New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 16, 2014 12:30 AM
Apr 2013
Kyzen said:
ollythirteen said:
BRSxIgnition said:
ollythirteen said:

And as for you, BRSx, you say that you can see how it could be seen as trollish, no scratch that you say the post was delivered in a trollish manner while having an idea of the context by which the post was created?
Really?

I do not understand.

What you said was right - he mocked it in an openly antagonizing way, meant to incite criticism like yours. It's meant to be seen as "trolling."

What is it you are asking?

No, I wasn't TRYING to incite criticism.

If I didn't make this thread someone else would've, fan-boy, hater or inbetween-er.

You know why?

Because IT's NEWS (With a bit of a message aimed at you mixed in):

"hey, guys guess what now that Kill la Kill is wrapping up Studio Trigger is doing something else! The premise sounds somewhat interesting though it's as far from KLK as you could get! (don't know if it's a cute girls doing cute things type deal, though)."

The subtext (how I opened the post) could be read as "Hey BRSx, that prediction I made aimed at your post? It was right...somewhat..."

This thread was made for YOUR eyes, BRSx (and the other guy). Well, kinda. I also wanted to share news. While gloating. But the need to share the news was stronger. Well, no that's a lie, given the way I opened the post.

Hence my saying I wanted to gloat like a little kid yada yada etc.

I explained this a few posts back when YOU seemed to be a teensy bit on the defensive side, probably because you read it as

"Look at what your precious studio trigger is doing next, konou fan-boy-tachi meee!" (BRSx and other's POV Altered for Effect)

I said my prediction was somewhat right, I gave a link, I gave my thoughts (somewhat interesting, far from Kill la Kill as you could get, don't know if it's a cute girls doing cute things type deal), the fucking end.

How is that trollish?

Then you were defensive. Then these two little kids followed suit. Then you corrected one of them stating "While I admit the way he is saying it is trollish..."

The fuck?

Anyway, internet apologies mean nothing, but I just felt I should call you out on that.

Because the problem isn't me, it's those who read that very short first post and feel like it's an attack (even though it was aimed at you it was playful, not a "haha, you were wrong, ba-ka").

i was laughing from the begging i saw your post, didn't read all anyway. your post was way to long. anyway it seems you didn't understood my post. what i mean't was anyone could have predicted it, there move was so obvious, and you were like, hey look at me i predicted it yey me. and im not a fan of kill la kill.

i just want to make those people who try's to know it all to realize that everyone can do it. but most of them want to spend there time to a much more meaningful way. and i think your not one of them :)

Good for us both, then.

In other words, didn't really get any of what you just said.

But, yeah, BRSx has squashed all argumentative feelings I have so, goodbye.

Mar 16, 2014 12:41 AM

Oct 2011
ollythirteen said:
Is that a good or bad thing..?

Either way, sorry? I guess?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 16, 2014 12:46 AM
Apr 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
ollythirteen said:
Is that a good or bad thing..?

Either way, sorry? I guess?

It's a good thing lol

Mar 16, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2008
ollythirteen said:

In terms of animation studios, TRIGGER easily, EASILY won best character designs for not just 2013 but this year too. Just too many to pick from (for me Satsuki, Gamagoori and Ragyou take the cake, though)

I agree. Though they had low budget at times in some scenes, the way they portrayed and delivered their characters was exceptionally good.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 16, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
OTAKUADDICT said:
ollythirteen said:

In terms of animation studios, TRIGGER easily, EASILY won best character designs for not just 2013 but this year too. Just too many to pick from (for me Satsuki, Gamagoori and Ragyou take the cake, though)

I agree. Though they had low budget at times in some scenes, the way they portrayed and delivered their characters was exceptionally good.
I would actually go one step further and say that TRIGGER had the best Art & Direction of 2013.

TRIGGER has been in the incredibly tough spot of being severely constricted financially - but has almost entirely overcome that by sheer skill and willpower.

The music, keyframes, camera angles, timing, backgrounds, character designs, and voice work for KILL la KILL are astonishing.

Studio TRIGGER has - in my opinion - overcome the rather damning & crippling limitation of their financial position by focusing on their skills on everything but animation (which is more severely limited by budget).

Hell, even the animation is pretty good at some points. Very few, but they're there.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 16, 2014 2:44 PM
Apr 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
OTAKUADDICT said:
ollythirteen said:

I would actually go one step further and say that TRIGGER had the best Art & Direction of 2013.

TRIGGER has been in the incredibly tough spot of being severely constricted financially - but has almost entirely overcome that by sheer skill and willpower.

The music, keyframes, camera angles, timing, backgrounds, character designs, and voice work for KILL la KILL are astonishing.

Studio TRIGGER has - in my opinion - overcome the rather damning & crippling limitation of their financial position by focusing on their skills on everything but animation (which is more severely limited by budget).

Hell, even the animation is pretty good at some points. Very few, but they're there.

Pretty fucking muuuch.

We probably won't be seeing anything quite as unique-looking or beautiful for maybe one or two years. Unless it's another original work from them.

Not even heavy-hitters like SHAFT, BONES or KYOANI came close.

Yay for the little guy!

Mar 16, 2014 4:36 PM

Apr 2011
I can certainly rally behind this premise with Trigger producing.
Mar 17, 2014 2:03 AM

May 2009
As long as they do a good job at this, who cares what kind of show (original or adaptation) t is? People seemed turned off by the prospect of this being another LN adaptation, but the premise sounds interesting and the characters look nice as well, so that's already two things working in its favor, three if you count the studio.

Even KyoAni, who have been doing mostly (semi-)original anime recently need to do adaptations to secure themselves of work. No work = no money, and we don't want a studio to not make money, do we, especially not ones that haven't really disappointed us much yet?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2012
My only wish is for a future without Trigger.
Mar 21, 2014 1:46 AM
Apr 2013
Durbikins said:
My only wish is for a future without Trigger.

*shocked face*

That's...extreme.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.