Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 15, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is awesome. I like the fact that Kagami is using the skills he's learned in America. I think even with the height disadvantage, he can do it.

Game is still close so I hope Seirin will win this. Damn it, another week of waiting...
Love the new formation though.
Stark700Mar 15, 2014 11:56 AM
Mar 15, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, he's strong when offense, and the basket is broken... He crushed the defense sempai's will, and Kuroko is on. So it happened before... height and basketball argument. Wow @ the new formation. The group is not giving up and made defense sempai to realize team is not just for defense. He has a request, though (to be continued). I wonder what.

2:18 next week.
tsubasaloverMar 15, 2014 10:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 15, 2014 11:53 AM
Jul 2013
My god, "Thors Hammer" is great, he just took down 3 off them on the first shot. The breaking of the glass, he truly is a monster.

DAYUM I want moreee why can't there be 50 more episodes that are released in a dayyy why why whyw hywehwyehwyehwyhwyhwyhwyhwywhywhwyyyyyy
Mar 15, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2009
alright....this is being overdone :\

The second half of this episode was actually pretty damn great. I really want them to win now. So many feels~
lovexLuffyMar 15, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 15, 2014 12:02 PM

Mar 2014
Ok this may sound stupid, but wtf. Three man to block one?!?! That mean, there will be 2 man that's free. Which mean that those 2 will be free to score right? But hell with logic, this is anime. Nice episode and it will end soon... T__T
Mar 15, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2013
HOLY SH*T MURASAKIBARA BRAKING THE FREAKING HOOP DAMN!

Well, awesome episode as always, Murasakibara being a cunt as always....

Kiyoshi crying! Manly Tears

NOOO Kiyoshi whatever your planning it doesn´t seem to be good for you...

Can´t wait! :D
Mar 15, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2013
Kuroko is THE shit! Yeeee boiiiiiii.
Mar 15, 2014 12:13 PM
Aug 2012
Like always 6 episode each game :"(
Anyway, Great episode, Murasakibara :O Breaking the loop and Kagami tried to copy it xD

Srsly after watching the preview, i can't wait till next week!
Mar 15, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2010
Another amazing episode :D

This match has been way better than I remember it being in the manga ^^

Really felt bad for Kiyoshi getting mentally broken down in the first half.

Dat Atsushi hoop break O_O and how Kagami tried to break it in revenge but couldn't XD

I understand Atsushi's logic but he's too aggressive about it when he's pissed XD
Nice seeing Kuroko get angry at him like that.

And Kuroko changing the flow of the game was awesome too. Like a boss! The stealth one on one was pretty awesome :D

And the last part with Kiyoshi tearing up and Izuki bringing the Harisen was really emotional :*)

Nxt ep doesn't seem to be that good though with Kagami wanting to enter the Zone and relying on entering it.
Mar 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Okay episode for me. I thought Thor's Hammer and the Hoop Break were way more epic in the manga.
Mar 15, 2014 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
I don't find Murasakibara as entertaining to watch like Aomine, Kise, and Midorima. Hope to see Akashi play soon.
Mar 15, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
WTF? The hoop!! AOT? Lmao the first time I've ever seen a referee the whole series.
Mar 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
Aichiro said:
WTF? The hoop!! AOT? Lmao the first time I've ever seen a referee the whole series.
There was one when they played Aomine the second time o.o
Mar 15, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2012
I like Mukkun and all, but his lines are getting so repetitive now... "Imma crush you" and "You try too hard". He needs to lay off the provoking and just focus on the game instead LOL.
Mar 15, 2014 12:59 PM
May 2013
Murasakibara on offense was terrifying! That's how somebody from the Generation of miracles should be. This is why I have a problem with Tatsuya I have no idea why they keep trying to make him seem like he's this badass player. There is nothing about him that makes me go "HOLY SHIT WHAT JUST HAPPEN?!!"
Mar 15, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Dayuum said:
Murasakibara on offense was terrifying! That's how somebody from the Generation of miracles should be. This is why I have a problem with Tatsuya I have no idea why they keep trying to make him seem like he's this badass player. There is nothing about him that makes me go "HOLY SHIT WHAT JUST HAPPEN?!!"

Lol cuz hes probably the player closest to reality (minus the mirage) on this show thats considered a "Generation of Miracles." Himuro emphesizes form on everything he does and his plays are pretty standard so hes not really entertaining to watch.

Seems like kagami will be having troubles but hopefully well see seirin win next ep.
Mar 15, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2013
Murasakibara is a beast on offense. He even broke the stanchion. This is a tight game.
Mar 15, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome. Murasakibara has brought the ring down. Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
seirin plays way better than yosen. i think combination of Murosakibara and Tatsuya can't force Seirin as much as Aomine do..
Mar 15, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2012
Dayum Murasakibara is insane.

Looks like the double ace tactic is coming up from Yosen next time, can't wait.
Mar 15, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
Thor's hammer. Murasakibara is a freaking monster.
Tearing down the basket, dude.
Poor Kiyoshi not my baby. Why is always crap happening to him. He just loves this sport and his team mates. Murasakibara you bastard don't you dare touch and treat Kiyoshi like that ever again.
Mar 15, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Mar 15, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
Woo Murasakibara is really a monster. He broke the hoop.Kuroko is in again finally.
Next time seems to be Tatsuya in the spotlight.
Mar 15, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
A monster indeed.Hes an awesome character tho! I just hope that he will taste the feeling of loss, so he starts to appreciate basketball more.Really excited to see how this match will wrap up!
Mar 15, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
Murasakibara is crazzehh
Nice Kuroko!
Kiyoshi breaks down, but it seems like he wants to get back into it now..
his body won't hold up for long so he'll probably only last a few mins if they chuck him back in.
next ep...the double aces of Yosen..
And Kagami seems like he's trying to force himself to get into the zone.
Mar 15, 2014 3:02 PM

Mar 2012
Oh dayum, it's sort of nice that I read the manga quite a while ago, since I totally forgot about the basket-break by Murasakibara. xD It's sort of like seeing it for the first time. >:D

Haha, great episode; I love how Kagami tried to break the basket as well. Ah, but now Kagami will learn harsh nature of the zone.

I look forward to the next episode!
Mar 15, 2014 3:08 PM
Feb 2013
That basket that didn't count, it didn't make sense.
Izuki had already released the ball before the clock expired.

Anyway, awesome episode.
Murasakibara looking back there as Shaq when he broke the basket.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 15, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode. They have to win this match!
Murasakibara is a monster, I'm still surprised that he broke the basket
Can't wait for the next episode!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2013
He broke the fucking hoop 0_0

"What are you made of, cotton candy?" Lol

Those were the manliest tears ever!

A favor eh? Maybe he will rejoin the game.
Mar 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
Teppei's speech was really good in this match, I usually find the drama in KnB a bit cringeworthy but this time I thought it was excellently done.

Can't wait to see if next week Kagami enters the zone...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 15, 2014 4:03 PM

Jun 2010
I remember Kuroko marking Murasakibara being more epic in the manga.
Mar 15, 2014 4:24 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit, Murasakibara just broke the freaking hoop so easily. What a monster.
Mar 15, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
-MgZ_ said:
I remember Kuroko marking Murasakibara being more epic in the manga.

Lol because Murasakibara had a 'Wtf? He's so weak its like he's not even there' face and not a 'I dun care if ur there Imma still crush u' face.

Okay episode.

Murasakibara used Vice Claw? What is this, Pokemon?
Thor's Hammer looked better in the manga imo. Murasakibara looked more like a rocket taking off than a basketball player 360- dunking on his opponents.
Lol Kagami tried to return the favour.
Murasakibara seems like even more of an asshole in the anime lol.
Hmm, Kuroko's showing more and more emotion as the Season goes on.
Dem feels in Kiyoshi's speech... I know I should stop comparing the anime to the manga but I LOVED the end of this episode. Way better than it was in the manga.

I really hope they don't spend the whole next episode empasizing on Kagami trying to enter the zone. I mean, come on! I've accepted that I won't get to see Midorima play again, but 3 episodes left and still no Kise this Season?
NotJustJuiceMar 15, 2014 6:14 PM
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Mar 15, 2014 4:36 PM

Feb 2011
I might turn into Kiyoshi's fanboy :-s
Mar 15, 2014 5:18 PM
Jan 2012
dammit, this was supposed to be murasakibara's dominance episode. Instead, we get kiyoshi and kuroko nakama bullshitting 'I'll protect this team~' typical cheesiness taking over the 2nd half of the episode.

The manga portrayed this matchup much better. Hoop break was nowhere as epic (they literally had no music playing) and they recycled animation for thor's hammer. Very very disappointed in the way they handled the yosen match, which i felt was better than the to-oh match after reading in the manga.

6/10 for this go around of the knb. I don't if they have new writers or whatever, but I never felt the high of watching S1.
Mar 15, 2014 5:34 PM

Sep 2013
I suppose for some people, moments like Thor's hammer and the breaking of the backboard were more epic in the manga. That's because in the manga, the panels were more detailed and you could stop to savor the epicness. In the anime, the animation frames obviously cannot have the same amount of detail and it moves from scene to scene without any respite. That's the necessary trade-off in the translation from manga to anime. However, in the anime, you can feel the full force of Thor's hammer, and the creaking sound of the backboard as it started its noisy descent and Murasakibara's grunting added extra spice to the scenes.

I guess one drawback of the (slightly rushed) anime format is that they couldn't dedicate an entire episode to Murasakibara's ferocity and sheer destructive power. By the end of episode, it no longer felt as though he couldn't be stopped -- well, he still couldn't be stopped by conventional means, but at least Seirin found a way around it.

And yeah, the phantom shot would be hard to block if you don't even know the vertical plane of the shot, let alone the exact trajectory. It can be shot slightly sideways for an alleyoop. That's why this weapon of Kuroko's is so awesome. And look at Bakagami trying to break the backboard with a ONE-HANDED dunk. Even Murasakibara and Shaq needed 2 hands.

I've been hearing about the anime ending in late March. That would mean the season would end at episode 25 (which would mean no Kise) but it was officially stated early on that there would be 26 episodes. So which is it?
TorribleMar 15, 2014 5:52 PM
Mar 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, didn't expect all that.
I felt the transition to putting back the hoop was way too sudden.
Mar 15, 2014 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
Ali--kun said:

Yeah, that part made no sense to me.
Mar 15, 2014 9:34 PM

Apr 2011
TravSavage said:
Ali--kun said:

20$ that this cancelled basket is gonna cost them the game.
Mar 15, 2014 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
Torrible said:
I suppose for some people, moments like Thor's hammer and the breaking of the backboard were more epic in the manga. That's because in the manga, the panels were more detailed and you could stop to savor the epicness. In the anime, the animation frames obviously cannot have the same amount of detail and it moves from scene to scene without any respite. That's the necessary trade-off in the translation from manga to anime. However, in the anime, you can feel the full force of Thor's hammer, and the creaking sound of the backboard as it started its noisy descent and Murasakibara's grunting added extra spice to the scenes.

I would've loved it if they had just used the Thor's Hammer Scene from the opening. That would've been awesome. Still, there's no denying Murasakibara is an absolute beast.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Mar 15, 2014 9:45 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode!
Now the 7 day waiting game starts again. T^T
Mar 15, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2013
TravSavage said:
Ali--kun said:

Director of the episode didn't know the basketball rule pertaining to buzzer beaters. The manga didn't get it wrong: http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/5259/16-160.0/compressed/e004.jpg?v=11338445267

Just realized the anime took out the part on Aomine talking about physics. The anime had also been taking out all the shouts from the spectators, not just this episode. I'm ambivalent about this. On one hand, without the shouting from the crowd, there is less excitement. On the other, the crowd pretty much says stuff that we can clearly see on the screen anyway, like "I can't believe he dunked on all 3 of them!" or "he's taking it from end to end!".

NoongaJuice said:

I would've loved it if they had just used the Thor's Hammer Scene from the opening. That would've been awesome. Still, there's no denying Murasakibara is an absolute beast.

Yeah, maybe use it for the part when he dunked on both Kagami and Kiyoshi. Kagami in his normal (outside zone) state is completely outmatched by Murasakibara. If Kagami is considered GoM level, then it must be lower tier.
TorribleMar 15, 2014 10:01 PM
Mar 16, 2014 12:52 AM

Sep 2011
Come on, I know he's Powerful but bring the whole court down is a little much is it not?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2014 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
ColdXClue said:
Come on, I know he's Powerful but bring the whole court down is a little much is it not?

That's just basic KnB.
Mar 16, 2014 3:07 AM

Oct 2013
Muraskibara is a hoop killer! :(
Mar 16, 2014 4:11 AM
Dec 2007
This episode seemed a bit weaker. Mukkun's constant 'crush you, crush you' is getting boring. And his size in comparison to other players is just getting ridiculous.
Mar 16, 2014 4:12 AM
Dec 2007
And that coach, Riko? Does she do anything besides make emotional decisions and say 'got it' to her players' suggestions?
Mar 16, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2013
Murasakibara didn't disappoint me, Thor hammer looked awesome but Seirin will win this match, the whole friendship/protect friends stuff confirms it for me. It's a shame that we didn't get a non Seirin game in this season :(
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 16, 2014 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
Murasakibara is too OP...he just broke the glass of the hoop...just O_O ...i guess he gets his energy from all the sweets his eating...haha

Kuroko still doing a pretty good job...

Poor Kiyoshi, but still his done a decent job, especially when faced with a monster-like Murasakibara...

still waiting for Kagami to go ZONE mode... :D

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 16, 2014 7:26 AM
Aug 2012
I just hope the directors and staff would research about Basketball rules a bit. Izuki's shot should have counted as he released the ball before the time reached 0 seconds. Also Murasakibara's dunks are mostly fouls but they went on anyway. The concept of fouls doesn't exist in KnB does it?

Kiyoshi is the man and Kuroko showing that monster that he shouldn't spout nonsense just because he feels like it.............only 2 episodes to go now.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

282 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

151 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

101 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

108 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2014

118 by NillyPC »»
Apr 18, 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.