Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Mar 10, 2014 1:23 PM

I showed my best friend the first anime i ever watched: Sword Art Online. Before I showed it to him he already watched One Piece and Naruto, so maby I didnt really introduce him to anime. But now he watches some of the animes I watch, and we can talk about them. How did you introduce somone, with wich anime?

Mar 10, 2014 1:28 PM

I have never done that with the intent of getting the dude into anime. I did tell my friend about Free because he's a dedicated competitive swimmer, and he decided to watch it. I didn't really encourage him at all.

Mar 10, 2014 1:29 PM

I introduced one of my friends to watching Death note. He enjoyed the hell out of that, and the next day he comes to me asking about Ghibli movies. Recently, he started watching Monster with me..
I feel so proud bringing my friend into this medium *tears of joy*
Now give me my well deserved cookie..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 10, 2014 1:30 PM

my friends are already familiar with entry level anime, and are pretty busy with their own hobbies/stubborn about accepting new stuff

tho i convinced one of them to watch Lucky Star, and he found out he's really into slice of life/moe ._. he's a brony now

Mar 10, 2014 1:30 PM

After coming back from Japan, I found that my brother watched dubbed Haruhi and he liked a lot (his first anime).
Then, I recommended some animes (I don't remember which) and he also got into.

I have two friends that always ask me recommendations, though wasn't me that really introduced them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 10, 2014 1:31 PM

So you are pretty new to anime yourself, right? Anyway, nah. I did not introduce anime to anyone. I just found out most of my friends are actually anime fans like me.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.

Mar 10, 2014 1:31 PM

I once showed a friend Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and he lived happily ever after.

I think the two events are linked.

Mar 10, 2014 1:38 PM

sherlock5545 said:
So you are pretty new to anime yourself, right? Anyway, nah. I did not introduce anime to anyone. I just found out most of my friends are actually anime fans like me.

I have watched anime for over half a year now.. So yeah im new. I just realised it again :D Actually I just wanted to show a friend a nice series, and SAO was the only thing i knew then, so yeah. ^^

Mar 10, 2014 1:38 PM

I kind of introduced The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to my nephew, by watching the first episode together for the first time. I had watched the movie first and just wanted to check out the first episode of the anime. I've still only watched the first episode of the anime, but my nephew ended up watching the entire first season and the long-ass movie. He really enjoyed the show.

Then I recently found out that Haruhi Suzumiya is the most favourited female anime character on MAL. Huh.

Mar 10, 2014 1:42 PM

Yep, I introduced one of my friends Anime, and the Anime he watched was Elfen Lied... He loved it, and has been watching Anime ever since. =^-^=

Mar 10, 2014 1:51 PM

Tried showing cowbot bebop to a friend at school,he hated it, wants me to stop being hs friend now :(

Mar 10, 2014 1:53 PM

GEO9875 said:
Tried showing cowbot bebop to a friend at school,he hated it, wants me to stop being hs friend now :(

Erm... really now? If that is true you really have a dumb friend.

Mar 10, 2014 1:53 PM

I suggested watching SAO to a friend, he watched it and said it was cool, then shingeki no kyojin happened and all my classmates watched and commented it.
It was super popular but that was it, the phenomenon didnt last and after that, they didnt watch any other anime apart from the classics(dragon ball, inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, yu yu hakusho...).

Mar 10, 2014 2:03 PM

Never introduced anyone to anime but my roommate/friend introduced me to anime. The first anime he showed me was the Kara no Kyoukai series. We watched a bunch of other movies including Sky Crawlers/ Girl Who Leap Through Time/ Freedom OVA series.

Mar 10, 2014 2:05 PM

GoldenGuard said:
Yep, I introduced one of my friends Anime, and the Anime he watched was Elfen Lied... He loved it, and has been watching Anime ever since. =^-^=

Yeah, Elfen lied is the best intro anime and also the best anime. It was my gateway show as well

Mar 10, 2014 2:06 PM

I got a friend of mine into anime by recommending Death Note to him.

Mar 10, 2014 2:08 PM
News Team
Bishy Fishy 🐠🐟

No, but when I learned someone, I know, liked anime, I did recommend him a couple of series.

Mar 10, 2014 2:17 PM

Yeah I got my best friend into a couple of series. She used to be a rare anime watcher and now she's a casual watcher. lol I also got my manga friend into more anime.

GEO9875 said:

He wants to stop being friends over an anime?!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 10, 2014 2:23 PM
mayukachan said:
Yeah I got my best friend into a couple of series. She used to be a rare anime watcher and now she's a casual watcher. lol I also got my manga friend into more anime.

GEO9875 said:

He wants to stop being friends over an anime?!

It happens. I told my friend to watch an ecchi and he hasn't spoken a word to me since.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 10, 2014 2:23 PM

Introduced my cousin to anime many years back. We watched InuYasha and after that we've been watching some anime together :>

Mar 10, 2014 2:25 PM

Nope. Quite a good amount of my friends watch anime and/or read manga. However, I often recommend them some good stuff since they mostly don't know much stuff beyond the popular shounen series.

Mar 10, 2014 2:46 PM
Yeah, many times.

Mar 10, 2014 3:09 PM

I introduced my father to anime but now i regret it :(

Mar 10, 2014 3:30 PM

Introduced a friend to JJBA, and since he enjoys campy stuff he loved the hell out of it. And that's it.

Mar 10, 2014 3:38 PM

yes, i introduced my MOM to anime (she is now an addict lol)

i had her watch Fruits Basket - which some have pointed out does certainly have some "weird" elements but really, i always recommend it as a first anime. its truly sweet.

Mar 10, 2014 3:40 PM

daintybiscuit said:

i had her watch Fruits Basket - which some have pointed out does certainly have some "weird" elements but really, i always recommend it as a first anime. its truly sweet.

Tohru is such a bland character though. Though I guess it's a decent starter show if you want an easygoing slice of life kinda but not really romance

Mar 10, 2014 3:41 PM
Nobody in real life even knows I watch anime

Mar 10, 2014 3:48 PM

I'm proud to say I got my friend (who's extremely busy, she took literally 7 AP classes last year) to watch Death Note and will watch Steins;Gate soon.

Mar 10, 2014 3:57 PM

Nameless2311 said:

Why?

Mar 10, 2014 3:58 PM

introduced two of my friends to one piece and one to fma

Mar 10, 2014 3:59 PM

Wintovisky said:
Nameless2311 said:

Why?

"So this is why you have girl cartoon posters all over your room? Disgusting."

Mar 10, 2014 4:00 PM

My sister and my mum and she watches them on a daily basis thank you death note

My mum's watched

Death note
Basilisk
Moribito
FMA AND BROTHERHOOD
SPIRITED AWAY
Princess mononoki
Romeo and Juliet
Gankutsuou
Giant robot
Baccono
Quon
Glass fleet
Another
Wolf children
Karas
Ghost hunt
She liked all these but didn't like the ones under here

Submarine 6
Ghost in the shell movie
Squid girl

We're watching

DUSK maiden
And after that
The tower of dra- something

That reminds me can someone suggest something for her I'm running out of ideas
Modified by Animefreak17a, Mar 10, 2014 4:10 PM
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/IJGKSsi--Uw

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk

Mar 10, 2014 4:03 PM

Ckan said:
Wintovisky said:
Nameless2311 said:

Why?

"So this is why you have girl cartoon posters all over your room? Disgusting."

Hahahahahaha. Well, I want to show something to my parents. Maybe Monster. And I don't have any posters in my room, anyway :P

Mar 10, 2014 4:06 PM

I made my brother watch Death Note. He was watching FMA some time ago. I wouldn't say I introduced him because he already knew about anime and he still isn't really into it (then again neither am I). He just watched a few series.

Hulmy said:

It happens. I told my friend to watch an ecchi and he hasn't spoken a word to me since.

Does this really surprise you?

Mar 10, 2014 4:07 PM

Sorry, I don't know a Somone.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 10, 2014 4:09 PM

RedRoseFring said:
Surprised that took 2 pages.

Mar 10, 2014 4:18 PM

Just so happens i introduced my friend to clannad a few days ago. So far hes loving it lol.

Mar 10, 2014 4:19 PM

Ckan said:
RedRoseFring said:
Surprised that took 2 pages.

I know. I found the lack of that jab disturbing. MAL peeps are slipping.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 10, 2014 4:23 PM
Yeah and I even got him to make a MAL Account after years of convincing ^^.

It all started out with Death Note and Code Geass.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Mar 10, 2014 4:29 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Wait do you think my mum would like code gaess ........If youv seen page 2 with all the ones she's seen I sure that'll give you a little idea what she likes

im a shiki supporter

Mar 10, 2014 4:36 PM
Mou-chan

Nope. And looking at what I like, I never will.

Mar 10, 2014 4:42 PM

No, i don't like to ''force'' someone to one of my hobbies. Unless they ask ofc.

Mar 10, 2014 4:45 PM
Animefreak17a said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Wait do you think my mum would like code gaess ........If youv seen page 2 with all the ones she's seen I sure that'll give you a little idea what she likes

Well, she seems to like Shounen and psychological(-ish) series and doesn't seem to dislike mecha - so why not?

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Mar 10, 2014 4:57 PM

I did introduce some of my friends before. I usually recommend Death Note, once they finish it they express their interest in something similar, so I recommend Code Geass. Yes I know, this is probably the most common method to introduce someone to anime but meh. It works.

Mar 10, 2014 4:59 PM

I got two of my (non anime watching) friends to watch Attack on Titan because they were in the room while I was showing my (anime watching) friend the abridged series. In a weird twist, while they really really liked it (they marathon'd all the episodes in one sitting), they say they aren't going to try any other anime series.
"I feel you! I feel you deeply! Your feeling I can feel deeply!" -The Jojo DUWANG scan, The greatest scanlation in human history.

Mar 10, 2014 5:56 PM

Cupquake said:
daintybiscuit said:

Tohru is such a bland character though. Though I guess it's a decent starter show if you want an easygoing slice of life kinda but not really romance

/cry

i don't think she is "bland" at all - unless you consider kind, loving, accepting, and full of humility to be "bland"

imo she is the pinnicale of what a truly lovely person should be. i admire her character immensely.

Mar 10, 2014 6:13 PM

In highschool some of friends watched anime. They didn't watch it as much and neither did I, now that I think about it. It was mostly Death Note and Naruto..as for college I don't care to talk to them about that. It's something that if it comes up it comes up.

Mar 10, 2014 6:34 PM

I showed most of my friends anime. Some of them became fans. Others will just watch it and that's it.
Gamer? Otaku?! Feel free to add me!

My collection pics below.

Game Collection

Anime & Manga Collection

Mar 10, 2014 6:41 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Animefreak17a said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Well, she seems to like Shounen and psychological(-ish) series and doesn't seem to dislike mecha - so why not?

Thank you

im a shiki supporter

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »