Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 10:56 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow! The sword in the stone, how original. :( not very intresting though we did get a bit of a back round again on Arwan.
Aug 31, 2009 10:59 PM

Apr 2008
it was an okay episode .. the past is somewhat quite interesting thou ...

didnt think that humans can only say prayers in the past haha

Sep 1, 2009 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 1, 2009 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
daniking79 said:
Wow! The sword in the stone, how original.

Well.. it is 'Arthur' pulling a sword in the stone after all.. and i like the revelation of the past.. many unknown things are answered..
Sep 1, 2009 1:33 AM
Feb 2009
ye not bad of an ep and finally some fightin next eo
Sep 1, 2009 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
Pwyll is just the same as Arthur, well Riannon is next.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 1, 2009 3:39 PM

Aug 2008
That bored me quite a bit. It feels quite too late to be doing all of this, but I guess the final conflict won't be more than two episodes.
Sep 1, 2009 6:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
That bored me quite a bit. It feels quite too late to be doing all of this, but I guess the final conflict won't be more than two episodes.

Yeah, it should have been done 2 episodes earlier....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 2, 2009 4:47 AM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
noteDhero said:

Yeah, it should have been done 2 episodes earlier....
More like you should have said that 2 episodes earlier.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 2, 2009 9:33 AM
Jun 2008
heh..eh i was a little bored..but still good..shoulda been Caliburn not Drynwyn in the stone xd
Sep 3, 2009 12:44 PM

May 2009
The 6 person nod at the end was pretty awesome.
Sep 3, 2009 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
Has anyone here played the PC game?
Then you would notice that they cut out most of the emotional dialogues in some of the best scenes (eg: Arthur recruiting the Brigantes, Talienshin's sacrifice, Arawn's death etc.) in the anime. The same is true for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Series when compared to the manga.
It makes the scenes appear kinda bland & lifeless.
Sep 15, 2009 2:11 PM
Dec 2007
I don't really see where the script is going, but what I'm sure of, is that they are trying to put too much content into a 26 episodes series while taking 13 eps just to introduce all the cast (very bad choice). Apart from that, the episode was very slow and a bit boring at times, but the animation is still top notch, especially compared to other recent shows. It didn't feel like a 22nd ep though, and, I find it strange that Utawarerumono, by the exact same creators, was way better than TtT on every level (direction, scenario, characters, music, OP/ED...).

Evilincarnate said:
Has anyone here played the PC game?
Then you would notice that they cut out most of the emotional dialogues in some of the best scenes (eg: Arthur recruiting the Brigantes, Talienshin's sacrifice, Arawn's death etc.) in the anime. The same is true for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Series when compared to the manga.
It makes the scenes appear kinda bland & lifeless.

It also make them appear less cheesy (well, they already are quite a bit unfortunately), so it's a good point for me.

Keykeyoh said:
The 6 person nod at the end was pretty awesome.

Now THAT was cheesy ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 17, 2009 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
So the sword was also a nice excuse to show as the back story of Arawn and Pwyll. Well it was a little boring, so now that is over i hope the rest will focus in a big epic fight for the end.
Sep 18, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
sword in the stone, that kicks ass as soon as it was released!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 2, 2009 2:52 PM

Jan 2009
That's a damn cheesy way for Pwyll to recieve the sword from Arawn xD.
Say, what's up with these "true names" anyway?
kage-bunshin said:

^This, it can't be said in a better way x)
Next episode, some kick-ass fighting maybe?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 20, 2009 10:39 PM

Oct 2008

Drynwyn..

Aug 12, 2010 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
I found the look into the past way more interesting and more powerful in the PC VN. It must be the lack of a good bgm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2011 12:32 AM

Jun 2009
*Arthur pulling the sword out and shouting*

EXCALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Ooops, just have to say that! Hahahaha! Can't resist! =P
Feb 9, 2012 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
kage-bunshin said:

yep.

Oosran said:
That's a damn cheesy way for Pwyll to recieve the sword from Arawn xD.
Say, what's up with these "true names" anyway?

i think its if someone knows your true name, they basically can control you, body and mind. it relates a lot with elvish stories.

Feb 1, 2014 11:23 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:

Too many harem episodes at the beginning.

For some reason I want Saber to show up so badly and show how to really be a king.
Sep 30, 2014 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
The problem wasn't the harem episodes, in fact they haven't really shown us a harem at all, and that robs the female characters of a lot of their development. They chose to introduce the Lidia arc which had the advantage of showing us more Octavia, but then they decided to pander to a certain market segment by giving it a yuri subtext. The game is really a lot better in terms of carrying the story. I like seeing the combat rounds animated, but I think the game is better overall as a way to experience the story.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 17, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
Pwyll's voice is still pathetic as ever, the same as Arthur's.. man, I hate this seiyuu, overreacting all the times, he is the main reason of why this series isn't so good as it could be (in fact, he was bad in the game too).

Other than that, I kinda like the end of this episode at least, it felt as epic as in the game. I even heard some greatness of game ost although not as much as this series deserved, they really should use it for all the series in all its greatness.

Imagine Victory Song or Silenceplaying here, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC3F3F705321D5815

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.