Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

shiki or humans.....watch the whole series and specials and read the manga...then decide

New
which side do you support *watch the whole series before voting including the specials*
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 1:37 AM

Feb 2013
Animefreak17a said:

Well I'm only working with what was presented in the show. From that perspective, I say my opinion of the matter. I'm usually too lazy to read mangas anyways, so reading a manga of a story I already know would be pretty much impossible
Jul 6, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Piegoose said:
Animefreak17a said:

Well I'm only working with what was presented in the show. From that perspective, I say my opinion of the matter. I'm usually too lazy to read mangas anyways, so reading a manga of a story I already know would be pretty much impossible

Fine but there's still some important stuff in the manga that makes sense in the anime
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 6, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
jonnyhan said:
Mr. Thread starter, how old are you?

old enough to have seen over 1160 anime

go watch and read dance in the vampire bund

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Jul 11, 2014 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
There's no debate to be had. Humans are in the right in almost every way. The Shiki diet is not sustainable, human diet is. The pros and cons of an entirely Shiki based society is almost entirely full of cons. They are inferior to humans, yes they can heal and are immune to many types of harm but again their diet is not sustainable if they need live humans, not to mention sunlight killing them(almost as bad a weakness as the aliens from the movie Signs). If they could live purely off the blood then why not use humans as blood banks? The show never brings up the idea or does it so I can only assume it's not possible or they're too stupid to do it. From a moral perspective humans are in the right as well. Shiki are essentially just humans, they're not superior merely different. To sustain their lives hundreds of other lives need to be ended. It's not worth it sacrifice 300 lives so 30 can continue to live for a year, etc. If we weigh each life equally we can see that humans again win from this point of view. They deserve to exist over Shiki from a moral standpoint, the sacrifice of the Shiki's lives is more than warranted because by dying will save hundreds and eventually thousands of lives in the process. Again, if they could survive only off blood without the need of killing the human then they would of done it in the show, they did not so from a moral perspective humans win.

You can feel sympathy for them, because they do feel pain and are still sentient but that doesn't mean they deserve to exist over humans regardless of your state of mind. It's a cruel hand they've been dealt and had to deal with, doesn't mean the humans should just lie down and die out of pity for their unfortunate circumstances.
PANDEMlCJul 11, 2014 3:13 AM
Jul 11, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
^ up yours human lover.

Go kill some humans in a temple like the humans did......humans are scum

The shiki are way better then the humans........ the humans are like the knights Templar ............

he shiki had no other choice but to turn the village in to a shiki paradise cause like you said,

If they came right from the beginning and told the villagers who they was what they need and so on, the villagers would of been scared and ran them out or kill them, look at sunakos past.......she loved her family and they loved her but when she turned in to a shiki they Got scared and .....you know the story, she even went to go find them for 50 years but didn't find them,

There was a few humans on the shikis side that accepted them,

The even if the shiki did try to reach out to human's they'd would of been hunted and killed, and that's why I hate humans so much we hate and kill anyone or anything that's different from us, they humans killed other humans and made the shiki burn in the sun,

It's cool tho because they lost everything which was funny as hell and only a hand full escaped.

Even if the shiki did drink human blood from a different human each night without trying to get anyone's attention, they would of been caught sooner or later and hunted, and that's why they did what they did they knew the humans would kill them if they tried to reach out or secretly go out night after and get caught
geekfreak17aJul 11, 2014 10:04 AM

im a shiki supporter

Jul 12, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
The "Shiki Paradise" still involves killing people which is just as bad as the humans killing people in the temple. Sure some humans would come back to life as a Shiki, but only 1/3rd to 1/4th.

Yes the villagers would have been scared if they told them bluntly, that's why they would have to critically think a bit to think of a reasonable plan. If they planned it in moderation, they could have gotten their group to be accepted. There would only be three of them at the beginning, so not much blood would be required.

In a way, it's similar to evolution of a species. Shiki are inferior biologically since their prey is as intelligent as them, while human's prey are animals that can be raised and eaten. The animals still get to live some of their life and eat, which wouldn't be much more than if they were in the wild anyways.
Jul 13, 2014 7:01 AM

Jul 2012
Piegoose said:
The "Shiki Paradise" still involves killing people which is just as bad as the humans killing people in the temple. Sure some humans would come back to life as a Shiki, but only 1/3rd to 1/4th.

Yes the villagers would have been scared if they told them bluntly, that's why they would have to critically think a bit to think of a reasonable plan. If they planned it in moderation, they could have gotten their group to be accepted. There would only be three of them at the beginning, so not much blood would be required.

In a way, it's similar to evolution of a species. Shiki are inferior biologically since their prey is as intelligent as them, while human's prey are animals that can be raised and eaten. The animals still get to live some of their life and eat, which wouldn't be much more than if they were in the wild anyways.

Humans are scared easily and do you honestly think they'd let.the shiki stay if they told them they had a plan to take blood from one person per night..............No they wouldn't...............

Actually it would of been 4 shiki

Sunako
Chizuru
The blue haired one
And the woman

Humans are stupid creatures I'd say being a shiki is a upgrade, that is If they turned in to werewolves, or what ever you call them

You can eat food
Regenerate
Go in the sun
Live forever
Faster
Stronger

Sounds good to me

im a shiki supporter

Jul 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
I just finished marathoning Shiki over the past 2 days, and I really enjoyed the story and it really made me think. Imo neither side was right or wrong. Before I get started explaining, let it be known that the killing of the innocent people in the temple was 100% wrong and completely unjustified. Just had to get that out of the way.

Anyway, I see the situation with the Shiki and the villagers as a battle for survival on both sides. Both have the right to fight for their lives, but in the end, only one can come out as a victor. I would like to compare this to a lion (Shiki) attacking a wildebeest or water buffalo (human). If the lion succeeds in killing its prey, you cant blame the lion for what it did because it was simply trying to get the food that it needs to survive. However, it is not reasonable to expect the wildebeest to simply lay there and get killed; it will fight for its life. If the lion is killed in the fight, you cant fault the wildebeest for what it did because it has the right to fight for survival.

For anyone who might say that the humans went too far in exterminating the Shiki, i have a counterargument to make. All of the Shiki (a few exceptions) would kill any of the humans in a heartbeat if given the opportunity, so you cant blame the people for getting rid of the threat.

I guess im just trying to say that if the Shiki are trying to kill people, they should be prepared for them to fight back, and if the people come out on top, I then they messed with the wrong village.
Jul 13, 2014 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
Yep and no one wins. The village was burned to the ground

im a shiki supporter

Jul 22, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2010
Animefreak17a said:

So do you now agree that no one was really right or wrong?
Jul 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
jonnyhan said:
Animefreak17a said:

nope I say it was the humans lose and heres what I say about them

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3358186

im a shiki supporter

Jul 22, 2014 5:46 PM

Feb 2013
Animefreak17a said:
jonnyhan said:

So then you're admitting to being hypocritical?
Jul 23, 2014 2:12 AM

Jul 2012
Piegoose said:
Animefreak17a said:

Nope I'm admitting human's are pricks..........

im a shiki supporter

Jul 23, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2010
Animefreak17a said:
Piegoose said:

And the Shiki are saints? Man you are a lost cause. These arguments will only go in circles for ever with someone who seems to hate humanity in real life and is projecting that hatred into an anime.
Jul 23, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
jonnyhan said:
Animefreak17a said:

And the Shiki are saints? Man you are a lost cause. These arguments will only go in circles for ever with someone who seems to hate humanity in real life and is projecting that hatred into an anime.

And the humans did a very good job of NOT killing humans didn't they
And
The did a good job of NOT crucially killing the shiki and letting them suffer.
And
The did NOT kill them slowly didn't they.

Oh yeah the humans are the saints aren't they...................

Besides I can name you more then 20 other anime that have had humans do horrible things

Go watch dance in the vampire bund and read it and maybe then we can talk.

Besides the shiki drank human blood to stay alive like us with animal's and plants.......how would you feel if animal's started attacking humans because we kill and eat them.

look at it this way,

lets just say for example

the shiki just ASKED for the villagers to stay in the village and asked to shear some of there blood and they told them who they are and told them there situation and they told them they aren't dangerous and wont hurt anyone and all that stuff that needed to be said on the shikis behalf...............

do you honesty believe they would allow them to stay.............

answer, no

because if they did caught wind of what they was and all that stuff, the humans would of been scared and would of attacked them because humans hate and fear what they don't understand........

look at sunakos backstory

she loved her family she believed in god and as a shiki she drinks in order to stay alive and no more.

but when she turned, her family was scared and abandoned her and put her in a barn and made servants go to the barn so she can feed on them and after 20 years of this she left the barn and went looking for them for 50 years..........yes 50 fucking years

( on a different note, Kanami Yano hid her mother who was a shiki from the other humans and she was happy to see her and she gave her blood and her mother was killed by the humans BECAUSE of her friend who was jealous of her because her family didn't rise as shiki)

she loved them so much she spent all that time looking for them.

she knew the humans wouldn't accept her and her shiki family and with good reason.

and before you go saying.........oh but she and her family are invaders.

humans invade other territories all the time and kill humans too

and before you say............., they could of drank blood without killing them

ok good point. they could go to a new human a night without killing them or turning them.............. but how long would they be able to continue that til they get caught, they would of eventually got caught by someone and gotten killed.

sorry but I know what im talking about.

your the lost cause here mate not me, you just see the shiki as monsters and humans are heros

while I see the shiki as victims and the humans monster

go watch

elfen lied
dance in the vampire bund
trigun
hell girl
xmen
ragnarok the animation
naruto
another
Rosario vampire
tiger and bunny

and loads of loads of other that have had humans hate anything that isn't human or something they don't understand

and by the way...........no im not projecting my hatred from reality to anime,

I just came to the realisation that humans are pricks and nothing less.

from what iv seen in anime, there could be a creature that resembles a human but isn't and is hated and out casted

lucy from elfen lied
naruto from ............well naruto
Jiltus from ragnarok
rolo from spice and wolf

wolf children
crest of the stars
blue gender
tiger and bunny
night warriors
xmen

and so on and so on

this happens in real life

we hate each other over

our looks
our beliefs
where we come from
our history

envy
fear
bigotry

humans hate and fear what they don't understand

and will outcast anyone who isn't from the same group as them or believe what they believe

but you don't seen to get how stupid humans are
geekfreak17aJul 24, 2014 3:53 AM

im a shiki supporter

Jul 28, 2014 1:06 PM
Feb 2014
The Shiki unnecessarily killed innocent people for their own selfish gain. There was absolutely NO reason why they had to kill people. None. Zip. Zero. They could have lived peacefully without killing their victims.

As stated in the show, a Shiki only drinks about a cup of blood a night. They don't naturally kill people when they feed. The reason the people die is because the Shiki are purposely killing them by feeding on them multiple times before they can recover. Not only is this stupid, but it is incredibly selfish.

All the Shiki had to do is feed on a person, then switch targets every night so that nobody dies. There were 1300 people in the village--plenty of food to go around. They could go over 12 weeks before feeding on the same target twice. Had they stuck to this method of living, nobody would have died and everybody would have been none the wiser. They would also would have had an unlimited supply of food that was completely sustainable.

Instead, they kidnap children from cities and kill them. They slaughter families. They attempted to turn an entire town into a ghost town. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for any of this.

The Shiki didn't HAVE to kill anyone to survive, yet that is the path they chose. In Tokyo Ghoul, I can sympathize with the Ghouls because they have no choice but to kill people in order to eat them. However, Shiki don't eat their prey, just drink a small portion of their blood. They don't HAVE to kill their prey.

There in lies the difference: purposeful, unnecessary killing of innocents.
thefrozenoneJul 28, 2014 1:14 PM
Jul 29, 2014 12:17 AM

Jul 2012
you clearly don't get it do you. -_-

again lets just say the shiki just asked the humans if they could stay and they told them who they are, what they are, what they need and ect ect

do you honestly think they would let them stay and made arrangements to have them suck a humans blood and move to a different one without killing or turning them.........

again no they wouldn't ......in fact they would try to kill tem and maybe warn other people that there are vampires and they are real and would hunt them down.

*and lets just say they just snuck around from a different human each night with out turning them or killing them...... how long do you think they can keep that up until they get caught by someone ......

look at it this way.......the symptoms of having there blood sucked would of made people of the village panic cause and wondering why everyone is getting these symptoms and if they caught the shiki they would of killed them*.

look at dance in the vampire bund, these vampires are peaceful but the humans hate and fear them and even hate humans helps them.......go watvh the anime and manga

look at ragnarok the animation therewas a half monster half human girl who didn't do anything wrong but she was hated and feared by the humans just because of what she was

look at xmen ......the humans hate and fear the mutantsjust because of what they are.

look at naruto ........he is hated in his villege because of a fox that's in side himand he didn't do anything wrong

look at lucy from elfen lied.........I think il let you find that out for your self........but again didn't do anything wrong

look at knives and vash from trigun they was hated and feared by a human in there early days just because of what they are and he beat them and hurt them and again they didn't do anything wrong

spice and wolf

tiger and bunny

wolf children

fruits basket

mushishi

banner of the stars

blassrette

and so on and so on

humans hate and fear what they don't understand and is different from them.

look it sunakos back story she loved her family and she was happy and she was turned in to a shiki and then her family abandoned her fearing her but heres the thing .....she was still her self when she turned

look at what the humans did

they killed the temple people for no reason but on suspicion and they was innocent.

they killed the old lady shiki who went back to her daughter and the daughter was happy to have her mother back but she was betrayed by her friend and told the humans she was hiding a shiki.

look at the old man they killed, instead of waiting for the effects to ware off they killed him.

look at the people the humans killed in the pipes, they was bitten once and was killed for it.

look what they did to migumi

look what they did to the shiki who was in the pipes......why broke there legs and chained them to the floor and they was laughing and was angry at the guy who was killing them quickly

sorry but I stand beside the shiki

they still had there emotions and memory and personalities from when they was humans, if they was like zombies id understand but no they asnt

sorry but again humans hate and fear what they don't understand

im a shiki supporter

Sep 3, 2014 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
I think I'd say neither. They both acted awfully.

Shiki manipulated the village like a children play with a toy. They killed with no remorse (for most of them). By their own nature, they shouldn't exist. Their only purpose is to hunt human. They are just corpses after all, not too far away from zombie.

On the other hand, the humans were incredibly stupid and crual. It wasn't that much apparent at the beginning, but when the slaughter started, they became crazy as fucktard. Even Toshio with whom I agreed on some point during the anime. But there is just one that shocked me so much, it's the contrast between his reaction to the first time they killed a non-shiki human and his total lack of reaction by the end. It's like he accepted it as a fatality. Killing humans had became normal and they were only collateral damage. They became totally insensible to killing their neighbors, friends or family. They even ended up liking it (those creepy smiles).

In overall, I think it's just a sad tragedy. If someone ''created'' the shiki, he's the real responsible for all these murders.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 11, 2014 10:37 AM
Aug 2014
minouneetzoe said:
I think I'd say neither. They both acted awfully.

Shiki manipulated the village like a children play with a toy. They killed with no remorse (for most of them). By their own nature, they shouldn't exist. Their only purpose is to hunt human. They are just corpses after all, not too far away from zombie.

On the other hand, the humans were incredibly stupid and crual. It wasn't that much apparent at the beginning, but when the slaughter started, they became crazy as fucktard. Even Toshio with whom I agreed on some point during the anime. But there is just one that shocked me so much, it's the contrast between his reaction to the first time they killed a non-shiki human and his total lack of reaction by the end. It's like he accepted it as a fatality. Killing humans had became normal and they were only collateral damage. They became totally insensible to killing their neighbors, friends or family. They even ended up liking it (those creepy smiles).

In overall, I think it's just a sad tragedy. If someone ''created'' the shiki, he's the real responsible for all these murders.

I say neither as well. The shiki manipulated the whole situation; they told those that rose up that they might be able to be with their families forever and that gave them an additional incentive to turn the village. The whole situation was terrible.

I understood the Dr's methods as well as blinding tunnel vision to eradicate the shiki but, they completely lost sight of their humanity and yet, this is what happens in war. People give up their morality and become desensitized to the point that death, violence, and gore are just the norm.

But, what no one thinks of is that every one has a responsibility. If they had realized that they were losing their humanity then maybe, they could have gone about things differently. Ritsuko understood the line and she chose not to cross it. Of all, she was the only one who maintained true humanity. The rest became just beastly and savage.

Yet, what this anime did was show the reality of what happens when brother is against brother, when death is all too common, and when everyone loses sight of himself.

Hasegawa understood it, that's why instead of letting the shiki that were captured remain tortured in the sun, he killed them out of mercy.
Sep 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
I wont say that the humans were completely innocent...they were cruel enough, but analysing this in a logical way? Shiki started it. and they did more wrong than humans, this would be like Shiki: 70% wrong and humans 30%.
They killed innocent people...including children which at least, they could have spared if they had some code of honor at least. Sunako understood how it was like to be transformed when you're just a child and yet she wants the whole village to be murdered and transformed into shiki. She didnt care about the pain of their families and friends, or the pain of a human becoming a being he didnt want to be.
Humanity in times of crisis will do crazy things its true... but lets just think like this: if humans didnt kill the shiki, the shiki would keep killing humans (and dont even dare to say otherwise because we all know they would not stop until everyone would be dead), so I'll side with humans, because they wanted to survive and honestly? Giving an example: No matter how much I loved my family, if they all were turned into shiki, they would certainly would not be the same: I would never knew when to feel safe at their side, if being by their side would stop them from trying to turning me into shiki etc. You watching your family killing needlessly? I would rather see them all dead and be an orphan than have a shiki family feeding and killing everyone on my village, sorry. And if they tried to transform me to get along? I would hate them so much that I would consider them no family to me anymore.
Shiki killed because they WANTED TO. Not saying they should not be allowed to live...because every being in the planet should have the right to live as much as a human has and humans should stop with the narcissism attitude "I own everything this shit is all mine". But look at Ritsuko and Natsuno. They were both transformed and yet somehow were able to keep their humanity: Ritsuko refused to feed and Natsuno who supposedly didnt give a shit about anything anymore, kept helping Kaoru and her brother. (go read the manga and you will see).
This became a war...and like a real war even if one started it and it was the major guilty, the other will end up killing innocents as well making both sides wrong.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 13, 2014 6:52 AM

Jul 2012
What about sunakos foster father....he was human and they didn't attack him.

Sunako knew the humans wouldn't accept them because humans hate and fear what they don't understand ....even if the shiki tried to come in peace...the humans would of killed them anyways.

Go watch dance in the vampire bund...And read the manga

im a shiki supporter

Sep 13, 2014 6:25 PM

Sep 2014
I side with Shiki for one simple reason. They are sentient beings. They think, they feel and they were once fully human. The hate against them comes from the fear of the unknown. This doesn't just happen to Shiki. Whenever humans (Fictionally speaking) are introduced to a new species, whether that species is similar to us or not, we react negatively. In the Shiki's case, they didn't choose to be Shiki. Now they not only have to face the fact they can walk into sunlight or being forced to drink blood, but now they live in fear themselves of being killed by the same species that they once belonged to.
Oct 1, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
Orulyon said:
I wont say that the humans were completely innocent...they were cruel enough, but analysing this in a logical way? Shiki started it. and they did more wrong than humans, this would be like Shiki: 70% wrong and humans 30%.
They killed innocent people...including children which at least, they could have spared if they had some code of honor at least. Sunako understood how it was like to be transformed when you're just a child and yet she wants the whole village to be murdered and transformed into shiki. She didnt care about the pain of their families and friends, or the pain of a human becoming a being he didnt want to be.
Humanity in times of crisis will do crazy things its true... but lets just think like this: if humans didnt kill the shiki, the shiki would keep killing humans (and dont even dare to say otherwise because we all know they would not stop until everyone would be dead), so I'll side with humans, because they wanted to survive and honestly? Giving an example: No matter how much I loved my family, if they all were turned into shiki, they would certainly would not be the same: I would never knew when to feel safe at their side, if being by their side would stop them from trying to turning me into shiki etc. You watching your family killing needlessly? I would rather see them all dead and be an orphan than have a shiki family feeding and killing everyone on my village, sorry. And if they tried to transform me to get along? I would hate them so much that I would consider them no family to me anymore.
Shiki killed because they WANTED TO. Not saying they should not be allowed to live...because every being in the planet should have the right to live as much as a human has and humans should stop with the narcissism attitude "I own everything this shit is all mine". But look at Ritsuko and Natsuno. They were both transformed and yet somehow were able to keep their humanity: Ritsuko refused to feed and Natsuno who supposedly didnt give a shit about anything anymore, kept helping Kaoru and her brother. (go read the manga and you will see).
This became a war...and like a real war even if one started it and it was the major guilty, the other will end up killing innocents as well making both sides wrong.
Yes, this is the most logical post. On top of which shiki dont contribute to the life cycle via decomposition, they only consume. Their existence demands the extinction of not only humans, but shiki themselves. The more they feed the more the human population lessens. Additionally their own increases, further decreasing their supply of food. Should they overcome humanity their own kind is doomed to mutually assured destruction. For this reason their need to feed is only a short term extension of their life, for they will always be hungry. Through their existence they guarantee their end.
Oct 2, 2014 8:03 PM

Nov 2013
I support the humans only because there are so many shiki I absolutely despise. (Sunako, Tatsumi, Chizuru)

EDIT: And Ozaki is a total badass.
FunnyRatmanJan 14, 2015 3:30 AM

Oct 3, 2014 3:08 AM

Jul 2012
ChaoticSilence said:
I support the humans only because there are so many shiki I absolutely despise. (Sunako, Tatsumi, Chizuru)

what about the humans...like the doctor and the bearded bastard......they did horrible things too

im a shiki supporter

Oct 24, 2014 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
I just don't understand why people would side with the humans

im a shiki supporter

Nov 1, 2014 10:53 AM
May 2013
Piegoose said:
Cupquake said:
They can all die. I didn't support either, but the end clearly wanted to make us support the shiki.

^yes

I didn't think the ending was in full support of the shiki, I thought it just showed that each side just wanted to survive, but it also pointed out how for a shiki to survive, more grief will be created for others and for themselves.

And about the doctor, I think he wasn't a "hero", but he did what should have been done. The only better alternative would be to find a way to get shiki known widespread and try to make a way for blood donations to allow both species to survive. However, that would be very likely to never make way. First, the shiki who wanted to make a safe haven would never take the risk for such an idea and stay on the safe life. Second, if it all went well, the few shiki that still attacked humans after the blood bank situation is set-up would possibly plant seeds to human panic that would in the end cause another war. Third, many people would just be too shocked with the existence of vampires and would never allow for a co-existing society.

The doctor made the most rational decision he could, factoring trying to save the village along with minimizing future human grief and death. Human survival requires far less death than that of shiki survival. The shiki did relate human to cattle at one point, but that comparison isn't exactly the same as the alternative of sharing blood is in place. If there was a way for us to consume some thing of cattle and not kill them in the process, society would without a doubt do that instead. Consuming blood is nothing like having to consume meats and proteins.

Damn...well said!!!
Dec 2, 2014 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
rpool179 said:
Piegoose said:

I didn't think the ending was in full support of the shiki, I thought it just showed that each side just wanted to survive, but it also pointed out how for a shiki to survive, more grief will be created for others and for themselves.

And about the doctor, I think he wasn't a "hero", but he did what should have been done. The only better alternative would be to find a way to get shiki known widespread and try to make a way for blood donations to allow both species to survive. However, that would be very likely to never make way. First, the shiki who wanted to make a safe haven would never take the risk for such an idea and stay on the safe life. Second, if it all went well, the few shiki that still attacked humans after the blood bank situation is set-up would possibly plant seeds to human panic that would in the end cause another war. Third, many people would just be too shocked with the existence of vampires and would never allow for a co-existing society.

The doctor made the most rational decision he could, factoring trying to save the village along with minimizing future human grief and death. Human survival requires far less death than that of shiki survival. The shiki did relate human to cattle at one point, but that comparison isn't exactly the same as the alternative of sharing blood is in place. If there was a way for us to consume some thing of cattle and not kill them in the process, society would without a doubt do that instead. Consuming blood is nothing like having to consume meats and proteins.

Damn...well said!!!

the humans wasn't nice people from the start if you haven't seen the series.....they had this coming

im a shiki supporter

Dec 2, 2014 4:11 PM

May 2013
Both were in the wrong in SOME ways, and both sides killed innocent people.

1. The Shiki killed because they wanted to. They DID NOT need to kill anyone. We saw how crafty they were, and how naive the village was. People started dying AND COMING BACK and NO ONE suspected anything supernatural besides the village fruitcake. The Shiki could have EASILY gotten away with sneaking blood from the villagers. Not to mention the fact that they were able to hypnotize whoever they bit, FORCING people to stay quiet about them, and no one the wiser.

So A) Shiki didn't need to kill anyone. B) They could have sustained themselves indefinitely through rationing and hypnosis C) They committed horrible killings anyway.

Basically, Shiki killed because they're murderers. Nothing more or less.
Feel free to argue with this, but please actually defend it, instead of saying "They needed blood to survive just like humans need animals" which, of course, doesn't defend it in any way as it doesn't explain why they didn't go with the plan I show here.

2. The Shiki murdered entire families without thought. You seem to forget that part. They slaughtered the elderly, men, women, and children without mercy. They also enslaved and brainwashed their own kind.

3. If the Shiki had won, and continued their (pretty stupid) plan, both the humans AND the Shiki would have died out. No one but the Jinrou would have won if the Shiki had won.

4. Many of the humans were crazy and did terrible things as well. Many of them also turned into psychopathic murderers. The temple killings were entirely unjustified. However, the majority of the humans acted rationally, being (from their perspective) faced with the murdering scum that killed off their friends and family, and cursed them to come back to life and kill MORE of their friends and family.

tl;dr:

The Shiki as represented in the anime are, at best, cursed, evil serial killers.
The humans did terrible things too, though *most* of it made sense.
TaichiYamatoDec 2, 2014 4:20 PM
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.
Dec 6, 2014 12:28 PM
Apr 2014
Just finished watching Shiki. Brilliant show, one that got me to think a bit.

Don't think either side was in the right. At the end both sides were trying to survive. And both sides took it too far. Humans with what happened at the temple. Shiki with how they would blackmail their own to get them to do what they want.

Nobody came out looking like a hero, which was refreshing. Even for the Shiki, some clearly killed because they enjoyed it (Megumi and Atutshi). I mean sure the humans kills were gruesome (Shiki ones again, the temple killings were the worse) but that isn't any worse than the Shiki coming night after night and slowly killing their victims. That's also torture.
Dec 6, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
OtakuRamen said:
Both were in the wrong in SOME ways, and both sides killed innocent people.

1. The Shiki killed because they wanted to. They DID NOT need to kill anyone. We saw how crafty they were, and how naive the village was. People started dying AND COMING BACK and NO ONE suspected anything supernatural besides the village fruitcake. The Shiki could have EASILY gotten away with sneaking blood from the villagers. Not to mention the fact that they were able to hypnotize whoever they bit, FORCING people to stay quiet about them, and no one the wiser.

So A) Shiki didn't need to kill anyone. B) They could have sustained themselves indefinitely through rationing and hypnosis C) They committed horrible killings anyway.

Basically, Shiki killed because they're murderers. Nothing more or less.
Feel free to argue with this, but please actually defend it, instead of saying "They needed blood to survive just like humans need animals" which, of course, doesn't defend it in any way as it doesn't explain why they didn't go with the plan I show here.

2. The Shiki murdered entire families without thought. You seem to forget that part. They slaughtered the elderly, men, women, and children without mercy. They also enslaved and brainwashed their own kind.

3. If the Shiki had won, and continued their (pretty stupid) plan, both the humans AND the Shiki would have died out. No one but the Jinrou would have won if the Shiki had won.

4. Many of the humans were crazy and did terrible things as well. Many of them also turned into psychopathic murderers. The temple killings were entirely unjustified. However, the majority of the humans acted rationally, being (from their perspective) faced with the murdering scum that killed off their friends and family, and cursed them to come back to life and kill MORE of their friends and family.

tl;dr:

The Shiki as represented in the anime are, at best, cursed, evil serial killers.
The humans did terrible things too, though *most* of it made sense.

humans are very ignorant things even if sunako came in peace the humans would of feared them and hunted them that's why she did what she did for her kind...shes not evil but is doing it for the sake of her family......

they only feed on people

the monk is a hero
the doctor is a arse hole

its is said that the humans wasn't very nice people to begin with...examples

1 they mocked migumi because of what she wears

2 the liquor store guy beats his son and his grandmother laughs at her grandson being beaten

3 the keep tabs on everyone and nosey in to other peoples business

4 that force rolls on to people to play in the village ...like the monk and doctor

5 they threaten the head mock of the temple to do his job.......pretty fucked up there.....chapter 33 of the manga explains it

also before the hunt this shows us the true nature of the humans

there was loads of humans who wanted to kill the shiki but there was those who didn't want to and ether left the village or just stuck around to see what happens

the human who hunted did it out of enjoyment and make them suffer by letting them burn in the sun but one human put them out of there misery and the other humans didn't like what he was doing.

also the humans who left was called cowards by the other humans

there was humans who lost loved ones but didn't want to take part in the hunt.

also you seem to forget something ....

the humans who turned in to shiki was still them selves from when they was humans.... they wasn't being controlled they wasn't evil or anything.....also migumi hated the village because of what they kept saying to her during her time as a human she just wanted to go to the city.

the hunt shows us the humans true nature.

they killed the temple people
killed there fellow hunters
killed a old man

also the manga is way better then the anime anyways, the manga explains a lot better then what the anime does.

the humans got what was coming to them and lost everything
geekfreak17aDec 6, 2014 2:24 PM

im a shiki supporter

Dec 7, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2013
Animefreak17a said:

humans are very ignorant things even if sunako came in peace the humans would of feared them and hunted them that's why she did what she did for her kind...shes not evil but is doing it for the sake of her family......

Sunako did only do it for her family, but as she said at the end, she knew she was cursed to cause wanton destruction and carnage. That's why she wanted to die.

Animefreak17a said:

they only feed on people

No, they murder people. Then the dead come back as Shiki. Didn't you watch/read Shiki?

Animefreak17a said:

the humans who turned in to shiki was still them selves from when they was humans.... they wasn't being controlled they wasn't evil or anything.....also migumi hated the village because of what they kept saying to her during her time as a human she just wanted to go to the city.

They were dead bodies. For all we know, they are just imprints of their former selves. We don't know if they were still themselves, no. That was never confirmed at all. Just because they act like their former selves doesn't mean they actually were.

Oh, and another point:
If the Shiki:

Animefreak17a said:

shiki was still them selves from when they was humans.

Then why are they any different from the humans who killed? Shiki killed too.
They're the same, in your own words. Both Shiki and Humans were murderers.

And yes, the humans did terrible things. A lot of them were horrible people.
But so were the Shiki.
In the end, they both did the wrong thing. That's why both sides lost/won/tied.
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.
Dec 7, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2012
OtakuRamen said:
Animefreak17a said:

Sunako did only do it for her family, but as she said at the end, she knew she was cursed to cause wanton destruction and carnage. That's why she wanted to die.

Animefreak17a said:

they only feed on people

No, they murder people. Then the dead come back as Shiki. Didn't you watch/read Shiki?

Animefreak17a said:

They were dead bodies. For all we know, they are just imprints of their former selves. We don't know if they were still themselves, no. That was never confirmed at all. Just because they act like their former selves doesn't mean they actually were.

Oh, and another point:
If the Shiki:

Animefreak17a said:

shiki was still them selves from when they was humans.

Then why are they any different from the humans who killed? Shiki killed too.
They're the same, in your own words. Both Shiki and Humans were murderers.

And yes, the humans did terrible things. A lot of them were horrible people.
But so were the Shiki.
In the end, they both did the wrong thing. That's why both sides lost/won/tied.

The only reason it happened was because of humans they are the reason the carnage happened it's humans who wouldn't accept them that's why she called it a curse humans are again stupid things .....

Go read and watch dance in the vampire bund

And yes they drink blood like we feed on animals to live another day....Also sunakos foster father is human too.

Your just making shit up...typical human supporter.

Let's see

( watched the special episode 1 with the pipes)
Natsuno was him self
The nurse

They felt pain
Cried
Had there memories

Yeah I'm calling Bullshit on what you said you have no proof and again I'm calling bullshit shit.

Shiki drank blood in order to live like humans eat animals and planets which we kill in order to live.

It's a 50/50 chance that they turn in to shiki or die or a 10 chance they turn in to advanced shiki.........

The shiki only did it to live humans killed out of enjoyment and hatred thats the difference.

im a shiki supporter

Jan 9, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2009
Animefreak17a said:
I support the shiki and I'm on there side

The shiki are only feeding them selfs and didn't ask to be shiki,

There not being controlled and are still them selfs when they was human

They don't kill out of malice or hate but to keep on living like we humans kill animals to live on.

I feel sorry for migumi cause all she wanted was to get out of the village and can see her point of view on the villagers being strange

I feel sorry for little vampire girl who's family abandoned her and i can see her point of view

I hate how the villagers handled the shiki and I hate the doctor for what he did to he's wife

I hate how the villagers killed the people in the temple and pipes and the old man and let the shiki Burn in the sun in the special

Even tho most of the shiki are dead the remaining humans lost everything family, there property, homes and village which burned to the ground at least the monk and vampire girl got away..........which is a slap to the face to the villagers lol

And that old bearded bastards got killed by the monk ( in the manga he's death was way more funnier )

And there was a few humans who accepted the shiki for who they was like the monk and the guy with the big gun.

And if a family member of mine was turned in to a shiki I'd help them escape from the evil humans
So yeah I support the shiki

Agree with everything, the main guy i hate him so much, that i hoped that he died -.- i felt sorry for megumi for love him. And i liked more the blonde guy that was his friend. I was hoping megumi starts to like him instead of the main guy. I hated that big basterd saying that to the little girl, he was a killer as well, and worse that her.
Jan 10, 2015 1:10 PM

May 2013
Animefreak17a said:

The only reason it happened was because of humans they are the reason the carnage happened it's humans who wouldn't accept them that's why she called it a curse humans are again stupid things .....

And yes they drink blood like we feed on animals to live another day....Also sunakos foster father is human too.

Let's see

Natsuno was him self
The nurse

They felt pain
Cried
Had there memories

Yeah I'm calling Bullshit on what you said you have no proof and again I'm calling bullshit shit.

Shiki drank blood in order to live like humans eat animals and planets which we kill in order to live.

It's a 50/50 chance that they turn in to shiki or die or a 10 chance they turn in to advanced shiki.........

The shiki only did it to live humans killed out of enjoyment and hatred thats the difference.

Most of them killed to survive.
And sure, maybe they had a remnant of their former selves. Also emotion =/= former self, what?
But okay, let's say they were themselves. So they murdered people as themselves and were no different to humans.

Typical shiki supporter. "Oh no, they only did it to survive cus they'd be feared and killed"

Humans fear Shiki because they murder humans. Think about that.

Shiki fear the humans who murder Shiki. It's the exact same thing.

I don't know where you got this hatred nonsense for humans, but it's pointless to argue with a person who has a deep personal issue with their own humanity/the humanity of others, or so it seems . . so I'll let it go.

I'm also not a human supporter. I think both sides were wrong. Try reading a little bit . .

In any case, I've already given enough evidence that both the Shiki and Humans could have done things a lot better, and ultimately both did evil, terrible things and were wrong for doing them.

Your inability to sympathize with human actions causes you to ultra rationalize the Shiki's actions, and that's pitiable. But whatever, that's your problem, not mine.

Feel free to say whatever you want, but I've said my piece. It's just a manga/anime series, you know. It's not like it's the end of the world. . haha.
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.
Jan 16, 2015 1:47 AM
Oct 2014
Shikis could have survived without killing. Ikumi's mom was living by feeding on the blood offerings Ikumi was giving her. So could have the original 5-6 shikis. But not so easy when there are more than 100.

But no, even though that stupid Sunako lived hundred of years (I assume at least 100) she wasn't smart enough to understand that the creating more shikis would eventually wipe out both humanity and the shikis (killing a human everyday, then that human would rise to feed on others would eventually result in accelerated death rate into extinction)

They compared it to humans killing animals to eat. Well, if I could cut a piece of bacon of the pig and it would regenerate later (like blood replentishes after a while) I would. Tohru was stupid to assume otherwise.

You say humans were evil? What did you expect them to do? To stand there and get killed? Or get turned into a shiki to face the same fate of killing to survive? That's awful.

Shikis, with a few exceptions like Tohru, began to revel in their killings. At first they were regretful for killing people, but after getting fed the "I must kill to survive" excuse, some of them had their conscience wiped clean. Like Megumi killing Kaori's parents. And don't get me started on freakshow Tatsumi.

In contrast, no human killed a shiki with a smile on their face. None. They did it because the shiki were ruining life... were ruining peace... Like Ookawa killed his son, and then when after Sunako he said to her that no father should experience the loss of their child, that a village was an idea where the old die before the young, and that the shikis are ruining it. I felt so bad for him, ruthless as he was. It was at that point that I absolutely despised shiki. There was no more moral dilema. Even Sunao realised it and wanted to die.

The only redeamable shiki was Ritsuko. I would have personally volunteer to help feed her with blood donations from time to time. Maybe Tohru.. though not as convinced. And the shiki who was worthy of pity was Megumi for having her life cut short without having to pursue her dreams, but pity does not mean having their sins excused, so she had to die.

Both sides were wrong, but they got fitting punishments. Shikis the more evil ones were killed, and humans got their homes destroyed (for not finding a more humane way to kill the shikis I suppose).
Jan 16, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2012
OtakuRamen said:
Animefreak17a said:

Let's see

Natsuno was him self
The nurse

They felt pain
Cried
Had there memories

Most of them killed to survive.
And sure, maybe they had a remnant of their former selves. Also emotion =/= former self, what?
But okay, let's say they were themselves. So they murdered people as themselves and were no different to humans.

Typical shiki supporter. "Oh no, they only did it to survive cus they'd be feared and killed"

Humans fear Shiki because they murder humans. Think about that.

Shiki fear the humans who murder Shiki. It's the exact same thing.

I don't know where you got this hatred nonsense for humans, but it's pointless to argue with a person who has a deep personal issue with their own humanity/the humanity of others, or so it seems . . so I'll let it go.

I'm also not a human supporter. I think both sides were wrong. Try reading a little bit . .

In any case, I've already given enough evidence that both the Shiki and Humans could have done things a lot better, and ultimately both did evil, terrible things and were wrong for doing them.

Your inability to sympathize with human actions causes you to ultra rationalize the Shiki's actions, and that's pitiable. But whatever, that's your problem, not mine.

Feel free to say whatever you want, but I've said my piece. It's just a manga/anime series, you know. It's not like it's the end of the world. . haha.

I hate humanity way before I watched shiki but I can understand why the shiki did what they did

In order to make the village there's.

Why should I care for scum that will just die in the end of the world.....when this happens...il be so happy

im a shiki supporter

Jan 16, 2015 9:15 PM

Jul 2012
RDooM said:
Shikis could have survived without killing. Ikumi's mom was living by feeding on the blood offerings Ikumi was giving her. So could have the original 5-6 shikis. But not so easy when there are more than 100.

But no, even though that stupid Sunako lived hundred of years (I assume at least 100) she wasn't smart enough to understand that the creating more shikis would eventually wipe out both humanity and the shikis (killing a human everyday, then that human would rise to feed on others would eventually result in accelerated death rate into extinction)

They compared it to humans killing animals to eat. Well, if I could cut a piece of bacon of the pig and it would regenerate later (like blood replentishes after a while) I would. Tohru was stupid to assume otherwise.

You say humans were evil? What did you expect them to do? To stand there and get killed? Or get turned into a shiki to face the same fate of killing to survive? That's awful.

Shikis, with a few exceptions like Tohru, began to revel in their killings. At first they were regretful for killing people, but after getting fed the "I must kill to survive" excuse, some of them had their conscience wiped clean. Like Megumi killing Kaori's parents. And don't get me started on freakshow Tatsumi.

In contrast, no human killed a shiki with a smile on their face. None. They did it because the shiki were ruining life... were ruining peace... Like Ookawa killed his son, and then when after Sunako he said to her that no father should experience the loss of their child, that a village was an idea where the old die before the young, and that the shikis are ruining it. I felt so bad for him, ruthless as he was. It was at that point that I absolutely despised shiki. There was no more moral dilema. Even Sunao realised it and wanted to die.

The only redeamable shiki was Ritsuko. I would have personally volunteer to help feed her with blood donations from time to time. Maybe Tohru.. though not as convinced. And the shiki who was worthy of pity was Megumi for having her life cut short without having to pursue her dreams, but pity does not mean having their sins excused, so she had to die.

Both sides were wrong, but they got fitting punishments. Shikis the more evil ones were killed, and humans got their homes destroyed (for not finding a more humane way to kill the shikis I suppose).

Ummm yes they did have a smile watch the pipe episode special 1 and that bearded bastard in the manga killed with a smile on his face

And that bearded bastard didn't say his gay little hypocrite speech in the manga or novel.........

The manga is closer to the novel and the only reason they put it in was to give a lesson to people at home......a very forced lesson

You felt sorry for that psychopath.......you should see a doctor....actually turn in to a shiki and let that fuck tard doctor see you.

I felt sooooooooooo sorry for migumi wished she got away...

But at least the hero monk and Sunako got away.........a middle finger to the humans and there supporters lol

Again it wasn't in the novel or manga...it was made by the director not the creator.

Go read chapter 41 he didn't say anything but 've a psychopath

I don't care I wanted her to live......but at least the village went up in smoke at least which was a good thing.

The humans was arse holes before the shiki arrived so they had it coming...the rednecka lost it all.

The humans are the evil ones here not the shiki.

The humans

Mocked migumi........she didn't like it at all.
They nosing around other people's business
The forced people to play rolls in the village.......And even threatening them if they didn't play they rolls the villagers wanted.....chapter 33
The bearded bastard beating his son for no reason.

They killed the temple people
Killed a old man
Killed there fellow hunters
The ways they killed the shiki

Burning in the sun
The way they killed migumi.......that was disgusting.....fucking rednecks.

Serves the humans right

im a shiki supporter

Jan 29, 2015 5:29 PM
Jan 2015
I think you guys are forgetting that the shiki are technically deceased already. They have no pulse and they don't breath either. I felt sad for the shiki because of the way they were being hunted but in all reality it was necessary for them to properly move on to the after life. The events of the shiki hunt did prove how man-kind reacts when there livelihood is at stake and how maniacal people can get when they are desperate to survive. (Like when they ran up in the temple and killed seshin mother) This is prevalent for both the shiki and humans. In conclusion, both parties were at fault at different points in the series.
Feb 1, 2015 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
crisd92 said:
I think you guys are forgetting that the shiki are technically deceased already. They have no pulse and they don't breath either. I felt sad for the shiki because of the way they were being hunted but in all reality it was necessary for them to properly move on to the after life. The events of the shiki hunt did prove how man-kind reacts when there livelihood is at stake and how maniacal people can get when they are desperate to survive. (Like when they ran up in the temple and killed seshin mother) This is prevalent for both the shiki and humans. In conclusion, both parties were at fault at different points in the series.

But If you read chapter 33 of the manga, the humans was arse holes from the beginning

im a shiki supporter

Feb 24, 2015 8:54 PM

Jul 2011
The humans, save for a select few, did nothing wrong. Though, it's not like the Shiki did anything wrong either, they did what they had to do to survive.

The show can basically be boiled down to survival of the fittest. Shiki killed to survive, the humans killed to save their own lives. I don't see how there could be a right or wrong in this scenario.
Feb 27, 2015 7:38 AM
Oct 2012
a dark and scary vampire story both sides had there points i guees but i do not ussally watch horror but i did think it was a good story had me untill the end i did feel sorry for megame
May 10, 2015 12:17 AM
May 2015
Hated both sides. Hated how the anime presented the characters. So unrealistic. Both the shiki and the humans were majorly extremist. Its almost as if both groups thought the only way to survive was to kill the other. Thats what irks me the most about this series... they never fucking talked to eachother... It was just like "oh shit your a shiki who feeds on human blood, i better exterminate your entire race to survive" and "im hungry. I might as well kill a human just to get some of its blood". How fucking dumb can you be.
How can NO ONE think of some sort of mutual symbiosis like with Kanami and her mother...
EL PSY CONGROO
May 10, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
6Man said:
Hated both sides. Hated how the anime presented the characters. So unrealistic. Both the shiki and the humans were majorly extremist. Its almost as if both groups thought the only way to survive was to kill the other. Thats what irks me the most about this series... they never fucking talked to eachother... It was just like "oh shit your a shiki who feeds on human blood, i better exterminate your entire race to survive" and "im hungry. I might as well kill a human just to get some of its blood". How fucking dumb can you be.
How can NO ONE think of some sort of mutual symbiosis like with Kanami and her mother...

Do you really think a human should "talk it out" with a Shiki that can easily mind control humans? And lest you forget, the vast majority of Shiki have already killed a lot of humans. There's no way the human side could just forget that and see eye to eye with them. Not to mention it would've done jack shit because the Kirishikis were pretty dead set on creating a village for Shiki. It was pretty much impossible for them to come to an understanding in the first place.

And then you have the Shiki side. As soon as a Shiki rises, they are taken by the Kirishikis and are forced to feed on and kill a human. They are manipulated into becoming killers and deluded into thinking that it's the only way for them to survive. Once they have that blood on their hands, it's hard to turn back.
May 10, 2015 8:23 PM
May 2015
SexyPriest said:

the Kirishikis were pretty dead set on creating a village for Shiki

I realize that the start of all this was because of the Kirishikis which is y i hate them. I dont understand y they would resort to killing in order to survive when in fact they only require blood. That's extremely illogical and i find it hard to believe that the kirishikis (who have been around for probably hundreds of years) resorted to murder for food.
In other words, the Kirishikis ideals are unreasoned and dont make sense -> Kirishikis are unrealistically presented.

SexyPriest said:

As soon as a Shiki rises, they are taken by the Kirishikis and are forced to feed on and kill a human. They are manipulated into becoming killers and deluded into thinking that it's the only way for them to survive. Once they have that blood on their hands, it's hard to turn back.

It was shown in the series that its not necessary to kill humans to survive. The shiki just have an extreme hunger for human blood. However, i agree that the shiki are "forced" into acts of murder by the Kirishikis and it is not the fault of the shiki. Also its never stated that the shiki cant stop killing once they start, in fact im sure that many shiki WANT to stop but cant because of the Kirishikis.
hmmm actually thinking about this made me realize that its not the shiki who were extremist and unrealistic but the Kirishikis and their irrationality towards killing all humans. Good point.

SexyPriest said:

Do you really think a human should "talk it out" with a Shiki that can easily mind control humans? And lest you forget, the vast majority of Shiki have already killed a lot of humans. There's no way the human side could just forget that and see eye to eye with them

Yes they should. Just because they have an ability that is vastly superior to humans and feed on human blood doesnt mean that humans should just kill all of the shiki. I admit that brainwashing ability is pretty frightening but that doesnt mean that all shiki use that ability selfishly. some may not use it at all.
As for the the shiki that have already killed humans, it brings up a very controversial and debatable subject. Should they be punished for being forced into killing? Not too sure on what the actual legal implications on a case like this is but i would assume it does not warrant a death sentence.
Also it helps to imagine yourself in that situation: If your girlfriend/boyfriend/brother/sister/family died and came back as shiki would you still murder them? Knowing that they only need blood to survive I would not. Killing the shiki is the same as murdering a human. Thats more reason y i think some humans were portrayed unrealistically; the doctor had emotional connections with some of the shiki and yet he acted like a cold blooded murderer and killed them without a second thought -> human "leaders" portrayed unrealistically

To summarize...
I felt that the portrayal of the Kirishikis and the "Leaders" of the humans were unrealistic (which is y i hated both of them). Both were extremely reactional and their ideals/actions do NOT represent the majority. I should add that i dont hate ALL the shiki or ALL the humans.
I do think that the series would have been better if there was some sort of "bridge" character that tries to bring both the shiki and humans together. I thought for sure Seishin would be this character but instead he turned out to be completely useless and did nothing.
EL PSY CONGROO
May 13, 2015 9:09 PM
Nov 2014
Animefreak17a said:
RDooM said:

Ummm yes they did have a smile watch the pipe episode special 1 and that bearded bastard in the manga killed with a smile on his face

And that bearded bastard didn't say his gay little hypocrite speech in the manga or novel.........

The manga is closer to the novel and the only reason they put it in was to give a lesson to people at home......a very forced lesson

You felt sorry for that psychopath.......you should see a doctor....actually turn in to a shiki and let that fuck tard doctor see you.

But at least the hero monk and Sunako got away.........a middle finger to the humans and there supporters lol

Again it wasn't in the novel or manga...it was made by the director not the creator.

I don't care I wanted her to live......but at least the village went up in smoke at least which was a good thing.

The humans was arse holes before the shiki arrived so they had it coming...the rednecka lost it all.

The humans

The forced people to play rolls in the village.......And even threatening them if they didn't play they rolls the villagers wanted.....chapter 33

Killed a old man

Burning in the sun

Serves the humans right

I Think you are just delusional and projecting your hate of humanity and wanting the apocalypse to justify merciless killing of the villagers. Yes they need blood to survive, something that was pointed out could have been done by simply collecting blood from all types of people in the village, in hospitals etc.

What you refuse to recognize, admit or even acknowledge is that the Kirishiki family wanted to go to the village and TURN AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. This meant MASS INDISCRIMINATE KILLING. Killing children, nurses, and eventually, kidnapping/killing people for fun! All because the KIRISHIKIS ORDERED THIS! It was not to sustain and to live, it was to have a new vampire village, which meant killing all the current villagers to make more SHIKI!

In the end, you are completely wrong and out of touch. Just because you hate humanity and want the world to end, does not make your opinion even close to valid argument. You are coming from the perspective of a narcisist and a masochist, wanting the world to burn, believing only you are right.

There has been plenty of logical arguments on why you are wrong already. Yes the humans did poor things as well, but the situation started thru serial killings caused not by survival, but by an mass killing initiative. The whole point was to TURN PEOPLE, NOT TO SURVIVE. It was to KILL all the HUMANS. Any human loses their mind slowly in a life and death game, where there village is seemingly being wiped out by demons, losing loved ones left and right.

And you somehow would sit there and say "Fuck the humans" if your family was dropping one by one like some of the families in the beginning of the killings?

Your basically saying "Fuck myself" then. I am sorry but 99% of people would not feel like fucking themselves.

You are wrong. And I am not saying I am right. But I did state universal facts, and CORRECT FACTS from the anime. Don't bring up other animes and manga, we are talking about SHIKI. They killed to kill- not to survive.

They killed to turn people and take over a community- a village that never belonged to them. They decided to show up and wage war the moment they started killing people instead of simply drinking blood.
May 14, 2015 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
Truth Be told...i don't Think Either side was Wrong and Neither was Right. Huh if u look at the big picture both the Shiki and human were in the right and wrong on a lot of things.

The Shiki were a race of beings that were outside of there nature but nobody within their ranks ever truly wanted to be turned into shinki in the first place...

Some of them definitely deserved to be eliminated as they rather enjoyed the ability to kill and contempt and were even killing out of necessity rather for there enjoyment such as Megumi, Tatsumi, Atsushi Ookawa and Masao Murasako were all just rotten to the core.

While others such as Tooru Mutou, Nao Yasumori and Ritsuko Kunihiro were left with no real choice and had to kill not out of joy but out of survival.

Nao killed her family off in order to at least make them part of her new life as she did not want to be alone but ultimately failed,

Tooru was too overwhelmed with hunger and could never control it and
Ritsuko was probably the strongest will to choose death rather than become the monster she has become.

AS for Sunako's case she is both a villain and a Tragic character...Her Plan to turn an entire village for shiki spread from a desire to find a place to belong and find a new family to accept her after being left abandoned and than alone for over a century and more.

Yes she was bit merciless and a bit brutal but at the same time u can't but help with sympathizing with her after all that has happened u can understand at least to some extant as to why she did what she did even if it would never have worked.

As for Natsuno Koide he may seem like an ass because he is unsociable but that is more or less to do of being forced into situations and brought to this place out of other people chocies ( his parents) Also with the fact that people were judging him ( villiagers) and he wanted to get out..Tooru and a few of the others were his only real friends and he really did care for them,

it was Tooru's death and than turning him into a shink against his will was the main reason he wanted vengeance..

.After he himself got turned, even tough he got the better option he still wanted to destroy them cause of what they did and he resented what he became cause it made him feel like he was also part of them. that is why he took his own life but took the others with them as he felt he never wanted to be part of the shinki but he could never return to being truly human.

Now on the Human's Side first of all u got the Toshio Ozaki he was a guy who cared for his patients and all the people around him and he so desperately wanted to save everyone he could, he saw the shinki were a threat to the humans and rightful so as they were compelling to kill everyone one out of ther own interests.

he was pushed to the limit with the death of his own wife( before u say about her treatment after that let me explain) ...Yes his wife died and yes his methodology to find out about the shinki were morally questionable but in all honesty after all the deaths and all the suffering and with this one chance to find out your enemies weakness did he really have any other choice? if u were in the position and i mean truly in that position ask yourself what u would have done?

His leading the whole villagers and taking down the shinki was brilliant and necessary if u were a human population and faced a threat u had to do u can in order to survive and sometimes that might mean sacrificing your own humanity although to be fair he was not a villian to the shinki as he neighter enjoyed killing, it was just a matter of survival and anger( you lose your wife and friends u would be pushed to the limit too)

Some of the other villagers in there treatment of the shinki was really harsh and some even relished and prolonged the kills which makes them yes a bit more villianry others were just scared and horrified and the same time anger filled them in there hearts and with all those factors can u really blame them for doing to what they did to the shinki? it may have been wrong as to how some were treated but most of them were forced into that situation which was way out of control.

Than u have the priest Seishin Muroi while yes i can see how soem people might see him as a traitor and yes a bit hypocritical in his philosophy about killing and murder after what he did but if u take a step back and anaylize it a bit more, he was more or less just speaking about the morallity of what others tough of and compelled him to do what they wanted.

he never wanted to be a priest and he was so influecned by his family tradition that he must have thought he was trapped and countinued to bear the judgment of others rather than himself whne he talked with sunako about his books and feelings i think at some point he must have realised what he truly wanted and took the oppertunity to finalyl escape it all and he choose to be a shiki as he alwasy felt he was more dead than alive and being a shinki was more close to what he truly was than how others forced him to be.

Bottom line though is that there is no real bad or good things in either cases, this whole thing was set to fall apart from the start, it just had to build up into a climax that in the end due to the conflict of both parties led to the ruin of most parties hence the symbolism of the village being destroyed and both the shinki and human due the conflicts with each other destroyed themselves. but that is up to you to decide...
May 29, 2015 11:13 PM
May 2015
Hi there,

I hope I'm not necroing this thread (get it? vampires and necroing? eheheh)

Would any shiki supporters here be willing to donate their blood?
http://www.redcrossblood.org/

Or better yet their organs:
http://www.organdonor.gov/index.html

If you don't then you really aren't a shiki supporter.
Jun 10, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2012
StevePen387 said:
Animefreak17a said:

The humans

Killed a old man

Burning in the sun

Serves the humans right

I Think you are just delusional and projecting your hate of humanity and wanting the apocalypse to justify merciless killing of the villagers. Yes they need blood to survive, something that was pointed out could have been done by simply collecting blood from all types of people in the village, in hospitals etc.

What you refuse to recognize, admit or even acknowledge is that the Kirishiki family wanted to go to the village and TURN AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. This meant MASS INDISCRIMINATE KILLING. Killing children, nurses, and eventually, kidnapping/killing people for fun! All because the KIRISHIKIS ORDERED THIS! It was not to sustain and to live, it was to have a new vampire village, which meant killing all the current villagers to make more SHIKI!

In the end, you are completely wrong and out of touch. Just because you hate humanity and want the world to end, does not make your opinion even close to valid argument. You are coming from the perspective of a narcisist and a masochist, wanting the world to burn, believing only you are right.

There has been plenty of logical arguments on why you are wrong already. Yes the humans did poor things as well, but the situation started thru serial killings caused not by survival, but by an mass killing initiative. The whole point was to TURN PEOPLE, NOT TO SURVIVE. It was to KILL all the HUMANS. Any human loses their mind slowly in a life and death game, where there village is seemingly being wiped out by demons, losing loved ones left and right.

And you somehow would sit there and say "Fuck the humans" if your family was dropping one by one like some of the families in the beginning of the killings?

Your basically saying "Fuck myself" then. I am sorry but 99% of people would not feel like fucking themselves.

You are wrong. And I am not saying I am right. But I did state universal facts, and CORRECT FACTS from the anime. Don't bring up other animes and manga, we are talking about SHIKI. They killed to kill- not to survive.

They killed to turn people and take over a community- a village that never belonged to them. They decided to show up and wage war the moment they started killing people instead of simply drinking blood.

You stupid one sided human supporter.......they killed because they needed to not because the wanted to.... but sadly a idiot like you wouldn't get that.....here's insult to injury... the monk and sunako got a way.... up yours.

im a shiki supporter

Jun 10, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
Neither were right, but If I were to choose, I would also just side the the humans.

Shiki already died ones, they just continued to live on for their own selfish desires of eternal life, what would they have done if they had succedded and turned the village into a zombie village? Move on to another city and repeat the process, they will continue like that until eventually they are out of resources, then what? Only animals will live on earth? Perhaps that might be for the better, but that's a different topic.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.