Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2014 4:26 PM
Jan 2013
NTR Shichimiya NTR...
Mar 13, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
Slicer22 said:
We get more of the horrible father daughter relationship of Yuuta and Rikka while the best character Satone gets made to cry and the best couple of Yuuta x Satone does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

Even in season one i found Nibutani a much better character than Rikka and i feel she matched Yuuta better but she got shoved into some forced implied yuri relationship with Dekomori.

Lets face it Rikka seems happiest when she is screwing around playing pretend with Dekomori so lets just have Rikka and Dekomori go play pretend forever while Yuuta and Satone can have an infinitely better relationship together.

That late sentence please. It will be infinitely better if Satone x Yutta will sail. For some reason, I've been rooting for the impossible lately. Linda for Golden Time.

Oh well, I guess it will be a really sad Spring break for me once this finishes.
Mar 13, 2014 5:14 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
You know who needs some love? Isshiki. It's just plain cruel how everyone forgot about him.
Mar 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2010
Laraid said:
You know who needs some love? Isshiki. It's just plain cruel how everyone forgot about him.

It seems pretty common in romcoms that MC's male comic relief friend doesn't get the girl. I'm surprised Satoshi got one in Hyouka
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Mar 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was perfect for:

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Schichimya, if you want Yuuta to love you just make a Contract with me! XD

I think the little girl that Touko brought would have been really fun to see playing with Rikka if she had appeared at the beginning...

I feared that Rikka was planning to climb the electrical tower or get hit by lightning. Even if I stopped liking her this season, that's too cruel a way to go, heheh.

Poor Satone, as this look right now she would really make a better MC with Yuuta. Rikka looks like a daughter and he looks extremely clueless, almost Emiya Shirou levels of clueless...I think Satone's far more mature and a better fit. Hoping she gets to win this time.
Faust91xMar 13, 2014 5:39 PM
Mar 13, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Oh boy.
Satone's battle..not gonna be pretty.

Nibutani's balloon throw was funny XD
Mar 13, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
I liked Shichimiya before but the past couple of episodes made me like her even more now.

Laraid said:

Who?
Mar 13, 2014 5:49 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Only two more to go :(
Mar 13, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
BladesOfTime said:
Awesome episode.Only two more to go :(

Has KyoAni comfirmed how many episodes this will have? I feel like its just getting interesting!
Mar 13, 2014 6:40 PM

May 2012
I'm tired of this love triangle nonsense. Can we have some Nibutani X Dekomori yuri hardcore action? I feel like that's the only thing left that can save this season.
lightXTCMar 13, 2014 6:43 PM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 13, 2014 6:43 PM

Feb 2014
Man. I'm the type of guy who blindly follows the MC love interest but when it comes to Sophia, I can totally feel for her. When Yuuta was talking about how Rikka was always looking and telling him how great he is all I could think was DAM Satone was exactly that.
Mar 13, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2012
Shichimiya is definitely the only reason I've kept watching this because I've wanted to see some sort of conflict with her involved but it's just her at odds with herself over her feelings which makes me feel bad for her. I like her much much more than I like Rikka but I know there's definitely no chance of anything happening xD
Mar 13, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
I'm tired of that Satoneshit
Yeah, I can appreciate and respect her character a bit now, but I still kinda wish her involvement had been made minimal.
Mar 13, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
How could he! How could he do such a thing as surprise her with an umbrella to shield her from the rain. How could he! The nerve of him.

Great episode!!!
Mar 13, 2014 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know who to choose from now :/ dam Yuta for being too nice :(
Mar 13, 2014 8:00 PM

Nov 2013
Took 10 episodes to get me interested.

;/
Mar 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Satone's amusing but I would've preferred to see more Rikka-Yuuta development since this series is almost over. Satone, at this point, kind of exists just to suffer :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 13, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2011
I'm tired of the slow progression and child-like personality of Rikka. Nibutani continues to be the character that holds the whole show together and Shichimiya is increasingly a more charming alternative to Rikka.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Mar 13, 2014 8:20 PM

Apr 2010
Surprise attack successful. R.I.P. in peace mahou shoujo.
Mar 13, 2014 8:26 PM
Jul 2013
Finally things get interesting with satone! :D! but too bad its almost done. :|
oh yuta if he wasn't so clueless
Mar 13, 2014 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
The last few minutes were really good.
It's progressing slower then I would have liked
Wished the kiss scene happened mid season and the series would explore what happens after they get comfortable with each other
Mar 13, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
ma_ko said:
Rikka is such a boring character right now. Shichimiya definitely my fav. I'll admit, I cried when she was crying and I'm the type of person that would probably drop this show after this ep knowing that she cannot win... Why, such a great character is introduced now, near the end of the second season -.-

DGemu said:
Took 10 episodes to get me interested.
;/

Yes, I think they wasted to much time in things like a Kumin's episode. It was a nice move to make some RikkaxYuuta development halfway the season, so Satone could develop hers at the end, making the drama. But still, I think there was a lot of filler.

Laraid said:

Totally agree. His character was wasted. Even that annoying little girl, a totally unnecesary character,l got more screen time. To moe-harem.

VanishingKira said:
Wonder how they'll manage to resolve all the drama in just 2 episodes?

Well, seeing how they made Satone here, I don't think she's going full berserk over Rikka like the LN, but I do hope her to take some initiative and no to hold her feelings anymore. A fight against Yuuta would be amazing.
Mar 13, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Sooo many Shichimiya feels
Mar 13, 2014 10:15 PM

Jan 2011
daysun22 said:
"this time we won't make Rikka suffer, don't worry about it!" ...BUT WE'RE GONNA MAKE SATONE CRY HER HEART OUT AND WISH SHE HAD NEVER BEEN BORN.

That was cruel, too cruel. Rikka and Yuuta have more of a father-daughter relationship, but with Satone it was always a lot more mature. Truth be told, even if Rikka is cuter, Satone is a much better character. Kinda want her to win in the end, but we all know that ain't happening

Satone is way more cute than Rikka tbh. She overshadows her in every way possible - character, art, etc. Im pretty sure its not just me :D

The highlight of the episode for me was the waterballoon Nibutani threw that Touka would have caught midair if Cento dint cut it trying to deflect it midway :D I LoL-ed to tears on that one. Pure win :D
Mar 13, 2014 10:20 PM

Jul 2009
if life was an anime, id be one of those jealous guys in his classroom glaring at him wishing he would die for being surrounded by girls LOL.

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR.

p.s. satone for best girl?! MAYBE... need more nubutani. must fight off the hnghhh from new girl. nubutani still best girl!! UGHHH. critical hito.

quite a pickle youre in dark flame master. a very nice problem mind you.
KurogashiMar 13, 2014 10:23 PM
Mar 13, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
Why cant Shichimiya win?

:(
Mar 13, 2014 10:53 PM

Mar 2013
Shichimiya Turn her love into a rpg game,
feel little bad for her.
Mar 13, 2014 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
I really pity Shichimiya, I understand how much it would affect you if someone you've like / love were to disappear without notifying you. Thus you come back finding out they have their own lover now, zurui... A girl's love can never go away until it's rewritten.
Mar 13, 2014 11:11 PM

Sep 2013
How could they do this? Introduce an awesome character just to have her suffer, I hope Satone has a happy ending (with or without Yuuta) because it's too cruel what's happening to her.
Meanwhile Yuuta and Rikka have still made no progress towards anything.
Mar 13, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, it's pretty painful to watch when Satone is holding her feelings for Yuta and that ending scene was just to much to handle.

Though I appreciate the drama and Satone's personality in all, but I am not good with this love triangle that is going on around Yuta. Sorry Satone I like you and all but I'm on Rikka's side for the rest of the series.

I wonder how the last 2 episodes will look like.
omega_d94Mar 14, 2014 1:33 AM

Mar 13, 2014 11:40 PM
Dec 2011
Oh gawd, you people. Remember that Yuuta is like in 10th grade. Most people in 10th grade are pretty freaking oblivious.

Damn it, Satone, I love Rikka but you are making me question myself.

Nibutani should play baseball.
Mar 13, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
I think Satone's a lot more attractive than Rikka when she's not dressing funny.

I feel bad for her but in love it's important for the feelings and the timing to be correct. If Satone had decided to pursue a relationship during middle school, she'll be the one lovey dovey with Yuuta. A relationship involving chuunibyou can't be normal but I can't help but feel that with Satone, Yuuta would have already graduated from his virginity a long time ago =p
Mar 13, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
Perfect timing for the sword swing little girl ;)

I feel for Shichimiya, but Yuuta and Rikka belong together.
Mar 14, 2014 12:05 AM
Oct 2012
I feel so bad for Shichimiya.

I underestimated her. I thought her inclusion in this season would be nothing more than adding yet another romance rival to a romance anime. But she turned out to be more than that. Unlike most other romance rivals, she actually knows that loving Yuuta is wrong because he is in a relationship with Rikka already. She has accepted that she missed her chance with Yuuta. She wants to fight her feelings over him instead of letting them take over her.
Mar 14, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2013
Satone kawaii too much, the most kawaii of the anime
Rikka and Dokomori are the most boring anime
sincerely I twist so that Yuuta stay with Satone
_____

Satone kawaii demais, a mais kawaii do anime
Rikka e Dokomori são as mais chatas do anime
sinceramente torço para que Yuuta fique com Satone
Mar 14, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
In the novels, there wasn't anything to make me prefer Satone over Rikka, so I was happy when her trickiness ended fruitless.

BUT YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the anime, she's so different - she's likable, and it's obvious that Yuuta would have a much better time with her than with Rikka (winner of worst gf award), but we all know she wins.

gg kyoani you made me commiserate with a character i didn't give a second thought in 2013
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Mar 14, 2014 1:33 AM

Oct 2010
Eh, just let both girls win, Rikka gets the "dark flame master" and satone gets "Yuuta".However, that would be a terrible ending.
Mar 14, 2014 2:14 AM

Jul 2012
Oh Satone...now I like you even more but you're not going to win ;_;

Satone really is a great character. Thoughtful, kind and sweet...accepting that she has let go of her chance in the past, she'd rather fight the feelings that return. Not only did she not sabotage anything, she even provided support and helped Rikka come to terms with her internal conflicts.
She's willing to brave the pain and it's sad to see her suffer.

Also, she's much cuter. In my mind, Satone eclipses Rikka in every way possible. Even her chuuni moments are more fun to watch and obviously, she's golden on the 'who would be the better girlfriend' front.

It sucks because I can see a Yuuta and Satone relationship that is times better than the boring father-daughter relationship Yuuta and Rikka has. I've never been a fan of Rikka and Yuuta but didn't have much of a reason to want their relationship to end until now.

Bottom line: Satone best girl.

Nibutani is being her understanding self as usual. She's great too.
And poor Isshiki. I wish he wasn't cut out this season.
Mar 14, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2009
Shichimiya should win but we all know that will not happen :(
Mar 14, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2009
j0x said:
Shichimiya should win but we all know that will not happen :(

Why? Because she cries like a bitch? For pity sake?
Mar 14, 2014 4:32 AM
Feb 2014
For the first time ever since I have been watching this series I dislike Rikka. Seriously, how could she simply go out and return late every night? (I'm even wondering if she was going out to meet another boy other than Yuuta).

Poor Satone, for all her dilemma she went through she probably isn't going to win Yuuta over...

KyoAni specifically does not want Rikka to suffer, so they instead made Satone suffer... I really don't understand why now. If Rikka doesn't suffer how could she grow up at all!?
Mar 14, 2014 5:04 AM

May 2009
smartboyhw said:
(I'm even wondering if she was going out to meet another boy other than Yuuta).

Wow, this is pathetic.
Mar 14, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
I really feel bad for Shichimiya, i want her to come out with her feelings. Rikka just keeps going off on her own it seems like her feelings are fading.
My Candies:
Mar 14, 2014 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
Rikka is giving Shichimiya too many chances here isn't she? Though Yuuta seemingly hasn't noticed Shichimiya's feelings yet but he probably will soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how that'll go.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 14, 2014 6:20 AM

Oct 2008
babymilo91 said:
Poor Satone, having to fight off her feelings for Yuuta. Now she can't take it anymore.
There's a song in there somewhere.
Mar 14, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
I like yuuta and rikka
Mar 14, 2014 7:01 AM

Aug 2008
fuckin Yuuta. what the fuck

Rikka can't do anything. Satone is killin all the bitches right now

smartboyhw said:
For the first time ever since I have been watching this series I dislike Rikka. Seriously, how could she simply go out and return late every night? (I'm even wondering if she was going out to meet another boy other than Yuuta).
Dude, she's been out looking for that last fuckin fake token piece of garbage to awaken the dark flame dragon.
destructo22Mar 14, 2014 7:05 AM
Mar 14, 2014 7:51 AM
Apr 2013
anyone else feel bad for shichimiya?
Mar 14, 2014 8:46 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
POOR SCHICHIMIYA
I am so pumped for next weeks episode.
She just keeps getting better and better, she may become my new favorite character for this series
Mar 14, 2014 9:15 AM
Mar 2013
poor Shichimiya 8(
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.