Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 31, 2009 4:29 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cant wait to start Shippuuden.

Jul 24, 2010 5:07 PM
Apr 2010
Village of Artisans R.I.P We hardly knew thee..>.<
Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 26, 2011 1:14 PM

Jul 2007
This is actually the final manga segment in "part 1" of the manga. People who skip fillers probably don't realize It not much, but it just shows naruto leaving konoho to go train with Jiraiya. Because at the end of episode 135 we are left with his decision to leave when ever he is ready but we don't actually see his departure. So that is what this episode entails. Most of it was filler of course.

Apr 29, 2011 8:26 PM

Jun 2009
It was worth it to see the 10 or so minutes though and it's going to be great to see these characters when they are just a little older. I loved this series, which is probably because I watched very little filler and the ones I did watch were pretty good.

For now, I'm hovering between a 8 or a 9. I'm thinking 9, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2011 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
Series is fine. Definitely doesn't deserve its hate. Though it's popularity is a bit outrageous.
Jan 9, 2012 5:26 PM

Feb 2010
Yay, it's finally over! I watched all the fillers and it was really painful, but now actual canon continues!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Feb 4, 2012 12:16 AM

Jan 2012
Come on Naruto. Good job -__^
Jun 11, 2012 1:11 PM

Jun 2011
So, Hinata got the last word, huh? I am so okay with that (totally ships NaruHina).

FINALLY NO MORE SEASONS OF FILLERS!!!!!!! Shippuden time, baby!
Jul 2, 2012 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
FINALLY :D
*also watched all of the fillers @.@*
Jul 4, 2012 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
Watched all the fillers, some were awesome, but now. Woohoo! I'm so proud!
Aug 3, 2012 3:03 PM

Sep 2009
Finally.
After such a long break I've finished watching these series. This anime has changed my life and I'm thankfull for my friends, who were also watching this, that they insipired my interest in Naruto.
Now I have growned up a little bit, so did Naruto and I'm willing to see that character , who was still a little boy in my heart till this moment, from other side.
Sayonara Naruto kun to hajimemashite Naruto senpai!
Dec 18, 2012 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
It seems so many more fans are starting to watch naruto now that they are aware that shippuuden and the manga is coming to a close.

Jul 4, 2013 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
Finished the series. I watched all the damn fillers, to come to a good close. I'm going to watch a couple Studio Ghibl moviesi then watch Shippuuden. [:
Oct 27, 2013 1:46 AM

Jun 2012
really nice ending, looking forward to Shippuden even more!

Jan 13, 2014 8:10 PM
Dec 2013
I had to watch the series to an end. well, naruto surely had a realy good ending, and I am proud to be now at least a bit of a naruto otaku. all filler I had to watch, realy. but now, real life can start. gona search for work, but will keep on watching at least 3 episodes of shipuden each day. it was great. thank you naruto for the awsome time!!!!
Jan 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Finally! Took me 3 weeks to finish this season!
Was really looking forward to Shippuden, and it better be worth it after 80~ episodes of filler in a row.
Cant wait to see the improvements they've all made.
PrOxAntoJan 19, 2014 5:43 PM
Aug 17, 2014 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
Watched all the fillers too.
Epic.
Now... SHIPPUUDENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
Aug 22, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Finally finished re-watching Naruto.. even re-watched the fillers as last time I saw Naruto was 6 years ago.

Well one thing is for sure. I will never re-re-watch the 80 or so episodes of fillers.

Time to finish my watching list then maybe I'll continue with Shippuuden or wait for it to end with the current arc (I paused Shippuuden at 368 to re-watch Naruto).
Aug 26, 2014 6:03 PM
May 2012
We.........I did it!!
Gaara has really grown. Thanks to Naruto :D
Ino wants to be a medical ninja, too. Tenten complains at how she was left out ahahaha.
Well, that's it. Naruto leaves Konoha for a while to train with Jiraiya :3
My plan was to re-watch Naruto and finish it in 10 days, but shit happened and it became 19 days. Oh well, it was a fun and nostalgic ride. Stayed up late these past few days to finish this because I am short on time already. School is about to start already. Right now, it's around 5:00 AM in my place. Worth it, though.
That being said, I should sleep already after I finish some things. After I wake up, I shall re-watch the movies and watch the specials (I wasn't aware of the specials back then). Then, eventually watch Naruto: Shippuuden again from the very start and so on :3 Thank you, Naruto ^^

Level-X said:
Best ending to this awesome series. :) I love Naruto, cant wait to start Shippuden, but first Movies, Specials, and OVA's. :D

That's awesome!!

ao_no_exo said:
Finally finished re-watching Naruto.. even re-watched the fillers as last time I saw Naruto was 6 years ago..

Same here~ 6 or 7 years ago~
Edit: Posts: 2681. I almost forgot.
Oct 12, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
It was great to see that 10 last minutes, finally shippuden now!
May 16, 2015 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
Rewatching!

Finally done with my rewatch, now to rewatch Shippuden up until where I left off. Thank you Naruto for a great experience!
Jul 8, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
Good series overall. Skipped all the fillers.

7/10, got high hopes for shippuden!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 8:07 PM

Dec 2016
Onto Shippuden lads!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 10, 2017 5:58 PM

Jun 2016
Someone posted a comment about 100 episodes ago saying not to watch the next 100 episodes because its not worth it. I should have listened. Wack. The best part about the final episode was when Naruto cleaned his room, & getting to see Rock Lee's gorgeous eyebrows and bowlcut.
RyanEinaudiJan 7, 2018 11:29 AM
Feb 24, 2018 6:49 PM
Sep 2014
Finally finished this season, i really enjoyed it even tho i skipped some filler eps & arcs but i watched some other ones too which they ended up being funny & exciting
overall i give it 9/10
now i need to start watching the new airing series of this winter season & catching up with their latest eps and come back later on for Shippuden.
VallanzascaFeb 20, 2020 2:24 PM
May 12, 2018 12:51 PM
Aug 2014
Most of the fillers weren't that bad and started of well, but I felt that the fights/villains of most of them weren't great.
Aug 16, 2018 3:50 AM

May 2017
I lived.

Shippuden I'm coming for you!
Sep 10, 2018 6:40 PM

Aug 2018
I watched the whole series two times and it gets me how Naruto went away for 3 years tbh he should of stayed with Hinata
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2019 7:51 PM

Dec 2015
Probably the best episode in the last 100 episodes I've watched. It hyped me up a bit for what I'm assuming is going to be a time skip. Anyways, I glad I'm finished with Naruto, now with Shippuden, the fun really begins.
May 31, 2019 8:19 PM

Jun 2017
Finally finished! I even watched the fillers, which weren't that bad but it did make me slow down on how many episodes I watched (because some were kinda boring). I'm so glad I decided to watch Naruto, it's a great anime! I can't wait to watch Shippuden and see what happens next :)
Aug 4, 2019 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
DONE AT LAST!! SHIPPUUDEN HERE WE COME!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 4, 2019 10:02 AM
Apr 2016
chobentys said:
Good luck with your Shippuden journey. It's way better than the first Naruto, so rest assured :)
Aug 4, 2019 10:04 AM

Mar 2015
2ego said:
chobentys said:
Good luck with your Shippuden journey. It's way better than the first Naruto, so rest assured :)

Wow what a prompt response! Thank you! I might take a small break to tackle other recently aired series but will definitely be starting on Shippuuden as soon as I'm ready!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 4, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2016
chobentys said:
2ego said:

Wow what a prompt response! Thank you! I might take a small break to tackle other recently aired series but will definitely be starting on Shippuuden as soon as I'm ready!
I have some catching up to do too, haha. But yeah, prepare, so you won't need to have something at the back of your head screaming ordering you to catch up.
Aug 26, 2019 5:54 PM

May 2016
GG
I watched all the 220 episodes, the 3 movies and all the 5 special episodes related to the first serie.
Now after a little break I can finally start Shippuden!
Oct 30, 2019 3:49 PM

Nov 2015
Jesus christ finally watched all the fillers and time to leave this baby behind. Waited almost 100 episodes for the best filler.

I started watching Naruto for sure one year ago. People always told me "dude skip the fillers". I decided not to and give it a try. Why? I thought i would feel more attached to the story, characters, etc. I must admit that i regret not skipping the fillers, i feel more detached from the series than ever. So many bad fillers with bad character development, things that just did not make any sense at all. I know…my expectations were maybe a bit to high but still I did not enjoy it to be honest.

I watched every filler and after a certain point i lost interest in Naruto so i think i did not watch it for a couple of months - why would you watch naruto fillers if you can watch other new series or other old gems. But in the end i made it. Might take a break from Naruto before starting shippuden, maybe gonna watch bits of the sasuke pursuit to be more in the story again.

See you all at the shippuden forums!
Jan 6, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2019
I mean,the departure lacked the tears honestly.I thought eveyone is going to wait for Naruto at the gate,but they just went through it and that was it.I endured 90 episodes of fillers,which were not a waste for sure BUT STILL
SHIPUDENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 3, 2020 8:53 AM
Mar 2018
This was an amazing anime but there were so many fillers. I'ts finally over (._.)
Now time for Shippuden \(>0<)/
Mar 17, 2020 6:04 AM
Dec 2017
yes!
finally finished it!
im going to love to see characters getting older!
can´t wait for shippuden
ps:classic has it flaws but in general was nice
May 31, 2020 11:15 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I used to be really into Naruto since elementary school, but at some point, it became uncool to like Naruto, so I stopped trying to keep up.
After pretty much reading/watching Boku no Hero Academia and thinking, "Wait a darn minute, this is just Naruto", I came back.

While Naruto has its flaws, it's definitely not deserving of some of the hate it often gets.
I think, oddly enough, I didn't watch some of the essential episodes that came out before the fillers, but oddly enough I watched a lot of the fillers during my first time around. The fillers kinda undo some of what the plot did in regards to Naruto's growth, so I always took it as that Naruto never grew. I now understand that I was just missing a large part of the puzzle. The fact that the fillers did undo some of Naruto's characterization is a flaw that can't be ignored, but I've still come to appreciate that he actually did grow more than I previously realized.

Meanwhile, the fillers helped give a lot of the side characters some time in the spotlight. Heck, a lot of people wonder where my attachment to Neji and Tenten came from aside from all the really amazing manga canon parts with Neji, and watching through Naruto again reminded me that a lot of it came from watching the fillers as a kiddo.

I also kinda appreciated that a lot of the fillers ran straight through. I'm also watching Bleach and while I always watch the whole thing anyway, it's actually a little confusing having so many here and theres when it comes to what's manga canon and what's not. It's not that I personally care about manga canon or not, but if I'm discussing the show with someone else, I'd at least like to make sure I'm not discussing something that they didn't watch (as many skip filler episodes). With Naruto, it's been easy to kinda think, "Anything after this episode is likely to be something this person doesn't know". With Bleach I can't do that. I'm not memorizing what episodes are manga canon or not. So thanks Naruto, for easing discussion in that sense.

Anyway, I'm really glad I gave Naruto another chance. I've been able to see some really good point and some ??? points as well. But I appreciate the heck out of the good points. I had a very one dimensional view of some of the aspects in Naruto before-- kinda thanks to the fillers, but no more.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 16, 2020 12:55 PM
Jul 2020
Wow! That was really good! The fillers were boring, but not bad on 2x speed. Whew, it was hard to go through all of it. Can't wait for Shippuden!
Feb 27, 2021 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
that easily that village ultimate weapon had been killed? o__o
oh well, at least we got some interesting arc at the end and closure of gaara before shippudden.

what i don't understand is, couple of episodes sakura treating human and now she's back on fishes??? oh well...

and naruto went out to his big training finally, didn't watched the all fillers, but only from what i watched in anime time it was pretty much was a lot of it.

---

now since i didn't watched the whole series due the filler, only some of them, i still give pure 9 to the series, really enjoyed it and finished it now in 2 weeks.

hmm, i guess part I feels to me like one big introduction for part II, though there was a lot of things in the end those events doesn't have much meaning because most of them are hidden in part II, part I done a lot of things with introduction of orichimaru, akatasuki and most of the characters, so part II won't deal with a lot of explanation but get straight to the point, didn't watched shippuuden yet but it seems to me that way, since the whole chunin exam, the invade to konoha, the tsunade/itachi arc that made most of part I seems to tell and introduce than make the full impact of what kishimoto prepared for the series, the left of sasuke is only small part of it.
Mar 6, 2021 4:41 AM
May 2019
the entire show after sasuke left was a fucking filler I hated those episodes, some are good but mostly bad >.> then I did a bit of research on shippuden I'm reading the manga now
Mar 26, 2021 2:39 AM
Jan 2021
Lots of fun watching this Naruto series.
And Now! Shipudden YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2021 12:31 AM

Feb 2021
Finally Naruto is over. It was a roller coaster of emotions. From shitty fillers to total hype moments. Really underestimated this anime. And Naruto is off to his rigorous training with Ero Sennin! I've got high hopes for Shippuden. Look at that boy grow :')

Jun 25, 2021 6:04 AM

May 2020
Now just have to start Shipudden after these long filler arcs.
Jul 24, 2021 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
Finally watch everything even the filler. Was satisfaction of 10 of 10 series like Naruto.
Aug 31, 2021 9:29 AM
Aug 2021
bence kesinlikle izleyin fill bölümleri de dahil
Sep 5, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2021
I think the episode could be better...
Sep 5, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2021
I think the episode could be better...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 116 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 12, 2009

25 by Haru_2806 »»
Apr 11, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 139 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 16, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 11, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

25 by MrTobi2137 »»
Apr 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 112 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 12, 2009

25 by Haru_2806 »»
Apr 4, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 121 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 14, 2009

25 by theodoridou »»
Apr 3, 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.