Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2014 4:50 PM
Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems incredible that a Pokemon is the first villain in the history of the series (anime). It's great, Malamar certainly will be a grand antagonist, and make sure something interesting series.

As for the episode, I felt back to the first episode, where Ash shows his courage and protects Pikachu. Finally one of Clermont's inventions worked and because of that, they could get out alive.

Great episode.
Mar 14, 2014 5:52 PM
Jun 2011
this was a great episode and next episode we will finally see the second gym leader in this tournoment
Mar 15, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
yay, citron's invention actually worked this time...kinda xD
Mar 15, 2014 11:46 PM

Sep 2012
where did you guys find the episode..?

i tried almost all of torrent website but non of them release it with english subtitle..
Mar 16, 2014 8:45 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I think there was a delay or maybe 1 week break. I think tomorrow should be when it's subbed or Tuesday at most.

Mar 18, 2014 6:21 AM
Jun 2011
Calamanero said our great plan could it be foreshadow for team flare?
Mar 18, 2014 9:34 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Malamar had quite and arsenal of Powerful Pokemon, ranging from Beedrill to Exploud to even the Dragon type Noivern. Had Malamar ordered those Pokemon to attack Ash I doubt Ash would have won. Those pokemon Malamar had under control were fully evolved Pokemon. Plus Malamar could just use Psychic to prevent Ash from getting to his Pokemon. By luck that Robot Pikachu saved the day or else bye bye Ash and friends.

I wonder if Malamar has a trainer or if it's doing what it's doing on its own.

As for James I also wonder if his Maiika will evolve into an evil Malamar based on how Meowth said Maiika evolves into Malamar.

Mar 18, 2014 9:44 AM
Jun 2011
SweetKotomi said:
Malamar had quite and arsenal of Powerful Pokemon, ranging from Beedrill to Exploud to even the Dragon type Noivern. Had Malamar ordered those Pokemon to attack Ash I doubt Ash would have won. Those pokemon Malamar had under control were fully evolved Pokemon. Plus Malamar could just use Psychic to prevent Ash from getting to his Pokemon. By luck that Robot Pikachu saved the day or else bye bye Ash and friends.

I wonder if Malamar has a trainer or if it's doing what it's doing on its own.

As for James I also wonder if his Maiika will evolve into an evil Malamar based on how Meowth said Maiika evolves into Malamar.
since malmar said our great plan i think he belong for somone and not work on his own
Mar 18, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Well wasn't that pretty surprising? An evil pokemon with World Domination goals? That sounds weird, and "our" plan? Certainly Malamar will appear later. I kind of doubt this Malamar is linked to Team Flare, but the possibility does not escape my mind.
Mar 20, 2014 6:35 AM
Oct 2009
Malamar's partner is Mewtwo. I bet my third kidney on it.
Mar 29, 2014 1:16 AM
Mar 2014
Why i remembered a game called "Prototype"?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bj4Q1HcCMAEna9K.png:large
Apr 1, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2012
Wow at this episode. Glad I caught up with it, pretty good suspense they thrown in there with an evil Pokémon this time around.
Apr 28, 2014 4:13 PM

May 2013
This was very great for a Pokemon episode. We have an established main villain which is very exciting news for this series. This was a very suspenseful episode.

Dec 4, 2014 2:07 AM

Sep 2014
good break to all the filler.

interested to see what the great plan is.

for some reason, I got first movie vibes when ash was trying to reach out to pikachu.
Jan 18, 2015 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
I thought that was one of the best episodes ever!

Ash et al helping Meowth after James and Jessie got under Malamars spell. I can't believe Meowth scratched it's own face lol. Then Ash's but Serena shoulda got her face scratched too.

I wonder what that Malamar is up to! So evil, I wonder why it wants to do evil. Maybe it was treated bad.

I hope James's Inkay doesn't evolve into evilness too! I like James, he doesn't deserve an evil Pokemon.
Jan 23, 2015 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
Got a lot of laughs out of this episode! Especially the ending with James' Inkay, hilarious stuff haha.

I'm loving this Pokemon villain, and while I don't think its actually the first one in the history of Pokemon, its sure to be one of the best if it makes a return sometime.
Apr 19, 2015 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
that was terrifying omg.
May 5, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2014
the ending was hilarious
Nov 5, 2015 4:11 AM

Nov 2014
What a great episode.. It's been awhile until we get something like this.. Malamar will make an interesting antagonist based on his technique and personality.. I guess if not because of Clemont's invention in the end they will be done for..

Surprisingly, this Malamar also have several great "servant" like Exploude and even frickin Noivern? O.o and it's a good foreshadowing that James Inkay can evolve into a Malamar.. Let's see if this one become the truth in the later of the story..

Overall a great episode and one of the best in the series so far.. Looking forward to see the next ones.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Aug 14, 2016 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
What an episode.

So Calamanero was controlling Junsa. What other things did Calamanero do to Junsa for fun? :D

The good old Nyarth scratching Satoshi. Good times.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 29, 2016 6:19 AM

Mar 2015
I always loved brainwashing episodes in anime. Honestly this is probably one of my favorite episode so far. I also love the moments where Team Rocket teamed up with Ash for the greater good than being a blasted away villain.

At least Calamero will return again, which means Team Rocket gonna be teaming up with the twerps again.

Oct 1, 2016 3:16 PM
Oct 2016
*SPOILERS!!! ...maybe*

Just gotta say...Team Flare. "Our plan," and "Reconstruct the world" is basically what they wanted in the games.
Dec 14, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2016
Malamar was @#$$#%ing terrifying! It was evil, malicious, and was powerful enough to take full control of Pikachu, so much so that it had to take the Citronic Gear to take it down, BY CHANCE! And last time I checked, that thing was a fire hazard......and a choking hazard (refer to the episode when Ash was training for Viola).

Meowth scratching Ash's face. I bet he enjoyed that more than he should have. Good for you man, good for you.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Nov 4, 2023 1:08 AM

Feb 2020
O engraçado é que esse personagem Sanpei tem o mesmo sobrenome da seiyuu Yuuko Sanpei, que depois de alguns acabou dando sua voz para um outro ninja: Boruto, o filho de Naruto
Jan 4, 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
Oooh very serious episode and a nice setup for future episodes.
Malamar was genuinely scary and a very interesting antagonist, goofy voice though ^^

Also the Inkay at the end lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.