Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, this got weird. What's with those masks..

Anyways, 2 episodes left. Festival should be here any minute now. Good to see that WUG has some fans though at least. Well, I wish gl to them. They actually did better than I had thought heh. They won that trophy too!
Stark700Mar 14, 2014 11:08 AM
Mar 14, 2014 11:29 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WUG!!WUG!!!WUG!!

The dance by Wake Up, Girls! was nicely done, and nice to see Mayu-chan's mom at the concert supporting her. She pretty much made up with Mayu by the expression she showed to her after the dance was over. Miyuu-chan seems to be popular as well since she did work at a maid cafe so that also helped WUG get supporters. I would have liked to see the dance by Demons of Oga or DOG since they seemed like they could rival WUG in the preliminaries.

The ending totally caught me off guard. Did 1-1 Club just steal WUG's song? Ms.Manager is going to be real mad.

Since Wake Up, Girls won the Idol tournament then I'll leave this song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0

Mar 14, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2013
Those masks are creepy. Glad that WUG won. I-1 is going to perform WUG's song?
Mar 14, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
The song stealing thing was probably part of the I-1's manager plan..

So glad WUG won! The song was super cute :3
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 14, 2014 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
haha dat wota reminds me of myself back then lol..
mayu's mother finally accepting her daughter will. and so i think i-1 is not stealing that song, the preliminaries are streamed online and i'm sure i-1 didn't watch them since i-1 has a strict training(don't rest! don't complain! don't think also they are an idol first than a human) if they do, mayu's friend in i-1 will be bothered. hayasaka is planning something, maybe comparing both of them wich who is better performing his song. (well, i'm not so good in english :p)
skourpyMar 14, 2014 12:44 PM
Mar 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
Last week's episode had the first noticeable use of Tohoku dialect in the show ("ganbappe", which has now apparently become a sort of catch phrase for WUG); this time we have characters actually talking in full on Tohoku-ben. Those masked idol girls were so hard to understand I was tempted to switch the English subs back on. I guess they tried to "out-Tohoku" everybody else and ended up trying too hard.

Man, did they cut corners this time round. The animation of the characters in this show has hardly ever been stellar, but there were some major derpfaces and jerky movements in an otherwise impressive choreographic scene (in a couple of places even the audience was animated better than the performing girls). It doesn't help that I get much more sensitive to these things when I'm drunk, and I'm hardly ever sober on Friday night. The episode overall also felt a little rushed. The moments between Mayu and her mother, as well as the otaku squad's antics, made up for it though.

That twist did catch me off guard. When the I-1 girls announced that the new song was by Hayasaka I was like "No way... don't tell me he..." Really curious as to how WUG will deal with it, since no one from beyond Tohoku will assume that they performed it first. Will they go with one of their earlier songs? Get Twinkle to compose an even better one? Or maybe even write one themselves? Looking forward to next week..
Mar 14, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
They WON !!!! WUG !!!

What they stole their song!!!!
Mar 14, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
wonder how this is gonna be in the next episode
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 14, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2012
The guy who was coaching them probably gave the same song to I-1 to test WUG :(

I'm glad WUG won but we didn't even get to see what the masked people did, it felt so rushed, they just danced, we saw mayu's mum and they won... Not a bad episode but I would have liked to see some of the other contestants, otherwise I there's no suspense...

The animation for this was also pretty badly done... In one part of the song Mayu's eyes didn't even have light in them and it looked so derpy... Oh well, I hope they make it better for the next few eps :/
Regardless of that, overall it was a good episode :D
Mar 14, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
Despite the fact that they choreography was terrible,good for them for winning.

And ohh,a twist,their song was stolen.
Mar 14, 2014 4:06 PM

Feb 2014
What happened to the sparkly eye glitters while they were dancing?

I wonder what is going to go down in the next episode?

I laughed when Airi and Mayu(or is that Yoppi. I keep forgetting which one is which.)basically glided across the screen.

I wonder if they'll get a season two since there is literally two episodes left.

I don't know why but I laughed when the theme song reference came in the actual footage.
Mar 14, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
those sluts stole wug's song
Mar 14, 2014 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
That song sure didn't interest me at all... but glad they won. Lol @ the song stealing.
Mar 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
Nothing like song theft... Though .. I mean.. it was live steaming across the internet... so anyone with a 1/10th of a brain would know WUG performed it first @_@ .. either way was a nice concert. I was hoping for an S2 but it seems like they want to cram as much as possible into these final 2.. perhaps I can still hope for an s2 lol

Also time to get back to the type of songs they originally did ~
Mar 14, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
I think their manager might say the winner of the festival keeps the song. I think he wants to see the real competition now.
Mar 14, 2014 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
The WUG won. The I-1 stole their song.
Mar 14, 2014 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode. I like WUG's outfit for their performance. It was way cute. This episode had some nice fan humor with the War Council held at a diner. Another thing I liked was that the dancing during the song showed WUG coming together as a group.
Mar 14, 2014 6:04 PM

Nov 2012
That ending! Welp, it looks like the whole thing with Hayasaka was a setup.
Mar 14, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2012
omg @ healing type anime
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 14, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
sirwence said:
Nothing like song theft... Though .. I mean.. it was live steaming across the internet... so anyone with a 1/10th of a brain would know WUG performed it first @_@

Haha yeah. But then again I-1 is bigger so even if WUG performed it first, it would just look like WUG used nefarious means to 'procure' the song.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 14, 2014 7:59 PM
Sep 2013
is it just me or the animation is really looks terrible?
Mar 14, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
That's one loud yo-yo.

Strange camera angle peeking over the shoulder of Mayu's mom.

Lol at their fans making plans, such nice guys.

It was funny how the pres was sleeping with the magazine on her face and when her cig fell out of her hand :3

I kind of wanted to see the Demons of Oga's full performance.

Good Mayu's mom came.

Their performance was good, but those lyrics were pretty damn strange :P

Hayaka-san you fucker! Well it was expected :/

Superb episode.

Lol at the 2 va's in the background of the preview.
Mar 14, 2014 9:34 PM
Oct 2011
I laugh a lot on the animation part

http://www.nyanimg.com/i/oraTkY5y6.jpg
Mar 14, 2014 9:35 PM
Feb 2014
I really like that otaku fan since the beginning. He showed support even though everyone didn't believed in them at first.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Mar 14, 2014 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
was kinda obvious what the outcome would be =p
is it just me, or does this episode felt a bit rushed..?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Mar 14, 2014 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
they won!!! yay
i liked the new song. it's really catchy.
but why does I-1 have the same song now? what did hayasaka plan again...
Mar 14, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't really like the new song and there were some real art quality problems throughout the episode. The choreo was...not so great and it didn't help it was so poorly animated.

But that aside, I'm really happy for WUG :D
Good to see Mayu reconciling with her mother.

Things were a bit rushed but that's understandable since there are only a couple of episodes left though I wouldn't have minded seeing a few other performances.

That announcement by I-1 at the end though...yikes.
Mar 15, 2014 12:34 AM

Apr 2011
Lol. What twist near the end. Prez is going to be pissed.

I would have enjoyed the WUG's performance more if improved the animation..Quality suck this time.

Good to know Mayu and her mom made up. I'm happy for her

And congrats to WUG in winning!
MagitoMar 15, 2014 1:45 AM
Mar 15, 2014 12:58 AM

Aug 2008
babymilo91 said:
Those masks are creepy. Glad that WUG won. I-1 is going to perform WUG's song?

It feels more like WUG performed theirs instead, based of the managers' reactions. Well, it should be interesting.

It's also nice to see the turning point where they start making their break after all that.
Mar 15, 2014 12:59 AM

Dec 2008
...yo. That ending wasn't cool. And I was getting really pumped after they pulled off that song.

I swear if this all part of some gigantic plot aimed at Mayu, then I want WUG to stomp on the entirety of I-1 SO hard. Man, I-1 and its manager don't know how to let go of a grudge do they? >.>
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Mar 15, 2014 4:23 AM

Feb 2013
Man...I feel like anytime good things happen in this anime, something terrible happens...

Anyway, glad they made it to the finals but SHIT!!!
Mar 15, 2014 4:56 AM

Jul 2013
I guess it's difficult to animate idol dance moves without relying on CG. Gotta hand it to them though, they didn't use it even once.

And wtf did that Hayasaka really trapped them? should've known something was fishy when he was shown with Shirasaki. Purposely training a potential rival group is definitely too good to be true for a cold-blooded person like him.

The song wasn't that bad but it's not something I'd expect a top group like I-1 would use as a single release. 7 Girls War and Tachiagare are waaaaay better.
Mar 15, 2014 6:57 AM

Jan 2014
new song is not bad

but those guys are truly genuine fans. just take a look at how they reacted when WUG won. i'm sure they would've supported them even if they lost. unfortunately, they might get lost in a sea of new and upcoming fans if WUG make it big time
[right]
Mar 15, 2014 7:00 AM
Oct 2012
HitoriTomoyo said:
I swear if this all part of some gigantic plot aimed at Mayu, then I want WUG to stomp on the entirety of I-1 SO hard. Man, I-1 and its manager don't know how to let go of a grudge do they? >.>

That has to happen, otherwise it would be horrible writing if they didn't do it. They have been pointing to this from the start, beginning with the I-1 motto. Mayu was the only one to confront Shirasaki, I seriously doubt he would forgive and forget her for that (though in large part I think he wants her back, only broken and tamed like a horse).

But more importantly for him, remember when Mayu confronted him, Shirasaki said "do you think YOU had anything to do with our success?"; for Shirasaki idols are disposable commodities, it is all about his management that is important. If Mayu comes back with another group, then she would be striking at the heart of his Idol Religion, because then it would matter about the idols. Shirasaki could not allow that to happen, and he certainly can't allow her to beat his group. That would be heresy.

Shirasaki has a contradiction there. If idols are not important he shouldn't care about Mayu, but it is obvious that he does think she is special. If this show has a great writer, this contradiction should prove interesting (though whether it does remains to be seen)
Mar 15, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2008
SweetKotomi said:
The ending totally caught me off guard. Did 1-1 Club just steal WUG's song?

More like they were set up to make it look as if WUG had stolen I-1's new song, I'm guessing.

(though I have to admit that I saw this coming the moment that guy from I-1 started working with WUG)
Mar 15, 2014 9:24 AM
Oct 2013
WUG won because of the awesome dance and song.
if I-1 copies them then they will win
Mar 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Mar 2008
shizu_bara said:
SweetKotomi said:
The ending totally caught me off guard. Did 1-1 Club just steal WUG's song?

More like they were set up to make it look as if WUG had stolen I-1's new song, I'm guessing.

(though I have to admit that I saw this coming the moment that guy from I-1 started working with WUG)

That's what I'm thinking as well. I smell a scandal in the works, and I bet they're trying to make WUG look really bad with this.
Mar 15, 2014 4:46 PM

Dec 2013
It looks like Wake Up Girls have been set up by I-1 club. Maybe they saw them as a threat and did this to bring them down. Everyone will believe the huge idol group of the small recently formed idol group. Scandal is afoot!

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2014 10:44 AM

Mar 2010
Possibility - both I-1 and WUG perform "First Rate Smile", so it becomes a contest about the group's personal styles and what makes WUG special and stand out, as mentioned in the anime "the essence of the group". If so, they'll probably include something about how I-1 is more robotic and perfect, whereas all the members of WUG have their own charming points which helped them gain fans *flashbacks included*~
Does anyone know when the full version of "First Rate Smile" will be released?
Also I think it's super cute how the characters were named after the VAs! ^_^
Mar 16, 2014 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
Yay! A performance! Finally!

Wish they had put another $10 into the animation budget... cheap animation reduces the impact :(

There are two ways I can see the song-stealing going:
1. It will envelop WUG in scandal. Something that I-1's manager likes to do.
2. It will give WUG a chance to out-shine I-1. I think this is a possibility due to the guy's personality that gave them the song.
Mar 16, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2012
Animation was lacking as always, but I did enjoy it anyway. Happy for WUG and just hope they utterly destroy I-1.
Mar 18, 2014 11:12 PM

Oct 2010
Despite being a WUG supporter, I honestly felt like they jumped the gun on this one. It was rushed without any transition. The Mayu Family issue was also blown off rather fast. I refuse to believe that all it took was a single song to resolve 10 episodes of pent-up conflict between Mayu and her mother, not to mention bring someone who was that un-receptive to tears. Within a time-interval of 20 minutes, they're suddenly the second most popular idol group in Japan.

Is this the extent of a 1-cour idol show?
Mar 20, 2014 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
shadedclan said:
I really like that otaku fan since the beginning. He showed support even though everyone didn't believed in them at first.

He really is the hero of the anime :)
Mar 20, 2014 11:37 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to see another performance. I appreciate that there was no CG, though there were some awkward still frames.
Mar 23, 2014 7:02 AM

Dec 2011
Very emotional and all that, but when you're standing on a stage with bright lights pointing at you and the house lights off, you CAN'T see the faces of individual members of the audience. Let alone on the back row. Even the manager spotting it is stupidly unlikely.

And Hayasaka running rings around everyone?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 3, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2010
Lol that demon group is kinda funny xD That escalated quickly. I mean, their fanbase wasn't that big, right? Or was that offscreen or something. But still liked that, go WUG!
Apr 30, 2014 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
I feel that the winning part was a little badly done. Like no suspense? "For sure they will win" kind of feeling. I was even hoping for a twist that they will not make it LOL. Just really strange.

The ending cliff hanger is great though.
May 3, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2012
Woh they actually won! Amazing and even her mother came to see her! Damn impressive episode! Really lovely ending so let's see what happens next but with that kind of epilogue things sure are going to get spicey!
Jun 21, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Mhhhhhh...

Episode uninvolving, oh well! Just today I picked up.
Plot all downhill, I would have wanted more introspection, bon.
Narrative without surprises, the better the final.
Drawings and animazionei better to wait for the DVD!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

107 by koneroko »»
May 2, 2022 11:33 PM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2014

100 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 9:20 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

40 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

47 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:57 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

49 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.