Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 16, 2014 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
Next episode, hoping for some character development between Kosaku and Ringo, possibly with Minori too.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 17, 2014 4:41 AM

Nov 2013
Huh...I thought it was gonna go back to the status quo and Kei was gonna stay. I wanna read the LN even more now that I was thrown for a loop just to see what happens.

I hope this anime ends without the predictable ending that plagues romance anime.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Mar 17, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
The principal made a nice impersonation of "Mr. Ajikko", I guess "Mashin Wateru" or "City Hunter" could be expected soon with all those previous reference

It was great this time centered around Kei aside from his mankini and goatmount he's probably the most interesting character of Nourin

Would probably miss him a lot going into the final 2 episodes, but it was sweet to know Yoshida is going abroad with him
Mar 17, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2007
xchee said:
"Ganbatte, Oppai-san" haha.

Welp...there goes the Kei x Kochou ship/plane.

This.

Kei and boobs were the best characters in the show

Mar 18, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2012
and thats how you sell vegetables.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
Jocko said:
dmrch said:
I think it was so good that Kei was defeated. Many people senselessly regard agricultural chemicals as somethig evil and consider blindly that the organic chemical-free vegetables are something holy. But it is a very complex problem, including safety, agricultural technology, distribution, consumption, politics, trade, not the problem of good and evil dualism. Therefore it was good that this episode did not reach the easy conclusion.
(I'm saying only for Japan. I don't know whether this is being treated as a problem in the foreign country.)

Yeah, I found it interesting that they showed both sides with good arguments instead of portraying technology as the bad guy. Its not black or white.
Yeah, I also liked the nuanced and balanced exposition of the issue. Kinda reminded me of the episode of Silver Spoon where they showed Tamako's family's giant corporate farm. Didn't think that this show would have good things in common with Silver Spoon, but there you go.

Also, that scene with the manservice had Kousaku saying "Uho! ii tomato!" LOL A Kuso Miso Technique reference wasn't the last thing I was expecting from this show, but I gotta admit it did catch me off guard.
Mar 19, 2014 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
did they just eliminate Kei and Miss Boobs?!

guess they are aiming for the 'love triangle' story for the last 2 episodes...

or maybe they are just trolling us, knowing as a lot of their scenes doesn't really make any sense...lol

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 21, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
vonPeterhof said:
Jocko said:
dmrch said:
I think it was so good that Kei was defeated. Many people senselessly regard agricultural chemicals as somethig evil and consider blindly that the organic chemical-free vegetables are something holy. But it is a very complex problem, including safety, agricultural technology, distribution, consumption, politics, trade, not the problem of good and evil dualism. Therefore it was good that this episode did not reach the easy conclusion.
(I'm saying only for Japan. I don't know whether this is being treated as a problem in the foreign country.)

Yeah, I found it interesting that they showed both sides with good arguments instead of portraying technology as the bad guy. Its not black or white.
Yeah, I also liked the nuanced and balanced exposition of the issue. Kinda reminded me of the episode of Silver Spoon where they showed Tamako's family's giant corporate farm. Didn't think that this show would have good things in common with Silver Spoon, but there you go.

I actually found the scene in Silver Spoon kind of preachy. If I remember correctly, it basically says, "why the hell would you care about organic or pesticide-free farming?" and I didn't really see the show as ever presenting anything in the way of counterargument. Of course, Silver Spoon focuses pretty intently on other issues, so the author may just not have wanted to spend much time on it.

Other than that, I agree with what's been said above about the issue. If Kei had won this would have probably ranked as one of the top ten preachiest things I've seen in anime/movies/literature. As it is, he lost, but the prospect of him beating his father remains open and he remains committed to his goal. This show has always seemed to have a bit of an 'organic is good' bent, but it's nice to see that it understands there's more to the issue than "nature = good, science = bad."

It's far from a detailed handling of the issue and they've completely left out issues like agricultural runoff and the exponential growth of the human population (unless I'm forgetting something), but it adds depth to a show that otherwise is just a pervy romantic comedy.

It's kind of too bad Kei and Yoshida are gone. Kei has much more depth to his character than Yoshida does, and I wish the show had developed her more before seemingly resolving their 'relationship arc.' Maybe we'll get some scenes of them abroad to fill that in, though.
opondicaMar 21, 2014 12:38 PM
Mar 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Interesting message.
It's surprisingly serious.
Mar 21, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
I don't mind the change of tone. Look at a normal everyday life, there's gonna be silly times and serious times, right?

I hope this ends with Kosaku x Ringo.
Mar 22, 2014 2:03 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I think when we talk about serious things, peppered with little craziness and the main character shows his face, is the best combination to render the episodes amusing and entertaining.
Interesting plot, about the crops made ​​today, only to meet the parameters that will eventually make all standardized esenza flavor. But the concept of making agriculture more efficient is worth as much as the one mentioned earlier.
Narration nice, but the teacher was less effective than money girl.
Drawings do not live up to what is narrated, a real shame.
Mar 22, 2014 11:37 PM

Jan 2014
lol Tomokazu Sugita voicing the headmaster.
That was an ok episode. Yoshida's tsundere side is cute as ever. And that eggplant manservice lol
Mar 24, 2014 3:33 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. Almost died from laughing ^_^
Mar 26, 2014 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
opondica said:
vonPeterhof said:
Jocko said:
dmrch said:

I actually found the scene in Silver Spoon kind of preachy. If I remember correctly, it basically says, "why the hell would you care about organic or pesticide-free farming?" and I didn't really see the show as ever presenting anything in the way of counterargument. Of course, Silver Spoon focuses pretty intently on other issues, so the author may just not have wanted to spend much time on it.
I wasn't talking about Silver Spoon's handling of organic farming, which was admittedly brushed off early on and never really expanded upon. I was talking more about the juxtaposition of the small family farms and the large corporate farms. It seems natural for shows to portray the former as the good guys and the latter as evil empires that feast upon the blood of the animals they torture to death and the tears of small family farmers they put out of business. It felt like a breath of fresh air for the show's small farmers to acknowledge that at the end of the day Tamako's family were essentially the same people as them - farmers, just with a different scale of operations and different priorities. Still a bit simplistic, but showing that it's not all black and white. That's the similarity that I noticed with this episode of Nourin.
Mar 28, 2014 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was kinda sad...
It's like all the stuff they told in the previous was all just pointless and that technology will always overwrite hard work...

Damn, sensei always so direct xD
And that boy fanservice... Well, I guess that it have to go in both way :P

I bet when they'll come back, Oppai will be pregnant.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 29, 2014 2:00 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
minouneetzoe said:
It's like all the stuff they told in the previous was all just pointless and that technology will always overwrite hard work...

You are assuming technology did not come from hard work. If only hard work was needed we'd all still be hunter gatherers.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 30, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
Free samples is key to selling your products!
Apr 2, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2010
NOL48, AKB48 reference? xD It's funny but I won't say that I like the overused sexual theme.

What a foolish father/son fight xD Kochou got her guy at least. Liked the ending song.
Apr 29, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2012
Another pretty crazy episode xD Let's see what's next!

Oppai-San <3
May 31, 2014 7:24 AM

Dec 2012
And there goes the best character, too bad he didn't ride a goat on the way out. Bekki was killing me this episode, she's hilariously creepy. I completely lost it when the guys dressed up and the pretty boy is like "would you like my eggplant?"
Jul 11, 2014 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
My goodness, this show is so boring and unfunny. Just friggin tedious. Sigh, two more episodes.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 11, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2012
Another great episode, finally some sort of story! One only has to wonder why middle-season episodes were so bad. Getting better and better.
Aug 12, 2014 6:33 PM

Oct 2013
lol thats one way to sell veggies XD
LOL the teacher she is the best
decent episode
[/quote]
Sep 8, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2013
This should have been the final episode. Kei is best Nourin.
Sep 28, 2014 7:43 PM

Oct 2011
Best episode so far! Just a shame Kei and Yoshida are going to be gone for the last two episodes.
Dec 30, 2015 9:08 PM

Feb 2013
Wait are they for real?! Are Kei and Kochou realy gone! No! At least there are only 2 episodes left...

Kei was easily my favorite character in this show. Defintely want them to be a couple.
Jan 31, 2016 2:51 AM

Dec 2014
Yes, and I'm single!
~Becky-sensei

XD
Feb 25, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
Wut...They just booted out the best guy in the show?

Kei got totally rekt but it's good to see that his dad is not a total ass.
Apr 20, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
So, Kei and Oppai-chan left the show? Ouch, that was sad.
Dec 5, 2016 7:49 AM

Feb 2013
LOL Becky "Yes, I'm single."

Aug 18, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, no, you can't have serious family matters or trauma and retardation "endemic" to this show at the same time. Pick on or the other.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 28, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
Bye oppai-san, I'm gonna miss you ^^
Oct 7, 2017 3:41 PM
Jul 2017
The ending of this ep makes me very happy ;) <3
Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 20, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2020
The Battle between Kei and his father's very rushed.

But the KeiXYoshida ship sailing saves this episode
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Aug 27, 2023 11:04 PM

Dec 2022
Money girl really carries with her business tactics. Not sure what the message was here, I would certainly take Kei's over factory produces veggies. I hope Kei and Oppai-san will be back soon, they were some great side characters
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nourin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

67 by Lolicon »»
Feb 8, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2014

167 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

67 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2014

134 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

173 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.