Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

*WARNING SPOILERS* Would a death of a main character make Kill la Kill even better?

Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 15, 2014 8:57 AM
Oct 2013
alot of side-characters have died...
but this isn't a grim dark series so i am okay with the main characters not dying.
Mar 15, 2014 10:35 AM
Jul 2009
i think at this point there's no more room to fit in a character death and properly explore the consequences of it
the show you mentioned in the OP set the precedent early on and had their deaths impact the plot in huge ways
kill la kill is supposed to be a story about personal freedoms, not heroic sacrifices or edgy death scenes
it might have a last second "oh ryuko's dead now" but that wouldn't improve the show at all
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Mar 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Oct 2012
Candor said:
BRSxIgnition said:
KILL la KILL has been characterizing almost everyone to equal measure, which means that when the deaths /DO/ come, they will leave an impact.
Kill la Kill just have a bunch of one-dimensional characters whose deaths mean/would do nothing to us. < Here, I said it better.

It's like saying one random character from K-On!! dying makes K-On!! a good show, which is nonsense.

Freaking troll do you even see, anyway please don't bash the show if you don't like it why keep watching it??? Does it make sense to you know???
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Mar 15, 2014 2:53 PM
Mar 2014
Is there a source for this supposed "bittersweet" ending the show is supposed to have?
Mar 20, 2014 9:16 PM
Oct 2011
Kyzen said:
Candor said:
BRSxIgnition said:
KILL la KILL has been characterizing almost everyone to equal measure, which means that when the deaths /DO/ come, they will leave an impact.
Kill la Kill just have a bunch of one-dimensional characters whose deaths mean/would do nothing to us. < Here, I said it better.

It's like saying one random character from K-On!! dying makes K-On!! a good show, which is nonsense.

Freaking troll do you even see, anyway please don't bash the show if you don't like it why keep watching it??? Does it make sense to you know???
Who said I'm watching it? I dropped it. I guess now you can sleep well at night knowing that the guy who hates the show you like dropped it, won't you? Must be fun. You kinda wish there are more people like me.

Heredity said:
Objurgo said:
Heredity said:
Candor hasn't been paying attention to the extremely simple plot of KLK. He even missed Ryuuko being brainwashed before changing sides - how do you miss that?

Maybe he's one of those watchers who just skips through scenes when he's not interested...

i don't even know how those kind of people enjoy any media.
Simple really. It's just really enjoyable. You should try it some time.
Candor123Mar 20, 2014 9:20 PM
Mar 21, 2014 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
Killing characters off for no reason would just make it seem gimmicky
Mar 21, 2014 2:53 AM
Nov 2008
episode 23 totally gave you guys the finger, lol.
Mar 21, 2014 5:50 AM

Nov 2013
Heredity said:

More like five people giving me the finger...I can't get hyped at this show anymore because of the lack of risk. Nothing is really that threatening, it's sleepwalk difficulty.

Honestly I think a death would've raised the sense of peril. I didn't believe that conspiracy about Mako dying in episode 21, but it would've had me on the edge of my seat if it did.

I feel I went off on a tangent...

I know the meaning of the pun based title, but in an anime called 'Kill la Kill' you'd expect it to be err...deadlier.

@ Candor, yeah I skip through those Mako hallelujah scenes it was amusing the first time now it's just old...The transformation scenes, pink nipples/crotch, and 'Don't lose your way' is just spammed to oblivion as well. KLK would be enjoyable without those.
NotchrishansenMar 21, 2014 6:05 AM
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Mar 21, 2014 7:46 AM
Jul 2009
hey notchris, maybe kill la kill isn't the right show for you, and that's okay. you're not expected to finish every show you watch
try blood-c or guilty crown, i hear those shows are 'dark,' 'edgy' and 'brutal'
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Mar 21, 2014 8:49 AM
Jun 2009
The problem with no-one dying is it removes some suspense/sadness to a serie.
I feel like removing the god mode makes thing more exciting (but I'm not asking for Mako to die or anyone else specifically...)
Mar 21, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2012
Notchrishansen said:
Heredity said:

More like five people giving me the finger...I can't get hyped at this show anymore because of the lack of risk. Nothing is really that threatening, it's sleepwalk difficulty.

Honestly I think a death would've raised the sense of peril. I didn't believe that conspiracy about Mako dying in episode 21, but it would've had me on the edge of my seat if it did.

I feel I went off on a tangent...

I know the meaning of the pun based title, but in an anime called 'Kill la Kill' you'd expect it to be err...deadlier.

@ Candor, yeah I skip through those Mako hallelujah scenes it was amusing the first time now it's just old...The transformation scenes, pink nipples/crotch, and 'Don't lose your way' is just spammed to oblivion as well. KLK would be enjoyable without those.

Agreed. You just hit the nail in the head in some of these points. I feel like there is a lot of wasted potential here. The only thing that is genuinely good, exciting and couldn't have been better is Satsuki IMO. The rest is just bleh..
Mar 21, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2013
bbBM said:
hey notchris, maybe kill la kill isn't the right show for you, and that's okay. you're not expected to finish every show you watch
try blood-c or guilty crown, i hear those shows are 'dark,' 'edgy' and 'brutal'

I really tried to like KLK. It was made by the people who did TTGL, my favorite anime. Hell even Panty and Stocking was enjoyable and I felt that was an anime that was intentionally crap/joke anime. I know this team can pull off something amazing...I just don't feel it here.

I tried dropping it, but out of morbid curiousity and the thought of 'the next episode will be better' I kept going. Some episodes had me on the edge of my seat, no lie. So to say this anime never got me hyped is untrue. I've come this far, so I might as well finish.

I don't need a show to be 'dark, edgy or brutal' I want risk, a sense of 'fuck we lost and there's no turning back' which I feel the series severely lacks. I want a reason to be hyped. People screaming moves at the top of their lungs, 'epic' music , and adding explosions to the fight a la Michael Bay isn't good enough.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Mar 21, 2014 5:28 PM
Jul 2009
Notchrishansen said:
I really tried to like KLK. It was made by the people who did TTGL, my favorite anime. Hell even Panty and Stocking was enjoyable and I felt that was an anime that was intentionally crap/joke anime. I know this team can pull off something amazing...I just don't feel it here.

I tried dropping it, but out of morbid curiousity and the thought of 'the next episode will be better' I kept going. Some episodes had me on the edge of my seat, no lie. So to say this anime never got me hyped is untrue. I've come this far, so I might as well finish.

I don't need a show to be 'dark, edgy or brutal' I want risk, a sense of 'fuck we lost and there's no turning back' which I feel the series severely lacks. I want a reason to be hyped. People screaming moves at the top of their lungs, 'epic' music , and adding explosions to the fight a la Michael Bay isn't good enough.

fair enough!
gurren lagann is actually my favorite anime too. i guess we liked it for different reasons though. i was always more interested to see how the team is going to succeed, rather than wondering if they'd make it or not. i guess it's a testament to how well-put together that show is that it can be enjoyed from multiple perspectives

hopefully you find the last episode of kill la kill as hype as it can be
Mar 21, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2011
Not going into spoilers, but TTGL had unnecessary dead characters, and I don't want to see that mistake reflected here.

» Escapism.

Mar 23, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2013
Not really. It'll be unnecessary, especially for the last episode. It would feel so cheap.
Mar 24, 2014 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. Just wanted to share something with you guys.

So, as I was watching this last episode, I couldn't help but notice Mako's father and mother working really hard as a doctor and nurse. And so I thought to myself... Why are doctors and nurses in Kill la Kill living in the slums? Then it hit me! Maybe no one gets hurt in the world of Kill la Kill, I mean that's one of the only solutions. Yes, I know Mako is a low ranked student too but it could also mean that business in the health department could be low. Meaning no work, meaning no good amount of pay, meaning slums.

Just wanted to share what I thought about... Lol I could be wrong. But I thought it was very interesting to talk about.

Well, anywho. Thanks for all the replies again. Keep em coming! The end of the show is upon us! Let's hope for the best!
Signature removed. Because it was too kawaii for all you weeaboos.
Mar 25, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2012
Actually, if there is one character that would face death, I think Senketsu has the best chance of getting the death flag.

OST 18- Till I Die
Mar 25, 2014 11:46 PM

Oct 2012
no i don't think it would make it better but it would be much more interesting
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 26, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
>relying on killing a character off to make a story good

That's called shitty writing.

Preach it. ^^
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 27, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2012
sentience said:
Actually, if there is one character that would face death, I think Senketsu has the best chance of getting the death flag.

OST 18- Till I Die

I was right ; - ;
R.I.P. Senketsu.
Mar 27, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2011
R.I.P Senketsu.
10/03/2013 - 03/27/2014
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 28, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2010
I wish Ryuuko had died.
Mar 28, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
CastieLL said:
I wish Ryuuko had died.

http://i.imgur.com/xGtBz6o.jpg
Mar 28, 2014 3:45 PM
Aug 2013
Deaths almost never make a story better
Mar 28, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
honestly i thought they handled

really well, it didnt feel forced as i thought it would

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.