Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2009 10:04 AM
Mar 2009
For a while there, I thought we were not gonna get a new OP for the arc. It came a little late, almost a third through the ep. With the flashback, I wonder how her four classmates ended up? That rainy devil sure is something, bringing out the "beast within" spontaneously even on apparently minute background hatred and killing intent.

But it was kind of a tragic story really, with the artifact the "gift" given to her by her deceased parents as a sign of support -- saying even though we can no longer be with you, we want you to be all that you can be and do all you can to succeed and live on. Heh, now I find it sad that she wanted her arm amputated. Still, I wonder how Suruga manages to make her left arm look slim under those bandages...

And I love how they're hyping up Shinobu to be some sort of godlike entity, having so much power even though she's stuck as a loli of her former self. Same but not so much goes to Araragi. One tenth of his former strength and he's near unkillable, even managing to be able to stand up mere minutes after being violently disemboweled (destruction of the diaphragm should give him difficulty breathing, props for him not passing out throughout the encounter)... Kizumonogatari sure is gonna be exciting, to say the least.

Then Hitagi comes to save the day. Epic countdown, epic dialogue, epic yuri vibes. What more can I say?... Oh, it's interesting how Araragi labels Meme as a magnificent bastard. And yes, I agree that Araragi was gunning for Hitagi reconciling with Suruga and them going back to friends once again, as evident on his thoughts two episodes ago.
Aug 31, 2009 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
I loved the new OP! The arc was pretty great, I guess...
Sealkid said:
Bakemonogatari looks like a Visual novel

Yeah, pretty much.
Aug 31, 2009 12:16 PM

Jul 2009
Fabienne said:
Laevantein said:

Oh yeah Araragi is enjoying himself being beaten up by monkey, there is a hole in his belly!, and Senjougahra didn't even worried, is this the power of love? i like it.

It's funny but strange at the same time, that Senjougahra didn't care about his injuries like in episode 6 XD
It's a payback for Araragi because he lied to her..so scaryy
Aug 31, 2009 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
FinestX said:
Sealkid said:

Yeah, pretty much.
Of course it is, it's adapted from visual novel.
Aug 31, 2009 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
A tremendous finale to a great arc, where every character gets their own time on the screen in a way they affect the storyline in an important way.

The highlight was the duel, definitely a strong scene, cinematic and also violent, toppable only by another strong scene - Kanbaru's and Senjougahara's reconcilation at the very end of the episode, a very emotional moment. So Senjougahara saves the day.

We also get a new opening song and animation, but I doubt it will stay for longer than just this ep.

A new arc coming up and a new girl will be introduced. Can't wait for next week!

10/10
Aug 31, 2009 2:24 PM

Feb 2009
Laevantein said:
FinestX said:
Sealkid said:

Yeah, pretty much.
Of course it is, it's adapted from visual novel.

It's an adaptation of a light novel, big difference there.
Aug 31, 2009 3:56 PM
Apr 2009
hahah suruga ripped off araragi inside deeply damn
good episode ! senjouhara still talking cold as always :P
Aug 31, 2009 5:58 PM

May 2009
that looked really painful for Araragi, would have been cool to see what he was like at full power back when he was a vampire.
Aug 31, 2009 6:37 PM

May 2007
Decent episode...probably the weakest of the series, but still good in its own right, I suppose. I want more Senjougahara.
Aug 31, 2009 8:19 PM

Nov 2007
It's funny but I think the events in this episode strengthened Araragi's and Hitagi's relationship.
Aug 31, 2009 9:13 PM

Jan 2008
This episode needs more Senjougahara, but at least the fight scene was pretty nice.
Aug 31, 2009 10:02 PM

Dec 2008
That was one bloody fight. Araragi took quite a beating.
Sep 1, 2009 4:43 AM

Jan 2009
saxophone said:
Araragi took quite a beating.

He seems to be perfectly fine, doesn't he?: D The way he looks so.. distant and half-ways out of conciousness, really makes him look lively, right? : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 1, 2009 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
Lol, something grabbed me from the very first time I decided to pick this Anime up and I can safely say it still has one heck of a hold on me. Stylistically, it reminds me a lot of ef - a tale of memories/melodies, and I loved those. The arcs themselves are so...different (for a lack of a better word) than anything I've ever seen and in one word, I'd call it unique. And I'm completely glued to the ED Theme...it's catchy, and despite the dark feel to a couple of the episodes, it always seems like the perfect way to end each episode.

ON TO THE EPISODE ITSELF. My apologies for rambling. Gotta give the guy credit; Araragi-kun's a prime example of someone we'd label "selfless." That beating...lol. I can't even explain how I felt while and after I watched it. But I can say that I liked the way they played with the color in the whole scene to alleviate how intensely violent and gore-filled it was. And was that *thing* Araragi-kun's intestine? I couldn't make it out, and to be honest I had no idea what that was the first time I watched it...didn't pay much attention to it. I'm just happy these "oddities" don't exist in reality =]

IMO, Senjougahara really deeply, truly loves Araragi. Bitter-sweet would be how I'd describe the way she acts toward him, but underneath there's a clear, unbreakable love. Favorite character from the start of the series, by far. Overall this arc gets a 4.5/5; I just didn't like Suruga at all, but I can't deny the hook the story had on me. Looking forward to the next arc~

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Sep 1, 2009 8:48 AM

Aug 2009
Now I am waiting for the next EP..
Sep 1, 2009 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
XxDeadlyNinjaxX said:
Now I am waiting for the next EP..

I'm always waiting for the next ep : D
Last time I saw an anime this good was.. well.. I don't remember when that was : D Must be really long ago ^^,
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 1, 2009 10:13 AM

Jul 2009
EXMemories said:

IMO, Senjougahara really deeply, truly loves Araragi. Bitter-sweet would be how I'd describe the way she acts toward him, but underneath there's a clear, unbreakable love.
Well Araragi is the only person that can't be die so easily if Senjougahara is angry, just kidding, best romance so far. Just love when they are talking together.
Sep 1, 2009 10:20 AM

Jan 2009
Laevantein said:
Just love when they are talking together.

Those conversations are.. pretty strange, although any feelings between them are quite in the clear. (i.e. their feelings are quite obvious. At least Senjougahara's : D)
Also.. Senjougahara <3 : D
Sep 1, 2009 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Laevantein said:
Just love when they are talking together.

Those conversations are.. pretty strange, although any feelings between them are quite in the clear. (i.e. their feelings are quite obvious. At least Senjougahara's : D)
Also.. Senjougahara <3 : D
I mean when Senjougahara said she will kill him and become the one that sit next to him when Araragi died, and she said it was romantic. and not to mention about how Senjougahara wants to kill Araragi, lol. is that Tsundere?
Sep 1, 2009 2:42 PM
Jan 2009
umm...

is it going to be actually Senjougahara building a harem?
Sep 1, 2009 6:21 PM

May 2009
Araragi can really endure a ton of pain. I cringed when the "rope" snapped.
If I was Araragi, I would've been, "cut Kanbaru's arm off now!"

Senjougahara is awesome.

I wanna see Shinobu's blade.
Sep 1, 2009 11:20 PM

Mar 2009
Mmmm gotta love the guts lol what the hell!
Sep 2, 2009 2:14 AM

May 2009
This show redefined the definition of gore. Showing someone's guts being janked out, being swung around by them and having them ripped out eventually, all the while showing the scene in any color but the obvious making it look like paint was splattering all around is quite a unique way of toning down the shock factor.

Seems like Hitagi saved him this time around. He's very lucky to have found her, he'd better not let her go (though I'd assume it would mean his death if he ever did).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2009 2:17 AM

Dec 2008
why is the freak of the arc always a girl?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2009 6:54 AM

Jan 2009
AO968 said:
This show redefined the definition of gore. Showing someone's guts being janked out, being swung around by them and having them ripped out eventually, all the while showing the scene in any color but the obvious making it look like paint was splattering all around is quite a unique way of toning down the shock factor.

First, the colors.. were.. Nice : D It made the occation somehow seem a bit.. happy and fun xD. Although that was clearly not the case.
Fabienne said:

Because it's .. it's just like that : D. Heck why am I even trying to find reason in this? Oh well guess it's because .. no never mind. I'm not gonna say girls are violent : 3
Sep 2, 2009 7:20 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!!
The pastel color is very beautiful.
Sep 2, 2009 7:23 AM

May 2008
Holy shit...this episode was freaky xD Friggen...Kanbaru swinging Araragi around by his intestines.

I feel bad for Kanbaru though D: She loves Senjougahara a lot. Boo.

Sep 2, 2009 1:07 PM

May 2009
Hahahaha, loved it. Senjougahara at the end was so ridiculously cold but awesome.
Sep 2, 2009 3:22 PM
May 2008
Alright arc, and the fight scene was nicely done imo. I did like how Senjougahara gave Araragi hell when she showed up... as if things weren't bad enough at the time... lol.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 2, 2009 8:06 PM
Jul 2009
Fabienne said:

Each 3 episodes is based on a different book with a different girl... it's somewhat like a harem series, except he's had the girlfriend from the first book.
Sep 2, 2009 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
israfel070 said:
Fabienne said:

Each 3 episodes is based on a different book with a different girl... it's somewhat like a harem series, except he's had the girlfriend from the first book.
or maybe also because of the simple explanation that if he starts helping another male character with his problems, it might not appear to be as interesting to the readers/audience? (and it would feel BL-ish?) :-)
Sep 3, 2009 6:16 PM

Apr 2009
I lol'd at the different colored blood. :D
Why is this anime so amazing?
Sep 3, 2009 8:27 PM

May 2007
I disliked this episode pretty much.

I don't know exactly what pissed me off, but i disliked the series for the first time.

Maybe its because i simple hate lezbo bitches, 3rd wheels and overly boyish girls, like Kanbaru, or because i watched in low quality with the audio sync screwed.

Most probably my "hate" was caused because of the second reason since last two episodes didn't made me that upset. Tho i must voice that i was pretty much annoyed with Kambaru's arc.

I wanted araragi to kill her...
I agree with oshino, his kindness makes me sick sometimes.

Note: The fight was fun to see. I like the style that is being used on this series.
Sep 4, 2009 12:52 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm. This was a nice arc, but I still prefer Mayoi Snail.

I wonder if they'll animate Koyomi Vamp, Tsubasa Cat or atleast Karen Bee...

Sep 4, 2009 8:17 AM
Apr 2009
Ryuukishi said:

I wonder if they'll animate Koyomi Vamp,

no
Ryuukishi said:

Tsubasa Cat

yes
Ryuukishi said:

or atleast Karen Bee...

no
Sep 4, 2009 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
LOL
After I post the video here,in one day to another,it come to more than 2 thousand views O__O
Sep 4, 2009 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode! =D
Sep 5, 2009 2:58 PM

Nov 2006
Not even Sawashiro Miyuki can save Kanbaru for me. She's annoying and needs to gtfo.
Sep 5, 2009 11:31 PM

May 2008
that was alot of broken bones ouch

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 7, 2009 11:18 PM

Sep 2008
awesome episode! I enjoyed it a lot. Glad the quality went back up again :]
Sealkid said:

Now that you mention it, it kinda does :| Heh, didn't think about that before but you have a good point. I'm kinda surprised the original version wasn't a visual novel now... ><
Sep 14, 2009 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyed the episode. This series is going good. Am kind of wandering how her hand looks now.
Well tsundere-chan(am really unable to remember how to wright correctly her name) saved the day and Araraki really took some beating.
That little vampire girl really seems interesting. I had seen some fanart of her but had no idea who she was before i start watching the show.
MonadSep 17, 2009 6:33 PM
Sep 15, 2009 7:39 AM
Dec 2008
I'm always in for bloody scenes and gore wuahahaha
Sep 17, 2009 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
LOL Yuri lilies XD

Did anyone else think Senjogahara was completely cruel when she was rejecting Suruga at the end? Why would you tell someone that you just want to be friends while you're pracitically all up on them like that? She was toturing her poor broken-hearted soul! :(

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 17, 2009 8:13 PM

Oct 2007
rilwena said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOHwVZc6QYY

If that was a Soviet dictator it would be Yuri Pantdropov.
Sep 19, 2009 3:26 PM

May 2008
windy said:
Not even Sawashiro Miyuki can save Kanbaru for me. She's annoying and needs to gtfo.

I...I am disappoint. How could you.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 22, 2009 11:12 PM
Apr 2008
Stupid OP. Boring episode as usual... except on the battle scene, wasnt quite boring.

-5000/10
Oct 8, 2009 7:25 AM

Jul 2009
Guess you either love or hate how this looks visually.. I for one absolutely hate it..

The fighting scene was just annoying if you ask me, visually appalling to the eyes with the bad drawing and mix mashed colours.. didn't like it at all.

Luckilly for Koyomi, Hitagi showed up and saved the day, don't think he could have lost much more gallons of blood really^^
Oct 11, 2009 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, even despite that Araragi can recover fast, that was a horrible beating. Most people wouldn't get up from a situation like that.
Oct 12, 2009 12:08 AM

Apr 2008
A fine story =D

On to the next story

Oct 22, 2009 3:15 PM
Feb 2009
y does he tries to help every1 l0l
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
1 hour ago

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.