Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2009 7:03 AM

Jul 2009
Forever said:
unellmay said:
Mer there was three of them
He only ever though one and just learning
someones attack won't suddenly make you better that makes no sense

She only used "Maiden Restriction" and "Clown Marionette" - both were used in the first 1vs1 fight against her before and he memorized them both. In the first fight he was immune against an attack from her he already memorized, so he should have been immune to both of her attacks this episode. Obvious and ridiculous plot hole.

Again TWO more people
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 31, 2009 7:45 AM

Mar 2008
unellmay said:
Forever said:
unellmay said:

She only used "Maiden Restriction" and "Clown Marionette" - both were used in the first 1vs1 fight against her before and he memorized them both. In the first fight he was immune against an attack from her he already memorized, so he should have been immune to both of her attacks this episode. Obvious and ridiculous plot hole.

Again TWO more people

That doesn't matter. I only wanted to prove the plot hole regarding Kuchinashi to all those claiming that there are no plot holes. The biggest one is still the vent scene, by the way.

When we assume Darklight0303's thesis is right and Blade can only reproduce those abilities slightly weaker, then he would have lost the 1vs1 against Setsuna and then got a finishing blow by Mio. But then again even when we assume he is a little bit slower then Setsuna and he can't hit her, she still has to go into melee range for her to hit him. But since he has "maiden restriction" he can shield the melee range around him with the scent thus laying a trap or making her unable to approach him,which would make him undefeatable vs all of their 3 attacks, as long as he keeps using speed.
Aug 31, 2009 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
Darklight0303 said:
in the battle with Uchida the Vulcan Shock Ignition from Blade WAS smaller and less powerfull than the one Uchida fired. Only reason he won then is cause he combined Kandata string.
Haiz...Here goes.

That first Vulcan Shock Ignition was a decoy (PURPOSELY made weaker to throw away Kumada's attention) and then surprise him with an equally poweful skill with the addition of the string skill. If you even go back a few more minutes, he even went one on one with Kumada's Little Boy and won cause of his superior fist strength. Even on the first episode fight against the spider, the villain himself acknowledged that Blade had perfectly copied his skill right down to the strength used..Henced confirmed that Blade can reciprocate any enemy skills with perfect precision while Arclight seems to be able to magnify any skill that he memorised.

As for the 3 girls, Blade could have easily go on the offensive against the girls especially since he memorised a shit load of new skills from Arclight.

He could have:
i. Gone for Setsuna using her own skills against her and probably would have won too..
ii. Gone for Kuchinashi who was obviously the weakest link in their team well before Setsuna could even realise his plan..
BUT NO. Blade just stood there and had his arse handed to him on a silver platter.

And then came the scent immunity part (Maybe they were Mark II version of the skills that Blade memorised, who knows, LOL)

As for the vents magic trick, well......the staffs were probaly just lazy to animate them. YEA...MUST BE IT >_>. They were even bigger "oddities" in the Goldy Locks security system in episode 6.

I wanted to at least have fun watching my over the top and ridiculous Needless battles giggling like a little child but then Blade just went 180 and needessly lost to the girls. K, I just didn't want Blade to lose to the girls..at least not by that lousy inaction method..

I was bored too.
Aug 31, 2009 8:22 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
unellmay said:
Forever said:
unellmay said:

Again TWO more people

Seto just pwned THREE people, the telekinesis queen pwned an entire crowd.

More people =/= stronger
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 31, 2009 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
Seto's power is made for crowd control you could say plus she caught them by surprise. Not that that makes her any less awesome but still :P
Aug 31, 2009 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
Indeed, Blade had been equal or more powerful against the same user with the same abilities except against Arclight (which I guess is because Arclight's strenght is so much it even kills him...). Both against Kafka and Teruyama he won some sort of strenght contest (specifically mentioned in the Little Boy clash), and resisting specific fragances from Kuchinashi after memorizing them.

What is even worse, Blade has shown before that he can easily COMBINE moves(during the end of the Teruyama fight)... so he could have used Power fragment plus Fox Hound, or any combination really.

We could just write this off as PIS. Other explanations are that Kuchinashi's Maiden Restriction always has the same name but uses different fragances (convoluted), that Setsuna is nimbler so she is a little faster using her moves than Blade as he is built as a brick house, or that experience with the fragment played a part (which seems strange as so far Blade always knew exactly how to get the most out of memorized moves).
Aug 31, 2009 11:55 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
OmegaDenmad said:
Indeed, Blade had been equal or more powerful against the same user with the same abilities except against Arclight (which I guess is because Arclight's strenght is so much it even kills him...). Both against Kafka and Teruyama he won some sort of strenght contest (specifically mentioned in the Little Boy clash), and resisting specific fragances from Kuchinashi after memorizing them.

What is even worse, Blade has shown before that he can easily COMBINE moves(during the end of the Teruyama fight)... so he could have used Power fragment plus Fox Hound, or any combination really.

We could just write this off as PIS. Other explanations are that Kuchinashi's Maiden Restriction always has the same name but uses different fragances (convoluted), that Setsuna is nimbler so she is a little faster using her moves than Blade as he is built as a brick house, or that experience with the fragment played a part (which seems strange as so far Blade always knew exactly how to get the most out of memorized moves).

What's really ridiculous is the fact that Blade didn't even try any special moves. He didn't even try to hit back....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 31, 2009 12:23 PM

Sep 2008
Seto/Solva moe~
Aug 31, 2009 5:42 PM

May 2008
LOL , Blade looks funny in the next episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 1, 2009 9:23 PM

Jan 2009
Ha! Awesome ep! Badass lolis forever!

Sep 2, 2009 6:51 AM

May 2008
Damn, Disk had a nice booby trap for those guys ;D

& way to go, Teruyama. Always getting your face right in Disk's butt.

There were some nice DBZ fighting skills during Adam's fight. Too bad he was getting his ass owned :/

Thank god Seto&Solva know Adam. I thought they were bad guys when it showed them in the beginning D:

Sep 2, 2009 7:06 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah they were quite suspicious.
Sep 2, 2009 11:39 PM
Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:
OmegaDenmad said:

What's really ridiculous is the fact that Blade didn't even try any special moves. He didn't even try to hit back....

He tried to hit Setsuna mutiple times, but she evaded his strikes, while the other two took advantage of his distraction.
Sep 3, 2009 3:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Dove said:
wakka9ca said:
OmegaDenmad said:

He tried to hit Setsuna mutiple times, but she evaded his strikes, while the other two took advantage of his distraction.

You inverted the quote <_<
wakka9caSep 6, 2009 9:24 AM
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Sep 3, 2009 3:53 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
Dove said:
wakka9ca said:
OmegaDenmad said:

You inverted the quote <_<

wuts inverted?

anyway screens

unellmaySep 3, 2009 4:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 4, 2009 7:53 AM

Oct 2007
Alexstratz said:
Disc has some serious firepower, just makes her more awesome.

Did Seto say "Boku wa Seto"?

I noticed that too O_o. Here's hoping shes not a trap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Sep 5, 2009 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
Alexstratz said:

Did Seto say "Boku wa Seto"? If so, does that mean she's a trap?

Some girl use ''Boku'' as well, tough they are often referred as tomboy.

The episode was awesome, I didn't laugh like that for a while :).
The only character I hate in this show is Cruz, every else is win.
Sep 6, 2009 9:23 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
unellmay said:

wuts inverted?

He is missing one /quote clause to close the quotes appropriately. In addition, he inverted what I said with that of OmegaRed
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Sep 7, 2009 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
Kinda lame how Solva's attack near the end was similar to Blades attack in the first episode, the slash to the right then down, even the half face show and smile

Okay episode otherwise

Sep 8, 2009 7:25 AM

Aug 2009
Th epretty girl squad better not be dead. Mio-tan was too cute to die :(.

Anyway, this is an awesome weries and I hope seto+solva are just as bad as they say they are.
Sep 8, 2009 3:46 PM
May 2008
Some new characters which are pretty badass and typical Needless episode... but that's a good thing imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 13, 2009 8:59 PM

Dec 2007
This episode was good. Seto and Solva look badass to me. Like few people, I have a feeling that mystery woman probably is Cruz's sister, who knows. I look forward to watch Seto and Solva's fight.
Oct 14, 2009 3:15 PM

Sep 2007
Great comedy and fights, just what I expected from Needless. Seto and Solva look like an awesome addition to the team. ^_^

Oct 21, 2009 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
Speed's hole is just in the anime version... in the manga Blade never memorizes Setsuna's ability from Arclight, but from her in Shelter #3 (if I remeber right), and when he does he's SLOWER than her because she's "smaller" than him.
Same thing for Goldy Locks, epic episode but also filler.

For Kuchinashi's, she can make infinite fragrances so I think she don't bother herself to create names for everyone of them, just "Maiden Restriction" is ok and everytime she change it.

However, Mio-chan's "ONIIIIIIIIII-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!" was SO cute :3
Nov 21, 2009 3:07 PM

Jul 2009
While on the whole plothole issue, how come Setsuna and Mio arent affected by Kuchinashis fragrances? And Kuchinashi herself for that matter.
Nov 21, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
Well, is Kuchinashi that decides who to "possess", so I think she just don't "takes" them, even if they breathe her fragrance; and if is that the problem..., also Uchida should burn himself in his flames (XD) but he doesn't, imo every needless is immune to his/her power
Dec 13, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
Wtf man, Blade can't handle 3 loli girls, but this new lady that can use Gravity easily beat them. WTF BLADE, WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?

Okay, where did these two girls come from? It's like a deus ex machina LOL. Appeared out of the blue to help Blade overcome a difficult situation.

Wonder what's going to happen.
Dec 17, 2009 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah pretty much the plot holes I hated ALOT in this episodes fight. He already memorized the girls scents (she might've changed them a bit so I'll let that one slide), he already used speed and power just last episode after he memorized them from Arclight.The two goes that just showed up he clearly knew beforehand so he should've already had their abilities memorized too. It's like he's gone his entire life memorizing abilities but he's only allowed to use the ones from 4 people that fought him in the last week. Also I wonder why he never uses Doppleganger to change himself.
Dec 17, 2009 3:11 PM

Jul 2008
silentknight0083 said:
Also I wonder why he never uses Doppleganger to change himself.

I think it's because Doppleganger is a Missing Link-like ability, oh well it's true that he could hit Eve in the head...
Jan 6, 2010 11:42 AM

Dec 2007
KayChan4U said:

Nice play on words there lol.

And the who touched my butt joke was amusing too.
Mar 8, 2010 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
KayChan4U said:

& way to go, Teruyama. Always getting your face right in Disk's butt.

There were some nice DBZ fighting skills during Adam's fight. Too bad he was getting his ass owned :/

Thank god Seto&Solva know Adam. I thought they were bad guys when it showed them in the beginning D:

The anime soo reminds me of DBZ + ecchi. Maybe there is a tad too much loli?
Jul 2, 2011 3:26 PM
Jul 2010
Episode was okay. Would have been better if Blade put up more of a fight, but I guess that would have made Seto and Soruva's entrance less dynamic.
Aug 8, 2011 11:55 AM

Mar 2011
What?! Kuchinashi is dead?! (´Д` ) Now this anime has lost my atention. (Yes, I only watch this anime for the kawaii lolis)
Jan 27, 2012 3:39 AM

Dec 2011
Mio chan atacked using her butt.
lol

Im loving this show.
Aug 17, 2014 12:05 PM

May 2012
Nice ending, let's see what's next though!
Jan 3, 2015 8:16 PM

Sep 2014
Nayah said:
Most painful plot hole I had ever watched in a long time.

I know right?!!? it was so painful :/

I was under the impression that blade already learned fragrance, and speed. I mean he used it in the fight against archlight..? and that was before the 3 lolis..
Aug 27, 2015 9:20 PM

Feb 2013
Y'know I assume Blade would be able to overcome 3 girls with abilities that he's already copied but....ah fuck it
May 13, 2016 10:55 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The reason why he lost "so easily" was because he's fighting against a group that works fights well when grouped together. They know how to use their own powers against him.
Sep 29, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
-..........they don't get paid enough, yo.

his sister, it's totally his sister, definitively.

tengoku, jigoku, tenma-... ....japanese _|D

people! it's the next generation of Soylent Green!
totally, he's harvesting all of those "dead" Needless to feed his power, totally _|D!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 14, 2017 10:26 PM

Feb 2014
Goku said:
Nayah said:
Most painful plot hole I had ever watched in a long time.

I know right?!!? it was so painful :/

I was under the impression that blade already learned fragrance, and speed. I mean he used it in the fight against archlight..? and that was before the 3 lolis..

Not only speed and fragrance, but many other movements/skills he (should have) already learned against Arclight.

*sigh* I was enjoying so much until that happens, now I'm very bothered by it....
TechOtakuMay 14, 2017 10:32 PM
Sep 6, 2017 11:53 PM

Aug 2017
OmegaDenmad said:
Any guesses as to what Saten and that girl did to Eve? Besides seemingly raping her. x__X Pretty sure it's not anything good for either of the Adams and it will blow up soon on their faces.

I WAS kinda bothered with all the Blade jobbing. Though he did enjoy the physical contact with Mio's buttocks, which could explain why he was containing his powers, his thoughts were totally serious about him being outclassed by the PGS and trying to fight and win. Ok, it's NEEDLESS, but still...

And the "masked girl is Aruka" is so obvious that of course she will be her, lol. Again, this is Needless.

ikr, like blade can learn all of their powers and i dont understand why he doesnt use them since he already has the speed and the smell when he fights the 3 girls and he can easily learn the strength like he just fought arklight and was doing good then those little girls are just cleaving him like hell even eve was able to beat all 3 of them easily like that honestly pissed me off!!
Sep 6, 2017 11:59 PM

Aug 2017
silentknight0083 said:
Yeah pretty much the plot holes I hated ALOT in this episodes fight. He already memorized the girls scents (she might've changed them a bit so I'll let that one slide), he already used speed and power just last episode after he memorized them from Arclight.The two goes that just showed up he clearly knew beforehand so he should've already had their abilities memorized too. It's like he's gone his entire life memorizing abilities but he's only allowed to use the ones from 4 people that fought him in the last week. Also I wonder why he never uses Doppleganger to change himself.

yea and in earlier episode eve kicked their asses easily like i was hoping they werent going to pull a psycho pass 2 ep 2 but it appears God is not on my side i will be forever riddled with anime full of ridiculous situations!!
Jul 12, 2020 3:40 PM
Feb 2020
And Stay Dead.

Old Man and The Kid are no help. Flame Guy and Info Girl are better alone.

Adam Blade is annoyingly dense. If he learned the spped and the speed move Arklight learned from Speed Girl how the heck was he not able to at least not get hit by speed girl. And he had it written out to him TWICE that the fragrance immobilization power (well all the fragrance powers) work by breathing in.

So he should know by holding his breath he is only really in a battle with speed girl who he can beat (Power Girl is too slow and her hitting him relies on the other two using their powers so she can land a blow on him).

Adam Blade is too dense.
Jul 12, 2020 3:49 PM
Feb 2020
And we know he can multi-task and he can use any power he's ever used before any time he wants to.

And he can hide an attack by one power in an attack via a different power so he could really have just used his immobilizing fragrance (well it's his now since he learned it) and he could have slowed speed girl down while she was at speed so he could knock her out before fragrance girl knew what was happening and then fireballed her or just kept zapping her with flame while flash-stepping all over the room out of the way of any thing the strong one could throw.

This was a basic intelligence test he failed badly.
Sep 17, 2021 5:48 PM

Nov 2010
Blade got nerfed real hard. If Eve can match those 3 without breaking a sweat then he shouldn't have any problems against them. I guess he can't go all out against pretty/cute girls. I understand. I'd rather lewd them than punch them that's for sure. haha

I want to bury my face on Disc's butt.

Damn, that Seto is gorgeous. It's love at first sight. Instantly the no. 1 waifu in the series for me. hehe
May 5, 2023 3:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yep the guardians are definitely going to be interesting to fight, especially that masked girl. At least now they joined Blade and two new girls appeared in their favor
Sep 2, 2023 10:52 AM

Dec 2022
Why is Adam a hyper jobber now? He already lost to fragrance girl last time. Now he has no speed, reaction time, power, seemingly lost or forgot his memorisation and combining ability, and has no combat tactics.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:31 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.