Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone here ever feel embarrassed when you look at other anime fans?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 11, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:
I feel this way every time I visit MAL.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Mar 11, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2013
FacelessVixen said:
Cupquake said:
FacelessVixen said:
Sees dude on the train reading manga: Intrigued.
Realizes that he's reading Naruto: *dry sigh*

Bro, whenever I go out, I stuff my 52 volumes of Naruto in a duffel bag just in case I have time to read them.

I'm kind of an elitist against "the big three." But, at least it can be used as a conversation starter.

...Then I'll mention Perfect Blue, and they'll have no fucking clue about what I'm talking about, and then ask me about several Dragon Ball Z episodes...

I attack them with the paper ninja starz I keep in various locations around my body, then whip off my leaf village headband and challenge the person to a duel.

I usually avoid starting conversations with anime/manga fans irl unless I actually know them
Mar 11, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2009
Cupquake said:
FacelessVixen said:
Cupquake said:
FacelessVixen said:
Sees dude on the train reading manga: Intrigued.
Realizes that he's reading Naruto: *dry sigh*

Bro, whenever I go out, I stuff my 52 volumes of Naruto in a duffel bag just in case I have time to read them.

I'm kind of an elitist against "the big three." But, at least it can be used as a conversation starter.

...Then I'll mention Perfect Blue, and they'll have no fucking clue about what I'm talking about, and then ask me about several Dragon Ball Z episodes...

I attack them with the paper ninja starz I keep in various locations around my body, then whip off my leaf village headband and challenge the person to a duel.

I usually avoid starting conversations with anime/manga fans irl unless I actually know them

Probably a good idea. I can admit to using the word "kawaii" on occasion so see if anyone would react to it.

...Well, there goes my credibility as an anti-weeb.

Mar 11, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
I'm rather amused how people who watch anime can be so diverse in their occupation. Some can be in the medical field, some can work in a business, some can be doing their Masters or PhD or already teaching.

So maybe there are those typically seen in conventions as the ultimate ignorant fanboy, but there's also people that's interesting. I would facepalm at some fans, then be in awe of some others.
Mar 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2012
Kusuriuri_San said:
Negative-Travis said:
kami_desu said:
Ckan said:
Be proud of you heritage, fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4

No... just...
If I ever become like this... I don't know. Push me off a bridge or something.
Oh fuck, I forogt about that.
You can blame Vic Mignogna for that horrifying display.

He was responsible for that travesty?
He was actually in charge of all of Sakura-Con's commercials up until that one, I believe.
If I remember correctly, a different commercial was supposed to run (they have a contest and run the winner) but he was personally involved with that one and green lit it anyway.

If you follow VA's at all, you'll notice that Vic has a bit of a reputation for being the world's largest bag of chicken shit. That was just one of his many dick moves at cons.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Mar 11, 2014 6:54 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
This is more a of a personal rant or a blog post. Almost all the comments have degraded into off topic discussion.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 3 hours ago

19 by EastIndiaCompany »»
42 seconds ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

13 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 5 hours ago

23 by Jonas-K »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 3 hours ago

19 by alexw1020 »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

81 by 3miL »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.