Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 29, 2009 9:54 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode as usual!

Also I was pretty impressed with the quality of the stream from the onepieceofficial.com site for the return of simulcasts. Last time they were streaming it seemed to take forever to load and the video and audio weren't that great. I guess in the time it took to get set for the simulcasts again they upgraded the player. Good stuff :) Only downside - no previews for next week!
Aug 29, 2009 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
I'm really happy that they kept the emotion as high as they did, and even half-explained how Hancock was captured in the first place. I really did like this.

But yeah, no previews. It sucks that it's always going to be like this with the official streams.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 29, 2009 10:25 PM

Sep 2008
wow..didnt expected that....hebihime nude, crying, sad, shaking, laughing and then blushing, that really was something
and for some reason felt ver great when i remembered that punch o the fatass of the tenryuubito XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 29, 2009 11:25 PM

Oct 2007
Another great episode. One of my favorites. It was emotional too.
Aug 30, 2009 12:37 AM

Jun 2008
very enjoyable
Aug 30, 2009 1:42 AM

Jul 2006
OMG LOLI BOA SANDERSONIA IS MOE MOE <3 <3

Watched the stream. It was pretty good, actually. I thought I was going to get the usual blurriness from most streams, but at times I felt like i was watching it normally.

Great episode filled with plenty of emotion. This is when we finally see humility in Boa's character. And the introduction of Fisher,
And the animation was top-notch. Hopefully the quality will stay the same for the upcoming arc.

Aug 30, 2009 2:03 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Yeah, the flashback with Luffy punching that dude was cool.

Aug 30, 2009 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
It's cool to see simulcast back.

Hancock actually looked a little creepy in that last shot.

I wonder if there will be some fillers after 416.
Aug 30, 2009 2:40 AM

Jul 2008
wow so boa and her sisters were linked to the celestial dragons no wonder she hated men and looks like arlong wasnt just sum thug he was with the sun pirates damn i love how oda link all this together damn if im right the next ep should start impel down not sure tho-_- anyways

5/5 epic^^
Aug 30, 2009 2:53 AM

Jun 2007
Had a hard time with the flashback, I guess its because the sisters where portrayed as even younger then the manga. I also like the fact that it's kinda left to suggestion as to what happened to them, whatever it was, it wasn't pretty...
Aug 30, 2009 3:17 AM

Apr 2009
wow, awesome episode o_O

Boa is Love

also No Preview - This is Awesome...
i dont like the preview-s, too much spoilers <_>
Aug 30, 2009 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
great episode, hopefully all the boa haters now understand why she is so lovely <3
Aug 30, 2009 8:11 AM

Jun 2009
Great Episode!
Aug 30, 2009 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
I thought there's no way I could think Boa = cute, but seems I was wrong. That last scene was pure sweetness.
Aug 30, 2009 11:16 AM

Apr 2009
To All Manga Readers.....

that fishman who saved Boa
Aug 30, 2009 11:20 AM

Jul 2006
smokes said:

Aug 30, 2009 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
isee, tnx)
Aug 30, 2009 11:52 AM

Jan 2008
Henna said:
I thought there's no way I could think Boa = cute, but seems I was wrong. That last scene was pure sweetness.

Niah Niah...told ya :D
Aug 30, 2009 1:22 PM

Sep 2007
smokes said:

Aug 30, 2009 3:08 PM

Nov 2007
This was a very good episode. Stop spoilering btw

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Aug 30, 2009 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
bout fking time Luffy learns of Ace's capture
Aug 30, 2009 10:18 PM

May 2009
blushing boa was so cute. hope it doesnt take more than 2 episodes for luffy to get on the move again.
Aug 30, 2009 11:50 PM

May 2008
Great episode and the animation was great as always, especially Boa's eyes were beautifully drawn... I'm just wondering whether Kuma blown Luffy to Amazon Lily on purpose...
Aug 31, 2009 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
I'm really glad that the whole, "I'm a great and powerful princess so I'm better than you." thing was all an act. She's really just a heartbroken woman with a tragic past.

Also, LOLI SNAKE SISTERS FTFW!!!!
Aug 31, 2009 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
Well, of course it was an act. I mean, Boa Hancock struck me as Nakama potential with probably a really crappy past when I first saw her. Characters normally always have a reason for acting horrible. And who cares about kittens and old ladies... jk.. This episode was so cute though.. ahaha... when she was blushing at the end. :D Good episode all around... When I first heard slave I was a little confused as to why the two bigger ones would be slave potential.. but, the blonde one really let herself go since then.. Oh, well, pie fills the cracks of the broken heart... Can't wait till next week. It's getting even better. ^_^

Shino05 said:

THANK YOU. That's what the manga discussion forum is for. I always hate seeing random spoilers on these boards...I prefer to watch the anime first before the manga.. voice acting makes it more epic..
Manga_samaAug 31, 2009 2:19 AM
Aug 31, 2009 3:58 AM
Nov 2007
I like this episode, pace was good also.. tear effects and sound effects were good too... Mari and Sonia was cute when they were little, I wonder they become like this after they ate their devil fruits...
Aug 31, 2009 4:57 AM

Nov 2007
I still don't like her, to be honest. She still needs to release the marine dudes. And it's no wonder that she likes Luffy. EVERYONE likes Luffy.
Aug 31, 2009 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode and I'd forgotten what happened to hebi-hime in her past lol...also you never see a One Piece episode rated below 3 and most are rated 4 or 5 whereas you always see Bleach and Naruto episodes with 1s and 2s...One Piece is easily the best out of the 'big 3' :D
Aug 31, 2009 7:20 AM

May 2009
Heh, one of these days, there should be a competition to vote which of Luffy's punches made viewers both cry out and say "it's about time!" with the most heart. It seems the one with the tubby celestial dragon quickly rose up in the ranks, and I wholeheartedly agree. Before this, I had my vote cast on the one that ended the long rant by that pirate with the spring legs (Benami?). Very satisfying, heh.
Aug 31, 2009 8:48 AM

Apr 2009
yeah, bellamy and that celestian dragon pwned))

also liked the punch to the Pantera @_@

i was expecting some fight, but WOW an epic punch xDD
it was surprising....
Aug 31, 2009 12:21 PM
Apr 2008
hebihime-sama nude = ftw! :)

great ep, one piece rules nowaydays!
Aug 31, 2009 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
BE VERY GOOD!!!
To wait for one week will be a torture!!!!
Aug 31, 2009 3:18 PM

Dec 2008
wow, hibe turning into a tsundere. where did that come from?
Aug 31, 2009 7:23 PM

May 2007
One of the better episodes of this arc. I loved how Luffy goes to see Boa asking for food...only to see a topless Boa and disappointed there wasn't any food.

Luffy needs to be smacked into puberty. :D Just kidding, just kidding.

Anyway, this arc should wrap up in 2 episodes (I think). Can't wait for the next.
Aug 31, 2009 11:41 PM

Apr 2009
yeah, next episode is called

9/07 - Ep. 416 - Rescue Ace! The New Destination is the Great Prison

so yeah, its the final episode of the Arc
Sep 1, 2009 6:58 AM

Sep 2007
MAJOR DIFFERENCES !
She says when she have only 12 ?!
And not 16 ?
What is... the real ?
Oups... I think i misunderstanding. ^^'
ShiroiRyuSep 1, 2009 7:02 AM
Sep 1, 2009 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
so the explanation of the mark is explained, plus some fan service from boa too
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 3, 2009 4:00 AM

Jun 2008
vindemon64 said:
One of the better episodes of this arc. I loved how Luffy goes to see Boa asking for food...only to see a topless Boa and disappointed there wasn't any food.

Actually you have a good point. She is supposed to be a very beautiful woman and there she was naked in frond of him and he didn't even feel a little turn on. Just a little change on his face to show that he was impressed by the image or something. WTF isn't he a man?

Asuki83 said:
great episode, hopefully all the boa haters now understand why she is so lovely <3

I can't say i was a hater or something but still doesn't explain why she is treating people so badly if she was treated badly her self and she hates the thought of it. She turned her own comrades in to stone just because she could easily do it since they were weaker than her but she herself hates the idea of ever being in the mercy of someone again.

Anyway the episode was good and never felt boring even though it was some story from the past. Good work one piece. OMG! that orange hair girl from the three sister really let herself go.
Sep 3, 2009 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
I think Boa doesn't hate anybody and she is not a person I can call obnoxious, arrogant etc... not because she is godly =) She just directly points out that beauty covers up every filty act and I think she loathes the idea herself as well. And she was awaiting a person to stand up against it with a great sense of justice, and here Luffy comes x)

Anyways, a great episode as expected, though everything's just started.
Sep 3, 2009 4:45 PM

Jan 2009
So that was the big secret behind Boa's acting? Pretty weak tbh. That could never justify what she's been doing all the time. If I were in her position I would do everything to help my underlings and to give love not pain and hate like the Drogon guys.
Sep 3, 2009 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
Monad said:
vindemon64 said:

Actually you have a good point. She is supposed to be a very beautiful woman and there she was naked in frond of him and he didn't even feel a little turn on. Just a little change on his face to show that he was impressed by the image or something. WTF isn't he a man?

Actually there is a little inconsistency, anyone remember Bon-chan's fan service to the crew?

So, whether Nami's boobs are beastly and even more appealing than Boa's - that is pretty impossible - or Luffy lost some other things other than his crew after landing on the island.
Sep 4, 2009 7:47 AM

Mar 2008
Cute episode, though the kick ass arc starts next week. I can't wait x3
mirichan00Sep 4, 2009 7:34 PM
Sep 4, 2009 7:25 PM

Sep 2008
For the Boa nude thing.. he's already seen her like that.. the scene she finds him, remember. Besides, it was only her top. I'm a guy and I actually disliked her more for the implication.
This episode did raise her favor in my mind a little, but not much. I still think she's far too arrogant.
When she taunted him about only getting one of his wishes (the girls changed back from stone or a ship), I had to break out laughing at the surprise of everyone at how quickly he choose to get them changed back.
She was looking all evil about it, and I knew immediately which he was going to choose without even a question.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Sep 6, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
kikoushi said:
Actually there is a little inconsistency, anyone remember Bon-chan's fan service to the crew?

So, whether Nami's boobs are beastly and even more appealing than Boa's - that is pretty impossible - or Luffy lost some other things other than his crew after landing on the island.

oh gawd i remember that now xD. that's pure shock for them right there because nami would never do that. it makes me miss mr.2 so much! but somehow boa doesn't seem as hot as she is in the manga

and first post on mal for me :) lol
Sep 7, 2009 1:25 AM

May 2009
I thought I'd ask this here instead of making a new thread, and it's something that was mentioned in this ep that made me think. I read somewhere that only one of each devil fruit exists, making the abilities of each one unique. Also, I read that once someone takes a bite out of a devil fruit, the remaining portions of that fruit become benign, so two or more people can't share one fruit to all gain the same ability. Yet, when Boa Hancock was explaining their childhood situation to Luffy, she only mentions two devil fruits, the mero mero no mi and the hebi hebi no mi. Two fruits, three people. Any further info from anyone?
Sep 7, 2009 2:16 AM

Apr 2009
heh) its just a mistake)
they should told that there were 3 fruits) though different versions lol
Sep 7, 2009 6:56 AM

Mar 2008
midnightspecter said:
I thought I'd ask this here instead of making a new thread, and it's something that was mentioned in this ep that made me think. I read somewhere that only one of each devil fruit exists, making the abilities of each one unique. Also, I read that once someone takes a bite out of a devil fruit, the remaining portions of that fruit become benign, so two or more people can't share one fruit to all gain the same ability. Yet, when Boa Hancock was explaining their childhood situation to Luffy, she only mentions two devil fruits, the mero mero no mi and the hebi hebi no mi. Two fruits, three people. Any further info from anyone?

Both Sandersonia and Marigold ate the Hebi Hebi no Mi, however, their models are different. Sandersonia ate the Anaconda model and Marigold the King Cobra one.
Sep 7, 2009 12:01 PM

Apr 2007
Watching Boa cry is always so sad ;___;

Shino05 said:

I really don't understand the point in complaining if they're using spoiler tags. You should actually consider yourself lucky that they are >_>
Sep 8, 2009 5:55 AM

May 2009
mirichan00 said:
Both Sandersonia and Marigold ate the Hebi Hebi no Mi, however, their models are different. Sandersonia ate the Anaconda model and Marigold the King Cobra one.

Yeah, I looked it up at OP's wikia. I know I'm nitpicking, but it still feels like a duct tape fix on the "unique devil fruit" issue, just to keep the Gorgon Sisters imagery working. Then again, it makes sense that Zoan type fruits would have different types for different species of a certain group, like snakes. Thanks ;)
Sep 9, 2009 2:07 AM

Dec 2008
midnightspecter said:
Yeah, I looked it up at OP's wikia. I know I'm nitpicking, but it still feels like a duct tape fix on the "unique devil fruit" issue, just to keep the Gorgon Sisters imagery working. Then again, it makes sense that Zoan type fruits would have different types for different species of a certain group, like snakes. Thanks ;)

Well it's not like it's been quickly introduced just now, the different models have been used before.
Example would be the gun/dog from mr4 which is inu inu no mi model dachshund and CP9's jyabura which was inu inu no mi model wolf.

The fact that both sisters just happen to have a snake fruit is of course meant for the image of the gorgon sisters.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 941 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphazero4um - Sep 12, 2020

69 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

11 by ThaTOnEGuY4_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
Today, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.