Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Buddy Complex Episode 11 Discussion

Mar 18, 2014 11:42 PM

Kind of a boring episode in my eyes. The second part was a lot more interesting though, and now I'm beginning to wonder how time travel works in this series' universe. Also, there is no way this is a 1 cour show, it's impossible to reach a conclusion in the amount of episodes left.

Mar 19, 2014 12:01 AM

shinsa said:
I think this anime is going to end up trolling us and end with Hina going back to start the time loop again.

Or maybe only her memory passed to another Hina on the past.
About her giant mech..... errrr.

lol so confusing

Mar 19, 2014 12:36 AM

Didn't like it too much at the start because the part with Hina and her father seemed rather anticlimatic. The aftermath of Hina's emotional breakdown was also handled poorly imo.
It got better towards the end though now that Dio knows his situation. His story will be taken more seriously.

I also think Hina traveled back further than Aoba and for some reason as a child. That will link things in nicely.

Annnd...Ryazan revealing his secret before dying (while refusing treatment), Hina breaking down, Aoba telling Hina to join him, sharing of memories during intense fight...Wow, this show really will use all the cliches of mecha anime :P

Mar 19, 2014 7:33 AM

CodeST said:
Did anyone notice this?
ep.1
http://imgur.com/3hpRYXa
ep.11
http://imgur.com/H5usNKK

Time loop over and over again. No good.

Mar 19, 2014 9:03 AM

Can anyone please report Aoba for assisting enemy forces during their invade, promptly sentence him to death for high treason and make Dio main character?

Please? Just to make that "Hina. Hina. Hina!" stop.
He looked different from usual mecha protagonists in that he was actually capable and did stuff at first. Now he's just whining about Hina 90% of his script.

Just shoot the bastard and retrieve your mechas with pilots capable of following orders and engaging enemy.

Hell, for all high command might see it, Hina blatantly lied to Aoba to reduce his morale, make him feel sorry for her and not fight anymore. It would be a great strategic choice. Of course, expecting any kind of military logic in anime would be too much. If this was 2nd episode I'd probably drop it right now.
However, it's 11th so no point dropping a show 2 episodes away from ending. If I survived through Kurogane no Linebarels I'll survive through this as well.

Mar 19, 2014 12:07 PM
nina4life said:
Can anyone please report Aoba for assisting enemy forces during their invade, promptly sentence him to death for high treason and make Dio main character?

Please? Just to make that "Hina. Hina. Hina!" stop.
He looked different from usual mecha protagonists in that he was actually capable and did stuff at first. Now he's just whining about Hina 90% of his script.

Just shoot the bastard and retrieve your mechas with pilots capable of following orders and engaging enemy.

Hell, for all high command might see it, Hina blatantly lied to Aoba to reduce his morale, make him feel sorry for her and not fight anymore. It would be a great strategic choice. Of course, expecting any kind of military logic in anime would be too much. If this was 2nd episode I'd probably drop it right now.
However, it's 11th so no point dropping a show 2 episodes away from ending. If I survived through Kurogane no Linebarels I'll survive through this as well.

you dont seem to clearly understand aobas actions in this episode hes not person with a military mindset.

He now knows the truth to what happend she lost her memories and everything she knew was a complete utter lie. She was a confused panicked state. The point of this episode wasnt going against aobas back. When they performed that coupling with firebrand and skynight triggered something and because of that dio and aoba exchanged memories
. Aoba has very high morals and a strong sense of justice like his father his mindset is more of a firefighter. Dio now knows why he lied to him in episode 8 tried to save her in episode 3 stopped him from killing her in episode 5. It was because he was telling truth. The hina from the future seemed to know the events taking place and that is why she told him trust her. She knew this was going to happen. She also wanted Aoba to reach out to her.
Modified by bagface36, Mar 19, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 19, 2014 2:42 PM
Hina turned into a child? That's just plain STUPID.

Mar 19, 2014 3:42 PM
No she didnt she was 10 years earlier and her existence merged with her past self with no memories and her only remembered her name yet she was wearing the same uniform as Aobas highschool. It makes sense.

Mar 19, 2014 4:04 PM

Mordant said:

Alliance only weapon that gives them a chance against Zogiria (spelling?) gets stolen and you don't do anything about because some newbie from god-knows-where says that it was his friend? What's worse, we are getting the same situation every freaking second episode.

This complete lack of any logic in (pretty much all of the) cast behavior is killing this show.

I think their decision still plausible. Because his natural compatibility with coupling machine aoba is as good as a wildcard and irreplaceable. If the stolen machine got shoot down and kill hina in the process, possibly aoba will break down or rebel. That way alliance will loose 2 couplers, because dio cant do coupling without him. In other hand zogilia's chance to get compatible coupler are slim.
For me it just like gambling, both choice have its own merit and demerit.

Mar 19, 2014 10:18 PM
Hina having a breakdown and actually considering switching sides after all the "ZOGILIA'S ENEMY IS MY ENEMY" shit in the previous episodes was kinda unrealistic
I liked the super coupling with Aoba and Dio, though...reminds me a bit of Gundam 00 Second Season with all the "sharing memories".

Mar 20, 2014 5:23 AM
You guys seem to misunderstand that she was brought up as a war orphan being told everyone who is not from zogillia is a enemy. She was lied by her adopted father and then he told her she only remembered her name. The only person Hina can trust is Aoba currently she may have broken his trust she had reasons for doing so.
I think Aoba understands Hina better than anyone.
Her future self must have merged with her past self and that explains the memory loss. She felt betrayed by what her father said to her and the only person she can go to is Aoba.
She took the luxon not because she wanted to she did it to stop bizon from killing him and then he decided to chase him and bizon went after him and dio had to stop him she couldnt do anything because her fear of having suspicion. She was clearly brainwashed into believing everything that zogillia was doing was morally correct and Aoba stood up against to gengo to what he believed in he couldnt let them do that and because of that they were making a gamble.
The key to the alliance winning this war for the alliance is aoba who was telling the truth about coming from the past. If anyone remember dr fermis time leap theory it explains to why he is so compatible with the coupling system. He truly was telling the truth. And about people supporting bizon he tried to kill Aoba and in hina and had no qualms about killing civilians in episode 1. Hes clearly insane at this point.
Modified by bagface36, Mar 20, 2014 5:26 AM

Mar 20, 2014 8:50 AM

they got their mechs stolen but they have a spare strike freedom and infinite justice so no worries...

and they'll just use berserker mode instead of coupling system

Mod Edit: double post merged.
Modified by ThangLong, Mar 21, 2014 8:47 AM

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...

Mar 20, 2014 9:32 AM

bastek66 said:
niaxato said:
Not sure if Aoba could suck any more. Kira was a better MC than this tool.

Well, if this ends up being a split cour, hopefully the second season can turn the show around from this train wreck.

What is wrong with him? He's pretty good protagonist, definitely best of recent mecha.

And learn what's trainwreck because you clearly don't know what are you talking about.

/shrug, if you like it, more power to you, just expressing my opinion. Not sure how a mc screaming Hina for 11 episodes and basically ready to let everything burn for a girl he has known for 15 mins, regardless of her being the one who brought him to the future makes a good mc but whatever.

As far as train wreck goes, if everything makes sense to you, that's great. All I see is some very vague mentions of time travel and a lot of screaming. If there is a second season maybe it will make more sense to me.

Edit: Ok, so he has known her for 2 days instead of 15 mins. Still barely knows her. And yeah, she did bring him to the future, but up until the middle of episode 8, she was trying to kill him or at very least very hostile towards him. Just didn't like the way he constantly jeopardizes the people actually helping him.
Modified by niaxato, Mar 21, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 20, 2014 5:43 PM
niaxato said:
bastek66 said:
niaxato said:
Not sure if Aoba could suck any more. Kira was a better MC than this tool.

Well, if this ends up being a split cour, hopefully the second season can turn the show around from this train wreck.

What is wrong with him? He's pretty good protagonist, definitely best of recent mecha.

And learn what's trainwreck because you clearly don't know what are you talking about.

/shrug, if you like it, more power to you, just expressing my opinion. Not sure how a mc screaming Hina for 11 episodes and basically ready to let everything burn for a girl he has known for 15 mins, regardless of her being the one who brought him to the future makes a good mc but whatever.

As far as train wreck goes, if everything makes sense to you, that's great. All I see is some very vague mentions of time travel and a lot of screaming. If there is a second season maybe it will make more sense to me.

15 mins? are we watching the same show? pretty sure even just in ep 1 alone they had interact more than 15mins, not to mention episode 8
Modified by Takeoff31, Mar 20, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 20, 2014 6:37 PM

niaxato said:
Not sure how a mc screaming Hina for 11 episodes and basically ready to let everything burn for a girl he has known for 15 mins,
very skewed view of what the character relaitonships are, for starter aoba has known hina before the series they just hadnt talked much, being transported 70 year in the future and her being literally the only person he knows anymore would give you a shit ton of reason as to why youd at least try to be around her to learn what the fuck is going on, it wasnt till they got trapped on that island together(which btw they were on there for over a full day and night which is way more than 15 min) he came to realize shes not the same person he knew however he did in fact spend an entire day and night with her and actually was able to talk to her and get to know her without them trying to kill eachother in battle.

Its completely logical that aoba acts the way he does with her

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 20, 2014 7:24 PM
JizzyHitler said:
niaxato said:
Not sure how a mc screaming Hina for 11 episodes and basically ready to let everything burn for a girl he has known for 15 mins,
very skewed view of what the character relaitonships are, for starter aoba has known hina before the series they just hadnt talked much, being transported 70 year in the future and her being literally the only person he knows anymore would give you a shit ton of reason as to why youd at least try to be around her to learn what the fuck is going on, it wasnt till they got trapped on that island together(which btw they were on there for over a full day and night which is way more than 15 min) he came to realize shes not the same person he knew however he did in fact spend an entire day and night with her and actually was able to talk to her and get to know her without them trying to kill eachother in battle.

Its completely logical that aoba acts the way he does with her

Aoba is caught in a timeloop he remembers everything that happend to him except for everyone around him doesnt it explains why he is so hesitant towards her and refuses to let anyone shoot her down. The answer to happend to what happend to the hina that saved him is that she merged with her past self 10 years earlier to where he ended up It also helps to realise her father lied to her she only remembered her name i think she does indeed trust Aoba but she had to go along with bizon to stop him from killing Aoba.
She was hesitant to stop him and by going through this mission shes protecting him by stealing the luxon overcoming his own trust for her She was trying to protect Aoba from a distance its similar to whats she did in episode 1 by remaining cold and distant towards him. It also helps to know why dio now knows the truth the time leap theory by dr fermi is now true Aoba indeed came from the past and it explains to what happend to hina.

Mar 20, 2014 11:40 PM
I thought it was so obvious that he wasn't her father that I'm more surprised she hasn't figured it out. For one thing, she's suppose to be Japanese while he suppose to not be Japanese.

Kudos to Aoba for how firmly he stood his ground about shooting down Hina; sometimes a man's gotta act on his feelings if he feels strongly enough about it.

Mar 21, 2014 1:08 AM
MrNTR said:
I thought it was so obvious that he wasn't her father that I'm more surprised she hasn't figured it out. For one thing, she's suppose to be Japanese while he suppose to not be Japanese.

Kudos to Aoba for how firmly he stood his ground about shooting down Hina; sometimes a man's gotta act on his feelings if he feels strongly enough about it.

She may not Japanese, the father found her in Zagreb, Zagreb is Croatia, i think about Hina's name, Hina is name of famous news agency in Croatia who is based in Zagreb..

Mar 22, 2014 6:21 PM

Called it! Dude wasn't Hina's real dad.

Those old-model coupling mecha showed us that the coupling system has more potential. Screw you limiters!... probably have to wait till season2 for that though...

Mar 26, 2014 6:18 AM

4/5

How many stupid things have lined up one behind the other. Hina Aoba and more and more unbearable was the highest during their dialogue, I would have strangled! D:
The good that they do not understand never a pipe, about what they want to do the bad guys.
At least the story is engaging and irritating at the same time. ^ ^ "
Plot? It could have been better, however, so far, everything went smoothly comel'olio.
I smell a second season.
Drawings, as usual, just enough I think more and more that Sunrise did not want to spend much, oh well!

Mar 26, 2014 11:04 PM

I think this may end up being the infinite cycle of Hina traveling back and forth through time

Mar 27, 2014 8:12 AM

LOLLL at Dio's "Let Aoba go!"
It's like a love triangle between Aoba Dio and Hina :x

Mar 29, 2014 1:43 PM

Well, we're seeing that Bixon, a cool and composed character in the beginning, is finally starting to match the Bizon in the first episode. I'm actually interested to see Bizon's development; his childhood friend and love is getting farther away from him.

Apr 1, 2014 7:42 PM

When they were showing each other connecting and the memories it kind of reminded me about Newtypes

Apr 6, 2014 11:13 AM

Lol the whole thing with Hina was stupid, and the cliche "you are not my daughter", it wasn't even done well, Hina's dad was a plot device, and the drama about her was so bad. Aoba was annoying too in this episode, "Hina's there, you can't shoot them down", oh wait, it's smarter to let the enemy get a hold of your technology. The only part I liked about the episode was the Dio/Aoba thing, now Dio knows about Aoba, where he is from, about Hina, and so on, and Aoba now knows about Dio's past, I can't wait to see how this plays out.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Apr 10, 2014 8:01 PM

Damn, so now Dio knows he's from the past...

I don't want them to rush, but I really hope I don't have to wait until the second season to know why Hina went to the past. :/

ToG25thBaam said:
Lol the whole thing with Hina was stupid, and the cliche "you are not my daughter", it wasn't even done well, Hina's dad was a plot device, and the drama about her was so bad. Aoba was annoying too in this episode, "Hina's there, you can't shoot them down", oh wait, it's smarter to let the enemy get a hold of your technology. The only part I liked about the episode was the Dio/Aoba thing, now Dio knows about Aoba, where he is from, about Hina, and so on, and Aoba now knows about Dio's past, I can't wait to see how this plays out.
Yeah, I agree, that reveal was kinda meh. Honestly I don't even see what the big deal with it was... she should've known, it's not like he never told her... she just forgot about it. She clearly wasn't all that young when he found her, so I don't even see how she didn't know. Also I don't see why it matters so much to her personally, it's not like anyone knows her biological father... and he raised her so he might as well be her "real" father. But I guess some people are just bothered by that more than others.
Modified by HalibelTheEspada, Apr 10, 2014 8:05 PM

May 14, 2014 8:19 PM

07:42 umad, pirate?

12:30 unmei no futatabi no saikai

7.5/10 for this episode.
Dio shares his mem now?
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1117167&show=60#MjhkTdPDM3gJQhZl.99
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Nov 22, 2014 2:49 PM

Hina not being his daughter was so shocking, I thought they resembled each other perfectly.

Jul 27, 2015 5:47 PM

So they shared their past with each other through the incompatible linking? Well that sure was interesting! A bit of a melodramatic episode but I liked the development and overall change in atmosphere! Let's see what's next.

Jan 14, 2017 7:54 AM

And the show has suddenly taken a huge dump right in front of us...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

May 4, 2017 6:45 PM
Anyone else think Bizon was the one from the first episode ?? The similarities are uncanny

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]