Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2009 7:41 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NEW OP
quite wierd xD

good thing araragi can heal fast!
^^''

That was a pretty awesome episode. sisters are back xD

nadeko arc next! cant wait ^^

=> Also another reminder that Kizumonogatari is being translated, you can read the first few chapters while you wait: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Bakemonogatari
Aug 28, 2009 7:43 AM

Apr 2009
Ehehe, I was helping dump those images on 4chan.

Also, yeah, even if I can't speak moon this episode looks pretty interesting. I don't think I need subs too badly to know what is going on.
Aug 28, 2009 8:37 AM

Feb 2009
Fabrice said:
NEW OP

FUCK YES
Aug 28, 2009 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, Araragi was beaten up that badly; kinda disgusting ~~
Although Senjogahara made it, LOL@the Yuri flowers in Kanbaru's OP
Aug 28, 2009 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
Great new OP. Finally get too see shinobu "suck off" arararagi-san (i came), now Packed with more action ^_^ yayz for that. can't wait for next episode. this episode had some great cinematic timing lol.
Aug 28, 2009 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
Very nice opening, this arc was fantastic. I might have puked if they actually showed the Araragi getting beaten up realist. Although, I really liked the color change of the blood.
[right]

Aug 28, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
wow, that episode was really something different.
All the time while Araragi talked with Oshino before he went in, I knew theres going to be some extreme violence in next few minutes. glad i didnt shit myself lol....

and when Senjougahara said Araragi lied to her, i was like, now he's going to get dumped for sure. (glad he didnt....lol)

ps: cant wait for the new character next week, Nadeko snake.
vinesageAug 28, 2009 5:33 PM
Aug 28, 2009 7:38 PM

Jul 2008
Bakemonogatari looks like a Visual novel
Aug 29, 2009 2:46 AM
Feb 2009
Now that's some hard-core beating Araragi took. Great episode, can't wait for next arc. Kanbaru opening is great.
Aug 29, 2009 6:07 AM

May 2008
Want it nao! shizz.
Aug 29, 2009 7:35 AM
Mar 2009
The fight scene was certainly colorful to say the least.
Aug 29, 2009 7:37 AM

Apr 2008
well i think this new OP is great (yuri lillies! :D) but i kinda feel it's just for this ep.

i totally LOVED the fighting scene! as far as i can tell, the kanji were given for the injuries araragi suffered. and the scene, well, SHAFT fans... remind you of something? cause this came to my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOHwVZc6QYY
...::never knows best::...
Aug 29, 2009 6:01 PM

Jul 2008
rilwena said:
well i think this new OP is great (yuri lillies! :D) but i kinda feel it's just for this ep.

i totally LOVED the fighting scene! as far as i can tell, the kanji were given for the injuries araragi suffered. and the scene, well, SHAFT fans... remind you of something? cause this came to my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOHwVZc6QYY

I thought of the Maria Holic OP as well.
Aug 29, 2009 9:20 PM
Jul 2009
Apparently GG dropped several shows tonight, including Bakemono. Does anyone have a suggestion for what other fansubber people should use?
Aug 29, 2009 9:42 PM
Jul 2009
israfel070 said:
Apparently GG dropped several shows tonight, including Bakemono. Does anyone have a suggestion for what other fansubber people should use?

Source?
Aug 29, 2009 11:56 PM

Feb 2009
israfel070 said:

Confirmation please?

edit: lol nvm. gg subs released

http://tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=244104
SupermilkshakeAug 30, 2009 12:31 AM
Aug 30, 2009 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
Sealkid said:
I was thinking the same thing.

Aug 30, 2009 2:03 AM

Nov 2007
Maria†Holic fight was fitting with the lesbian themed arc.
Aug 30, 2009 2:16 AM
Aug 2008
Did the intestinal hammer throw remind anyone else of spiderman's classic Marvel vs Capcom move? Regardless that move was pwn
Aug 30, 2009 2:20 AM

Apr 2009
and another arc has finished.. hopefully the next one is also good..

Sealkid said:

kinda.. with all the help-a-girl theme (it's like hitagi route, mayoi route, suruga route, nadeko route, etc but arcs instead) and lots of conversation, monologue and narration especially when there are subs and you are just reading.. but not really.. this is just what happens usually when a light novel is adopted..
Aug 30, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2009
Great Ep........ Kanbaru's OP was awesome :-) lol at the bludgeoned to death part it made me think of the band suicide silence's song
Nate2k90Aug 30, 2009 2:53 AM
Aug 30, 2009 2:46 AM

Mar 2008
Another arc finished. Well, the first part of the episode wasn't that interesting, since everything said was quite obvious and even explained two times (one time in the text at the beginning). But the action was quite nice and then came Miss S and saved the day. Her unique way of talking about things is always the best. But really, Araragi broke his promise. I didn't realize it before, though I found it strange that she would believe the story about the telephone pole. Did she trust him to that degree? That's not coo, Araragi-kun ... breaking your promises. Good thing for him, she is so forgiving. :P
All in all this arc wasn't as good as the 2nd one, though that mainly depends on this current weaker episode.

Another thing. The "rope" Kanbaru threw Araragi around with, was that.... his intestinal ... ? I am kind of impressed how you can get away with things when you give them a different colour.

EDIT: I forgot about the new OP. It's my least favorite of these 3, but it was still kind of nice. Especially the scene were Kanbaru was cut with the scissor and especially those many many lilies (yuri = lily) were a nice metaphor.
ForeverAug 30, 2009 3:27 AM
Aug 30, 2009 3:04 AM

Nov 2007
Animyers said:
That is so true.

But seriously, even with the SHAFT styled fight scene, I still shouted "OH F**K!" when the Rainy Devil used Araragi's intestines like a lasso with him at the end >_<. Anyway, another great solid episode once more.
KantarouAug 30, 2009 3:08 AM
Aug 30, 2009 3:58 AM

Oct 2008
Even if Hitagi is kuudere, she should have care about Koyomi a bit more... I mean, I get it he broke his own promise, but for god sake - he was lying there sinking in his own blood and with his intestines teared out of him... Even if he can heal faster he was on a verge of very painful death, so seriously but Hitagi should've shown more interest about his state. :P
Aug 30, 2009 4:18 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode

Never seen someone get their ass kicked so thoroughly before. Also, first time seeing someone get thrown by their intestines.
Aug 30, 2009 4:22 AM
Aug 2008
Best line of the episode:
As a half-baked, comedic kind of authority, I don't mind lending a hand in this situation. (Bakemonogatari, Ep. 8)

The synchronized voices of Araragi and Sports Girl near the beginning was very artsy and I liked it; the pink blood was very artsy and I was neutral to it.
Aug 30, 2009 4:27 AM

Mar 2009
downloading at light speed right now, hope this eps will be good :D
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Aug 30, 2009 5:36 AM

Aug 2008
The intestine rope thing was something new. It was a decent ep, I liked the color changes but it could have been better.
Aug 30, 2009 6:48 AM

Mar 2009
holy crap , Kanbaru is seriously trying to make mince meat out of Ararararagi.
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Aug 30, 2009 7:57 AM
Dec 2007
The ending of this arc was not totally satisfying, plus there are way too many dialogues (as in every episode) and always the same formula for each arc, but well, Bakemonogatari is still a really cool series. A bit boring since nothing changes and developments are extremely superficial, but whatever.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2009 7:57 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, and Hitagi saves the day. Also, Shinobu is so moe. :3
The intestine throwing completely caught me off guard...didn't see that one coming.
Aug 30, 2009 8:05 AM

Aug 2009
Veeeery much talkin' as always but why can't we stop watching it ^^.
Great episode.
Aug 30, 2009 8:08 AM

Sep 2008
Gruesome fight was nicely animated. I love SHAFT.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Aug 30, 2009 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
I don't know if goddess words can be this powerful as Senjougahara words.

Forever said:
Her unique way of talking about things is always the best. But really, Araragi broke his promise. I didn't realize it before, though I found it strange that she would believe the story about the telephone pole. Did she trust him to that degree? That's not coo, Araragi-kun ... breaking your promises. Good thing for him, she is so forgiving. :P

I am not really sure if Senjougahara was trying to forgive him or she was just trying to say that is how much I love you. For me I would go with the last one. You know she is not that stupid enough to believe the story about telephone pole.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 30, 2009 8:32 AM

Mar 2009
hey quite awesome xD that fight was bloody poor araragi kun haha.
his intestins...
oh anyway, rated 5/5
looking forward to next ep!!!
Aug 30, 2009 8:33 AM

Dec 2007
Morkand-san said:

Because the dialogues and character interactions are one of the things which make this series so damn good.

Siva said:

I am not really sure if Senjougahara was trying to forgive him or she was just trying to say that is how much I love you. For me I would go with the last one. You know she is not that stupid enough to believe the story about telephone pole.

I completely agree with this statement. Barring maybe the part where she said that Araragi lied to her, she sounded far from being angry during her small speech. Rather, it sounded very affectionate.
yakisobapanAug 30, 2009 8:39 AM
Aug 30, 2009 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
great ep. the intestinal throw was really something but i'm curious about Araragi's healing power would he grow a new intestine or does he have to put his original intestine back into his body in order for it to heal properly?

Aug 30, 2009 9:06 AM

Jan 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Kanbaru just ripped out the intestines of Koyomi, she was playing with them like a kid with a yoyo, also; Senjogahara should stop being a bipolar slut, out of nowhere she stops being a tsundere ho for a quite kind lady. Certainly that speech in front of Koyomi was lovely, but seriously... Just... stop.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 30, 2009 9:11 AM
Dec 2008
Bakemonogatori's gruesome parts always manages to surprise me. (man that wasn't a fight, it was more like a slaughter) I'm also curios about Arararagi's healing power, it seems he can still manage even in that severe condition.Do you need a nuke to kill the guy?

and Oshino make things right at always.

also for some reason I can't stop rewatching the blood sucking scene 0_o...

Aug 30, 2009 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
Charliehsv said:
Morkand-san said:

Because the dialogues and character interactions are one of the things which make this series so damn good.

I know ^^
Aug 30, 2009 9:43 AM

May 2008
Araragi is such a lolicon...XD
Aug 30, 2009 9:44 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
OftheFlesh said:
Bakemonogatori's gruesome parts always manages to surprise me. (man that wasn't a fight, it was more like a slaughter) I'm also curios about Arararagi's healing power, it seems he can still manage even in that severe condition.Do you need a nuke to kill the guy?

Well, that wasn't even tenth of the power he had as a vampire. Essentially, the reason he gets power is because Shinobu (his master vampire) has his blood inside her. In a full vampire state, you can expect him to resurrect even if reduced to minced meat (a bit like in Mnemosyne)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Mar 2008
Siva said:
Forever said:
Her unique way of talking about things is always the best. But really, Araragi broke his promise. I didn't realize it before, though I found it strange that she would believe the story about the telephone pole. Did she trust him to that degree? That's not coo, Araragi-kun ... breaking your promises. Good thing for him, she is so forgiving. :P

Well, I certainly agree with your viewpoint. I also didn't really believe that she bought his story about the telephone pole. I just had the feeling she did trust him that much that she didn't question it further or asked him anything about this obvious lie.
But I wouldn't consider her a character that easily forgives a broken promise. I think promises are rather important for her. So either this is a sign that she loves him so much, that she would forgive many things as long as it's him or she didn't really consider it a broken promise in the first place and was just teasing him. Either way I think she is heavily in love with him. <3
Aug 30, 2009 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
You know I wonder if that guy is nice or stupid why putting yourself in harm way like that. She's the one who went and get herself in that mess, she should pay the consequences!!

The blood during that fight should be red, jeez she used his guts to throw him.
Aug 30, 2009 10:49 AM
Jul 2009
That was fun to watch.
Aug 30, 2009 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
Forever said:
Well, I certainly agree with your viewpoint. I also didn't really believe that she bought his story about the telephone pole. I just had the feeling she did trust him that much that she didn't question it further or asked him anything about this obvious lie.
But I wouldn't consider her a character that easily forgives a broken promise. I think promises are rather important for her. So either this is a sign that she loves him so much, that she would forgive many things as long as it's him or she didn't really consider it a broken promise in the first place and was just teasing him. Either way I think she is heavily in love with him. <3

I believe she is serious about killing someone if Araragi were to get killed. So I agree with you that a promise is important to her. But in this case, you could say that she knows who exactly Araragi is. He is the type of a person that would get himself killed just to save someone. I guess she probably take this into account and just go with his flow. Or as you said, she is seriously in love with him.

wakka9ca said:
Well, that wasn't even tenth of the power he had as a vampire. Essentially, the reason he gets power is because Shinobu (his master vampire) has his blood inside her. In a full vampire state, you can expect him to resurrect even if reduced to minced meat (a bit like in Mnemosyne)
I'm pretty sure they did say he is immortal ^_^

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 30, 2009 11:10 AM

Jul 2008
phewww again a awesome arc. i cant get enough of senjougahara <3 she came again and save the day wohoo

Aug 30, 2009 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
This anime is fucking amazing. It's mostly talking but that's fine because the writing is great, and even on the rare occasion that it has action, it's directed brilliantly.
Aug 30, 2009 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
I'd hate to be Araragi...that shit must have really hurt. Great episode. We're moving on to the next arc.

By the way, is it me or did Kanbaru just rip Araragi's intestines off? Anyway, that was awesome. Pink Blood FTW.

Aug 30, 2009 11:39 AM

Aug 2007
Kantarou said:
Animyers said:
That is so true.

But seriously, even with the SHAFT styled fight scene, I still shouted "OH F**K!" when the Rainy Devil used Araragi's intestines like a lasso with him at the end >_<. Anyway, another great solid episode once more.
Hannibal, anyone?

Finally, done with this arc that I didn't really like.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Yesterday, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.