservice doesn't take over the anime like what you would find in an ecchi anime. As I said before it is just your opinion that it sucks, it is not a fact. I never said or implied that since it is directed by Watanabe it is automatically good. It is not perfect but also not terrible as you constantly claim.

Links to its ratings on toonami?
Apr 15, 2014 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
http://toonamifaithful.com/toonami-ratings-for-april-5th-2014/ http://www.tvmediainsights.com/adult-swim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-march-31-2014/Space Dandy always has high weekly tv ratings on Toonami.
DrGeroCreationApr 15, 2014 5:51 PM
Apr 15, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
So space dandy has good ratings compared to reruns and black lagoon, when it is slotted in the earliest timeslot?

Are those ratings supposed to be good now?
Apr 15, 2014 5:59 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
So space dandy has good ratings compared to reruns and black lagoon, when it is slotted in the earliest timeslot?

Space Dandy had a higher rating than a popular battle shonen anime like One Piece so yes I would say it has damn good ratings plus the One Piece episodes shown on Toonami aren't reruns .
Apr 15, 2014 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:

Space Dandy had a higher rating than a popular battle shonen anime like One Piece so yes I would say it has damn good ratings plus the One Piece episodes shown on Toonami aren't reruns .

higher rating because it comes on earlier.

seriously man one piece's target audience isn't watching cartoons at midnight.
Apr 15, 2014 6:08 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:

I still don't see how it (Space Dandy) doesn't have good ratings on Toonami as you are implying.
Apr 15, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:

I still don't see how it (Space Dandy) doesn't have good ratings on Toonami as you are implying.

You seem to be confusing "good ratings" with "good ratings compared to the other stuff on toonami"
Apr 15, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SolviteSekai said:

You seem to be confusing "good ratings" with "good ratings compared to the other stuff on toonami"
I don't believe so .There is nothing that shows it has or had bad ratings on Toonami so my previous point still stands that it was well received on Toonami.
Apr 23, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
SolviteSekai said:
SetsukoHara said:
SolviteSekai said:
Battlechili1 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Chili-Changa said:
It makes you care about the random characters you meet each episode.
space dandy is the only show other than trigun that will make you give a shit about a bunch of plants

Precisely! IT MADE PEOPLE GET FEELS OVER PLANTS
If that isn't good writing, I don't know what is.

So Space Dandy is good because Trigun was good?

Uh, no. That's not what they meant.

its not what they said, its what they meant.

That's not what I meant.
I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes of Trigun and that one movie.
Apr 25, 2014 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
When other shows do ecchi, comedy and little plot suddenly it's horrible, the hypocrisy is disgusting.
Toonami ratings? it's barely above bleach even when it has fillers and space dandy airs earlier too which is a disgrace.
Apr 26, 2014 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
There is a better way of asking. I think what the OP means is that he just wants to hear others opinions and views on the series.

I ask this quite alot as well, especially fairy tail. I don't understand it has such a huge fan following, other people hate it well other people love it and i just want fans to share that insight with me and tell me some of the negative or positive aspects to the show.

To answer the OP's question. This series has quite alot of parodies and references from other shows and the humerus tone of the show is really the selling point. Its just a shame that story didn't really go anywhere, it kind of felt a bit redundant after a while and im sure alot of people feel this same way in some regards.

I am hoping that the S2 will kind of move forward a bit on the pacing of the actual story.

Apr 26, 2014 7:26 AM

Jan 2013
link9us said:
There is a better way of asking. I think what the OP means is that he just wants to hear others opinions and views on the series.

I ask this quite alot as well, especially fairy tail. I don't understand it has such a huge fan following, other people hate it well other people love it and i just want fans to share that insight with me and tell me some of the negative or positive aspects to the show.

To answer the OP's question. This series has quite alot of parodies and references from other shows and the humerus tone of the show is really the selling point. Its just a shame that story didn't really go anywhere, it kind of felt a bit redundant after a while and im sure alot of people feel this same way in some regards.

I am hoping that the S2 will kind of move forward a bit on the pacing of the actual story.

There is no actual story.

And like ichii said, its funny how fan service and references are ok when Shaft or Bones do it, but not when others do it.
Apr 29, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2007
SolviteSekai said:
Have people still not accepted that this show is mediocre?

There's a limit to how far a famous director can carry a bad show.

Someone give me some reasons for why I should pick this back up.

the show is mediocre at best, quite boring actually

but why do you complain about other people enjoying the show? :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
Peralisc said:
SolviteSekai said:
Have people still not accepted that this show is mediocre?

There's a limit to how far a famous director can carry a bad show.

Someone give me some reasons for why I should pick this back up.

the show is mediocre at best, quite boring actually

but why do you complain about other people enjoying the show? :/

Because I have nothing better to do.
May 4, 2014 6:18 AM

Apr 2012
I think the shows really suffers from inconsistency. Some episodes are simply great and others are just plain boring. I guess its the problem episodic anime tend to have in general...
May 17, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Lets keep the hype train rolling.
May 19, 2014 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
this show is a lot of fun, and it looks great. And yeah it actually has a pretty large fanbase in america. The fact that its getting a season 2 is evidence of that.
May 25, 2014 3:50 AM

May 2012
Daimidaler which is currently airing is much more fun to watch. I laughed in every episode. Space dandy barely made me laugh
May 25, 2014 4:06 AM

Dec 2013
luckily only westerns get these hype
~.~
May 25, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2013
WyattEarp said:
this show is a lot of fun, and it looks great. And yeah it actually has a pretty large fanbase in america. The fact that its getting a season 2 is evidence of that.

No it is split cour.

There was always going to be a "season 2"

FWIW this shows sales are god awful so Japan doesnt like it either.
May 30, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2013
Totally, one of the best shows in the past few years. A jewel
Jun 4, 2014 8:18 PM

Feb 2014
I finally watched the first episode and it was pretty meh aside from the art and music. I'll give it a few more episodes but I don't know.
Jun 16, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2012
Basically every PV told us this show would be a mindlessly fun watch with all sorts of zany antics and imagination put into it along with great music and that's exactly what we got.

Even with the director and the space setting I have absolutely no idea why people were expecting a Bebop 2.0
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.